Profile for SBno1 > Reviews

Content by SBno1
Top Reviewer Ranking: 213
Helpful Votes: 2068

SBno1
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Precept Plus Canine Foundation, 3 Kg
Precept Plus Canine Foundation, 3 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Eaten, enjoyed and no ill effects shown., 23 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This food is marketed at moderately active dogs which suits my one dog fine as she is starting to slow down a bit as she is getting older. The glucosamine and chondroitin should help with her joints and bones. She seems satisfied with it and manages to eat the food with the same enthusiasm she has shown other foods. She is a small dog and the pieces are maybe a touch on the large side for her, but that being said, she cannot wolf the food down and has to crunch it up. That is probably a plus point for her teeth.

The food doesn't smell strong, the size of the food is uniform, it is dry and hard, but easily chewed up.

She hasn't showed any problems with eating the food and her stools are all normal shape and consistency. Her energy levels are pretty much the same since she has been eating this food.

My other dog is much more energetic and is on a different diet, unfortunately he won't eat his food now that the other dog has something different - it's like having a bunch of kids in the house!

KooPower 100 LEDs 10M String Fairy Lights White for Christmas Tree Party Wedding Events (8 Operation Modes)
Offered by Golden Battery

5.0 out of 5 stars Good set of party or tree lights, 19 Oct 2014
Length:: 0:33 Mins

I received one of these direct from the company to try out. They have not asked for or suggested that I write a favourable review, they have only requested that I leave an honest review. As far as I am aware this item is identical to the retail product.

Ref the video; the auto white balance of the camera takes some of the shine off these lights. The video is just to demonstrate the light sequences.

I have 2 sets of these lights. They are identical except in the colour of the light. This set has a colour temperature of white (I would guess around 3000-3600 kelvin). If you prefer a warmer white light there is a set at around 2700-3000 kelvin) CLICK HERE

There is a good lead length from the plug to control box (around 2m). The control is a small white box with a single push button that cycles through the different modes. There are 8 modes to choose from as per product description. There is a nice positive click as you cycle through the modes.

The modes of flashing are very well chosen and there should be something to suit most occasions. The light they LEDs give off are nice and bright and will bring a sparkle of life to your room, party or event. As they are such a long length of lights they would also brighten up a function room. The LEDs do not get hot and have a low power consumption.

These are advertised as spray proof, so I wouldn't like to chance these as outdoor lights that are being left up. My advice would be to keep these indoors, or at least bring them indoors when your garden party etc is finished.

These are a delightful set of lights and sure to be a hit at Christmas, but they are also handy for parties and other functions throughout the year.

KooPower 10M 100 LEDs Christmas Party Garden LED String Fairy Lights Warm White
KooPower 10M 100 LEDs Christmas Party Garden LED String Fairy Lights Warm White
Offered by Golden Battery

5.0 out of 5 stars Good set of party or tree lights, 19 Oct 2014
Video to follow when vetted by Amazon

I have 2 sets of these lights. They are identical except in the colour of the light. This set has a colour temperature of warm white (I would guess around 2700-3000 kelvin). If you prefer a whiter light there is a set at around 3000-3600 kelvin) CLICK HERE

ESSENTIAL FOODS Nautical Living Dog Food
ESSENTIAL FOODS Nautical Living Dog Food

5.0 out of 5 stars Fishy goodness, 18 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My dog is very active and we walk over 1000 miles a year so the idea of having a food that sustains his blood sugar is quite appealing as some walks he is dragging behind and on other times we get home and he is tearing around the garden like we haven't been out for a walk in a month.

I can't say I have seen a difference in this behaviour, but I put some of this down to his unusual eating habits and that our walks are not consistent (different time of day and lengths). Regardless of the food I use, he will have days of grazing and nibbling and then days of wolfing the food down and asking for more. I am sure that this is not what the makers of this food anticipated.

My dogs unusual peaks and troughs of energy aside. He has taken quite well to this food, I have been trying different ones this year with varying results, but this one seems to have been a hit from the start. His eating habits haven't changed and neither has his appetite, so that was pleasing for me. The pieces are a good button size so he has to crunch them up which is supposed to be good for his teeth.

The smell is very fishy, but not unpleasant and the ingredients are a good mix of fish and vegetables. There is also glucosamine and chondroitin in the mix, which I am led to believe is good for joint care.

There has been no detrimental effect on the dogs mood or behaviour. There has been no sickness and his stools are normally formed and of the right consistency. He likes it, so do I.

