Profile for LISA ROSSETTI > Reviews

Content by LISA ROSSETTI

LISA ROSSETTI

The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike Book 2)
The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing plot, a very enjoyable read with skilfully created ..., 2 Aug. 2014
Intriguing plot, a very enjoyable read with skilfully created characters. Hope to keep company with the redoutable Cormoran Strike again soon!

Risking Everything: 110 Poems of Love and Revelation
Risking Everything: 110 Poems of Love and Revelation
by Roger Housden

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Jun. 2014
Wonderful inspiring book which I will be using in my poetry therapy work.

The Dissident Diet: the healthy ketogenic diet
The Dissident Diet: the healthy ketogenic diet

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensible Advice At Last, 6 April 2014
Losing weight has been problematic for me; none of the dietary rules that others follow ever seem to work for me. This book explains why and offers a simple approach to resolving my conundrum. Excellent advice for those with "not normal" metabolisms; and anyone else looking for a no-nonsense scientifically backed way of eating for life. If you are fed up with being told that your weight problems are due to bingeing when you know it is not true, you will find support and encouragement from a highly qualified nutritionist in this book.

Full Spectrum Supervision
Full Spectrum Supervision
by Edna Murdoch

4.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable Companion for Coaching Supervisors, 21 Mar. 2014
I found this publication to be a treasure trove of practical models, tools and refreshing theoretical approaches. A recommended buy!

Melissa & Doug Kitchen Furniture
Melissa & Doug Kitchen Furniture

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Gift, 12 Jan. 2014
Beautifully made with lovely detail, perfect for our granddaughter's new doll's house. We wanted something that would be well made and in scale, something that she would play with and treasure.

The Suspicions of Mr Whicher: or The Murder at Road Hill House
The Suspicions of Mr Whicher: or The Murder at Road Hill House

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 17 Oct. 2013
Truth is indeed stranger than Fiction; I was gripped by this explorative retelling of real life crime. Kate Summerscale has meticulously researched the circumstances surrounding the case but what sets this book apart from a dry factual account is her ability to pro e human feeling and psychology. Her use cultural context and a vivid sense place enables the reader to connect with the historical past in a really powerful way. I am a convert to "Faction"!

Trick Is To Keep Breathing
Trick Is To Keep Breathing

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it'd own!, 13 Jun. 2013
This book was recommended by BBC's "Open Book". I'd never heard of Janice Galloway before and I'm glad I've found her writings. I work with stories and expressive writing in mental health and Social Care, so I was intrigued by the idea of writing sboit mental ill health. The author writes with searing honesty, extraordinary powers of observation and manages to describe uncomfortable and chaotic states of mind in a way that utterly engages. A fascinating, sometimes grimly painful, yet compassionate book. I bought her two biographies as well, also couldn't put them down.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 23, 2014 3:20 PM BST