Profile for SBno1 > Reviews

Content by SBno1
Top Reviewer Ranking: 212

SBno1
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
OZ Naturals Facial Cleanser Contains Powerful Vitamin C - This Natural Face Wash Is The BEST Anti Aging Facial Cleanser On The Market - It Deep Cleans Pores While Providing 8 Times The Anti Oxidant Protection For A Healthy, Radiant Glow
Offered by OZ Naturals EU

5.0 out of 5 stars fresh and clean, 24 Nov 2014
I received one of these for review through Amazon courtesy of OZ Naturals. They have not asked for or suggested that I write a favourable review, they have only requested that I leave an honest review.

The Oz Naturals range are becoming real competitors to the high street brands of skin care. As I am getting older I am starting to pay attention to my skin. I just wish I had started a skin care regime a few years ago rather than taking the blasé approach I did then. You are never too young to start caring for your skin.

This cleanser I tried alongside the OZ Naturals Ocean Mineral Facial Cleanser. Whilst both of them are 5 star products, I prefer this one as it is a little gentler on my skin. That being said, I would still recommend the Mineral version as it has a feeling of a deeper cleansing action.

It can be used before an exfoliation, but I feel that the cleansers are doing their job well enough. This has the consistency of a thin gel, but not quite as runny as the Ocean Mineral cleanser. If you are used to thicker gels you will need to adjust how you dispense this. A gentle squeeze on the tube is all that is needed and you don't need a large amount. Any more than a few small blobs is going to be wasted. I would also advise replacing the cap straight away as it can seep out of the tube. The gel spreads very easily across the skin and being thinner than other gels it seems to work into the skin a little better. There is a light foaming up, but not so much that you feel like you are doing the washing up! It rinses out easier than thicker gels to leave you with a very pleasant and fresh finish.

The end result is a face that feels as clean as a whistle and ready for the start of your skin care regime. Whilst you could leave the skin as it is after a cleanse, I would recommend at a very minimum using a moisturiser such as OZ Naturals Retinol Moisturizer or even the OZ Naturals Sea Infused Moisturiser. This is an ideal preparation before starting any skin care regime.

They are cruelty free which, I assume means not tested on animals and it is suitable for vegans which, I assume means it contains no animal products.

The real test for me with review samples is, would I have been happy with this if I had bought it, and the answer is a very positive yes as it has been with all the range I have tried so far.

OZ Naturals Facial Moisturizer - This Sea Infused Face Moisturizer Is Not To Be Underestimated - Contains Powerful Vitamin C & Algae Keratin Extract For Superior Moisturizing & Antioxidant Benefits. The Vitamin C Infused Seaweed Proteins Act As Powerful Collagen Building Blocks For Your Skin.
Offered by OZ Naturals EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Top moisturiser, 24 Nov 2014

This moisturiser looks a lot different to what I am used to. For a start, it has the colour of caramel, but as delicious as it looks, I wouldn't recommend eating it! It is a shade thinner than some moisturisers which is to its advantage as it spreads fast and absorbs easily into the skin. Just be careful when squeezing the tube as you will get wastage. Unless your skin is particularly dry, you will only need a few small beads.

After a few uses I found that putting a few beads on my finger tips and dabbing it around my face was a good way of getting an even application without wasting any of the moisturiser. Then I just work my finger tips around my face to spread the moisturiser around. It didn't take long for it to work in and my skin started to feel the benefit.

There is a nice soft feel to the skin and it is left feeling moisturised, but without the oily feeling. I have been using this at night because my skin is not left greasy and thus not going to wipe off on the pillows. There is a slight smell to the moisturiser, not perfumed, but not unpleasant or not overpowering. I don't know why I mention it really as it doesn't linger and my husband said he couldn't smell it on my skin a few minutes later.

It can be used after a cleansing or exfoliating treatment and works well with serums from the OZ Naturals range. I was using the OZ Naturals Vitamin C cleanser before this and they compliment each other perfectly. At the moment my entire skin care regime consists of OZ Natural products and they are all working well together. My skin is feeling healthier and in a much better condition than just moisturisers alone. I have had no adverse reactions, just compliments.

