Profile for SBno1 > Reviews

Content by SBno1
Top Reviewer Ranking: 100

SBno1
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Geox J Arno, Boys' Low-Top Sneakers, Black (Black), 4 UK (37 EU)
Geox J Arno, Boys' Low-Top Sneakers, Black (Black), 4 UK (37 EU)
Offered by Surfdome

5.0 out of 5 stars A 5 star thumbs up from the boys, 29 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My nephews and my son have all been using the Geox range of shoes and trainers and all their footwear has been impressive so far. These trainers are stylish and comfortable. They haven't left any of the boys with sores, blisters or other foot complaints. Boys typically live in one pair of trainers and they get a real pounding from kicking footballs to climbing anything that is within reach. Happily these trainers have taken the abuse that young feet can demand of them.

The soles are a soft rubberised material that gives exceptional grip in all but the slipperiest of surfaces. There is a strong bond between the sole and upper that is showing no signs of separation. The sole also acts as a side buffer to prevent scuffing. The heels take up a fair amount of impact and the inner sole has a layer of foam that further acts as a shock absorber.

The boys are all happy to wear these and there have been no complaints about them, all give them a five star thumbs up

Geox J W.Snake Moc B - Smooth Leather, Boys' Mocassins, Black (Black), 11.5 Child UK (30 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good shoe for the price, 26 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A really nice looking shoe and a quality to match, The leather upper is soft and supple and the rubber sole gives plenty of grip even in the wet. The sole rubber is quite soft, hence the good grip, but the trade off is likely to be a faster wear out. That being said, my nephew is growing out of shoes so fast that he is likely to be onto the next size before he can wear them down.

The inner has a removable lining which has some additional padding on the heal (pics attached). The shoe is nicely stitched and the sole is bonded on very strongly. They are stylish and he is happy to wear them, he has not complained of any discomfort and his feet show no signs of ill fitting. The front toe piece is extended up and this has taken a few scrapes and knocks and has done well to protect the look of the shoe.

A pretty good shoe for the price
Comment Comment | Permalink

Pampers Size 4 Baby Dry Pants - Pack of 94
Pampers Size 4 Baby Dry Pants - Pack of 94

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good pants, 24 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When we started using these in place of standard nappies it took a few changes to get used to the idea of pulling on a nappy as opposed to wrapping it around the baby. Now it is second nature and a little faster. Whilst having sticking tabs meant you could adjust the sides to suit, I thought I would miss this, but I don't, the elasticity of the sides has done a remarkable job - not so tight that it marks the skin and not so loose that anything escapes or they fall down. There is enough elasticity to pull the waist band open to check for any light soiling (although oft-times it is pretty obvious!). Taking them off is easy, just tear down the sides and dispose of as per usual.

They have been leak free so far and the baby shows no signs of distress or discomfort when wearing them. They are very absorbent and unless saturated they are surface dry against the baby, so you do have to be careful not to mistake this as a dry nappy and leave it on.

Philips HD9305/26 Brushed Metal Kettle, 2200 W, 1.5 Litre
Philips HD9305/26 Brushed Metal Kettle, 2200 W, 1.5 Litre

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for static caravan or small household, 20 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There is nothing that really makes this kettle stand out from the plethora of kettles that are currently on the market. It is stylish and the brushed metal look will be right at home in most modern kitchens. It is a relatively dumpy kettle compared to others I have seen, but that is much a matter of taste. It is removable from the base and easily refilled under a tap. The 2200 watt element will heat up the water in a reasonable time and the 1.5 Litre capacity is enough for 4 standard mugs of coffee.

It is a good kettle, but I would recommend this more for a static caravan or maybe a small household. A bigger family may want a slightly larger capacity kettle. Looking around I can see several similar fashioned, fast boil (3000 watt) kettles with a 1.7 Litre capacity in the same price range so there is some good competition.

