Profile for Lady V > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Fitbit Alta Fitness Tracker, Silver/Plum, Large
Fitbit Alta Fitness Tracker, Silver/Plum, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, good looking, accurate bit of kit!, 17 May 2016
I wanted to wait a while before writing this review, so I could be sure to have experienced all the highs and lows! Well, it's been a month now and I am addicted! This is my first FitBit, and I'm glad I waited as it's much better looking than its counterparts (in my opinion).
Fit - I have very skinny wrists, but the small size fits very well.
Accuracy - I'm amazed at how accurate this is, and how well it picks up when I'm on a long walk or out running. Doesn't record steps overnight as some have found, and the timing on the sleep logs is scarily accurate.

Charging - a full charge is lasting me about ten days and you get a good amount of warning before it completely dies (probably about a day of the scary exclamation mark!).

I find it incredibly motivating and am horrified at how 'lazy' I am on days in the office. I find myself parking further away so I can move more.

It looks good too; very light and discreet, doesn't bother me to wear it in bed etc. I accidentally wore it in the shower for five minutes last week, and it was unharmed, thank goodness.

All in all, a great piece of kit!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Waring WTK17BKU Traditional Black Kettle, 1.7 Litre, Black
Waring WTK17BKU Traditional Black Kettle, 1.7 Litre, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Slightly obsessed with new kettle..., 12 Dec. 2014
If it is possible to be a bit obsessed with a kettle, then I am with this one. Having done LOADS of research, I plumped for this one over a Dualit. It looks and feels like a quality item - good weight (not too heavy), sturdy, and the finish of the black is great - not 'flat' black. Boils quickly, switches off quickly, and doesn't seem overly noisy to me. Also, haven't suffered any steam injuries while pouring, and the spout is truly non-drip, so I don't have to take an ecloth to it every five seconds.
Very pleased with it, and managed to grab it when it was £40, so even more chuffed.

William Armes Wrought Iron Effect  Mat With Coir, 75 x 45cm
William Armes Wrought Iron Effect Mat With Coir, 75 x 45cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant value for a high quality mat, 17 July 2014
Really lovely mat, that looks way more expensive than it is. I don't have a problem with the size of the coir 'wiping' area, seems fine to me. Was nice and flat on delivery, and immediately made my front door look more appealing, which is a relief because the old mat was so shoddy. Noticed the label says 'use in sheltered areas' when ours is going to be in direct sun in the summer, so will expect a bit of fading. Really pleased.

PaperMate Flair Original Felt Tip Pen, Medium - Assorted Colours, Pack of 16
PaperMate Flair Original Felt Tip Pen, Medium - Assorted Colours, Pack of 16

4.0 out of 5 stars Great colours, no colour bleed, 7 Mar. 2014
Excellent pens fo rmarking up my diary and work notes; water based ink means the colour doesn't bleed through pages, and the range of shadesthough, is excellent, with some more unusual colours thrown into the mix. Slightly expensive, hence the loss of a star; I'd probably expect to see these for about £8.

The Garden of Evening Mists
The Garden of Evening Mists
by Tan Twan Eng

3.0 out of 5 stars Struggled with this one, 13 Jan. 2014
I desperately wanted to love this book, but it didn't quite hit the right note with me. With a mother from Malaysia, I am always drawn to stories that are based there or feature; however, in this book, I didn't get the sense of the Malaysia I know, and I found the story to be quite confusing and slow. Having read The Gift of Rain - which I loved - I was disappointed.

BaByliss Ponytailer Dark Brown
BaByliss Ponytailer Dark Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Great item, although a tiny bit short, 13 Jan. 2014
My hair always falls out of the pins when I try and create this effect myself, so I thought this would be the answer. It is, although I do have thick hair, which in turn produces a thicker ponytail than maybe some, which means the band struggles to meet unless I wind the hairband quite tight. All in all, quite pleased though.

Queen's Gambit
Queen's Gambit
by Elizabeth Fremantle

4.0 out of 5 stars A different slant on a well covered era, 13 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Queen's Gambit (Hardcover)
Despite not following history very much at school, I have a newfound love of all things Tudor which began with a love for Philippa Gregory's books. I read this one with geat expectation and wasn't disappointed. It was nice to read something so in depth about a queen that is rarely spoken of in such detail, and I also felt that a clearer picture of Henry VIII was portrayed here; I certainly came away with more of a sense of his 'Jekyll and Hyde' character than I have before. The story is one that I wasn't au fait with, and I truly admired Katherine for her strong beliefs and desire to spread the word. The character of Dot the maid is quite pivotal, and it was delighted when she finally got her happy ending. Would certainly recommend to anyone who has an interest in the period.

Brilliant B2B Digital Marketing
Brilliant B2B Digital Marketing

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for both newbies and experienced marketing folk, 28 Oct. 2013
Although I've been in marketing for a fair few years, there were certainly gaps in my knowledge relating to B2B digital marketing, as well as apprehensions about certain elements of it. This book has given me the confidence to go with some of my convictions and, most importantly, given me some excellent new channels and ideas to explore. It is written in an easily digestible way, which means I can easily refer to it in the future, in order to get the salient points at a glance. As in title, it is indeed 'brilliant'.

Invision® iPad 2 3 & 4 Smart Case Cover - Front and Back Protection With Magnetic Auto Wake/Sleep Function - Superior Design Features - Premium Quality PU Leather With Microfiber Inner Lining - Independently Recommended by "Which?" Magazine (iPad 2 3 4 Cover Green)
Offered by Invision Technology (UK) Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product for an excellent price, 23 April 2013
Just taken delivery of this cover for my iPad 2, and am delighted. Bought in the green colour, which is exactly as shown in the images, a lovely lime. Absolute doodle to put on the iPad, and is incredibly secure yet the small 'lips' that hold it in place at the corners mean that none of the screen is obstructed. All cut outs for USB and buttons are spot on and nicely finished. Using as a stand is also simple, with lots of variations in tilt available (had to refer to pics here to work some of them out!). All in all, a really well made and sturdy case for a fantastic price; I might even buy another in a different colour to suit my mood!!!

Monday to Friday Man
Monday to Friday Man

3.0 out of 5 stars Had to force myself to finish it...., 30 Aug. 2012
I'm all for chick lit, and like to read it inbetween 'heavier' books, but this one just didn't do it for me. The underlying story re: Megan seemed to bear little relevance to the overall plot, and we all knew from the outset that Jack was going to be bad news. I finished it, but only because I am a bit rubbish at giving up on books.

Page: 1 | 2