Profile for Mr. Darren T. Lyons > Reviews

Content by Mr. Darren T. ...

Mr. Darren T. Lyons (Kent, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Domestic Perfetto 14 cm 6-Piece Cereal Bowl Set
Domestic Perfetto 14 cm 6-Piece Cereal Bowl Set

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and nasty!, 30 Jan. 2015
Very cheap and nasty feeling product - sent it staright back.

GILBERT Scotland International Replica Midi Rugby Ball , Midi - Scotland
GILBERT Scotland International Replica Midi Rugby Ball , Midi - Scotland
Offered by Wisdens Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality product, 30 Jan. 2015
Great product which two small boys have loved playing.

Domestic Perfetto 22 x 22 cm 2-Piece Bowl Set
Domestic Perfetto 22 x 22 cm 2-Piece Bowl Set

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality and overpriced., 30 Jan. 2015
Very disappointing quality - sent it staright back.Felt cheap and nasty.
Not something that I will buy online again as it's a product you need to touch and feel in a shop.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't get excited about a swithc spacer, but it did the job, 21 Nov. 2013
Couldn't be bothered chiselling out the walls to fit deeper than normal dimmer switches so searched for a while for the right spacer and these do the job.

What more can I say, they are single plate switch spacers and they space single plate switches. Job done!

Stans Notubes Tyre Sealant 32oz -
Stans Notubes Tyre Sealant 32oz -
Offered by bikewright

4.0 out of 5 stars It works simple as that, 21 Nov. 2013
Have been using Stans for a couple of years now and it works brilliantly until it dries up or you use a CO2 canister to inflate your tyres.

Not suffered a puncture at all in the whole time I've been using Stans so I'm a true convert.

Use plenty of washing up liquid painted around the rims when you seat the tyre on the rim. Use a track pump to pump up the tyre. Place the valve at the top and push down on the tyre whilst inflating. I have sealed my tyres this way first time every time.

Great product, wouldn't use anything else. One star lost due to the fact it dries up when its very cold.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should, no less, 21 Nov. 2013
Great price, perfectly compatible with the TZ40. The standard battery lasts a long time but these do last a goo deal longer. I just wish Panasonic would stop changing their batteries slightly every time they bring out a new model - very frustrating, but doesn't detract from this product - good gear at a good price.
Darren

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ40EB-R Compact Camera - Red (18.2MP, 20x Optical Zoom Leica DC Lens, Wi-Fi with NFC, Built in GPS, 24mm Wide Angle, 50P Full HD Video - AVCHD) 3 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb camera, a leap forward from the TZ20., 21 Nov. 2013
A couple of months into owning the TZ40, I am already very impressed and I haven't even been on holiday with it yet.

the new style panoramic setting is easier to get to than the old multi-click one. It encourages you to use it more than you would have done before.

I haven't really played with all the settings yet as the intelligent setting seems to have covered all my requirements up to now.

As you would expect from a Lumix, the quality is superb in both still and video mode. The gps function is quite cool when you view where you have taken your pics on a map too.

Once I have got to grips with the Wi-Fi features I will update the review, however up to now it is superb and I would highly receommend it - especially at the price it is being sold for.

Darren

Bipra 1TB 2.5 inch USB 2.0 FAT32 Portable Slim External Hard Drive for Windows and Mac - Black
Offered by Bipra Limited Number 1 Hard Drive Specialist

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathed new life into an old laptop, 23 Aug. 2012
I bought this hard drive as the drive in my Compaq Laptop had given up the ghost. I had it fitted in under a minute and booted the laptop up from the original installation discs. It worked perfectly.

The laptop now works considerably faster (probably because its a 7,200rpm disc rather than a 5,400) and it is noticably quieter.

I would call this a total result for not a lot of cash.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Contour mount I've been waiting for!, 15 Aug. 2012
At last a flexible contour mount that's not 5 times bigger than the camera. I use my Contour mainly on my mountian bike and have been using the handlebar mount up to now. This is a big monstrous thing, however it does work. Being so bulky it is difficult to mount anywhere other than on the handlbars.

With this new Flex Strap I can mount the camera at the bottom of my forks, top of the forks, on my down tube, seat post, rear stay etc for loads of different and interesting angles.

Its not a lot of kit for the money and i'm not sure how durable its going to be over time, however it is well designed and really is flexible and multi-purpose.

Expect more Youtube contributions from Dazanator now this is in the gadget bag.

Crank Brothers Candy 3 Bicycle Pedal - Red
Crank Brothers Candy 3 Bicycle Pedal - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool pedals at an amazing price, 15 Aug. 2012
What don't Amazon sell these days?

Its been a while now since I bought these pedals so probably a good time to review them.

Firstly I paid £55 for them here on Amazon and now they are £80 so thats a very hefty price increase. Having said that the Amazon price still seems to be lower than most other places. At £55 they were a bargain.

I've clocked up many miles with the Candy 3s and have had my fair share of comedy falls whilst getting used to clipping in. Being on the small side, they are a little difficult sometimes to locate accurately when starting off, but once you're in, they are very comfortable. There is a good degree of flex so you dont feel locked down completely, but there again you don't ever feel as though you are going to unclip unexpectedly. I have had the odd shin whack due to slipping off the pedal whilst trying to clip in in a hurry, but that's just life I reckon.

Getting out is quick and easy - when you remember. I have mine set up for the easiest exit angle and it works very well.

Whilst setting up I did experiment quite a bit as my foot position just felt quite wierd, however it is worth playing around with the cleat positions to get your foot position right, and now it feels totally comfortable and natural. When I do venture back onto flats I want to get right back onto clips again.

Regulalry maintained these pedals have given me faultless service depsite the relentlessly awful weather I seem to have been riding in forever.

Over all Highly receommended!

Page: 1 | 2