Profile for Nancy Ng > Reviews

Harman/Kardon Soundsticks III 2.1 Channel Multimedia Sound System
Offered by home AV direct
Price: 99.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great choice at a great price, 22 Nov 2010
I was thinking whether to get the Companion 5 from Bose or this. After reading the reviews online, I finally went for this as it is about 200 cheaper. I got it today and I must say it's GREAT!!!

I am amazed by the quality of the sound output and how clear it is. It is also easy to set up and I did it in about 15 minutes including removing the old system and packaging. As it says, just plug everything as it tells you so and it will light up!

I still need to get the right balance of bass and volumn level but I am really pleased that I have saved 200 and got this!

Viceroy Double bed size 3" inch (7.5cm) Memory Foam Mattress Topper With Open Cell Construction with a PAIR OF TRADITIONAL MEMORY FOAM PILLOWS

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 22 Nov 2010
Got this about a month ago and it has never fully regained its shape. It's about 2 inches thick rather than the advertised 3 inches.

Spore (Mac/PC DVD)
Spore (Mac/PC DVD)
Offered by Game Trade Online
Price: 12.90

1.0 out of 5 stars What's the point of this game?, 22 Aug 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Spore (Mac/PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I can't see any after completing all 5 stages so I will uninstall it.

I am a fan of city building games but this one has really disappointed me. There is no meaning in it at all as the idea of gameplay is just so simple that it feels like patronising. The only goal in this game is to attach more silly horns and eyes onto your body and CONSTANTLY clicking between planets to sell your silly spice.

It can't even compare to the first generation of strategic games.

The Dance of 17 Lives: The Incredible True Story of Tibet's 17th Karmapa
The Dance of 17 Lives: The Incredible True Story of Tibet's 17th Karmapa
by Mick Brown
Price: 11.33

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it a lot, 25 July 2009
I didn't expect this to be so engaging after reading the reviews. Then once I started, I couldn't put it down until I finished the whole book.

This is a must have for anyone who is interested in getting some facts and insights about the Karmapa Controversy before making your own judgement. This book simply lays out the facts and opinions of others (quoted with names) that the author has found through interviews with people. It is up to the readers to make their own judgement.

This book has cleared away the final doubts and confusion I had since I first read about the controversy. Now I am free and happy. :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2014 12:05 AM BST