Profile for Misty Girl > Reviews

Content by Misty Girl

Misty Girl "Patience" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Inateck 2.5 Inch USB 3.0 Hard Drive Disk HDD External Enclosure Case with USB 3.0 Cable for 9.5mm 7mm 2.5" SATA HDD and SSD, Tool-free, Optimized For SSD, Support UASP SATA III
Offered by Inateck

1.0 out of 5 stars Connectors faulty - on four units!, 15 April 2015
Actually, this is an excellent unit when supplied with a working cable. I bought one over a year ago and it's still going well but having just bought four more (two then another two to replace problematic first pair) I am so disappointed.

None of the four cables worked properly - tested against five different laptops each with four USB ports including one just a few months old. Would only work if the connector was pushed only part way in or pushed in then pulled back a little. Then there was the risk of accidental disconnection if the cable was jogged.

Sending all four back and having to buy a less good product from somewhere else but at least these others have reliable connectors. I really only wanted to get working cables but apparently I can only send complete units back.

Maybe the seller can sort something out to get this back to what it was! Until the, I'm afraid I can only give a maximum of one star.
Comment Comments (15) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 27, 2015 3:19 AM BST

Bleeding Hearts
Bleeding Hearts

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 21 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Bleeding Hearts (Kindle Edition)
I found this to be slow and quite disjointed and rambling in parts. A very odd and unsatisfying end that seems a convenience through boredom rather than interesting by design. Nothing like Rankin's best - if this was the first book of his that I'd tried I would probably not try any more.

Bullseye (Will Robie)
Bullseye (Will Robie)

1.0 out of 5 stars Substandard and rip-off, 10 Nov. 2014
This is an increasing and undesirable development with several well known authors - e.g. Baldacci, Child, Leather - who can write excellent full length books, resorting to filling a few pages with rubbish as a 'short story' (or in this case a 'novella' - how pretentious). They then charge a disproportionate amount for this rubbish.
Are these guys so desperate for the money that they are prepared to treat their readers so contemptuously? Clearly they are! Consequently I will stop buying any more of their books and move to other authors.

Kenwood Chef food mixer dust cover
Kenwood Chef food mixer dust cover
Offered by SussexSpares

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 31 Oct. 2014
Original manufacturer - feels a little thinner than the 'original' cover supplied with my old mixer over 30 years ago. Nevertheless it seems strong and it does look good as well as protecting the machine from dust etc.

The Shadow Of Medea (Luke Temple Series Book 1)
The Shadow Of Medea (Luke Temple Series Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, boring, boring!, 30 Oct. 2014
My advice is don't give up the day job! Even as a first novel this is poorly written and quite disorganised - there is also frequent poor use of language.
I see Flynn has written a follow up. I'll give it a try in the hope that the author has learned and can improve from his first novel but................I'm not confident it can be any better.

Chasing The Dawn (Luke Temple - Book 2) (Luke Temple Series)
Chasing The Dawn (Luke Temple - Book 2) (Luke Temple Series)

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely awful, 29 Oct. 2014
This book is full of poor grammar, spelling mistakes, incorrect use of words and ridiculous characters that just cannot be believed. Luke Temple is a complete idiot and his female 'companion' in this tale does a lot of screaming and screeching in fear (about very little) yet feels able to instruct the 'professional' Temple on what actions he should take to evade 'the enemy'.

Flynn's first Luke Temple book wasn't up to very much but this one is, I think, appalling. I've given up reading this book just over half way through and will not, ever, be reading any more books by this author unless he learns to use the English language properly!

Allcam USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive Enclosure for 2.5" Laptop SATA Hard Drives
Offered by eHome

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful quality, 1 April 2014
Total rubbish quality - fell apart and connector 'detached' the first time I tried to change the hard drive by removing one from this case.

Home Networking Simplified (Networking Technology)
Home Networking Simplified (Networking Technology)
by Jim Doherty

1.0 out of 5 stars A stunningly out-of-date book - Windows 98/Me/2000/XP only!, 27 Mar. 2014
I'm sorry I wasted my money.

Lovely coloured pictures, including photographs and drawings, throughout this book which is now so out of date it's unreal. Are there really still people around who need advice on buying a modem for their computer?

Thankfully, I only bought a 'USED' version costing me a bit under £6 including postage. I can return it for a refund but the postage would be as much as I would get back from the seller. The seller would then be able to re-sell it to another fool like me!
With that in mind, it's not even worth my while wrapping it up and taking it to the Post Office so it might as well just go straight into my recycling bin.

The problem with this type of purchase is that it costs you money and you have no way of recouping it. Thank goodness I didn't pay for the new book!

Hebron Camera Connection Kit | Card Reader for Apple iPad 3 iPad 2 iPad - Can Be Used with CF (Compact Flash) Cards - SUPPORTS iOS 6 & BELOW

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and nasty feel, 13 Mar. 2014
Whilst this product will let me transfer photos to my iPad, I'm always on edge wondering if any pins will Batak off and destroy an expensive cf card. This feels insecure in the iPad and, as my headline states, it feels cheap and nasty!

World of Data 5m WHITE CAT6 Network Cable - Premium Quality (100% Copper Wire) - RJ45 - Ethernet - Patch - LAN - 10/100/1000 - Gigabit
Offered by World of Data Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars A cable is a cable, 3 Mar. 2014
It's a cable that is covered with plastic and has a connector at each end so that you can plug it in. What more can I say? Maybe if I was more electronically literate I'd have a better idea of how to tell people what's important.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7