Profile for M Ryder-Jones > Reviews

Content by M Ryder-Jones

M Ryder-Jones (West Sussex)

Page: 1 | 2
Sony Mid-Range In-Ear Headphones with Deep Bass for iPod, iPhone, MP3 and Smartphone - White
Offered by GIL ENTERPRISE
Price: 13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Rich, well balanced sound, 23 April 2014
Bought these to replace some Nocs at seven times the price, that sounded disappointingly tinny. The sound is great on these Sony headphones, bass and treble in balance, sounds like the artist is playing in the same room. Comfortable to use. Build quality is satisfactory. Great buy for the price.

Nocs NS400-101 Earphones with Microphone and Remote Control Aluminium Black
Nocs NS400-101 Earphones with Microphone and Remote Control Aluminium Black
Price: 54.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Better for speech than music, 22 April 2014
No real bass - a rather tinny sound that would be fine for a telephone call but not what I was looking for in music. Build quality seems fine

Dickies Portland Padded Shirt Fleece Workwear (SH5000) WARM PADDED LINED GREEN & NAVY BLUE SIZES S, M,L,XL,XXL
Price: 20.46 - 54.27

3.0 out of 5 stars Good shirt let down by weak popstuds, 3 Feb 2014
Frustrating because the shirt is good quality apart from the popstuds. The two on the cuffs were so weak, they came open just be brushing my little finger against them. Impractical. I've ended up supergluing them which solves the problem but is less than satisfactory.

HSINI Original 8 x Universal Capacitive Stylus Pen for ipad 1 & 2, iPhone 4, HTC, Tablet pc, Asus Tablets, Advent, Samsung Galaxy, Mobile Phones, PC, Blackberry Playbook & Phones, Android and all other Capacitive Screens Devices - Universal Stylus Touchscreen pen - Assorted Colours
Price: 7.42

Salter Best of British Union Jack Electronic Glass Timer
Salter Best of British Union Jack Electronic Glass Timer
Offered by Perfumes4uu
Price: 8.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Buttons susceptible to failure, 3 Mar 2013
I've had good Salter products but this isn't one of them. The buttons on this are not the traditional click-buttons, but the iphone type where you just touch the glass. No problem in theory but on my timer, the hour and stop buttons worked only intermittently. The others sometimes had to be tapped several times to get them to work. I've returned the timer for a refund.

May be I was unlucky, but I would still have concerns about longevity. If you do decide to buy, it's worth bearing in mind that the timer is quite big (10 cms x 8 cms), and being glass, it's also quite heavy.

Code Red base Metal Gold Plated, Genuine Onyx Round Cufflinks
Code Red base Metal Gold Plated, Genuine Onyx Round Cufflinks
Price: 8.93

2.0 out of 5 stars Variable colour, 1 Feb 2013
I've marked this as 2, not because of the poor quality of the cufflinks, which looked reasonable, but because the Amazon photograph showed dark blue cufflinks, yet what I received were black cufflinks. If colour doesn't matter to you, then this product is a reasonable buy. Colour mattered to me and I returned them.

Stellar Premium Potato Masher stainless Steel
Stellar Premium Potato Masher stainless Steel
Offered by Emporium Cookshop & Homewares
Price: 9.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad handle design, 18 Oct 2012
As said by another reviewer, the end of the handle has been designed like a chisel so if you're the type that leans over the potatoes and pushes your palm on the end of the handle for power (as I am), you're going to end up with a really sore palm (as I did). Crazy not to have a blunt end to push against.

Quorum Eau de Toilette Spray 100 ml
Quorum Eau de Toilette Spray 100 ml
Offered by UK Fragrance Deals
Price: 8.94

1.0 out of 5 stars Strong and perfumed, 13 Sep 2012
As a user of Agua Brava, I bought this by the same maker in hope. However, in my view it's a very feminine scent, which may suit some but not me. I like the wood and spice on lavender in the Agua Brava and I'll be sticking to it in future.

5 x Hexagon Car or Bike Dust/ Valve Caps - Black Metal
5 x Hexagon Car or Bike Dust/ Valve Caps - Black Metal
Offered by GurdenZ
Price: 1.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning, 9 May 2012
These seized on all four of my valves after a couple of weeks. I had to drill them off with consequent damage to valve thread. In my view, these are not of merchantable quality and Amazon should not be selling them

Black Hexagonal Valve Dust Caps set of 5
Black Hexagonal Valve Dust Caps set of 5
Offered by DStubbs Sales
Price: 3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING!, 7 May 2012
I bought these for my Mercedes CLK (Pirelli tyres front, Dunlop rear). Put them on finger tight, as I have done with all my dustcaps over the last 40 years driving. A month later, the car went in for service, and I had to a call from Mercedes to say that ALL FOUR of these dustcaps had seized and the garage were unable to get them off. I needed to replace the tyres on the back wheel anyway, so that problem resolved itself. But the garage returned my car with the dustcaps stuck absolutely tight to the front tyres. I had to drill them off, with some consequent damage to the thread on the tyre valve. So take care if you buy these...I cannot recommend them.

Page: 1 | 2