Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Colin" (UK)

Fiskars Functional Form 857104 Tomato Knife 17 cm
Fiskars Functional Form 857104 Tomato Knife 17 cm
Price: 16.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for any fruit, 6 July 2014
I bought this knife after doing a short class on knife skills at a local cookery school. I'd seen the usual narrow, flexible tomato knife but never this one. Now I've got it, I'm using it all the time. It's brilliant for tomatoes, oranges, cucumbers - any fruit that could bruise or that would otherwise need a very sharp cook's knife to cut easily. Lemon or lime wedges for a G&T? Perfect.
I particularly like the slightly longer blade on this one compared to other tomato/fruit knives on Amazon; brilliant for larger oranges.

Nocs NS800 Stainless Earphones with Remote and Mic (Balanced Armature) - Black
Nocs NS800 Stainless Earphones with Remote and Mic (Balanced Armature) - Black
Price: 113.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Great earphones, probably worth the money, 31 Mar 2014
I've owned these for a few weeks now and I'm very impressed with their weight (light but feel very premium), audio quality (just right for me, but less bassy than some of the 'headline big-bass' earphones) and ear-fit.

On weight, the cable is light and doesn't drag too much on clothing for me. The ear pieces themselves feel very high quality - I love their solidity.

The ear-fit is brilliant - the medium-size silicones fit me perfectly and have never fallen out. I previously owned some Klipsch S4i earphones and was forever pushing them back into my ear - none of that here.

One slight down side for me is that the cables could be slightly more 'tangle-free' - they do tend to tangle more than other headphones I've had, although they don't get into tight knots light some of the cheaper ones. However, given that the cables are light, don't rub too much and are quite flexible so they don't cause the earpieces to pop out of your ears when you thread them under clothes, then I'm happy.

Cable Matters High Speed Micro HDMI Cable with Ethernet 5 Metres - 3D and 4K Resolution Ready
Offered by Cable Matters
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality and great price, 20 Sep 2012
I've been looking for a long micro-HDMI to HDMI cable for ages and most of them are only 3 metres at the most. Then I found this and was sceptical at first given the price, but I was mistaken - quality is great, works absolutely fine with my BlackBerry PlayBook. At this price, it's brilliant value for money.

Komputerbay 64GB SDXC Secure Digital Extended Capacity Speed Class 10 Flash Memory Card 15MB/s Write 20MB/s Read 64 GB

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, good price, fast service, 1 Mar 2012
Arrived quickly as usual with Amazon, this product does exactly what it says - I haven't experienced the problems recent reviewers have mentioned; I've been using this card almost daily and it's been solid. No complaints.

New Boy
New Boy
by William Sutcliffe
Price: 6.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Occasionally funny, but deeply unsatisfying, 1 Sep 2001
This review is from: New Boy (Paperback)
There are a few funny points in this book, and the beginning flows very well, but from the middle onwards it seems to lose fluidity and humour. Many chapters seem really pointless and just aren't interesting. And as for the ending - I found it so rushed, weak, unsatisfying and annoying that I threw the book across the room. At least it provoked some sort of emotional response, I suppose.

Introductory Astronomy and Astrophysics (Saunders Golden Sunburst Series)
Introductory Astronomy and Astrophysics (Saunders Golden Sunburst Series)
by Stephen A. Gregory
Price: 69.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good undergraduate text, 29 May 2001
This was the recommended text some of the lecture courses in my Physics with Astronomy degree, and I have to say that I've returned to it time and time again.
Everything is explained clearly and all of the background knowledge you need to tackle a problem is given. It can be a bit daunting to a first-year undergraduate, although it will prove invaluable in second and third year - but in saying that, some more advanced concepts are not always developed as fully as you would expect.
All in all though - an excellent book, and a great complement to Carroll & Ostlie or Binney & Merrifield for more advanced stuff.