Profile for SBno1 > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 436

SBno1
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Multiple Ports Wall/Desktop USB Charger 33-Watt 5V/6.5A Portable 6-Port Battery Charger | Charge Up To 6 Devices Simultaneously At Full Speed | For iPhone, iPad Mini, Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, S4, Note 3, Sony Xperia, Moto G, PlayStation Controllers, E-readers | 30 Days Money Back Guarantee And 24 Months Warranty - Glossy Black
Offered by The Ago!

5.0 out of 5 stars A definite must have for the USB household, 19 July 2014
I received one of these direct from the company to try out. They have not asked for or suggested that I write a favourable review, they have only requested that I leave an honest review, so if necessary they can improve their products. As far as I am aware this is identical to the retail item.

In the box you get a mains cable and the USB hub. The hub is a polished plastic block that is both sturdy and solidly built. The mains cable simply plugs into the back and that is it. Simple no fuss and ready to go.

With so many devices that need to be charged via a USB cable, it is about time some one had the ingenuity to bring out a mains powered hub for charging these devices. 6 USP ports and each are marked up to give you an indication of which one to use. Not all the ports are powered the same, so if you have a power hungry device like the iPhone, you will need to populate that particular port. For devices that are not so fussy like a Kindle e-book, then any port will do.

I tested this with A Samsung Galaxy S5, Kindle, iPhone, iPod, Bluetooth speakers and a Samsung WB600 digital camera. All devices showed as charging. After about an hour the temperature of the block was warm to touch, but not hot, which is to be expected. After a few hours each of my devices started to show as being fully charged and I could start populating the free ports with other devices. I am leaving this plugged in with leads attached so that members of the household have one place to go for charging their devices without having to hunt around the house for free outlets.

The block looks like it should stand upright, but with several leads plugged in, it is more stable if you lay it flat.

The acid test here is would I have bought one had I not received one for testing, and the answer is a resounding yes. It is a reasonable price for a very useful and good quality answer to the modern USB hungry household.

EDIT: Initially I didn't think this was charging my Asus tablet as the charge light never lit up. Turns out my lead was faulty. A change of lead and the tablet charges fine. Stupid me for not checking the obvious!

JTL-8 Mini Portable Multifunction Bluetooth Speaker (white)
JTL-8 Mini Portable Multifunction Bluetooth Speaker (white)

4.0 out of 5 stars neat and compact, 18 July 2014
I received one of these direct from the company to try out. They have not asked for or suggested that I write a favourable review, they have left me to write what I want good or bad. As far as I am aware this is identical to the retail item.

The speaker is very small, you could enclose it in your fist and no one would see it. It is one inch square and just over an inch in height. With a speaker that small in size and price you can't expect to have deep rich bass tones and I wouldn't mark it down for this.

The device is easy to pair up, just switch on by pressing the power button for about 2 seconds until the device greets you with a pleasant "Hi, I'm ready, waiting for a connection.". then set your device to scan Bluetooth. When the connection is made you are further informed with "Bluetooth connected". Job done, ready to rock.

Fire up a video or song and the sound comes through quite clearly. There is surprisingly very little hiss, but the speaker does lack bass, again, I would expect that from a speaker this size. The volume is quite loud and is controlled by the phone and it does come through clearly. I was able to pause music and videos by tapping the power button, but I could not restart them, it had to be done on the phone (Samsung Galaxy S5). The instructions say you can play and pause, so I am not sure if this is a fault, or an incompatibility issue. Whatever it is, it isn't a big problem.

Taking and breaking a call is simply a tap on the power button. The caller comes through clearly on the speaker, but like the phone, you have to have the mic near your mouth. The caller couldn't hear my voice when the speaker was more than 1 foot away from my mouth. Again, not a problem as you have to do the same with your phone.

If the Bluetooth is switched off you are told, but if the phone goes out of Bluetooth range an alarm will sound on the speaker. The alarm is an intermittent sound and is loud enough to hear, but if your are in a noisy environment, it may get missed.

This nifty little device can also be used as a remote shutter release, but it looks like you need an app to make use of this feature. I haven't been able to do this yet as I am mot sure on what app it is. Will edit this when I work it out.

