Profile for SBno1 > Reviews

Content by SBno1
Top Reviewer Ranking: 213
Helpful Votes: 2091

SBno1
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Arm & Hammer Bad Breath and Tartar Control Dental Rinse, 32 oz
Arm & Hammer Bad Breath and Tartar Control Dental Rinse, 32 oz
Offered by Mighty Oak Trading

4.0 out of 5 stars Some benefit....maybe!, 25 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you think that you can just give this to your dog and not have to clean their teeth, then you are mistaken, you will still need to follow some additional dental care. Much the same as humans, you clean your teeth and then use a mouthwash. That being said, if you cannot get near your dogs teeth, then it is better than nothing, just don't expect to see tartar and staining disappear using this product alone.

I have been using this range of dental rinse for a while and managed to get one as a sample for review. I honestly cannot tell you if this is really living up to its claims as I do clean my dogs teeth daily, so that is probably what is keeping his teeth clean. He still has some tartar building up in difficult to reach places, but on the whole he has healthy teeth and gums. Whilst I can't say for sure if it is working, I am happy to keep using it as part of his dental care because there may be some benefit, even if the rinse is only on his teeth momentarily.

I never really liked the idea of the dog swallowing mouthwash, but there have been no upset stomachs and no change in urine or stools.

Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 Groomer Razor Blade
Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 Groomer Razor Blade

4.0 out of 5 stars Good close shave., 25 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I could have a tirade about how shaving has gone from 1 to 2 to 3 to 5 blades each claiming to be closer shaving etc and will we be seeing 6 blades next year? I don't really buy into the hype. I think once the first blade has cut the hair, the blades following it are pretty much redundant. However, there must be something in it as I do find having the extra blades gives a more comfortable and faster shave.

There is a moisturising strip built in, but if you are using a good quality shave gel or cream, then you don't really benefit from it.

The head isn't overly bulky and there is always the trimming blade to get into awkward spots like under the nose. The head does not vibrate as do other similar 5 blade products. The handle is a nice wide size which is comfortable to hold. The clippers are a bit of a waste of space. There are 3 height settings and the blades do an OK job of cutting hair, but I would recommend buying a dedicated beard trimmer as they have a wider head, more height settings and tend to be more powerful. The clippers work by pressing the button on the handle, but you need a death grip to get the thing to stay on and turn it off again.

The end shave is as smooth as any other wet shave I have had, but there is nothing that really sets this razor ahead of the competition. I would say it is definitely worth upgrading from a singe blade disposable, but I wouldn't like to say that this is any better than other 5 blade razors.

Coachies Cat Treats 65g (Tuna)
Coachies Cat Treats 65g (Tuna)
Offered by Suffolk Group

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice cat treat, 25 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are advertised as Tuna, but I don't see that they actually contain Tuna only shrimp. Probably just flavoured with Tuna. That being said, my cat was very pleased with this treat and even meowed for more. The bag has a bit of a whiff, but it isn't something that will smell the house out.

A nice chewy treat that the cat liked and the dog also approved when he managed to snaffle a few that dropped to the floor.

Coachies Lick Treat Chicken Flavour, 50 ml
Coachies Lick Treat Chicken Flavour, 50 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars A new and novel delivery system, 25 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is basically an under arm deodorant roll on. The difference however, is that this is not something you want to roll on under your arm pits, unless your date happens to be a welsh border collie or golden retriever.

The idea is that your dog licks the roller ball and as it turns it gets coated in a slick layer of gravy like substance with a strong smell of chicken. Dogs tastes are quite rudimentary whereas their sense of smell is far better than that of a human. Which is why this will probably appeal to most dogs.

I offered this to my 2 dogs, one of which sniffed it for several seconds before deciding that they would rather lick a part of their anatomy that would disgust most decent people. The other dog sniffed it, licked it tentatively and decided that it was better than what the other dog was licking.

The treat dispensed the gravy quite evenly, but the ball was quite tight. I found that when the dog gave a heavy and hard lick, the roller ball would move around. Anything lighter and the ball wouldn't move as well. This wasn't a totally bad thing, because as lng as something was coming out, it kept the dogs attention.

This is a novel and new way of delivering measured doses of treats without over feeding the dog. A small light tongue may not be enough to move the ball any great distance, but that may help with portion control.

AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable 3 Feet / 0.9 m Supports Ethernet / 3D / Audio Return (Newest Standard)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap n cheerful, 24 Oct 2014
I don't comment on the Ethernet support capability of this cable as I only used it as a link from my free-view box to the TV.

Don't be fooled into buying expensive HDMI cables. In the days of analogue signals then you would get a better picture with gold connectors and heavy shielding etc. However, in the digital world the signal is binary - either a 1 or a 0 and as long as a reasonable signal gets through, then the receiving equipment will replicate it perfectly.

This cable transfers the signal to my TV as good as any £50 HDMI cable. Admittedly, if you are going to be repeatedly pulling this cable in and out of equipment then it may not last long, but for most, once plugged in, it is not likely to be ever be removed.

Precept Plus Canine Foundation, 3 Kg
Precept Plus Canine Foundation, 3 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Eaten, enjoyed and no ill effects shown., 23 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This food is marketed at moderately active dogs which suits my one dog fine as she is starting to slow down a bit as she is getting older. The glucosamine and chondroitin should help with her joints and bones. She seems satisfied with it and manages to eat the food with the same enthusiasm she has shown other foods. She is a small dog and the pieces are maybe a touch on the large side for her, but that being said, she cannot wolf the food down and has to crunch it up. That is probably a plus point for her teeth.