Ultrasport Men's Sport and Leisure Round Neck T-Shirt (Pack of 5) - White, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality no nonsense T, 18 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was expecting some cheap thin cotton that I could see through, but I was pleasantly surprised. The shirts have a good quality feel to them and they are a fairly heavy cotton, perhaps a shade heavy for any exercise that is likely to generate a lot of body heat if being used for sports. Of course these can also be used for leisure and for that they are ideal. They look stylish and are a very crisp and clean white.

The body is in two pieces with a soft seam on the inside, so it will keep its shape. The arms are attached with a double stitched line and the neck piece has soft elasticated properties that is also double stitch attached.

This fit was good, if maybe a touch larger than the medium sizes I am used to. If you are looking for a tighter fit, I would say try a size down to what you normally are

A plain a simple white cotton t-shirt, good for many occasions and an easy 5 star product

Thomas & Friends Take-n-Play Daring Dragon Drop
Thomas & Friends Take-n-Play Daring Dragon Drop

5.0 out of 5 stars Big toy, big fun, 17 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
You will need a little time and patience to put this together, best done when not being pestered by children wanting to play with it as you are assembling it! It is straightforward to do, just follow the pictorial instructions.

When done it is an impressive sized track that will keep children amused for a while and it is one that they will come back to play. It is for ages 3 and up due to a few small parts. When Thomas in in the tower you hit the volcano and with an explosion of sound he zip lines out of the volcano on the back of a dragon to continue his travels.

Thomas the tank is one of those characters that will never age and is always a hit present. This one is such a toy. When your little one tires of it, it can be packed up into the attic and brought out a generation later. It does fold up into a smaller size, so it can be stored a lot easier than some of the other competitors toys. A solid 5 stars from my son

Sony HT-RT5 5.1 Channel Wireless Surround Sound Speaker System with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality sound with depth and clarity, 17 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
To run this you are going to need 4 power outlets as each speaker requires its own. You may also need a hand to carry the box as it is big, heavy and awkward to carry. Once out of the box the individual pieces are a bit more manageable.

The sound bar is a very sleek looking speaker set that has a high quality look and feel to it. A flat low profile tapered bar that will sit neatly in front of your TV, or if you prefer, you can put it behind and bring a small discreet IR receiver to the front. I recommend in front of the TV where nothing can interfere with the sound. If you are using this with anything under a 40 inch screen, the it may look a bit out of proportion as it is very long. The subwoofer is a lump of a box and a bit of an elephant in the room, but it isn't ugly and does blend in with the rest of the audio visual gear. The rear speakers are a smaller profile and can easily be tucked away behind the sofa if you don't want them on show. My TV is in a man-cave so I am not too worried about the Feng Shui and have them on show.

Setting this up is fairly straightforward, but do take a bit of time to go through the instructions to set up the wireless speakers to avoid the frustration of one falling silent. Admittedly, I threw the instructions to one side and jumped in with both feet. It is basically a power on of the bar and pressing the buttons on the speakers to get them to synchronise. Placing the sound bar and subwoofer shouldn't be much of an issue for most as you will likely have a few spare power outlets near your TV set up. Unfortunately, you will also need to have a power outlets where you need to place the rear speakers, which ideally will be in the corners of the room behind your sofa - This is the only disadvantage of having wireless speakers - well wireless in the sense of no speaker cables.

There are 3 HDMI ports in and one out to the TV. I am only using one for my Blu-ray player at the moment, but I am hoping to get a second Skybox in the room in the next few weeks so I will know exactly what it is like with switching. There are a few other features I am yet to explore, such as a LAN port, Bluetooth and USB ports, but I am looking forward to playing with these. I'll report back when I know more.

