Profile for Doe Eyes > Reviews

Content by Doe Eyes

Doe Eyes

Page: 1 | 2
Dove Nourishing Oil Care Leave In Conditioning and Care Spray - 200 ml Pack of 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Effective!, 22 April 2014
A very effective and nice product, true to what it promises.
I have long, natural curly hair and this leave-in conditioner is able to detangle it very easily. My hair is also fine, with the tendency to flatten down after just few hours after washing, so the fact that this conditioner is indeed weightless really helps. The spray pump makes applying it extremely easy and not messy at all, spreading the product evenly. I particularly like the smoothness and the shiny result I got after I have blown my hair dry and styled it as usual.
The smell is very nice but undefinable. As the ingredients list almond, argan and coconut oils, I was expecting a somewhat exotic or typically tropical scent (which would have been fine with me), but instead the smell is very clean and subtle, more like (if you are acquainted with it) the classic version of Dove soap bars. This unexpected twist was after all a boon, as the smell of the leave-in oil is so neutral that you can blend it with any shampoo brand you are currently using with no unwelcome War of Contrasting Scents surprise. I usually use John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Colour Protecting Revealing Moisturising Shampoo for all Brunettes 250ml and the combining result was very rewarding.
All in all a good purchase I don't regret. My hair was detangled, frizz-free, shiny and bouncy, smelling crispy clean. And if your hair tends to be dry like mine, you can also use it to sooth thirsty ends in between washings.
As leave-in conditioners go, this is one of the best I've tried (and believe me I've tried many). As the price is very affordable (and the confection is 200 ml, so it should last pretty long), I would grab one too if I were you.

Hawaiian Tropic SPF25 Island Berry Lip Gloss (Pack of 2)
Hawaiian Tropic SPF25 Island Berry Lip Gloss (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars My Lips are in Love !, 18 Nov. 2013
Oh my ! What a little treasure I've found ! As soon as I've tried it on my lips, this Hawaiian Tropic Island Berry Lip Gloss rewrote the definition of lip balm as long as I'm concerned. The smell is unearthly and it tastes so yummy that you have to refrain from constantly licking it off ! Despite its rich and smooth texture it manages to stay put for a long time without becoming sticky or messy. Your lips feel silky and nourished. If you use it by itself it gives your lips a transparent berry-pink tint, enhancing their natural shade, but subtle enough to remain discrete on them. I've also tried it on top of my lipstick to add gloss and shine and it works wonderfully too. I know it's just a little tube of lip gloss, but sometimes it helps to cheer yourself up with a small piece of tropical hawaiian paradise (especially when the weather it's gray and cold).
Don't buy it just for the sun shielding aspect, enjoy it as part of your daily make-up routine too, you won't regret it !

Hawaiian Tropic Aftersun Body Butter Exotic Coconut
Hawaiian Tropic Aftersun Body Butter Exotic Coconut

5.0 out of 5 stars Coconut to pamper your skin, 22 Sept. 2013
This body butter is meant as an aftersun treatment, but works wonders for 365 days as a nourishing boost. Like another Hawaiian Tropic product I'm actually in love with, Hawaiian Tropic SPF25 Island Berry Lip Gloss, it would be a shame not to enjoy it all the year round. The consistency of this body butter is extremely rich, but despite this, it manages to immediately give your skin a smooth and supple texture without becoming oily or sticky.
I use it as an all-purpose product whenever my skin feels thirsty or mistreated. I've found it perfect as a night treatment for my feet and hands (wearing socks and gloves), particularly useful for roughened elbows and really soothing right after I've passed the epilator on my legs. The scent of coconut is of course there, but unlike many coconut-based beauty products that smell good in a "cloying" way, this body butter presents a more subtle, clean and fresh version of a coconut based fragrance. And this, I think, it's a bonus, because you can safely use it together with your usual perfume or other beauty products you usually apply, without fearing an unbecoming layering of different scents.
I have been using it for a long time and a jar is quite always sitting on my nightstand or bathroom. It's a jolly product, it absorbs instantly and the price is reasonable for its quality. I suggest you give it a chance as an aftersun, but mainly as an excellent body moisturizer that brings a little piece of hawaiian tropical paradise around you for a short while.

TRESemme 3039U Volume Rollers
TRESemme 3039U Volume Rollers

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful versatile rollers, 22 Sept. 2013
In this very cute small package you get as much as ten rollers. The container looks more like a little beauty-case with an handle and a plastic see-through lid. That's what makes it ideal for traveling. But also at home they have their purpose, especially when you don't have much time or you need a quick touch-up between washings. The rollers need the usual 10-15 minutes to heat up, so you can find them ready after you have showered and blown your hair dry. Ten rollers are not enough to cover your whole head, but as I've said for touch-ups and hasty stylings they'll do fine. Also, if your hair is naturally curly or wavy like mine, you can apply the rollers just on the top of your head to the outer strands, as they will then blend seamlessly with the untreated ones, giving you extra volume, shine and frizz-free results anyway.
The section of the rollers is quite wide, so don't buy them if you intend to obtain spiral and tight curls. They should suit medium to long hair both as well, but meant more to add body and shiny smoothness than perm-like curls.
They're easy to put on, they don't get hot to the point of burning your fingertips and the pins that come with them are tight enough to provide a firm hold. They're a bit heavy, but not so much as to make your scalp ache and then you just need to keep them on for few minutes.
All in all a purchase I don't regret. It's a very versatile kit of rollers to have as an extra one. The materials are sturdy and of good quality. The price is reasonable and the chic contrast of black and hot-pink is a glamorous boon !