Carte Noire No.10 Espresso Nespresso Compatible Coffee Capsules 53 g (Pack of 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars What went wrong?, 22 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are individually wrapped (easy tear) plastic capsules. I have had plastic capsules from a different brand of coffee and I had a few problems with failed punctures and weak extractions, but as I have tried a few different coffees from the Carte Noire range, I knew they would perform well and they lived up to my expectations.

The capsules, like the others, all fit perfectly into my Nespresso machine and they all function without issue. All puncturing and allowing a decent flow of coffee without any back pressure.

I have tried nearly all from this range and they have all been very good. I prefer dark and bold coffees with heavy earthy tastes and so I was particularly looking forward to this batch as it is one of the boldest in the range. When you first open these wrapped capsules you get a strong burst of roasted coffee escaping and this sets you in the mood for the drink, but when I opened the no.10 capsules the aroma wasn't as intense as it had been for others in the the range. I didn't pay much heed to this and set the coffee machine up. The capsule performed perfectly well and the coffee flowed, but it still lacked in aroma.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, so I drank it. In terms of taste it fell far short of my expectations, I actually preferred the no.6 that I had tried previously. Initially, I thought I had mis-read the box and it was a weaker coffee, but I hadn't. There was no tang of acidity and it was smooth, but it was flat and lifeless. It was weak in the cup and quite thin. I am surprised that it was marketed as intense/excellence. I am just not seeing it....or tasting it.

I thought I would persevere and try another box, just in case I had a bad box, but it was the same. I even checked my coffee machine to ensure it was extracting properly, but other Carte Noire caps were fine. I stuck with it and tried it at different times of the day and on different days as I realise that your taste preferences can vary, but my opinion hasn't changed, I am not finding this to be an intense coffee and I am a bit disappointed with it as I had high hopes.

So far every coffee from the range has been appealing. I would like to think that this particular case was just a slip in quality. Hopefully, I will get the opportunity to try the no.11, maybe that is the punchy one I am looking for.

Unfortunately, I can't bring myself to give this 5 stars like I have with the others which have all been top quality.

AVANTEK Portable Digital Automatic Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor - Gift for Families
Offered by Claybox

5.0 out of 5 stars great device for monitoring BP, 21 Nov 2014

In the box you get the monitor, cuff and set of instructions.

The instructions are well written, informative and easy to follow.

The monitor is a compact block with a large easy to read display. Initially I thought the screen had a few minor abrasions on it, but there is a thin protective film over it and when peeled away left it looking new. The three buttons all have a positive click feel to them when pressed so you know when the button has been pushed down. You will need 4x AA batteries (not supplied) to operate the device. There appears to be a mains adaptor socket, but no mention of a power pack, though I prefer batteries for portability.

The cuff is comfortable with no scratchy edges or seams and there is a small flap overlapping where the cuff pulls through to tighten up on the arm which prevents pinching of the skin. There is a clear red mark on the cuff to show where it needs to line up on the artery with additional elbow and shoulder markings so that you get it on the right way. The cuff hose then push fits into the monitor. The cuff can be a little tricky to tighten up if you are on your own, but if you have reasonable dexterity you should be able to manage it and it doesn't have to be tight on your arm. I leave mine looped in, so I just slip my arm in, give it a gentle pull to tighten and then line it up.

On the monitor you can set the time and date so that it records your readings and prior to starting it you can set it for person 1 or person 2 so that you can keep records for 2 people. If you are not interested in these, then you just simply hit the start button. The cuff inflates and then deflates with your heart rate being picked up with audible beeps.

My first reading was a heart stopping 226/110, but I had the cuff sat too far down my arm and into the crook of my elbow. A re-adjustment and my reading was taken and produced a much healthier reading that I was expecting. I took 5 readings on the first night and there were top to bottom differences of only 6 mmHg on both systolic and diastolic readings. These results were much the same over the next few nights. If the readings had been the same each time I would have thought something was wrong with the machine, but this fluctuation is perfectly fine. The only question is the accuracy. I won't disclose my BP, but my readings are all what I was expecting and thus I am happy with the results. I did the same with my wife and her readings were all fine for her with fluctuations being 7mmHg and 5mmHg and the results were what she expected them to be.

