Profile for SBno1 > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 102

SBno1
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
iNeibo Kitchen Silicone Popsicle Mold - Set Of 6 Tubes - Food Grade, BPA Free - Make Healthy Food For Your Kids
Offered by Keisound-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Summer fun starts here, 21 April 2015
I received one of these direct from the company to try out. They have not asked for or suggested that I write a favourable review, they have only requested that I leave an honest review. As far as I am aware this is identical to the retail item.

This is a great way of making some "calipso" style refreshing lolipops. Just fill them with a juicy drink and pop the lid on and then leave them in the freezer for a few hours.

They will need a wash before first use, but other than that there is no othe prep work required. Being silicone they don't have a plastic smell or taste and are good to go from the start. Don't overfill them as the ice will expand and could push the lid off before fully frozen. I left about an 1 and a half inch gap which was fine. The lid fits on snuggly and is easy to remove when ready to eat. You don't need to keep them upright once the lid is on, they will stay sealed, but you do have to make sure nothing presses down on the container or it may pop open.

I put mine in a small deep baking tray on first use, just in case I did it wrong and they leaked, but they were all sealed fine.

What you put in them is up to you. You don't always know what shops put in their lollipops, but you will know exactly what is in yours and avoid some hyperactive children, high on E numbers!

Summer is on the way, grab a few packs and save yourself a fortune on shop bought lollipops. Or for the adult barbeques - frozen cocktails, though be mindful that the higher the alcohol content, the harder to freeze.

VETRA Focus Duffel Bag Club Team Medium Personal equipment bag M Black / Navy Blue Soccer Football Gym Basketball Tennis Travel Duffle Bags NEW (Black)
Offered by Sport-Items

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sports bag, 19 April 2015

A compact sports bag that will suit most sporting needs. I am not a big fan of long sports holdalls, which is why I like these dumpier kind. It is a deep bag with a double zip pull opening for quick access to your gear. Ample space to take shoes/boots, towel, toiletries bag, kit and a clean change of clothes. One end pocket is fully closed with the other end pocket being partially vented with mesh to help air out any damp items. The base is a water resistant material which is just as well in a wet changing room floor. The remaining material is a tough tear resistant fabric like the type found on rucksacks.

The bag can easily be turned inside out for sponging down and drying out if you have put dirty boots in there. There is a removable, adjustable shoulder strap which is padded for comfort and the carry handles come together with a padded handle so it doesn't cut into your hands.

Good quality sports bag that can also be used as luggage for a weekend away.

Cashew By Egoz Travel Gear Money Belt Undercover Waist Bag Pouch Bag Secures Cash Cards Passport Tickets Mobile - 100% Polyester, 2 Zip Pockets, Adjustable Strap, Side Clip, Washable - Light Slim Comfortable - Delux (Black)
Offered by Sport-Items

5.0 out of 5 stars Carry your cash safely, 19 April 2015

I have to be honest, I haven't used this for travelling, but I have used it to carry my mobile phone and company key card when I go out running in the lunch time.

My phone is too big for any running armband I have seen and running around with a big smartphone in your pocket is not a comfortable experience. I gave this running belt a try and it has been ideal for me. The big rear pouch easily takes the phone and the smaller front pouch takes my key card so I can get back into the office after my run. The adjustable elesticated band could do with being a little thicker, but it takes the weight and is comfortable enough. When I am running it doesn't bounce around too much as it is low down on my waist. Now I always have my phone to hand just in case of emergencies.

The material is sturdy and looks to be tear resistant. It is comfortable and soft next to the skin although I would recommend it being on top of any underclothing so to minimise any sweat or heat build-up. There is a fair bit of space available, so for travellers it is a great way of keeping cash, cards, passports etc in a safe place. It would be a bit trickier for pickpockets to access this pouch as they would have to lift your shirt up first!

I will definitely be taking this away with me when I am on holiday next.

Science in Sport 60 ml Energy Gel Variety - Pack of 7
Science in Sport 60 ml Energy Gel Variety - Pack of 7
Offered by Pure Source Nutrition

5.0 out of 5 stars A light way to carry a big energy boost, 19 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the first time I have tried gels, normally I don't think about energy boosts prior to running as I am not running competitively.

The first time I tried this gel I was a bit put off by the texture. The taste wasn't particularly strong and it felt like I was eating something slimy and snotty, but by the third pack I wasn't thinking that way and didn't pay it any mind. Simply tear off the top and squeeze the contents into your mouth and swallow. It is easy to consume and as it isn't a large volume it doesn't feel like you have a belly full of fluid to have to run around with.

I can't say this has improved my running times as I am not into timing them. However, I have felt that little less tired after the run. It had never occurred to me that the lunch time run had sapped a big chunk of energy that needed to be replaced. This gel seems to have been a great way of giving me the boost I needed prior to running and so maintaining a good energy level throughout. I also felt a bit less sapped throughout the run.

I definitely felt some benefit to these. You can consume a pack every 20 mins and if you are into long distance running this is a good way of carrying a supply of quick release energy. With some energy drinks you could be taking in larger volumes of fluid than what is needed just to get the energy you need. Whilst it is good to re-hydrate, there is nothing worse than a load of water sloshing around inside you. The gel is fluid enough to swallow even with a dry mouth and seems to be absorbed quite quickly. You can then carry on sipping water as you need it.

Bottom line: does the job promised, but I wasn't fussed on the taste or texture.

