Profile for Kathleen > Reviews

Content by Kathleen

Kathleen

The Wizard of Oz (Penguin Classics Deluxe Edition) (Penguin Threads)
The Wizard of Oz (Penguin Classics Deluxe Edition) (Penguin Threads)
by L. Frank Baum

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 21 Mar 2014
The cover of the book is lovely and I expected the contents to be colourful and suitable for children or for browsing.
Not so! There are no pictures inside, the text is small and the book is not at all appealing or enticing to read beyond the cover. There are so many lovely editions of the Wizard of Oz with pictures of the scarecrow, the tin soldier etc which any person, young or old can delight in, but certainly not with this one. To be labelled "deluxe" edition is very misleading and disappointing. I am extremely pleased that I did not succumb to purchasing the other classics in this series!

Downton Abbey: The London Season (Christmas Special 2013) [DVD]
Downton Abbey: The London Season (Christmas Special 2013) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hugh Bonneville

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Viewing, 5 Mar 2014
Downton Abbey has been such a wonderful series to follow. I thoroughly enjoyed the episode and just wish it could have gone on for longer

The Deadly Sins of Aristotle Onassis
The Deadly Sins of Aristotle Onassis
by Stuart M. Speiser

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 5 Mar 2014
The book arrive promptly and was well-packaged. I have given it as a gift but I am hoping to read it later. I read Greek Fire and Nemesis which were riveting, especially with regard to Jackie Kennedy's relationship with her brother-in-law, Bobby Kennedy. Hopefully the veracity of this will be addressed in this book.

Michael Kors Jet Set Ladies Watch MK5165
Michael Kors Jet Set Ladies Watch MK5165
Offered by Meer Zeit

3.0 out of 5 stars Big, bigger, biggest!, 5 Mar 2014
I like the watch but have not worn it----will probably give it away as a gift. The watch is far bigger than I anticipated and is also very heavy. I like a large watch but this one is ginormous!

Blissful Beginnings: Embroidered Blankets to Cherish (Embroidery)
Blissful Beginnings: Embroidered Blankets to Cherish (Embroidery)
by Bolsover

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, 27 Oct 2013
The book is very similar to other Country Bumpkin publications with beautiful photography and good instructions. I bought this as a gift for a friend who has a new grandchild and she is absolutely thrilled with it

The Tiger Ladies: A Memoir of Kashmir
The Tiger Ladies: A Memoir of Kashmir
by Sudha Koul

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and efficient service, 27 Oct 2013
The book arrived quickly and is in very good condition. I bought it for a friend who is absolutely delighted with it.

Swatch Ladies Panna Montata Cream Dial White Strap Watch
Swatch Ladies Panna Montata Cream Dial White Strap Watch
Offered by S3WATCH AG

2.0 out of 5 stars Attractive watch, rubbish strap., 23 May 2013
My son gave this watch to me for Christmas 2012. I loved it, especially since he had chosen it for me. Within a few weeks, the strap had discoloured very badly and was no longer white. I certainly did not wear the watch every day not did I bath or shower with it on. A few weeks ago someone caught up with me at the airport---my watch had fallen off without me even noticing it---the strap had broken at the place where it attaches to the watch. It lasted less than 6 months. This is certainly NOT the quality one expects from Swatch! When Swatches first came out, they were study, fun, cheap and virtually indestructible. They are now quite expensive and do not last. Does the "limited warranty" also apply to the straps? I doubt it! Swatch needs to improve their quality if they want to stay in the market.

The original Japanese mandolin slicer with safety guard
The original Japanese mandolin slicer with safety guard
Offered by EasihomeCookshop

4.0 out of 5 stars Mandolin slicer, 17 Jan 2013
Excellent kitchen tool for making a potato bake, cucumber sandwiches, salads. Sharp and compact. Have bought one as a gift for my daughter and myself