Profile for Robert WD > Reviews

Content by Robert WD

Robert WD "robied"

Annihilation (Star Force Series Book 7)
Annihilation (Star Force Series Book 7)
Price: 3.63

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the normal hero, 3 Mar 2013
The book is a good read, as are the others in the series.

The main character is a champion of the biotic species who doesn't mind getting his hands dirty in the fight against the machines.

The statistics are more realistic than most for a war on such a global scale, it leaves you thinking is the cost of victory to high of a price to pay.

There are always updates to the technology and style of fighting so that the reader doesn't get bored with the same battle scenario again and again.

Overall I'm looking forward to the next in the series, hopefully it will be up to standard.

On Silver Wings
On Silver Wings
Price: 1.83

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 8 Aug 2012
This review is from: On Silver Wings (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book an have continue to read the next in the series.

This in some ways shows a more realistic development of the earth and in others is bit far fetched. The space programme is how I imagined things would develop in their "infancy" but some of the things the main character is able to do in her body armour seem to be a bit super human.

Overall I would recommend this as an interesting read but not one of the great space dramas.

Ep.#4 - "Freedom's Dawn" (The Frontiers Saga)
Ep.#4 - "Freedom's Dawn" (The Frontiers Saga)
Price: 1.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 8 Aug 2012
This book continues an interesting series, I maniged to plow through this book in two days as I found it easy to read and fun. although there was not as much story development as in the first three books you start to get a better feel for the characters in this release.

I am eagerly awaiting the next book in the series, I hope I don't hvae to wait to long as the books are quite short so I like to think they are able to churn them out a bit quicker than others.

Pawn Of Prophecy: Book One Of The Belgariad (The Belgariad (TW))
Pawn Of Prophecy: Book One Of The Belgariad (The Belgariad (TW))
by David Eddings

5.0 out of 5 stars A great start to a great set of books, 29 Sep 2003
I was hooked to this book the moment i picked it up and advise anyone who enjoys fantasy books to get a copy as you wont be disapointed.
I loved this book and have begun to read all the other books from the belgarion series.
The only problem with the series so far is its similarity to lord of the rings but david eddings has definitly created a fantastic and thrilling new series.