Einhell TE-AG 18 Li solo Power X-Change 18V Lithium 115mm Cordless Angle Grinder

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as any mains grinder....maybe a bit better., 14 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you don't already have an Einhell device you will need to buy a battery and charger. You are looking at around low £50 mark for a lower powered battery, but it is only a few £ more for a slightly higher capacity battery, so it makes sense to go with the higher capacity. I have the drill and the battery is fully interchangeable.

Some assembly is required. I don't know why I mention this because if your weren't a keen DIYer, you probably wouldn't be buying this, so sticking the handle and shield on will pose you no problem!

This is a very robust machine and a heavy little chunk. The battery offers a little counterbalance in the hand - depending on how you are holding it. When I have used my mains grinder there is a massive jolt on start up which twists the grinder in the hand. This isn't so much of a problem when rough cutting, but can be a pain with some masonry work. This one however, has a softer start and so I can pretty much line the grinder up where I want it to start cutting and it doesn't jump out of line too much. The spin and torque are pretty much as strong as my mains powered and I can't really say that a battery operated version is weaker. It make easy work out of masonry and grinding a few bolts down below surface level. Not had to cut metal yet, but I don't anticipate that it will be a problem.

It isn't much different in terms of noise and mess than a mains grinder, but it is a lot more portable and is just a lot easier to get around the garden to where I need it. As with other mains grinders it will take the standard 115mm disks. I have been using Clark discs from Machine Mart and they work just fine. The 3 position handle is as easy to alter as the mains grinder I have and is pretty standard.

The power button is a little safer than my mains in that you have to slide it across before sliding it down to power up, then just a light touch to the switch causes it to spring back. I will advise that you check this regularly. I was cutting a lot of pressed slabs and loads of dust and grit flew off which started to clog the switch. It still powered down, but not as slick. It just needed a bit of an air blast and some light silicone grease to clean it up.

It makes so much sense to have a range of tools that all take the same removable battery. This doesn't have a case, which for me was no drama as I have individual boxes for different tools and tasks, but could be a pain if you don't have some storage.

Internet Speed Tester
Internet Speed Tester

1.0 out of 5 stars a bit pants, 12 April 2015
This review is from: Internet Speed Tester (App)
Never seems to want to work. A few times I have hit start the button greys out, but the app just sits there. I did manage to get a ping reading a few times, but nothing more than that. It just hangs.

I have since installed Ookla's app from the play store. It's far more reliable, has a good history and like this, it is free.

Nice try, but it needs improvement before I can give it a better star rating

Cheat Codes For GTA 5
Cheat Codes For GTA 5

5.0 out of 5 stars For those times when you need something fast, 12 April 2015
This review is from: Cheat Codes For GTA 5 (App)
I don't normally cheat in a game until I have finished it. When I have completed it, it just makes it a bit more fun to spawn a helicopter somewhere convenient when you are miles from the airport and you just don't want to drive there.

Codes are easy enough to follow and the ones I have used have all worked as promised. Sure you can get all the cheats on-line, but having them on your phone is just a bit more convenient for me.

XCSOURCE® Original Magic YoYo N11 Aluminum Professional Yo-Yo Toys+5xStrings+Glove (Blue T6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome fun, 9 April 2015

I haven't played with a yoyo for a number of years and I was never that good! When this turned up I came to realise that the yoyos I had as a kid were rubbish compared to this little piece of engineering.

It is a wide butterfly with thick solid outer rims which round off to the centre spindle. It is a shade over 40mm wide with about 25mm of string catchment (where the bevelling to spindle starts). It is just shy of 50mm in diameter and should fit comfortably in most hand sizes. It has a nice weight to it and seems to be well balanced. When rolling it on a flat surface it travels very smoothly and on a fast spin there doesn't seem to be any wheel wobble affecting it. The spindle is a soft smooth concave as opposed to a flat pin joining the 2 halves.

The box comes with an assortment of strings or different colours and there is even a 3 finger soft glove. The glove is for a small hand, it wouldn't fit me, but it did fit my nephew although he doesn't wear it when playing with the yoyo.

It is a great yoyo and for young children it can improve their hand to eye co-ordination, motor skills and concentration. My nephew has been looking up different tricks online and is diligently practising them. For me; all I can remember is to spin it down and flick it back up! If you have never used a yoyo before or have only had a very basic one then it may take some getting used to, but that is all part of the fun and learning.

If you are looking for gift ideas for children or fun loving adults this would be a really good one to get - and it looks the business.
Comment Comment | Permalink

XCSOURCE® Original Magic YoYo T6 Aluminum Professional Yo-Yo Toys+5xStrings+Glove TH004

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome fun, 9 April 2015

Comment Comment | Permalink

XCSOURCE® Professional Makeup Brush Set 5PCS Eyebrow Shadow Blush Cosmetic Foundation Concealer Brush Tool Kit (Golden) MT072

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful set of brushes, 8 April 2015

This is a top quality set of make up brushes. They are comfortable to hold for both small and large hands. The bristles are bonded strongly into the handle and so they are not going to shed as you apply your make-up. The brushes are so soft that they glide across the skin like silk. The bristles are fine and thus help apply a very even layer of make-up on the face.

The Gold 5 piece pack I had came in a little clear pouch and contained all I really needed. I particularly liked the angled brush head. I haven't tried one like it before, but it makes sense to use one as the angle is much the same as the contact on the skin and so you get even pressure across the whole head.

An excellent set of brushes that would make an ideal addition to your make up box or for a gift for any age group. An easy 5 stars.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20