Profile for Newfriday > Reviews

Content by Newfriday

Newfriday (UK)

Instant Confidence  (Book and CD)
Instant Confidence (Book and CD)
by Paul McKenna
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars KISS - Keep It Simple Silly, 27 Nov 2007
If you are low on confidence or feel as though your confidence could do with some extra boost, then this is the book for you.

The contents is based around NLP and would be ideally suited to beginners who wish to keep things simple and then progress onto more in-depth areas of the subject. This book will certainly teach you how to program your mind to work for you, rather than against you.

The added bonus with this book is the accompanying CD, which I believe has helped me tremendously for the purpose of attending interviews and I am so convinced that by listening to the CD a few times a week, it has made me more confident in all aspects of my life.

So what are you waiting for? Give your subconscious mind a treat and I am sure you will see the benefits for yourself.

Hypnotic Writing: How to Seduce and Persuade Customers with Only Your Words
Hypnotic Writing: How to Seduce and Persuade Customers with Only Your Words
by Joe Vitale
Price: 13.99

2.0 out of 5 stars The Best Hypnotic Advice I Can Give You...., 20 Nov 2007
I was very much looking forward to reading this book, as I have heard a lot of positive things about the author. Yet, the best Hypnotic advice I can give you is to save your money!!

There is absolutely nothing you can learn from this book that you cannot learn from NLP and books such as Persuasion and Unlimited Selling Skills.

Save your money or better still donate it to a good cause, it will make you feel much better.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 4, 2009 11:15 PM BST

Anyone Can Do It: My Story
Anyone Can Do It: My Story
by Duncan Bannatyne

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes... You Too Can Do It!!, 28 Jan 2007
Whilst waiting for a friend in Waterstones, I picked up Anyone Can Do It and after reading the first few chapters, I was glad my friend turned up late. Without a second thought I bought the book and finished it within three days, thats how great it was.

The book is full of interesting insights into how a determined, ambitious and single-minded driven person can achieve his goals and it has certainly given me several ideas which I can't wait to implement into my own company.

This book is highly recommended for anyone wishing to get off their backsides and make a success of their lives and as the title reads 'Anyone can do it' and with the right programming of the mind and meeting the right people at the right time, we all have a chance of making our lives a success.

One extremely important point to remember also is that the more money you make in life... the more you should be prepared to give away to people who require it in life!! (Think Romania)

The Burning Train [DVD]
The Burning Train [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dharmendra
Offered by desitunes4u
Price: 4.94

5.0 out of 5 stars A film not to be missed, 29 May 2006
This review is from: The Burning Train [DVD] (DVD)
A great cast, brilliant story line and film well ahead of its time... truly one of the first big budget films to have come out of Bollywood.

The Burning Train as the title suggests is about broken-hearted man, who takes revenge on the woman who rejects him by placing a bomb on a train. You may be thinking why would anyone do that? Well the reason he places the bomb on the train is because the woman who rejects the psycho is going out with the man who designed the train, therefore wanting revenge he places the bomb on the train.

The passengers on the train are a mixture of young and old, rich and poor, happy and sad and the part were the children sing a heartfelt song will surely bring a tear to your eyes.

Dostana [DVD]
Dostana [DVD]
Dvd ~ Amitabh Bachchan
Offered by BLT-Deals
Price: 3.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Behind the break up of a friendship is always a Woman ;o), 29 May 2006
This review is from: Dostana [DVD] (DVD)
Undoubtedly one of Amitabh Batchan's best films for me and together with his screen presence and great acting ability, I would definitely recommend this film.

Dostana (friendship) is about two friends, one a police officer and the other a successful barrister. One captures criminals, whilst the other sets them free, yet there is no love lost between them that is until a beautiful woman comes into their lives. She falls for the police officer, whilst the barrister also falls for her, but does not reveal his true feelings until it's to late. When the barrister finds out that the woman of his dreams is going out with his best friend, he feels betrayed and they then become enemies.

A brilliant film and one to watch if you are a fan of Big B.

Naseeb [DVD]
Naseeb [DVD]
Dvd ~ Amitabh Bachchan
Offered by Green DVD INC
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A must see Blockbuster, 29 May 2006
This review is from: Naseeb [DVD] (DVD)
This film has everything you would expect from a smash hit and in my view this film was well ahead of its times. A mixture of friendship, betrayal, love and classic songs, therefore a typical Bollywood blockbuster, which no doubt will live long in the memories of the over 30's.

An amazing cast, coupled with a great story line makes this film a must see for all Amitabh Batchan fans.