There is a little lanyard with a peg that fits into your earphone socket of the phone so you don't misplace the speaker, it doesn't fit as tight as a headphone plug, but that is just as well, you wouldn't want it snapping off. It isn't something I would use because if the Bluetooth speaker was fixed to the phone and this gets picked up, then the alarm isn't going to sound, so probably best not fix it to the phone.

Bottom line: a solid little chunk of a speaker with surprisingly clear sound for its small size, lacks a bit of bass and you need to be close to the mic to use it as a hands free. It would make a great gift for a younger teen that has a phone or Bluetooth capable mp3 player.

[2 PACK] Premium Dry Bags - two 500D PVC Tarp waterproof dry bags (170 Oz and 340 Oz) for outdoor activities and watersports - Lifetime Warranty (blue and yellow)

5.0 out of 5 stars Say goodbye to wet clothes, 18 July 2014

These are not advertised as waterproof and not to be fully submerged, but as a test I submerged the 5lt bag in the bath whilst it had some towels in it. It was only a quick dunk, but other than the residual water that ran into the bag when I opened it, the contents were completely dry. Admittedly, longer submersion will let water in, but the idea of the exercise was to see if dropping this in water momentarily would allow immediate water ingress, which it didn't. I had to expel the air out of my bag in order to submerge it, but if the bag is puffed up and the weightier items at the base, this bag should float on the surface. Therefore, if perchance you were to be punting down your local river and dropped the bag overboard, it should stay upright and dry (depending on how it was packed etc). I guess what I am saying in a round about way is that these heavy duty bags that are sure to keep the contents dry in the heaviest of monsoon rains.

The material is like a thick grade tarpaulin with a high tear resistance, although you will need to take care if packing sharp items in the bag. The bag is designed to be carried like a duffel bag, but I am using mine as a dry liner in my ruck sack. I walk over a 1000 miles a year with my dog and I carry a DSLR camera. Often I have been caught out in the rain and worried about the water penetrating my ruck sack, so I am using this as a protective liner. It must be noted that the instructions do not recommend using the bags to store electrical items. I am not really sure why this is the case, but I have been keeping my camera and phone in the bags and haven't had any problems with this.

These are very strong bags, which collapse down to take up a small storage footprint. If you need to keep the elements away from your belongings, these bad boys are definitely the ones to get.

Premium Parachute Hammock PLUS Hanging Straps [PAIR] - 100% Nylon Silk Ultra-Strong Parachute Hammock, with paracord hammock cords - product includes 2 x Poly-Filament Webbing Hanging Straps/Hammock Suspension system - Lifetime Warranty

5.0 out of 5 stars For those lazy days, 17 July 2014

For years I have had a hammock made from thick nylon cords in the traditional crisscross pattern. It has always been comfortable as it was vented, but after about 30 minutes the knots used to stick in and you had to shift your weight around. Also your body weight was spread out over cords rather than a wide surface. I never really though about any other design so never looked about.

The Friendly Swede hammock removed the flaws of a rope hammock as it is a single soft feel sheet so the body weight is spread out evenly. There are no knots or cords to dig in and cause pressure sores. It is easy to assemble, just loop the 2 straps to upright posts, connect to the hammock sheet via a carabiner and adjust the tension accordingly. It is incredibly strong and uses good quality paracord on the hammock ends.

Hammocks are a bit of a rarity in the UK, but I would urge you to try them out they are incredibly relaxing. You don't need trees to tie them to. I have driven 4x4 fence posts into the garden and they have been there for a number of years. You could get away with 3x3, but they may flex and need some bracing. You just need to treat and check the timber from time to time. Some hammocks need fixings on the posts, but the Friendly Swede hammock straps will grip and the more weight on them, the stronger the grip. I re-used my old hammock anchor points (steel eyelets) so you are not restricted to the straps.

They are quick and easy to set up and take down, take up a tiny amount of storage space compared to a sun bed. Because you don't have to heave out a load of heavy chairs and sun beds, you will find yourself inclined to use them quite often throughout the year. Unlike a sunbed, it is no big deal if it gets left out in the rain by accident and if it gets a bit sweaty it can be washed easily. The parachute hammock dries out quite quickly. Just be sure to dry it out thoroughly before packing it away in the pouch. The pouch is integrated into the hammock, so you will never loose it.

