Profile for Misty Girl > Reviews

Content by Misty Girl

Misty Girl "Patience" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Kenwood Chef food mixer dust cover
Kenwood Chef food mixer dust cover
Offered by SussexSpares

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 31 Oct. 2014
Original manufacturer - feels a little thinner than the 'original' cover supplied with my old mixer over 30 years ago. Nevertheless it seems strong and it does look good as well as protecting the machine from dust etc.

The Shadow Of Medea (Luke Temple Series Book 1)
The Shadow Of Medea (Luke Temple Series Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, boring, boring!, 30 Oct. 2014
My advice is don't give up the day job! Even as a first novel this is poorly written and quite disorganised - there is also frequent poor use of language.
I see Flynn has written a follow up. I'll give it a try in the hope that the author has learned and can improve from his first novel but................I'm not confident it can be any better.

Chasing The Dawn (Luke Temple - Book 2) (Luke Temple Series)
Chasing The Dawn (Luke Temple - Book 2) (Luke Temple Series)

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely awful, 29 Oct. 2014
This book is full of poor grammar, spelling mistakes, incorrect use of words and ridiculous characters that just cannot be believed. Luke Temple is a complete idiot and his female 'companion' in this tale does a lot of screaming and screeching in fear (about very little) yet feels able to instruct the 'professional' Temple on what actions he should take to evade 'the enemy'.

Flynn's first Luke Temple book wasn't up to very much but this one is, I think, appalling. I've given up reading this book just over half way through and will not, ever, be reading any more books by this author unless he learns to use the English language properly!

Allcam USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive Enclosure for 2.5" Laptop SATA Hard Drives
Offered by eHome

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful quality, 1 April 2014
Total rubbish quality - fell apart and connector 'detached' the first time I tried to change the hard drive by removing one from this case.

Home Networking Simplified (Networking Technology)
Home Networking Simplified (Networking Technology)
by Jim Doherty

1.0 out of 5 stars A stunningly out-of-date book - Windows 98/Me/2000/XP only!, 27 Mar. 2014
I'm sorry I wasted my money.

Lovely coloured pictures, including photographs and drawings, throughout this book which is now so out of date it's unreal. Are there really still people around who need advice on buying a modem for their computer?

Thankfully, I only bought a 'USED' version costing me a bit under £6 including postage. I can return it for a refund but the postage would be as much as I would get back from the seller. The seller would then be able to re-sell it to another fool like me!
With that in mind, it's not even worth my while wrapping it up and taking it to the Post Office so it might as well just go straight into my recycling bin.

The problem with this type of purchase is that it costs you money and you have no way of recouping it. Thank goodness I didn't pay for the new book!

Hebron Camera Connection Kit | Card Reader for Apple iPad 3 iPad 2 iPad - Can Be Used with CF (Compact Flash) Cards - SUPPORTS iOS 6 & BELOW

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and nasty feel, 13 Mar. 2014
Whilst this product will let me transfer photos to my iPad, I'm always on edge wondering if any pins will Batak off and destroy an expensive cf card. This feels insecure in the iPad and, as my headline states, it feels cheap and nasty!

World of Data 5m WHITE CAT6 Network Cable - Premium Quality (100% Copper Wire) - RJ45 - Ethernet - Patch - LAN - 10/100/1000 - Gigabit
Offered by World of Data Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars A cable is a cable, 3 Mar. 2014
It's a cable that is covered with plastic and has a connector at each end so that you can plug it in. What more can I say? Maybe if I was more electronically literate I'd have a better idea of how to tell people what's important.

Regatta Men's Lined Action Trousers (34Wx33L, Black)
Regatta Men's Lined Action Trousers (34Wx33L, Black)
Offered by Universal Textiles & Footwear

3.0 out of 5 stars Good trousers a bit low on the back, 3 Mar. 2014
Given the fitting choices this was the closest option - I'd add that I'd prefer the height of the back of these trousers to be higher. I'd also prefer it if Regatta produced more of this design instead of the new design they've moved to with fewer pockets.

Maglite Boxed Mini Mag AA Torch - Silver
Maglite Boxed Mini Mag AA Torch - Silver
Offered by The Pen Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent torch, 3 Mar. 2014
These small maglites provide excellent lighting in a virtually indestructible body. I find this a handy pocket-sized torch but you can also buy an excellent leather holder for fixing to your belt.

Western Digital 2.5 Inch My Passport Neoprene Case Black
Western Digital 2.5 Inch My Passport Neoprene Case Black
Offered by LAGE UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Little protection, 3 Mar. 2014
This case is really a small zipped 'bag' rather than a 'case'. There is no spare room in it - the cable squeeze into an internal pocket with only a thin layer between the sharp metal ends and the hard drive. The soft walls of the case give little real protection and if dropped from even a moderate height, I doubt if the drive would escape undamaged. I won't be buying any more - I'll return to buying the cases with more reinforced walls which do survive falls without allowing damage.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8