My biggest disadvantage when reviewing films is covering the sound quality, I can only comment on how a film sounds through my puny TV speakers. Which I was happy with until I plugged this in a fired up a film. WOW! Suddenly the film takes on a different dimension. I have now come to the realisation that the sound quality from my TV was actually flat and dead and that I have been missing out for a long time. Suddenly there are thumping beats that I hadn't had before and the room is literally filled with sound. At one point I heard a cricket chirping from the corner of the room in a quiet part of a film and I turned to see what insect had gotten in. I felt a bit of a fool when I discovered it was the surround sound!

I cannot overstate just how impressed I have been with the quality, depth and clarity of the sound coming from these speakers. For so many years I have put up with small TV speakers and being fairly satisfied with them. Now my listening habits have changed completely and I can safely say that now I have been spoilt with these, there is simply no going back. My ears have been opened!

Approximate dimensions of the speakers in cms are (depth x width x height):
Bar: 108 x 13 x 5.5
Rear: 9.5 x 9.5 x 25
Sub: 38.5 x 19 x 38
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 23, 2015 7:57 PM BST

Geox J Baltic Amphibiox, Boys' Low-Top Sneakers
Geox J Baltic Amphibiox, Boys' Low-Top Sneakers
Price: £44.99 - £55.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good strong shoes, 16 Aug. 2015
A stylish and robust pair of trainers. The trainers are well stitched and glued together and look like they will stand up to the rigours of young feet. My nephew was pleased to have these and spent the next few days living in them. He seems to think they make him run faster, but who am I to argue? So far there have been no complaints of rubbing and no sore or red patches on his feet. They are light weight and have an oversized bumper around the sole to save some scuffing. Which they do to a certain degree, but this depends on how boisterous your boy is.

The sole material gives exceptionally good grip, but as with all sole material, there will always be one type of surface that you need to be careful on and for these it is wet smooth surface tiles.

The velcro straps do have a limited life span, but they should last out the shoe life depending on how often they are taken apart in a day. I am guessing he will be grown out of these long before they start to break down. Hopefully they will be OK as a hand-me-down.

Lamaze Hear Me See Me Photo Album
Lamaze Hear Me See Me Photo Album

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright and colourful, 13 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Lamaze always produce high quality toys that are robust and child safe and this is one such example. The bright colours are visually stimulating and the textures of the material give something for little fingers to explore. Pop open each of the wings to see the photograph and the same time the sound recording will play. Finding the right size portrait picture can be a bit tricky. I was fortunate enough to be able to alter and print my own pictures so that the image fills the little window. They are a bit fiddly to get pictures in and record the sounds, but if it was too easy then you risk having the baby pulling it apart. On the point of sound, it is much clearer than I anticipated and leaves no doubt as to who is speaking.

The body of the butterfly is a hard and heavy lump of plastic so care and supervision will be required. I am not really sure how much value this will add to a family interacting and talking to a baby on a daily basis. It might be a lot better for grandparents, absent parents and distant relatives who want the baby to see their faces daily and get to recognize their voices so that when they do meet, there is some familiarity and hopefully a familial connection can be made sooner. If nothing else, you can put colourful pictures and funny sounds into it to make a baby toy

Vie Spray-On Mosquito And Insect Repellent 100ml, Deet Free, Suitable For Children And Babies
Offered by Healthcare Europe

5.0 out of 5 stars Bite free evenings in the garden, 13 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This isn't the nicest smelling stuff I have used, but it isn't the worst either. That being said, I would happily put up with a bit of a niff if it avoinds the itchy lumps that can plague the baby (and me).

Whilst we are at the end of the mozzie season there are still a few around and also some other blood suckers. On a rather muggy evening where there were a few brutes flying around I put this on the baby who, like me, has an allergy to the saliva in the bite. The next day I had a few bites on my legs, but the baby had none. I deliberately didn't put any on myself as I wanted to know if this actually worked and it looked like it does.

I have also been using this and we have had a few more evenings in the garden completely bite free and showing no skin reactions to the spray. It is nice being able to sit out in the garden and enjoy what is left of the summer evenings without the fear of waking up the next day with itchy lumps - annoying for me, worse for the little ones.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20