There is only one problem with the Friendly Swede hammock. It is very difficult to get out of, not because of any design flaw, but because it is just too comfortable and you won't want to get up, even for a cold beer!

Silicone 7 LED Bike Lights - Bundle of 2 Lights (Headlight and Tail Light) - Super Bright - Fits All Handlebars and Seatposts - Water and Shock Resistant - Instant Installation and Removal - Lifetime Warranty

5.0 out of 5 stars Illuminating, 16 July 2014

What you get is a front and rear light. No complicated brackets, no need for 6 pairs of hands to hold together a veritable puzzle of plastic arms and clamps and no need for an engineering degree assemble the whole ensemble to the bike. Just a good old no nonsense set of lights.

All you need to do is peel back the silicone skin and pop in 3 AAA batteries. The skin feels like it is going to tear, but it is very stretchy and is stronger that it feels. When the batteries are in, slip the skin back over the light and you are ready to fit the lights to the bike.

You will need to set a bit of time aside for fixing the lights to the bike. I would say give yourself at least 30 seconds! To fit the light find a suitable bar, sweep the silicone band around the bar and hook it back onto the light.

The lights are held on quite tight and the qualities of the silicone skin will help grip the bar. I took my bike (no suspension) out onto some rough ground and rode around until my vision blurred and my teeth started to rattle. The rear light was vertically mounted and stayed firmly in place. The front light was horizontally mounted and this did shake around a little so that it dropped by a few degrees. In fairness I was riding around on very rough ground you wouldn't normally ride at night. On the street you shouldn't have any trouble with them shifting.

In terms of light there is ample for commuting around the city streets. You will see and be seen. The lights have a good arc thanks to the additional side mounted LEDs. However you will need to mount the lights horizontally to make use of this. I could only mount my rear light vertically and whilst the side LEDs lit up the floor and my bum, it still adds to the overall visibility.

The lights will withstand a shower, so to test it I gave the kids the task of hosing me down whilst riding around the garden (it was a hot day!). I got wetter than I normally would as the children thought it was great fun to soak me and the bike, but the lights continued to work and still do. They are also shock resistant, so I unclipped them from the bike whilst riding on the street. My back wheel caught the front light as it fell and went over it. This resulted in some cosmetic damage but it still worked perfectly as did the rear light which suffered no damage.

Fortunately UK law now allows flashing LED lights on push bikes and you can make full use of the modes that the lights have (steady, flashing and fast flashing).

Bottom line: A solid little set of highly effective lights. Whilst you may be limited on where you mount these lights, these limitations are offset by the ease of use, fitting and removal (to prevent theft).

[2 PACK] Premium Running Belts - Expandable & Water Resistant Pockets - Fits Most Phones - Adjustable and Stretchable Waistband - Bounce-Free Design - Durable and Lightweight - Lifetime Warranty (Blue + Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable exercise wear, 16 July 2014

It is great that The Friendly Swede send a pair out to you, so you will always have a spare if one ends up in the wash.

These belts are easily adjustable to fit your waist and as they have elasticated sections, they can give a comfortable fit without slipping down or strangling you. Once adjusted, the quick release buckle snaps shut and pops open with little fuss.

I don't run, but I do walk over a thousand miles a year with my dog and as such I always need to have a few items with me. In the winter it isn't a problem, I have a coat with lots of pockets, but come the summer time I want to go minimalistic. Not so easy to do when you have an ipod, money, keys, a phone and other pocket detritus with you. I did have a doggy rucksack, but my pooch was always running off with my money and buying ice-creams and making long distance calls with my phone, so I can't trust him now.

The Friendly Swede have come up trumps for me with this running belt. There are two expandable pockets, so you can spread any weight out evenly. They have a soft feel to them, so as long as you don't load them with sharp objects, they will be comfortable next to the skin. They can be worn on top of or under clothing and thus made discreet.

The compartments expand out to gobble up all the usual junk I carry when walking. Care needs to be taken when unzipping the belt or you could drop items, but there is enough of a lip to prevent this under most circumstances.