AVANTEK Digital Kitchen Scale, 11 lb / 5 kg Capacity, 0.05 lb / 1 g Accuracy & Ultra Slim Design

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice addition to a modern kitchen, 18 Oct 2014

This is a sleek looking set of scales. They are very slim and discreet and will look at home in any modern kitchen. It is housed in a highly polished black plastic base with a good sized plate that will take a good range of household mixing bowls. The plate is a tempered glass with soft beveled edges and gentle curved corners. It will take up to 5kg of ingredients (and bowl) and will show you measurements in grams (in 1g increments), pounds and ounces (in 0.05oz increments) and water millilitres (in 1ml increments). The mode and tare buttons are the touch type and are sensitive enough for a gentle touch so as not to disturb any weighing.

Power is via 4x AAA batteries (not supplied), they are easily fitted into the base plate. When powered up the LCD display is easy to read with large digits and the display will also warn of a low battery status.

I have a few test weights of 1g, 100g and 1kg with all showing correct weights. I would expect household scales to have a small degree of inaccuracy as things like temperature, humidity, altitude and other environmental factors interfere with the measurement. No doubt if I repeat the tests I will get a small amount of fluctuation. I was very happy with these results and think that they are more than good enough for kitchen use.

I only have one very minor observation and that is that the LCD display does not have a back light. It is still quite easy to read the display, even in a dim room, but a back light would be better for those with poor eyesight.

They come well packaged and would make for an ideal gift. A winner in my book.

PLEMO Green Fantasy Automatic Folding Travel Umbrella
PLEMO Green Fantasy Automatic Folding Travel Umbrella

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring a little cheer to a dull day, 18 Oct 2014

I received this multi tone green umbrella and a rainbow one, the wife loved the rainbow one, whereas I thought the green one was just as nice, but I am far to manly to want to walk around in public with it. However, I promised to review it and so I took it out when we went for a walk. I have to say that on a dull rainy day it was good to have a bright object to help other people see you when you are walking along. It was quite cheerful and it did raise a smile. As with the rainbow brolly, water beads off the fabric as you would expect and there were no leaks. The wind wasn't particularly strong, but I am confident they will hold up to a good gust. They are comfortable to hold and as they are light weight they don't make your arm ache after you have been holding it for a while. The colour isn't quite me, so my wife has nabbed this one too and is keeping it in the car as a back up.

The umbrella frame is sturdy with the fabric stitched on firmly. The frame is a mix of traditional metal arms with some additional plastic bars to give it strength. It opens up fully at the press of a button and pressing the button again collapses the frame, you just need to squeeze the telescopic rod to fully close it again. The first few occasions will be a little stiff and will need a gentle shake to get the fabric to separate, but after a few tries it works effortlessly. The automatic opening and closing is ideal for getting in and out of a car. You don't have to fold it down whilst you are outside getting drenched, just sit in the car, press the button and you are done. They come with a sleeve for storage (when dry), it is a bit tricky to get the sleeve back on, but if you pull the pleats out and gently twist the umbrella in your hand it will roll up nicely until you can put the velcro tag on to keep it closed.

There is a range of bright and cheery colours to choose from and I think that they would make for great gift ideas.

PLEMO Rainbow Automatic Folding Travel Umbrella
PLEMO Rainbow Automatic Folding Travel Umbrella

5.0 out of 5 stars A cheerful rainbow on a rainy day, 18 Oct 2014

This was an instant hit in my household and my wife laid claim to it straight away. It is such a bright and cheerful umbrella and the waved edging finishes it off beautifully. It is so much different to the hum drum brolly's you normally see. A huge bonus too if you are looking for your wife in a sea of umbrellas on a dreary rainy day. This one really stands out in the crowd. We took 2 of these umbrellas out today and gave them a test drive when walking the dogs. Water beads off the fabric as you would expect and there were no leaks. The wind wasn't particularly strong, but I am confident they will hold up to a good gust. They are comfortable to hold and as they are light weight they don't make your arm ache after you have been holding it for a while.

If you are looking for gift ideas then look no further, these are sure to please people

Zyliss 5-Piece Knife Block Set, Black
Zyliss 5-Piece Knife Block Set, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautifully crafted set of knives, 17 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A few years ago I bought a knife block from a super market. Initially, The blades were quite thick which I though was a good thing. I didn't see this a problem until I started to get into cooking. I found the thicker metal back was acting like a wedge when cutting things like a swede. The knife would jam and it was a bit dangerous to pull it free or to put hand pressure near the point to drive it through.

