Profile for Scooby > Reviews

Scooby "A. Shadbolt"

10,000 Reasons
10,000 Reasons

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: 10,000 Reasons (Audio CD)
I bought this for my hubby a while ago. We have it loaded on iTunes but my hubby's had it in the car since the day he got it. Brilliant songs! We love Matt Redman and have almost all his albums!

Everyday Life Bible Bold
Everyday Life Bible Bold
by Joyce Meyer
Edition: Leather Bound

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite bibles, 15 Jan 2014
This is an Amplified Version study bible and is definitely one of the best bibles around. I've been a believer for about 32 years now and have used many bibles and different versions over the years, but this is still one of favourite bibles. I love Joyce Meyers' articles and comments within, which always speak to me personally, as well as the funky pink leather look (although the silver wording has worn out quite a bit through wear). I think so highly of this bible that I have given 6x of these (in different colours) to friends and family! If you don't like pink, you can have your pick from silver, brown or green leather or hardback!

Firm Foundation
Firm Foundation
Offered by FastMedia "Ships From USA"

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant worship CD - but out of production now, 27 Mar 2013
This review is from: Firm Foundation (Audio CD)
Beautiful worship songs. They don't really make music like this anymore...

This was a replacement CD after I lent a number of my original Hosanna worship CDs to some friend(s) and never got them back. This 1994 CD, like some of those that I had lost, wasn't even on my current iTunes because my original iTunes library had been irretrievably lost a long time ago.

Many of the old Hosanna worship CDs, like this one, are now out of production, so you can't just buy them anywhere. They are not available on iTunes UK and you can't buy them off iTunes USA if you are a UK resident. A real catch-22! I have been touch with Hosanna (or their equivalent replacement) in both UK and US as well as iTunes UK and US, with no joy anywhere.

Was very glad when this item turned up. It's second-hand but the sound is still good. Am still trying to find replacement for the other lost old Hosanna CDs.

Sony LCS-CSU Soft Carrying Case Black
Sony LCS-CSU Soft Carrying Case Black
Offered by K.K. Electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Product but Beware of Strap Friction, 27 Mar 2013
Brilliant for carrying my latest Sony camera around. Ample room for extra batteries etc with the 2 extra pockets. You have different options for ways to carry/wear this. I bought this item again after my Sony camera together with its case (this same product) were stolen.

Just beware of the long strap rubbing against your clothes for extended periods. May cause friction that could ruin certain types of material when worn extensively.

Tip: Don't wear your nicest coats or delicate fabrics when using the long strap for carrying the camera!

OtterBox Defender Series Three-Layer Protection Case Cover with Screen Protector and Holster Style Swivel Belt Clip for iPhone 4/4S - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware Counterfeit Product, 27 Mar 2013
I bought the original Otterbox Defender for iPhone 4S in Nov-Dec 2011 from Amazon Marketplace. Great for protecting my iPhone from numerous knocks and drops but the silicone layer became loose after a while. Still brilliant tank-like protection but rather unsightly now, especially after losing the bits covering the middle button and the charging section.

Not easy to find a replacement for iPhone 4S now that iPhone 5 is out. Finally bought a replacement from Amazon (fulfilled by Amazon) in March 2013 for £17 because it was the only one listed and available at the time. Unfortunately, the new item looked rather different from my original and seemed an inferior product. It failed all the online authenticity checks I found - e.g. see [...]. When I had no reply from my web message to Otterbox (re. possible counterfeit), I finally called up Otterbox US office which verified that my new item is a fake. (Was on hold for 8 mins before anyone took my call.)

Reasons for my initial suspicions that the new item may not genuine:

1) The box (which looks quite genuine) states "iPhone 4 & 4S" and "Assembled in China".
2) The barcode does not work.
3) There is a cheap and tacky photo of an iPhone with the words "4G / 4GS" in the case.
4) The silicone layer feels floppy, thin and the back is rather smooth, compared to my original item which certainly feels more substantial and firmer.
5) The inside of the silicone layer and the rigid plastic section state: "Made in China".
6) The back of the rigid plastic inner section is covered with black felt, instead of the usual grey foam.
7) There is a peel-out film on the supposedly scratch-proof screen.

Apparently there are a lot of counterfeit Otterbox Defender cases about. You get what you pay for. (Incidentally, I've noticed that Amazon now lists their own item for £24.95 - perhaps this MIGHT BE the real thing? But DO YOUR OWN CHECKS!!!)

I have now requested for a refund from Amazon and told them that they should really check before selling counterfeit products to unsuspecting customers. The only reason that I knew the new replacement is not kosher is because I have the original product to compare it with. I am now returning the counterfeit product to Amazon.

On a happy note: Otterbox very kindly offered to send me a replacement silicone layer after I submitted evidence of my genuine but defective product, despite it being slightly outside warranty period.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product - but take care during your installation, 14 Dec 2011
This is my first screen protector for my first iPhone (4S). I was initially a bit concerned because the packaging that came in the post looked different from what I had seen online so far. My first installation attempt had only 1 small air bubble. Much better than some of the others I'd seen on other iPhones. Unfortunately there was a tiny bit of fluff that got in under the screen during the installation, so I had to reinstall it. This was very difficult to do since I'd already removed both the top and bottom plastic covers by then. It took 2 pairs of hands to put it on the second time! There were also a few more air bubbles compared to my first attempt although I managed to get rid of all but one air bubble which is towards the side. However it doesn't really matter as it's covered by my Otterbox Defender case (another great product). The back was easier to do since I'd learned my lesson by then.
Overall, I'm very pleased with the Expert Shield screen protectors. Just make sure that you put it on right the first time and check that you're totally happy with the installation before removing the second plastic cover.