Not sure how to describe it, but the standard tooth design zip closes up to form something like a taped seam, so it keeps the water out (as does the rest of the belt) if you happen to get caught out in a shower. If you are not using Bluetooth earphones you can feed an earphone cable through the zip just before it closes and it will still be shower proof.

It is a great belt and is well constructed, big enough to hold your gear, slim enough not to be a hindrance.

Premium Portable Bike Pump - Fits Presta and Schrader Valves - Sturdy Aluminium Alloy Construction - Integrated Flexible Hose - Also Includes Frame Mounting Kit, Plastic Tire Lever Set, Aluminium Tapered Nozzle, Carrying Bag and 3 Inflating Needles - Lifetime Warranty

5.0 out of 5 stars High performance pump, 15 July 2014

The pump comes complete with a carry pouch, bike bracket, fixings, quick release strap plus spares, tyre levers and inflation adapters.

The bike bracket is a sturdy piece of plastic that you mount on the bottle fixings. If you have a cage already fitted, this simply sandwiches in-between, so you don't have to have 2 lots of fixing points. There is a rubber strap that hooks onto the bracket, loops around and holds the pump firmly in place.

The tyre levers are strong enough to get a deflated tyre off the rim without risk of snapping or bending and the spoke hooks assist in holding the lever in place whilst you sit the other in. The lips are gently rounded so that you can work the lever around the tyre without it scraping the tyre rim.

The adapters will inflate most sports balls and beach or gym balls. Not something I have used, but they look and feel as good as any other I have used in the past. As with all needle adapters it is advisable to moisten the needle to aid insertion.

The pump is a telescopic design that is light weight, yet strong. The flexible delivery tube is tucked up inside, so you never loose it. To switch from Schrader to Presta valves, there is no messing about with swapping parts around, or turning valve assemblies inside out. You simply give the end of the delivery tube a twist, extend it out and you have converted it. When you are done, everything tucks away into the tube and reposition the dust cover.

Performance of the pump is good. My bike has Hybrid tyres that need to inflate to 75 psi. I completely deflated the tyre and used the pump to inflate it again. Very quickly I was able to get the tyre back to a pressure where I could ride the bike safely. Getting to the higher end of the tyre pressure took a bit of work, but that is to be expected.

On a rough ride, the pump was held firmly in place with no rattles or knocking. When I got home the pump was still in-situ, so you can be assured you are not going to lose it on a ride.

A few points to note:
1. When clamping the pump make sure that both halves are in the clamp area with the strap over both, just to ensure that the pump doesn't shake open as you are riding.
2. In the telescopic section there is a black plastic screw cap. Check this is (finger) tight before pumping so that you don't accidentally pull the whole thing apart. I haven't had mine work loose, but it is worth checking before use.
3. Periodically unscrew the aforementioned plastic screw cap and use a light oil to keep the parts moving smoothly. Don't use a petroleum based oil like WD40 as this could damage the rubber seals. A plastic / rubber friendly silicone oil is probably a good one to use.

Bottom line - A high performance pump which is in keeping with the range and quality of out door products from the Friendly Swede and this is backed up with a lifetime warranty.

OXA® Portable Business Elektronische Erfassung Smartpen Pen, 8 GB USB-Memory-LCD Voice Recorder Pen Klassische Multifunktions-Digital Pen, Built-in Lithium-Batterie, Stereo Audio Recorder Voice-Pen mehrere Formate (Multi-Funktion: MP3 Wiedergabe, FM-Radio, Recorder, Festplatte u , Pen) (Schwarz (1 pen))

5.0 out of 5 stars Gadget fans delight, 14 July 2014
I received one of these direct from the company to try out. They have not asked for or suggested that I write a favourable review, they have left me to write what I want good or bad. As far as I am aware this is the same as the retail item.

If you are, or have a gadget freak for a friend and you are looking to buy him or her a gift, then this is a safe bet. The concept may seem a bit outdated now, but it is a neat and stylish gadget.

In the box you get a fairly decent storage tin and within this you get the pen, earphones, 2 spare refills and a set of well written instructions, although being a bloke I immediately threw them to one side. I was expecting something cheap and nasty, what I got was a nicely polished pen, that has a look and feel of quality.