For such a small price I was expecting something wildly inaccurate, but nothing could be further from the truth. I don't expect this to give me perfect clinical results, just something that is thereabout which it does. It is an ideal device for regular checks on your blood pressure in a time and place that suits you. Regular monitoring will give you a better picture of your BP and give an advanced warning if it's is starting to deviate from the norm so that you can do something about it.

Carte Noire No.6 Lungo Nespresso Compatible Coffee Capsules 56 g (Pack of 4)
Carte Noire No.6 Lungo Nespresso Compatible Coffee Capsules 56 g (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good all round taste, excellent VFM, 20 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are individually wrapped (easy tear) plastic capsules. When you rip the pouch open you get a rush of roasted coffee aroma that really gets you in the mood for a coffee. My wife, who is not a coffee drinker, loves the smell when I open these pouches from the Carte Noire range.

I prefer dark and bold coffees with heavy earthy tastes. This sits around the middle of the Carte Noire strength range and is just a bit milder than I would normally go for. That being said, I enjoyed it, there is no bitterness and the acidity is a good balance. The crema is clean and golden and there is little evidence of thick muddying from a too fine a grind or grounds getting through the capsule. If you like strong heady coffee you may find it a little weak in the cup and not hitting the 'umami' buds. On the other hand, lovers of particularly thin and weaker coffees might be a little overwhelmed. That being said, unless you are the polar ends in coffee strength, I think most people will find something to enjoy in this coffee, it s a good all-rounder.

In terms of value for money, at the current price of 8GBP for 40 capsules this puts each capsule at just 20p each. This is fantastic value for money in what is a high quality coffee. The original Nespresso capsule are around 5p to 10p more per capsule and you have to pay P+P.

LE 5.5W Dimmable G45 E27 LED Bulb, 40W Incandescent Bulbs Equivalent, 2700K, Warm White, Golf Ball Bulbs
Offered by Neon Mart

5.0 out of 5 stars ideal replacement for incandescent, 17 Nov 2014
I received one of these direct from the company to try out. They have not asked for or suggested that I write a favourable review, they have only requested that I leave an honest review. As far as I am aware this item is identical to the retail product. I received 3 different wattages/fittings so there will be similarities in my reviews.

This bulb was destined for my outside door light so unfortunately I can't comment on the dimming properties of it.

I wasn't too worried about the colour of the light, which as it happens is as close as you can get to an incandescent light. All I needed was an equivalent amount of light so I could see anyone through the door spy-hole when it was dark. This was a perfect replacement. I really cannot tell the difference between a standard 40w bulb and this one other than my electricity meter doesn't spin around as fast as it used to!

If you are looking to replace like for like, then these will do you well

These bulbs have the same dimensions as a standard large Edison screw cap so they will go into standard fittings. The round bulbs I tried were slightly bigger than their incandescent equivalents, but the golf ball bulbs look to be pretty much the same size.

One other great thing with these bulbs is that they don't get anywhere near as hot as an incandescent or halogen bulbs, so no more heat damaged shades or fittings.

I have been running this bulb for about a week now (comes on at dark and is timed to go out at midnight.) it has performed well and should outlive an incandescent bulb by a long time, but it's too early for me to comment on this.

I have to say that I am very impressed with these and the other bulbs from Lighting EVER and I am well on my way to total LED conversion. I haven't started looking yet, but I hope there is a bayonet cap fitting equivalent for this bulb as I have an up-lighter that takes them.

LE C37 4W B22 Bayonet LED Candle Bulb,35W Incandescent Bulb Equivalent,290lm,Warm White,Candle Light Bulbs,Pack of 5 Units

5.0 out of 5 stars Odd equivalent wattage, but excellent replacement, 17 Nov 2014

My quest to convert my house to energy saving bulbs has been hampered by the harsh white light they give off. White light is not very relaxing and it takes an age for the bulbs to warm up. LED lights are a little different in that they have no warm up time, but most are still too white for my liking. White light in a kitchen and bathroom is fine and it was easy to source some good Halogen spotlight equivalents, but I was still at a loss for the rest of the house. Finally, my quest is at an end thanks to Lighting EVER.

