Profile for SBno1 > Reviews

Content by SBno1
Top Reviewer Ranking: 103

SBno1
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Philips Avent Classic+ Feeding Bottle SCF560/27 (125ml/4oz) x 2
Philips Avent Classic+ Feeding Bottle SCF560/27 (125ml/4oz) x 2

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 star bottles, 31 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have always liked and trusted Avent bottles and with our last baby we used them throughout. We did have a few bouts of colic, but that is to be expected from time to time, but I would say that the bottle did help. So I have no doubt that these will do as promised. They are easy to take apart and assemble. The wide mouth makes them easy to wash out and fill. They fit perfectly into the Avent microwave steriliser and bottle warmer. Caps are included to keep the teat sterile whilst moving the bottle around.

The baby has no problem feeding with these and so I am really happy with them.

Philips Avent Classic+  Blue Feeding Bottle SCF565/27 (260ml/9oz) x 2
Philips Avent Classic+ Blue Feeding Bottle SCF565/27 (260ml/9oz) x 2
Offered by Nina Trading Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 star bottles, 31 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

The baby has no problem feeding with these and so I am really happy with them. The colour is a little nice bonus too.

Wahl Close Cut Hair Clipper
Wahl Close Cut Hair Clipper

5.0 out of 5 stars Bald without being bald, 31 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A good solid and chunky clipper. It feels good in the hand and is comfortable to hold. They are fairly quiet and do not vibrate to badly when holding them. The blades are sharp and power through hair, but you will need to slow down a bit if going through thicker hair or risk dragging.

The come in a storage box with 4 combs, so these are not just for the "down to the wood" hair cuts. Obviously the big selling point about these is the closeness of the cutting on the blades. I can confirm that if your are going for it with these, you are going to get almost bald. If you want to get as close as you possibly can without shaving, then these are going to get that easily for you. However, they can also be used for other length cuts, so you decide later that you don't want to get almost bald, then you can just pop on a bigger comb

Beurer KS54 Stainless Steel Bowl Kitchen Scales
Beurer KS54 Stainless Steel Bowl Kitchen Scales

5.0 out of 5 stars A classy looking bowl, 30 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This set of scales certainly looks the business. Admittedly the build quality of the base doesn't feel as top quality as it looks, but the base isn't something that is going to get knocked around too much in the kitchen. The stainless steel bowl is a decent thickness and having deliberately dropped mine onto a tiled floor as a test I can say that it kept its shape. Mine has been in a dishwasher a few times now and doesn't show any signs of discolouring or spotting from the dishwasher salts. It is a good size and can be used for mixing ingredients as you add them, though I wouldn't recommend using metal mixing implements.

The measurements are accurate enough and when I put on a 100g and 1Kg test weight, both come up with the correct readings. I would expect a small degree of inaccuracy from kitchen scales, which is no major drama.

There is a room thermometer and timer function on the display, nice to have. I prefer to use my own timer as I am used to setting it, but it is there if you need it.

MaxiNutrition Promax Lean Definition Protein Shake Powder 765 g - Chocolate
MaxiNutrition Promax Lean Definition Protein Shake Powder 765 g - Chocolate

5.0 out of 5 stars palatable and benefivcial, 28 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I notice a few reviewers saying that the formula has changed and it isn't as good, but I can't make a comparison as I didn't try it before the re-brand. In some respects that is better as I am working off my own baseline.

I recently had a sample of the Progain Mass and Size, which I donated to a friend as I didn't want to bulk up and risk putting the wrong weight on. I have reached my weight level and I don't really want to go any higher so this one has much more appeal. The mass and size formula has about 500 calories and needs recommends a few servings per day with servings on rest days too. So if you are not going to be using up those calories it makes more sense to go with the leaner formula which has a lot less calories.

The mix of proteins in these formulas are chosen so as to be released fast and slow. I initially thought it would be OK for when I go to the gym after a late shift and let the protein work during the night. However, there is 80mg of caffeine in a serving and I don't like to take any after 6pm (a personal thing). 80mg isn't a huge amount and is less than 2 shots of espresso, but it is something to bear in mind if you are trying to limit your intake.

The taste isn't too bad, having tried the chocolate and strawberry samples I prefer the latter, but that is more preference than anything wrong with chocolate. I haven't had any digestive upsets with this and it is quite palatable, though I do take mine with milk. It shakes up well and dissolves easily without leaving lumps behind. I am feeling some benefits with this, not so burned out the next day, energy levels have not been effected and recovery rate is good. I have tried a few shakes trying to find one I can work with for and this one is becoming a favourite, but be prepared to switch around as you develop and reach goals. It will be some time before I can say it has had an impact on tone and growth, but with the other protein samples I tried from this range, they have delivered on their promises.