A simple twist on the base of the pen and the biro swings smoothly into place. As a biro it is pretty good. I didn't have to scribble on paper beforehand, it worked on the first stroke. The ink was clean, no smudges or blobs of ink and it was smooth to write with. The weight of the electronics tends to throw the balance a bit, but you are hardly going to be writing your memoirs with this.

Mid way along you unscrew the base from the electronics to expose the USB standard plug. Pop this into the computer and it gets picked up as quickly as any other pen drive. It comes preloaded with 2 mp3 songs. I have no idea who the artists are, but I have to say the samples songs are quite pleasant. You can either use this for data storage or you can copy mp3 songs directly onto it. I only have mp3 formats, so I cannot say for sure what other codecs are installed. If you are copying songs to it you can organise them into folders, but this can be a bit tricky to navigate later.

Further up the pen you have the buttons and display and at the top you have the earphone socket and on/off switch. The buttons are small, but they have a positive feel to them when pressing them. They are functional in that short or long presses can have different effects. Navigating the menus and setting the time is a bit tricky and if I had read the manual then it probably would have been easier! You can set the time and date, volume to switch on with and move between recorder, radio, music player.

The radio has an auto scan, but being a small device, reception is not going to be great, so don't expect a full range of BBC and commercial stations. I managed to get 8 stations (as usual 1 of them was classic FM!). The clarity of the best stations was surprisingly good. The weaker stations had some hiss, but they were bearable.

The MP3 player gave very good sound, I put Gnarls Berkley - Crazy on and there was a nice thump, thump, thump when it started up. Also tried David Guetta - Titanium and that had an equally good base beat to it (both recordings were 320kbps 44,000kHz). If you have put music in folders then you will have to navigate to the folder which can be a bit fiddly. I found it easier to just lump all songs into one folder.

The voice recorder was OK, speaking in proximity to it gave clear playback, but further away or with noisy backgrounds gave mixed results. It is more for taking your own notes than recording a chat session.

The display is clear and bright behind a plastic window that acts as a magnifier. As a result, you may have to roll it back and forth to see the top and bottom of the display. Not a huge problem.

The battery life is pretty good and there is an indicator in the display. I have had a few hours out of it and still going strong. I can't yet say how long it will last as I never let anything run flat and the battery is new so may not have its full potential yet. To charge up simply plug into a USB port.

The earphones have a cheap feel and this is deceiving as the sound reproduction was surprisingly good. I thought I would plug my own in and this is where I found about the only real negative point. The socket is smaller than the standard 3.5mm. This means that you are either stuck with the supplied earphones, have to source a particular size or obtain an adaptor. Whilst the sound of the supplied earphones are good, they are not particularly comfortable for long term wearing.

Bottom line, if you want an all in one mp3 player with recording, radio and data storage that clips into a pocket and comes in handy as an emergency biro then it is a good buy at a reasonable price (currently 26 GBP).

(Double USB Outputs) OXA® 7800mAh 5V 3A Dual USB Portable External Battery Power Bank With High Light LED Flashlight

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid and robust, 14 July 2014

OXA have produced a range of portable charging devices for pretty much any mobile phone, tablet, e-book reader etc. The only thing you have to work out is how much power do you need.

This one is a good balance between physical size and capacity. It is powerful enough to charge most smart phones several times from a flat battery to full capacity and can top up charge dozens of times.

The body is neat and compact with the edges rounded off smoothly. It comes with a built n LED light which isn't going to light your way home at night, but an help in an emergency black out.

It has 2 usb Ports (1A and 2A) which is enough power to suit the most power hungry devices and pretty much any smart phone. T help you there is a USB lead with interchangeable adaptors. The micro-USB one can be reversed to allow you to charge the power pack itself. If the adaptor isn't suitable for your phone of device, then you can use your own USB charging cable.

Bottom Line: small, pocket size, nicely designed with 2 USB ports and comfortable to hold. Plenty of power and has a built in torch. All for a reasonable price.