These knifes have a thinner blade, but at the same time they are rigid. They cutting edges are extremely sharp and look like they will keep an edge for some time. The handles are comfortable to hold and work with and the larger knives have raised edges to prevent slipping onto the blade (or maybe that is just the way they are). When they say these are perfectly weighted, they mean it. The tang runs right through and so there is no chance of the handle falling off. The knifes are sold as dishwasher safe, but recommend hand washing.

As you draw the knife from the block there is a distinct ring to it and you feel like King Arthur! The wooden block is a heavy old lump of polished wood with soft feet to prevent sliding and scratching.

A beautifully crafted set of knives in a block that would look at home in pretty much any style of kitchen

Foxnovo® FP10 10400mAh Lithium Polymer Ultra-thin Aluminum Alloy Dual-Port Backup External Battery Chargers Power Bank Charger for iPhone 6, 5S 5, 4S 4, iPod, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad 4 3 2, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 Note 4 Note 3 Tab 2, Sony, HTC, Blackberry and Most USB Devices (Silver)
Offered by FoxnovoStore

5.0 out of 5 stars A stylish and robust battery pack, 17 Oct 2014

In the box you get the battery pack, a pouch and a multi-head USB cable.

The USB cable I had has 4 heads to charge different devices (Amazon photo shows 3 heads). The heads are the old and new iPhone connectors, micro-usb and the connector that is part microUSB and part additional power (I really should look up their names!). This USB cable can be used to charge up the pack using the micro-USB connector and of course it can be used to charge different devices. If you have your own USB lead, then you can always use that. The lead is not particularly long which is not a problem if you are charging the pack when next to a computer, but if using a mains powered USB charger, then you may need a longer lead. I simply used the lead that came with my kindle.

The pouch is nice and soft with an outer pocket for the lead and the inner soft lined pouch holds the pack in place via a ball like button and loop.

The battery pack has a good solid weighty feel to it with a nice metal case with a matt finish. The front panel houses the centrally mounted power button that has a positive click on (auto power off). Also centrally mounted is the micro-USB charging port. Either side you have a 1.0A and a 2.1A USB port. The latter is obviously for those power hungry devices and tablets. Also built in to the front bezel are 4 small LED blue lights that show the current state of charge.

To test this I threw a variety of devices at it just to see if they showed a charge, all did. I tried a TomTom Go720, Kindle touch, kindle keyboard, HTC desire, HTC one, Samsung Galaxy S5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5c, Asus tablet, Nexus 7 tablet and for good measure I plugged in my Christmas USB fairy lights. Both sockets supplied a good charge. I did cheat and put 2 devices on the multi-head and one in the other socket. I wouldn't recommend it though as you could be overloading the pack and if you exceed the overall capacity then devices may not charge.

The 10400 mAh is a beefy supply and will give you several charges depending on what you throw at it. Charge times will also depend on which socket you use. From a full charge I was able to charge my flat Samsung S5 twice with several top up charges and a full charge on my Kindle and there was still 1 LED light showing. I haven't been able to catch how long the pack takes to charge. I put it on when flat and didn't get to check it until I returned to the house after work. It was full when I got home. The metal casing does a good job at dissipating heat and I never felt the pack get anything hotter than a bit toasty.

This is a cracking little device and I have used it on a long isolated hike where I used the phone to track my walk and play music. I can get through a big chunk of charge and this gives me the piece of mind that should anything happen to me, I won't be short of a charge on my phone to call for help should the need arise. This is also going to came in handy for weekend camping. If you are likely to be going on a long distance trip on a plane or train, then you can use the phone to watch a film or listen to music and still be assured of a full charge when arriving at your destination.

Leitz WOW Click & Store A4 Storage Box (Pink) - ref 60440023
Leitz WOW Click & Store A4 Storage Box (Pink) - ref 60440023
Offered by Shoplet-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and strong box., 16 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What a handy and attractive looking box. This is a very sturdy cardboard box that is coated in a plastic layer. The moving folds look to be reinforced with a tape and the whole thing fixes together with press studs. The handles are metal and riveted into the box. The whole thing folds flat into the lid for storing flat and can be reassembled in just a few seconds.

If you want a storage box that is going to be n display they this is an ideal solution. For general office storage I would say that this would not be cost effective as plain boxes would do the trick, but for households with a home office or play rooms then the expense is worth it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20