Boss Orange Made For Summer by Hugo Boss Eau de Toilette, 40ml
Boss Orange Made For Summer by Hugo Boss Eau de Toilette, 40ml
Offered by Perlago Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice fragrance, 26 July 2015
I am not one for describing scents, but this one is quite light and refreshing. I note the description says top notes of spearmint, but I can't detect that. This is a nice fragrance for afternoon and early evening. It isn't heavy or overpowering and I have always had compliments when I wear it.

The only very minor negative point is in the bottle itself. You have to push the base bottle up into the body with your thumb for the spray to come out and it is a bit awkward to do when holding the bottle upright. The first few sprays come out a bit too wet, but if you can push the bottom up faster it will come out in a better spray pattern.

MaxiNutrition Progain Mass and Size Protein Shake Powder 1.5 kg - Strawberry
MaxiNutrition Progain Mass and Size Protein Shake Powder 1.5 kg - Strawberry

5.0 out of 5 stars Good bulk up, 25 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am using the MaxiNutrition Promax Protein Shake as it is a leaner product, but a friend has had this off me as he is trying to put on mass and size, so it suits him more and he is seeing benefits from it. There is a slightly different regime in taking this and you are recommended to take this even on days where you are not training. I would suggest that if you are not training regularly then avoid this one and try a leaner version. You don't want to be putting on weight in the wrong way.

These are my friends observations:
Well packaged, sealed and comes with scoop.
Mixes well in my shaker and easy to drink with no bloating effects.
One downside I found is that it tastes very sweet (and I'm quite a sweet tooth). It becomes less noticeable the more you drink but at first it's a little difficult to adjust to.

I take these after every workout (5 times a week with a break on Wednesday and Sunday). The package recommends taking a shake in the day as well as after training. You are also advised to take this on the days you are not training, so it is just as well that it is a larger pack size as it will only last a few weeks. I am following the guidance to the letter and I can say with confidence that the effects are starting to show. I have been on this training regime for about 6 months with a decent rate of progress being made. With this I am starting to see the rate of increase is rising a little faster.

MaxiNutrition Promax Protein Shake Powder 840 g - Strawberry
MaxiNutrition Promax Protein Shake Powder 840 g - Strawberry

5.0 out of 5 stars Promotes quick recovery, 25 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
- Comes well packaged and sealed for security and freshness and with a good shelf life.
- Comes with a scoop. A lot of people saying it doesn't. It was buried in mine so if you don't see it, have a dig around.
- It mixes well in my shaker (I take mine with milk as a personal preference).
- It does taste of strawberries as it promises and is quite palatable.
- I don't feel full after taking this so it doesn't interfere with meal times.
- I tend to take this after a workout to aid my recovery. I am happy that it works as I feel less stiff in the joints and less lethargic when training the next day. I tend to go to the gym 5 times a week with a mixture of weights and circuits every day so this aids me well in my program.

Underworld: Awakening (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)
Underworld: Awakening (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)
Dvd ~ Kate Beckinsale
Offered by rsdvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome film, 22 July 2015
Loved this film. In fact I have loved the whole series. Whilst the theme of vampires fighting werewolves might be getting a little tiresome now, this version of events is far from worn out and is one I would be happy to revisit every few years. Kate Beckinsdale is the female version of Blade although she prefers to dispatch werewolves.

I would advise watching the other films first as there is a longer story to this, but it is a standalone film to a degree.

Blu-Ray picture quality is everything you can expect it to be, not some upscaled DVD, but clear and vivid. I don't have any fancy sound system, but the audio is very clear through my speakers, so I am sure it will be better piped through a sound bar

Dog Rocks Urine Patch Preventer
Dog Rocks Urine Patch Preventer

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, 22 July 2015
I had a lush weed free green lawn that I looked after and cared for and this was with a dog that urinated on the lawn for several years. Then came along our female pup (I hate the b**ch word) and suddenly brown patches start appearing where she urinates. So I picked these up at a local pet store and waited to see my garden get back to a lovely green colour again. I was expecting a few more patches to appear whilst it took effect and for the recently wet patches to turn brown, but after 6 months patches are still appearing despite my care. I think I can safely say that they have had zero effect, not even a reduction in patches.

Maybe it will be worth a try as they seem to have worked for some people, but don't hold your breath
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2015 12:11 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20