Profile for William W. Mittler > Reviews

Content by William W. Mittler

William W. Mittler (CA, USA)

Morecambe And Wise - Two Of A Kind - Series 1 - Complete [DVD] [1962]
Morecambe And Wise - Two Of A Kind - Series 1 - Complete [DVD] [1962]
Dvd ~ Eric Morecambe
Price: 10.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 14 Oct 2011
Great, watched the first episode already, and lol. very funny, I want more!!! Don't be afraid of the 60's. This is just as strong as the 70's. Dances an added bonus.

Eric Morecambe & Ernie Wise Movie Collection [DVD] [1965]
Eric Morecambe & Ernie Wise Movie Collection [DVD] [1965]
Dvd ~ Isobel Black
Offered by ajdiscs
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars What? The Magnificent Two rocks, 5 May 2009
Maybe it's because I am from the US, but i found the m2 the best of the three. Predated woody allen's bannanas, but covers all the same ground. I laughed out loud, and it moves fast. Best opening, and realistic violence that allows the comedy to be a little hard edged. I enjoy the tv show, but I wish they had kept on making movies as well.

Riviera Touch, seems slow to me, and very little room for comedy, And It men has some very funny bits. I don't think you need to wrap your mind around a previous time, You just have to enjoy.

All three are worth it, wish there was more.

Morecambe And Wise: Night Train To Murder [DVD]
Morecambe And Wise: Night Train To Murder [DVD]
Dvd ~ Eric Morecambe
Offered by Jasuli
Price: 14.95

4.0 out of 5 stars not all bad, 5 May 2009
Well, I have just come to discover Morecambe and Wise, but I must say I enjoyed the movie, it is of course too short,(just 70 min) nor as great as two of the sixties movies, but is on par with That Riviera Touch. A very funny bit on stage, and a couple of very funny moments. Age does not show, but the material is weak. Glad I watched it, and sorry it was over. On a plus side series five came out today, keep them coming!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 25, 2010 8:15 PM BST