The food doesn't smell strong, the size of the food is uniform, it is dry and hard, but easily chewed up.

She hasn't showed any problems with eating the food and her stools are all normal shape and consistency. Her energy levels are pretty much the same since she has been eating this food.

My other dog is much more energetic and is on a different diet, unfortunately he won't eat his food now that the other dog has something different - it's like having a bunch of kids in the house!

KooPower 100 LEDs 10M String Fairy Lights White for Christmas Tree Party Wedding Events (8 Operation Modes)
Offered by Golden Battery

5.0 out of 5 stars Good set of party or tree lights, 19 Oct 2014
Length:: 0:33 Mins

I received one of these direct from the company to try out. They have not asked for or suggested that I write a favourable review, they have only requested that I leave an honest review. As far as I am aware this item is identical to the retail product.

Ref the video; the auto white balance of the camera takes some of the shine off these lights. The video is just to demonstrate the light sequences.

I have 2 sets of these lights. They are identical except in the colour of the light. This set has a colour temperature of white (I would guess around 3000-3600 kelvin). If you prefer a warmer white light there is a set at around 2700-3000 kelvin) CLICK HERE

There is a good lead length from the plug to control box (around 2m). The control is a small white box with a single push button that cycles through the different modes. There are 8 modes to choose from as per product description. There is a nice positive click as you cycle through the modes.

The modes of flashing are very well chosen and there should be something to suit most occasions. The light they LEDs give off are nice and bright and will bring a sparkle of life to your room, party or event. As they are such a long length of lights they would also brighten up a function room. The LEDs do not get hot and have a low power consumption.

These are advertised as spray proof, so I wouldn't like to chance these as outdoor lights that are being left up. My advice would be to keep these indoors, or at least bring them indoors when your garden party etc is finished.

These are a delightful set of lights and sure to be a hit at Christmas, but they are also handy for parties and other functions throughout the year.

KooPower 10M 100 LEDs Christmas Party Garden LED String Fairy Lights Warm White
KooPower 10M 100 LEDs Christmas Party Garden LED String Fairy Lights Warm White
Offered by Golden Battery

5.0 out of 5 stars Good set of party or tree lights, 19 Oct 2014
Video to follow when vetted by Amazon

I have 2 sets of these lights. They are identical except in the colour of the light. This set has a colour temperature of warm white (I would guess around 2700-3000 kelvin). If you prefer a whiter light there is a set at around 3000-3600 kelvin) CLICK HERE

ESSENTIAL FOODS Nautical Living Dog Food
ESSENTIAL FOODS Nautical Living Dog Food

5.0 out of 5 stars Fishy goodness, 18 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My dog is very active and we walk over 1000 miles a year so the idea of having a food that sustains his blood sugar is quite appealing as some walks he is dragging behind and on other times we get home and he is tearing around the garden like we haven't been out for a walk in a month.

I can't say I have seen a difference in this behaviour, but I put some of this down to his unusual eating habits and that our walks are not consistent (different time of day and lengths). Regardless of the food I use, he will have days of grazing and nibbling and then days of wolfing the food down and asking for more. I am sure that this is not what the makers of this food anticipated.

My dogs unusual peaks and troughs of energy aside. He has taken quite well to this food, I have been trying different ones this year with varying results, but this one seems to have been a hit from the start. His eating habits haven't changed and neither has his appetite, so that was pleasing for me. The pieces are a good button size so he has to crunch them up which is supposed to be good for his teeth.

The smell is very fishy, but not unpleasant and the ingredients are a good mix of fish and vegetables. There is also glucosamine and chondroitin in the mix, which I am led to believe is good for joint care.

There has been no detrimental effect on the dogs mood or behaviour. There has been no sickness and his stools are normally formed and of the right consistency. He likes it, so do I.

AVANTEK Digital Kitchen Scale, 11 lb / 5 kg Capacity, 0.05 lb / 1 g Accuracy & Ultra Slim Design
Offered by Claybox

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice addition to a modern kitchen, 18 Oct 2014

This is a sleek looking set of scales. They are very slim and discreet and will look at home in any modern kitchen. It is housed in a highly polished black plastic base with a good sized plate that will take a good range of household mixing bowls. The plate is a tempered glass with soft beveled edges and gentle curved corners. It will take up to 5kg of ingredients (and bowl) and will show you measurements in grams (in 1g increments), pounds and ounces (in 0.05oz increments) and water millilitres (in 1ml increments). The mode and tare buttons are the touch type and are sensitive enough for a gentle touch so as not to disturb any weighing.

Power is via 4x AAA batteries (not supplied), they are easily fitted into the base plate. When powered up the LCD display is easy to read with large digits and the display will also warn of a low battery status.

I have a few test weights of 1g, 100g and 1kg with all showing correct weights. I would expect household scales to have a small degree of inaccuracy as things like temperature, humidity, altitude and other environmental factors interfere with the measurement. No doubt if I repeat the tests I will get a small amount of fluctuation. I was very happy with these results and think that they are more than good enough for kitchen use.

I only have one very minor observation and that is that the LCD display does not have a back light. It is still quite easy to read the display, even in a dim room, but a back light would be better for those with poor eyesight.

They come well packaged and would make for an ideal gift. A winner in my book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20