Profile for SBno1 > Reviews

Content by SBno1
Top Reviewer Ranking: 103

SBno1
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Jimmy Design Women's No-Bounce Full-Support Sport Bra
Jimmy Design Women's No-Bounce Full-Support Sport Bra
Offered by Jimmy Design
Price: £36.00 - £39.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fully supportive and top quality, 5 July 2015
I received one of these direct from the company to try out. They have not asked for or suggested that I write a favourable review, they have only requested that I leave an honest review. As far as I am aware this is identical to the retail item.

I recently tried the Jimmy Design sports compression shirt from this company and is a good piece of training kit, so my wife was keen to try the sports bra when offered. She was very impressed with it. There is no bouncing around and everything is held firmly in place which makes running a lot more comfortable for her. She informs me that the more movement she has inside a bra then the more likely it will result in discomfort, rubbing and soreness. Hers was a good fit, but I do urge you to read the fitting notes as compression clothing is not quite like buying your usual size.

The bra has elasticated properties throughout and moulds to fit the body. All upper edges and are banded and soft and so far there has been no cutting in or rubbing. The lower band is folded on itself to give a soft and flexible edges. The elasticity is firm enough to keep movements restricted where you don't want movement, but at the same time it doesn't stop her from taking full and deep breaths. The cups are padded for comfort and this also adds to discreetness (not everybody wants parts of the female anatomy poking out and on display). The pads can be removed if you want to wash them separately or for better drying. The whole thing is machine washable, but let it air dry, which doesn't take long.

The straps are not overly wide so the skin is still free to breathe and shoulder movements are not restricted from their full range. The wife has said that running in warm weather has not been a problem, with sweat being taken away from the skin even on hot days.

I asked her if there were any negative points and she replied "none whatsoever". A happy little runner who gives the bra an easy 5 stars.

Jimmy Design Mens Print Compression Shirt Base Layer Short Sleeve Top
Jimmy Design Mens Print Compression Shirt Base Layer Short Sleeve Top
Offered by Jimmy Design
Price: £12.00 - £30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun and funky compression shirt, 3 July 2015
I'll post a few more photos soon

This is a really funky looking top. So much better than the boring black running tops I tend to wear. When I put it on I always get asked where I got it from and I am more than happy to tell people where to get one. The material is tough and durable with a good level of elasticity to it. The banded seams are soft, do not rub and are very well stitched. It is fine in a 30 degree wash and air dries very quickly - in fact it is pretty much dry when coming out of the spin cycle.

When wearing it out for a run, it allows heat and sweat to escape. It is slightly thicker than some tops I have worn so on a particularly hot day this week I was sweating a bit more than usual, but it wasn't a problem and I didn't feel like I was overheating. I am sure that come the winter months this will also be helping to keep me from cooling down too much.

I am generally a medium in a T-shirt, but I went with the advertised sizing and chose the large. This was just right for me and was figure hugging in all places which is exactly how it should be for compression clothing. For the ladies my wife uses and recommends the Jimmy Design Sports Bra

A great compression T-shirt that I am more than happy to give 5 stars.

Vax U88-AMM-P Air Max Pet Lightweight Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Vax U88-AMM-P Air Max Pet Lightweight Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Offered by L.M Electrical

1.0 out of 5 stars Wheels fell off!, 1 July 2015
I bought this direct from Vax, but I will post my advice against this model on Amazon.

Initially I was very impressed with this vacuum. Powerful, easy to use, great pet tool, long lead and a few other nice touches. I felt that I had made a good decision to move away from an old Dyson that I had used for almost 10 years. A few weeks on and I realised I had made a mistake.

It started to get harder to push around on the carpet and eventually it became really hard work. I took a look at it and realised that the wheels have no bearings - or if they did they have disintegrated. The wheel simply slides around on a plastic collar around the spindle. Friction being friction, the plastic warms up, gets soft and starts to wear away. I noticed a lot of plastic dust around the wheel where it has been wearing down.

