Profile for Jennifer Grant > Reviews

Jennifer Grant

The Shaman in Stilettos
The Shaman in Stilettos

4.0 out of 5 stars it was a good read, 28 Jan. 2013
While sometimes it seems a little far out, it flowed along and I appreciated the author's candour which made the experience more human. I definitely wanted to find out what happened even though part of me went - surely this is fiction not non-fiction; but they do say that often life is stranger than stories.

Bodum Bistro Knife Block - Red
Bodum Bistro Knife Block - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic and a space saver, 28 Jan. 2013
I got this as my knives were getting damaged in the drawer. I love this product as it fits all my knives and yet does not take up a huge footprint on the counter, like other knife blocks do. It also works in protecting my knives.

Viking Gold
Viking Gold

4.0 out of 5 stars easy to read, 28 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Viking Gold (Kindle Edition)
I found this book easy to read and it flowed along at a reasonable pace. It gets 4 stars as I didn't feel compelled to finish it the moment I picked it up but it was a well held together story that held its own and I would read more like it anytime.

The Prosperous Heart: Creating a Life of 'Enough'
The Prosperous Heart: Creating a Life of 'Enough'

5.0 out of 5 stars changed how I thought, 28 Jan. 2013
THis book doesn't magically offer more money, what it does is get you to re-think what is important and what your spending habits are supporting. It made me realise that one latte a day added up and I could spend that money else where, if I chose to. My spending is now more mindful but doesn't feel like I am depriving myself whereas other books on saving did definitely induce that feeling.

Switch: How to change things when change is hard
Switch: How to change things when change is hard

5.0 out of 5 stars change, 28 Jan. 2013
While i havent finished this book yet, the ideas presented together with the back up of science experiments has helped already. I found the metaphors easy to relate to and therefore remember and it also helped me organise myself so that I achieved change more effectively and with less stress.

Your Heart's Desire: Instructions for Creating the Life You Really Want
Your Heart's Desire: Instructions for Creating the Life You Really Want

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to follow, 28 Jan. 2013
I am a fan of Sonia's writing as it seems down to earth within the sixth sense dimension whereas often the writing on this topic seems to be fluffy. Here the approach seems sensible and builds up gradually.

One-Minute Mystic
One-Minute Mystic

5.0 out of 5 stars quick inspiration, 28 Jan. 2013
This review is from: One-Minute Mystic (Kindle Edition)
I already had this in hard copy and bought it for my kindle so that I could have it on tap per se. I like the one pagers that always seem relevant to what I need.

White Nights [DVD] [2006]
White Nights [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Mikhail Baryshnikov

5.0 out of 5 stars love the dancing, 28 Jan. 2013
This review is from: White Nights [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
THis was a trip down memory lane and since I knew the plot, it was more about Baryshnikov's dancing this time around.

Swallows And Robins: The Laughs And Tears Of A Holiday Home Owner
Swallows And Robins: The Laughs And Tears Of A Holiday Home Owner

5.0 out of 5 stars a lovely gentle laugh, 28 Jan. 2013
I bought this book as I was toying with the idea of moving to france and setting up gites/ B & B. I found a story that made me smile as Susie describes her journey and guests with warmth and gentle humour. I looked forward to getting back to the story.

Archetypes
Archetypes

5.0 out of 5 stars updated view of archetypes, 28 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Archetypes (Kindle Edition)
I am a big fan of Caroline Myss and have almost all of her books. If you have an interest in Archetypes, I recommend you read this one first as it brings the Archetypes up to date in a way that I could relate to. Caroline Myss takes a fresh approach from her book Sacred Contracts by lifting the Archetypes up a level into groups that are easily understood and, for me clearer to relate to than how she had portrayed them in Sacred Contracts. I feel that I could now revisit Sacred contracts with fresh eyes and gain more insight from that book too.
However, this book stands on its own and helped me understand why I am always driving change in every job that I do. The website mentioned in the book is very complimentary to this book and I recommend a visit.