(Samsung Zelle; Eingebaute Intelligente LED-Anzeige) OXA Tragbarer 10000mAh Dual USB Externer Akku Powerbank Ladegerät Power bank Tragbares Akku Tragbares Ladegerät, Notfall Ladegerät Handy für Apple iPhone 5, 4S, 4, 3, iPad 4, 3, 2, Mini, iPods, Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, Note 1, 2, 3; HTC One X, One S, Sensation G14, EVO, Desire HD S Z, Sensations G14 XE XL, EVO, Thunderbolt, Incredible, Droid DNA; Motorola ATRIX, Droid; Nexus; Google Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10; LG Optimus; PS Vita, GoPro; Nokia N9 Lumia 920 900 / Blackberry Z10 Bold 8520 9900 9300 9360 / Sony Xperia Z Ericsson Xperia X10 X8 Arc; ZTE; T-mobile, Verizon, ATT [Farbe: Schwarz]

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Power, 14 July 2014

In the box you get a lead and set of interchangeable plugs, a storage pouch and the power bank.

LEAD & PLUGS - The lead has a standard USB plug on one end and a socket on the other that will take one of the plugs. The plugs are a range of plugs to fit an iPhone 4s and below, iPhone 5 and above, microUSB to fit a range of android devices and a USB-a that fits some of the older phones and Navigation devices. If you attach the microUSB plug, then the lead becomes the charging cable for the power bank. The problem with iPhones is that they can be a bit fussy over the type of cable you use. The supplied plug was a little stiff to get in, but worked fine on my 4s. As did the other plugs on an HTC Desire, Kindle Touch and it powered up an external 2.5" drive. I couldn't test the iPhone 5 plug as I don't have one. The plugs are really incidental and a convenience, I still use my original cables where I can and there is nothing to stop you using your own USB charging cable.

POUCH - The storage pouch was a nice touch, soft on the outside, soft on the inside. There is enough room to take the power bank an the supplied lead and plugs and you could probably squeeze another lead in if you needed to.

POWER BANK - This power bank is solid block of highly polished plastic. It is completely sealed and the bonds are tight, so there is no danger of it breaking apart. on the side is a power button to turn the unit on and off, although it will power down if there is nothing attached and automatically power up when a device is attached for charging. A double tap of the power button will switch on an LED torch on the opposite edge. A nice little edition and there is a modest amount of light for a single LED. There is an LCD panel that is clear and easy to read. You are informed of how much % charge is left, which port is currently occupied (like you need to be told!) and if the unit is receiving a charge (flashes "IN"). The LCD panel will light up temporarily on a quick push of the power button or when a lead that effects the charge is plugged in or removed.

Well this is all well and good, but how well does it perform?
The Amazon item indicates that the battery is x times bigger than this phone or that phone, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will will last that many times more. That being said, from a full charge I was able to charge my iPhone 5 times (each time the phone was around 25% capacity, with one top-up at 80%), I charged up a TomTom Go720 from almost flat, a Kindle Touch from about 60% capacity and I was still left with 15%, which is probably enough to charge the iPhone again. Of course this will vary depending upon the device, condition of the battery being charged, ambient temperature and starting capacity.

The 2 USB ports enable 2 devices to be charged at the same time, but one port is more powerful than the other (1.0A and 2.1A). All of my devices charged off either port including the fussy iPhone. I can only conclude that the more powerful port will give a faster charge time, but I didn't manage to run a comparative test on this. I would guess that larger devices would need the more powerful port.

To charge the unit up, you can plug it into any standard USB port even low power ports as it only requires 1.0A. Charge time can vary, I used a mains powered 5v 1.0A port. I started mine when it was at 1% when I went to bed and in the morning (8 Hours) it was at 100%. I would guess if you have a fast charge port, it will be done in a lot less time.

If I was forced to find some negatives I would be struggling, but I would go with:
The USB ports are marked to show which is 1.0A and 2.1A, but it is difficult to read. That being said, the LCD panel will tell you which port is active when you plug in a device.
The high polished surface shows up every finger print and smudge.

This is a good piece of kit and would be ideal when out camping and away from power. Trekking and heavily using your phone with a danger of it running flat. When you want reassurance that you have a back up battery with you

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20