Herbal Essences Bee Strong Leave-In Conditioner 150ml
Herbal Essences Bee Strong Leave-In Conditioner 150ml
Offered by Kiara World

5.0 out of 5 stars Great smell and weightless, 21 Sept. 2013
I have long, natural curly hair and this little wonder has no difficulty in detangling it. The feeling you get once you've put it on damp hair is of a weightless but effective veil able to smooth and nourish. I also noticed that I get some extra-body, which is a welcome boon for me as I have fine hair, with the tendency to flatten down just few hours after washing.
The smell is very nice. The honey and the apricot blended together surround your head with a sweet fruity scent, but clean and not cloying at all. I've been using it combined with the same line shampoo, Herbal Essences Bee Strong Shampoo 400ml, and I'm very happy with the shiny, smooth, bouncy result I gained in the last few weeks.
I like the confection too, a cheering bright yellow-gold and the spray pump makes applying it really easy and not messy at all.
For its purpose, its smell, its price, a real winner.

Along Came a Duke: Rhymes With Love
Along Came a Duke: Rhymes With Love
by Elizabeth Boyle
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun Regency Romp, 20 Jun. 2012
This is the story of the devil-may-care + handsome Duke of Preston and his reluctance in dining alone, a country spinster Tabitha Timmons ( or his Tabby) and her dog, Mr. Muggins, an irish terrier (maybe) and his penchant for chasing after feathers ! In order to inherit a vast fortune, Tabby must marry a man chosen by her deceased uncle and Preston will do everything possible to save his Tabby from a dull marriage, even if it's going to take him quite a while to acknowledge his true motives behind his sudden interest in Tabitha's future.
It's a merry chase that goes back and forth from the country to London that resembles an old fashion comedy of manners.
The writing is fast paced and witty and the banter between h\h is fun to watch.
Standard fare, but highly enjoyable !

The Society Portrait: Painting, Prestige and the Pursuit of Elegance
The Society Portrait: Painting, Prestige and the Pursuit of Elegance
by Gabriel Badea-Päun

5.0 out of 5 stars Mesmerizing !, 27 Jan. 2012
This book has the most wonderful reproductions of paintings on paper I've seen in a long long time!
They're just mesmerizing to look at.
Badea-Paun, who is a romenian-french scholarly writer, has created a very professional work,
full of information but also very entertaining for anybody even slightly interested in art and expecially portraiture.
This book represents a wide range comprehensive introduction on how the leading class wanted to be immortalized
throughout the XIX and the XX century (covering from the end of the XVIII century to the mid of the XX).
The names are the big ones: David, Ingres, Winterhalter, Sargent, Lazslo ...
All the pictures (I think about 200) come in big size (most of them are full page) and in beautiful and true-to-life colours.
The price is not cheap, but what good art book is these days ?
At least this one is really worth it!

TRESemme 3038U Salon Professional Hot Rollers
TRESemme 3038U Salon Professional Hot Rollers

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice waves !, 19 Jan. 2012
Easy and safe to use rollers made with high quality materials.
Ideal for travelling as the size of the whole oval box is minimum and the clips and pins come
in an useful zipped black case. Also, as the rollers are only five, they can be used at home for
quick touch-ups in between hair washings.
The section of the rollers, being very wide, provides real nice and shining frizz-free waves on medium to long hair.
These jumbo rollers are meant to add volume and indeed they do, but don't buy them if you intend
to give your hair tight and spiral curls.
They need 10 to 15 minuts to heat up, so you can turn them on while you shower and find them ready
after you have blown your hair dry.
The resulting look will be of a very glamorous and healthy hair easy to school in any hairstyle you choose.
And then the pretty hot-pink of the velvet coating it's a bonus !

Danielle Moulin Rouge Triple Pocket
Danielle Moulin Rouge Triple Pocket

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy but also practical !, 18 Jan. 2012
I've just received this make-up bag today and can't wait to use it!
Great bargain for the price as the materials are evidently of high quality and the contrast between the black lace
and the powdery pink of the satin gives a stunning and chic effect, much better than the picture on this site shows.
The lining is of a bright red satin, the outside is entirely doubled by a glossy plastic coating tha prevents the fabric from getting dirty (so it's going to be very easy to wipe it clean) and the size is about 23x12x5 cm.
This is the ideal make-up bag you can keep in your everyday purse and take with you everywhere you go.
I suggest you to check on the site other items of the same Danielle's Moulin Rouge line as they come at a very interesting price for the quality and the classy and glamorous look of the pattern.

Chanel Allure Eau De Parfum Spray - 100ml/3.3oz
Chanel Allure Eau De Parfum Spray - 100ml/3.3oz
Offered by CosmeticsHQ

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy and sweet !, 18 Jan. 2012
I've been using this perfume for some years now and this might prevent me from being impartial, but I'm not afraid to say that in my opinion, this is the best essence Chanel has ever created.
Its prismatic composition of floral, oriental, fresh, fruity and woody notes provides an enchanting effect on your skin.
After the first tart notes and alcohol have evaporated (only few minutes ), you'll find yourself accompained all day ( or night ! ) long by an elegant and sweet (but no cloying) trail of roses and vanilla, with hints of powder and something fresh and feminine at the same time that is elusive, mysterious and difficult to define just as its name, allure, which has a meaning that comprehend a moltitude of aspects impossible to classify and that can be different for each woman.
Since I started using this perfume I've never been able to change it (even though I've always kept checking new offers from other brands) and I think I'll never do, as now I recognize myself ( as who knows me does) in this scent that after years it's still able to make me feel chic and seductive in any occasion.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2014 12:52 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2