These LED lights arrived and I dutifully tried them out expecting them to be a white colour. How very wrong I was. I have a lamp that takes 3x candle type bulbs. I have 40w bulbs in there and as such we find it too bright to be of any use in the evening, I replaced them with these LEDs bulbs. The colour of the light was a perfect warm white with the lights obviously being a little dimmer. The overall effect is that my lamp is now a better light for the room as it isn't so bright.

If you are trying to replace like for like, then you may need to source a brighter LED equivalent, but it you are trying to tone down the room, it is perfect. The only odd thing with this bulb is the 35 watt equivalent. I don't know of 35w incandescent bulbs. If you are trying to replace a 40w bulb it may be a bit dim. That being said, the running cost of these compared to an incandescent bulb means you could have a few more lights on and still burn less electricity.

These bulbs have the same dimensions as a standard bayonet cap so they will go into standard fittings. The round bulbs I tried were slightly bigger than their incandescent equivalents, but the candle bulbs look to be pretty much the same size

I have been running these for about a week now and they have all performed well, they should outlive incandescent bulbs by a long time, but it's too early for me to comment on this.

One last thing - if you buy a pack, test them all. If they have been thrown around in transit and shock damaged it is better to find out they are not working now, then later on when it is too late to get it replaced.

LE 12 W B22 Bayonet LED Bulb, Brightnest 75 Watt Incandescent Bulbs Equivalent, Warm White, Pack of 5 Units
Offered by Neon Mart

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal incandescent replacement, 17 Nov 2014

These LED lights arrived and I dutifully tried them out expecting them to be a white colour. How very wrong I was. I replaced 60w bulbs with the 75w LED bulbs. The light colour was an exact match with the room obviously being a little brighter as the equivalent wattage was higher. I felt like I was getting a bargain. I can run 5 of these bulbs (12 watts) at the cost of one 60w bulb - it's a no brainer!

I tried replacing a 75w halogen (equivalent of a 100w bulb), but this was a little dimmer. I was expecting this, but it is something to bear in mind if you have halogen bulbs. You will need to source an LED light with the equivalent incandescent wattage not halogen wattage.

Theses bulbs have the same dimensions as a standard bayonet cap so they will go into standard fittings. The only thing to watch out for is that the bulbs are a little bigger than a standard bulb. For most light shades this won't be a problem, but if you have a shallow shade where the bulb is only just hidden, then these might protrude slightly.

I have to say that I am very impressed with these and I just wish I had found out about them before I bulk bought a load of halogen bulbs. I am definitely going to be looking for 100w replacements for the remaining lights in the house. The current price of £36 is a bit of a pinch, but they will save you money in the long run.

PRO PLAN Cat Wet NutriSavour Junior with Turkey in Gravy 10x85g (Pack of 4, Total 40 Pouches)

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant hit, 17 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This was an instant hit with our little kitty. It is a wet food in a soft pouch that has a pleasant smell and looks just as appetising. As I was squeezing this into the bowl, the cat was on it and didn't stop until the bowl was empty and licked clean. So far every meal has been the same, much to the disappointment of the dogs who usually clean up any leftovers.

A box of this was also donated to a stray moggy that a friend has been feeding. Whilst the food is designed around the nutritional needs of a younger cat, the stray cat was just as happy to eat it.

The pouches are nearly all gone now and there have been no ill effects from switching over. Stools are still much the same and the cats behaviour has not changed in the slightest, apart from feeding time when he gets agitated if I am a bit slow getting dinner ready!

Laphroaig 10 Year Old Single Islay Malt Scotch Whisky 70cl
Laphroaig 10 Year Old Single Islay Malt Scotch Whisky 70cl
Offered by ndlwholesale

5.0 out of 5 stars Smoking, 17 Nov 2014
When they say this is the most richly flavoured of whiskies, they are not joking. I find this to be one of the strongest smoky/peat tastes of all the whiskies I have tried. As soon as you pour a glass you get that instant hit of a delicious heavy smoke.

I only drink whisky neat and so I sometimes get a burn from harsher whiskies. This isn't quite as smooth as Lagavulin, but at the same time it isn't so rough on the back of your throat like others. I have to say that I prefer this to the quarter cask Laphroaig and it is an ideal drink to finish off an evening meal.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20