Profile for SBno1 > Reviews

Content by SBno1
Top Reviewer Ranking: 124

SBno1
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
HooToo®SuperSpeed USB 3.0 4-Port Hub (Bus-Powered, Built-in 40cm USB 3.0 Cable, Aluminium) - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Robust and durable, 31 Jan. 2015
I received one of these direct from the company to try out. They have not asked for or suggested that I write a favourable review, they have only requested that I leave an honest review. As far as I am aware this is identical to the retail item.

This is a compact little hub that has a well thought out build quality and design with a metal casing to add to the durability. The ports have sufficient space to allow the chunkiest of USB plugs to be fitted without crowding out the other ports.

In terms of use: I have had an array of USB 2.0 and 3.0 drives and external hard drives plugged into this. Along with these I have had my phone charging through it too. The imitations on all unpowered USB hubs is the power that is in the host port to start with. If you exceed this, then devices will drop out or just not get detected. So if you plug in 4 external hard disk drives that are power hungry, you may not get them all to work. That's not a fault on this hub, but as said, a limitation on the computers port. I had no problems with the different arrangements I plugged in, they all worked. Likewise, this worked on my MacBook and Linux box.

It does what it is designed to do and it does its job well. An easy 5 stars from me.

Ricoh Theta m15 Point and Shoot 360 Degree Digital Camera - White
Ricoh Theta m15 Point and Shoot 360 Degree Digital Camera - White

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs more development, 31 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Firstly I wasn't able to link this up to my Windows Phone, so I was at a disadvantage for functionality and setting up this camera.

This camera is really for a niche market. Shooting full 360 degree panoramic video and stills is not something the average user needs to do every day. I am a big fan of panoramic stills, so I was looking forward to getting my hands on this. I have to say I was disappointed with the results. The picture quality is something like you would get from an early camera phone. It is quite grainy and you have little to play with when processing the picture later on.

When you take a photo using the button, it captures your thumb in every shot, and because it is so close to the lens, it is spread out across the width of half the shot. That being said, it can be cropped or you can make the most out of a tripod and remote shutter release with an iPhone or Android. To be honest, I have had better results using the panoramic function on my Samsung NX2000 digital camera and it is cheaper.

The video function is also a bit odd. The video file you drag off the camera is 2 circular videos that are inverted. You have to do some post video processing to correct this, but to me, this defeats the object. I was expecting to get a simple correctly orientated video. So if you are expecting some instant results that isn't the case. You will need to download the software to correct the orientation.

The principle idea of this camera is brilliant, but it has a long way to go before it reaches value for money and usefulness. I am going to be sticking to a DSLR or compact and some stitching which is relatively easy to do. The video side of his is better than what I can achieve with a digital camera, but given the results, I would rather not bother.

Unless you absolutely need a camera like this, I just wouldn't bother. I certainly don't think it is worth the current £270 price tag

Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm Stain, Elusive
Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm Stain, Elusive

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, 30 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having tried the a Revlon lipstick recently and not been fussed on it, I wasn't expecting much from this, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Application is clean and easy. It softens and moistens my lips and unless I am pressing my lips repeatedly on a cup, it stays on my lips. The gentle kiss test on my husbands cheek was a pass, just a feint mark left behind. I have been out in the dry air with a cold wind and this has helped to protect my lips from drying out.

This particular colour is quite nice and subtle, but I guess that depends on skin tone other makeup and what you preference is.

Vanish Gold for Whites Oxi Action Stain Remover Powder 1.41 kg
Vanish Gold for Whites Oxi Action Stain Remover Powder 1.41 kg

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 30 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have a few light and white shirts that have started to get a dark line building up around the collar area. It fades when washed, but never really goes away. I put a scoop of this in with the wash and the marks have pretty much gone or at least noticeably better. I can't say that my white shirts are brighter now because they always looked pretty clean after a wash, but tide marks etc don't seem to build up now.

I had some items of rough wear that had old stains on them, these have improved, but not restored to their former glory. I also had a t-shirt that had some grease spots on it from cooking. These spots had been on the t-shirt for a few washes, they were still there even after following the pre-soak instructions. However, another t-shirt that had similar spots, but had not been washed since staining did have all the marks removed. My conclusion was that if the stains were particularly old and had been through a few washes, they were not likely to improve, but new marks treated before being washed were a lot more likely to be removed.

I am happy with this and would recommend keeping a tub of it for emergencies or for putting in with the wash on the occasions you want to spruce things up. There is no harm with it going in with every wash, but I am not sure you will see a great benefit from this.

EDIT: Just had to clean some rugby kit for the husband. His kit has come out a lot fresher than using washing powder alone.

Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick, Really Red 4.2 g
Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick, Really Red 4.2 g

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but not what I hoped for, 26 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This looked a lot brighter on the page than it actually is. I understand that the photo is only a representation and that the matte can take some of the vibrancy out of it, but it was a lot more subdued than I really expected. I guess if the representative picture was a little closer to the product, then I couldn't really complain too much.

In terms of daily use, it was OK, but eating and drinking takes its toll fairly quickly and I found that I had to reapply it more often than I have with other lipsticks in this price range. Other than that it was fine, I will probably use it again, but it won't be the first one I turn to.

