Profile for Gs Foster > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Famous Spanish Dances
Famous Spanish Dances

4.0 out of 5 stars Two very dancing guitars., 2 April 2016
This review is from: Famous Spanish Dances (Audio CD)
This cd was bought to replace a LP that was lost several house moves ago. Over the intervening years I've searched for a replacement, but none of the guitar duet cds I tried matched up to the interpretation, danceability and rhythm of the Romeros; I was delighted to spot this CD version. In my mind's ear the sound is dryer and slightly more clinical than the LP, but still perfectly listeneable. The only fault I can find is that the recording does date from the LP era, and is slightly short measure for a CD. Highly recommended.

Jeff Wayne's The War Of The Worlds - Live On Stage [DVD]
Jeff Wayne's The War Of The Worlds - Live On Stage [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jeff Wayne

4.0 out of 5 stars War of the Worlds - excellent sound!, 3 Mar. 2016
I bought the original vinyl studio recording more years ago than I care to remember, and this live recording is a good companion to that disc. Though I must admit that the DVD's main function these days is to show off my 5.1 sound system, as from an audio point of view is an excellent quality recording!

Mozart: Eine kleine Nachtmusik
Mozart: Eine kleine Nachtmusik

4.0 out of 5 stars KV287 Lodron Divertimento, 3 Mar. 2016
I bought this CD for the KV287 Lodron Divertimento; I have a score or more recordings of Eine kleine Nachtmusik. It has replaced a long lost vinyl recording, and as far as my ageing ears go it is a first class transfer, and is much enjoyed.

LG G Pad V400 Snapdragon 7-inch Tablet (Black) - (Qualcomm 1.2GHz, 8GB, WLAN, Android 4.4.2 KitKat)

4.0 out of 5 stars First rate value, 20 Mar. 2015
I've been very pleased with this - it does all that I've asked of it - marvelous value. The only reason that I've given it four stars is that the included quick remote app to allow you to control your TV and other remotes has a very restricted list of appliances, and doesn't have a learn function - so I can't control my Onkyo AV amp or Humax PVR, for example. It must also be said that LG have been singularly unhelpful over this, given that the Quick Remote app in the 10" V700 apparently does all that the V400 doesn't; and when asked why couldn't give an answer. I can't comment on the qualities of the Cameras, as I can't think of a more stupid thing to do as take a photo with a tablet!

i-BLASON LG G Pad 7.0 Case - Leather Book (Elastic Hand Strap, Multi-Angle, Card Holder) With Bonus Stylus 3 Year Warranty (Black)
Offered by I-Blason EU

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful value, 20 Mar. 2015
Wonderful value; closing the folder puts the tablet to sleep; elastic strap very handy (if you'll pardon the pun) to hold the tablet.

Lowepro Event Messenger 150 Bag for DSLR Camera - Black
Lowepro Event Messenger 150 Bag for DSLR Camera - Black
Offered by Camera Centre UK

4.0 out of 5 stars a multitude of filters and bits and pieces and was searching for something to store the kit that didn't look like an expensive c, 15 Jan. 2015
Having for many years developed an aching shoulder from carting a DSLR and lenses around in a huge Camera Bag, I've recently seen the light and converted to a Panasonic GX7 Micro 4/3rds Camera, with 4 lenses, a multitude of filters and bits and pieces and was searching for something to store the kit that didn't look like an expensive camera bag, and was suitably small enough. The Event Messenger fits that bill admirably. The only niggle that I have is the hand grip, which is pretty useless - it's small, and only fitted to one side of the bag, so you can't carry the bag one handed without the bag being kinked to one side. It really needs two handles to carry it sensibly, and more substantial handles would make it a more comfortable carry - but, as I've said, this is a small niggle.

SanDisk SDMX18-008G-E46K Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player - 8 GB, Black
SanDisk SDMX18-008G-E46K Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player - 8 GB, Black
Offered by Or Tal

5.0 out of 5 stars Not unexpectedly for the money there are a few niggles - the supplied headphones are best not even taken out of the packet, 15 Jan. 2015
What an incredible mini marvel this is! I've popped a 32gb mini SD card in, giving me 40gb of music storage for a very, very, non Apple price! Not unexpectedly for the money there are a few niggles - the supplied headphones are best not even taken out of the packet, but should be replaced at the first opportunity; I couldn't get the really get MS media player to generate playlists (so used the excellent [free!] SansaManager to create them; but the sound quality overall with a decent pair of headphones is excellent. One very satisfied owner.

Boccherini: The Symphonies Op.12
Boccherini: The Symphonies Op.12
Offered by Presto Classical

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a Cello Sonata!, 28 Jan. 2014
Up to buying this recording, Boccherini meant (to me) either string Quartets, Quintets, or works for Cello. A friend recommended that I should investigate his symphonies, and I'm very glad that I did. If you have a liking for music by his contemporaries, Mozart and Haydn (either Michael or Joseph), then you'll love these. The recording was made in 1972; do not let this put you off - it is a 'golden age' analog recording and well up with the best of more modern recordings.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 22 Dec. 2013
It does exactly what is says it does - allows me to sit my sat nav on top of my dashboard in a place where I can easily see the device, and doesn't move from there.

The Masters of Nature Photography: Wildlife Photographer of the Year
The Masters of Nature Photography: Wildlife Photographer of the Year
by Rosamund Kidman Cox

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy for anyone interested in Natural History, 15 Nov. 2013
What a fabulous book! I envy the photographers their good fortune to have the knowledge, skill, and determination to produce such a gem; wish that I possessed the tiniest fraction of these attributes!

Page: 1 | 2