It's very difficult to push a vacuum around when the wheels are not turning properly and eventually the wheel fell off as it had burnt through the wheel hub. What a stupid design and now I have to contact Vax to see about a refund.

If you have one of these I urge you to check the wheels for any signs of erosion.

BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier WE
BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier WE

4.0 out of 5 stars Safe and secure carrier., 26 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very strong carrier with very secure locking, which of course it would have to be considering that what you are carrying is a very precious cargo! After some trial and error and a few adjustments here and there the carrier is ready to go. It can be a bit tricky getting it onto your back as you can't sling it on like a rucksack when you are carrying your baby. I would advise a few practise lifts first.

Once the carrier is on it is surprisingly comfortable to wear and my little one seems to be happy enough in it. It can get very sweaty in the warmer weather, but on the plus side to that is that it can easily be washed in a machine and it doesn't take too long to air dry.

I am not to fussed on the front facing rear carrying position, the wife says that the baby looks a bit smothered, but rear facing is fine and he gets to have a look around. I don't use the front carry as he is just too big for that.

My only negative is that it doesn't have a forward facing front carry position, which was our favourite carry position when he was old enough to do so in my other carrier. That being said, I can't mark it down for that as my baby is a bit too heavy for me to carry on my front.

Just Life U-01153 Outdoor Sport 480ml Portable BPA Free Glass Drinking Water Bottle with Silicone Handle and Sleeve for Running Camping(One Piece)
Offered by Fun Mall

5.0 out of 5 stars A touch of class with glass., 25 Jun. 2015

This is a well crafted bottle with a sturdy feel to it. The glass is quite thick and whilst I haven't tried too hard, it does look like it will take a little bit more of a knock than your average drinking glass. Being made of glass it is easy to clean, doesn't stain and it doesn't hold on to odours like plastic containers. It comes with a sponge like bottle cleaner, but mine just goes into the top rack of the dishwasher and comes out sparkling clean.

The neck is nice and wide, so you can put in some fruit to liven up your water or some big ice cubes to keep your drink cooler for longer and the neoprene like sleeve will give some limited insulation. The instructions say that you can use it for hot (not boiling) drinks. I would be very careful doing this, if you get it wrong you could crack the glass and open the bottle slowly as pressure will build up.

The bottle seals very well with just light hand tightness with no need to wrench it closed, excellent if you have arthritis of the hand or fingers. It is a good size to have in the hand and the sleeve gives some added grip. The sleeve is easily removed for when you want to wash the bottle and goes back on just as easily.

I note that some reviews say there was a strong chemical smell to the bottle. It looks like the company have listened to these reviewers and have put a desiccant sachet inside. My bottle was odourless and just needed a quick wash before use. It fits perfectly into the drink holder in my car and water bottle side pocket of my rucksack.

I prefer to drink from a glass bottle than plastic, so this suits me down to the ground and gets a big 5 stars from me.

BETA Adult  Shepherds & Setters with Lamb Dry Dog Food, 12 kg
BETA Adult Shepherds & Setters with Lamb Dry Dog Food, 12 kg

1.0 out of 5 stars I had to waste it, 18 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have had BETA dog food in the past and was happy to give this one a try as my dogs have liked the others. Unfortunately, the bag I had looked like it had been left in some filthy corner of a warehouse for the best part of a year. I had to wash my hands after just picking it up as they were covered in black dust. Of course that is just cosmetic, but I had concerns that this is still a food stuff and as such should be stored carefully. On further examination of the bag I found a few small holes in the bag. The bag is a tough plastic tarpaulin type of bag and I thought it could be where the bag has not been handled properly and it may have snagged on something sharp. However, I had a nagging doubt that it could have been nibble holes from a rodent.

Whether this occurred at Amazon warehouse or not I can't say. As this was an item given for review I couldn't send it back and so I decided to empty the whole bag into the food recycling bin. It just wasn't worth the chance that a rodent had been near the food and I won't gamble with the dogs health.