It was easy enough to apply and didn't dry my lips out or have any other negative effects on them. If this was priced a little lower than the current £7 I would be inclined to perhaps give it an extra star, but I don't think it is worth 5 stars

Pets - Printable Amazon.co.uk Gift Card
Pets - Printable Amazon.co.uk Gift Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift idea, 26 Jan. 2015
Very quick and easy to set up. Delivery to my inbox was within minutes. The printed quality was very clear

Finish All in One Max Lemon Dishwasher Tablets (Pack of 74)
Finish All in One Max Lemon Dishwasher Tablets (Pack of 74)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleasing results, 26 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In the early days of my dishwasher I was using cheaper Finish tablets and the results were OK, but not great. I switched to a different all in one brand and I got the desired results, but still had some minor streaking. I remedied this by using some rinse aid on a low setting. When I had a pack of these for a trial I thought I have nothing to lose by giving them a try, but I wasn't expecting an improvement over my current set up.

I was pleasantly surprised. All crockery and glasses came out clean with no signs of streaking or residue. The tannin that was starting to build up in a few cups had gone. A baking tray that had been used for a roast chicken still had some baked in debris attached, but not as bad as my previous brand - second time through and it was gone. I can't be 100% sure, but I think that the dishes are a little drier than before which suggests the built ins rinse aid is working better than the one I used to add in.

So far I have done several washes and the tablets are doing very well. I don't need to use the rinse aid as I have done in the past and I am very pleased with the cleanliness of the dishes.

(I am using a 55 degree normal wash setting)

RAVPower® High Power Car Charger(24W/4.8A, 2 iSmart USB Port, Full Spead Charging for iPhone; iPad; iPod; Samsung Galaxy; Kindle; LG; Nexus; Motorola ; Blackberry; Nook; Bluetooth Speakers and Headsets; HTC One; External Batteries and More) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat, styish and practical, 26 Jan. 2015
I received one of these for review through Amazon courtesy of the seller. They have not asked for or suggested that I write a favourable review, they have only requested that I leave an honest review.

This is a very neat and compact USB charger that fits perfectly into a cigarette lighter socket to provide 2x 2.4A outputs. It doesn't stick out so it doesn't get in the way. It has a good quality feel to it and the polished plastic makes it look good too.

I was able to run a TomTom Go 720 and charge my Samsung Galaxy S5 on this whilst driving. Also charged a Kindle e-book and an iPhone 5c on this. there is plenty of output for even the most power hungry devices and good way of making sure you are always topped up when driving around.

The nose tip houses the fuse, so it has its own internal protection.

A final point to make, this runs off 12v or 24v. I am not able to test the 24v operation, but I do not doubt that this will be fine in a truck that uses 24v.

RAVPower® Xtreme 18200mAh External Battery Charger Power Bank (3 x USB Port, 4.9A output, LCD Screen, iSmart, Flashlight) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A beast of a power supply, 26 Jan. 2015

A solid lump of a battery. It has a matte finish case with a power button that when pressed lights up the LCD display and shows you the current percentage charge. A double tap on the power button lights up the front panel USB light. Not a bright light, but handy for emergencies I guess. The front panel has the micro-USB charging port and 3 USB sockets. The ports are rated at 1A, 1.5A and 2.4A. If you have a power hungry device you may need to plug it into the higher rated port to get a charge. You can charge 3 devices simultaneously as long as you don't exceed the total overall capacity.

The battery pack ships with 2 micro-USB cables either can be used to charge the battery pack or used to charge a compatible device. Any non micro-USB devices and you will have to supply the charging cable. The pack can be charged from a computer USB socket or a mains powered USB plug. Depending on the power output of the socket, will depend on how fast the pack charges up. I can't be sure how long this takes to charge from flat as I usually leave it on overnight and it has only been flat once.

Of the battery packs I have reviewed thus far, this has to be the biggest in terms of size and charge capacity. A whopping 18,200mAh enough to run pretty much any USB device you can throw at it, and I threw a lot at it. I took this into my office where we are all gadget freaks. First test was to see if it could charge an array of devices and tablets. The iPhones, iPads and mixture of Apple and Android devices were charged. Next came Kindle e-books, TomTom navigator, a set of Christmas tree lights, a cup warmer and a USB desk lamp. All of which either showed a charge or with the USB toys they worked.

My final test was how often can I charge my Samsung S5 before it runs flat. I never let the phone go completely flat, but I managed 4 full charges starting between 15% and 20% on the phone and a few top up charges from 70% to 80%. When the phone was fully charged the unit switched off. I wouldn't like to say that it will always switch off as some phones may have background tasks running that cause a constant drain and thus a constant charge.

During charge and discharge cycles the pack gets warm as expected, but not hot, so I was happy in terms of safety.

This is a big battery, but it needs to be to supply the capacity. This is ideal for emergency charges when you don't have a socket available and I would definitely recommend it for a camping weekend where you have no power.

RAVPower® MFI Lightning USB Cable (Data/Sync/Charging, 3 Feet, Apple Certified)
RAVPower® MFI Lightning USB Cable (Data/Sync/Charging, 3 Feet, Apple Certified)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what you need from a cable, 26 Jan. 2015

This is everything you need from a cable. It is well built and has a quality feel to it. It charges the iPhone 5c I tested it on and it allows data synchronisation. When plugged in iTunes could see the phone with no problems being reported. As one final test I tried to charge the phone on this cable using a portable battery pack and a car cigarette lighter USB charger. The phone was showing charging in all circumstances.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20