In general BETA dog food has been very good for me in the past, but I have to review this bag on its individual merits and sadly I cannot give it any more than 1 star. This may well be a one off situation, but worth mentioning it should others experience similar and BETA can look into it.

AnySharp Plastic and Stainless Steel Mini Chopper, Black
AnySharp Plastic and Stainless Steel Mini Chopper, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes chopping small items a breeze, 18 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an sweet little device that takes the risk of nicking fingers out of the equation. It also stops having bits of chopped nuts pinging across the kitchen. It has 2 sharp blades folded in a way to give a cross design and when you push the top plunger down is slices through whatever is under them. When you release the plunger it rotates the blade so that when you press the plunger down again, the blades are in a different position. It saves you having to keep moving the device around.

You can either use this directly on a chopping board by simply placing the device over the food to be chopped or you can put the food into the little cup it comes with and place the chopper into the cup. It fits perfectly and when you are done, the food is neatly contained in the cup.

It is marked as dishwasher safe, but I am inclined to wash the blade housing by hand. If water gets into it, it may not dry out as thoroughly as I would like, but that is just me. The blade guard comes off for washing and if you push the plunger down to expose the blades you could sharpen them if desired.

A strong and sturdy device that takes up very little room in a drawer and is very effective at chopping.

AccuWeather
AccuWeather

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely polished app, 16 Jun. 2015
This review is from: AccuWeather (App)
Works fine on a Samsung Galaxy S5

A nicely polished app, with plenty of weather info such as UV index, humidity, visibility, dew point, pressure, wind speed and temperature.

Weather reports can be for your location or you can add locations to monitor. You also get maps, videos and weather news. You get an hourly breakdown of weather and a look ahead.

Weather predictions have so far been fairly accurate for me.

128GB MICRO SD SDHC MEMORY CARD WITH ADAPTER
128GB MICRO SD SDHC MEMORY CARD WITH ADAPTER

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 14 Jun. 2015
A colleague of mine fell for this one and bought it. All was going well until the card filled up and it stopped working. I checked the card to find the capacity was 8GB not 128GB that windows thought it was. I guess not many people fill a card up straight away so they may not realise they have been duped until much later.

When I was reading data off it, I was getting just a few kbps read speed. It could be because the card was messed up, but I also suspect the class 10 rating is also incorrect.

I would suggest that anyone buying these cheap cards get them checked straight away. Don't rely upon windows to show the capacity correctly. On his behalf I am giving it one star.

Packing Cubes 4pcs Value Set for Travel - Plus 6pcs Luggage Organiser Zip Bags(Black)
Offered by OUTDOORS WISH LIST

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius idea for packing clothes, 6 Jun. 2015

These packing cube set consists of 2 large, 2 small bags and a selection of tough plastic zip lock pouches. They all fold up and fit neatly into the smaller cube for storage. They are an excellent way of compartmentalising your luggage into whichever way you want to pack stuff. They will fit neatly into suitcases, large rucksacks and they also fit perfectly into the Bago Duffle Bag For Travel Luggage.

As with the Duffle bag, you get a good sense that this company really want you to enjoy your travel and hope that they are helping you to achieve that. It was quite warming and I felt that they are determined to make sure you are happy with their products.

The packs are a soft fabric with a mesh panel front for ventilation and each has its own carry handle. At first they seem flat and not likely to be able to hold much, but don't let that deceive you. They expand up nicely to allow a good number of garments to be enclosed. This compartmentalisation is an ideal way keeping your clothes in good shape, especially if your suitcase or bag isn't quite full. Clothes always fair better if the suitcase is full. With no room to move around in the clothes stay in place. With these cubes it is like having lots of nicely packed little suitcases within one. It is a pretty genius idea.

You can also use these for longer term storage of clothes if packing away winter / summer garments. If travelling with family, you could give the children their own packs and when you get to your destination, they can be put in charge of unpacking their own cubes.

An excellent way of sorting and looking after clothing without adding anything to the weight of your case.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20