ARRAY(0x9f847f0c)

Killing Bono OST
Offered by Side Two
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant soundtrack to a fun film, 12 May 2011
This review is from: Killing Bono OST (Audio CD)
I bought this CD on my way to see the film after sampling the songs here on Amazon and I have barely stopped listening to it since. I love the fact that the majority of the songs are actually performed by the actors themselves - many times in films we see actors miming along on screen while someone else provides the vocals, but in this case it really is Ben Barnes, Robert Sheehan and Martin McCann (who plays Bono) doing their own singing and sounding like they honestly could be genuine rock stars.

It's fitting that the track order has the punky "Street Mission" followed directly by the classic "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" as it provides a nice contrast and gives a sense of the evolution that The Hype/U2 went through in terms of their sound and their songwriting. The pieces of original score by Stephen Warbeck are good - "The Beginning" sounds so much like a U2 song that I was sitting in the cinema waiting for Bono to start singing! Along with "Dublin", it really fits in among the rock songs of the rest of the soundtrack.

My personal favourites are "Where We Want To Be" (the acoustic version is absolutely beautiful), the riotous "Kicking Off Again" and Robert Sheehan's version of "The Great Beyond" which has a lovely shouty intro that never fails to put a smile on my face as you can literally picture him jumping around in the studio!

A Knight's Tale (Newmarket Shooting Script)
A Knight's Tale (Newmarket Shooting Script)
by Brian Helgeland

5.0 out of 5 stars A great companion to the film, 3 Jun 2010
Quite simply, if you like "A Knight's Tale", you will love this book. As well as the original script for the film, there are 24 pages of colour photos of the cast including a series of behind-the-scenes pictures. The introduction by writer/director Brian Helgeland is interesting too. For instance, we find out that "Golden Years" was *not* the original choice of song for the now-famous banquet dance scene. He had planned to use "Get Down Tonight" by KC and the Sunshine Band, but Heath Ledger suggested "Golden Years" would be more suitable. As you look through the script, you can spot where dialogue was tweaked - often by the actors themselves - and read scenes that were deleted from both the theatrical and extended DVD versions of the film. For example, the line "we should have saved our last penny for the blacksmith" makes more sense when you learn that originally there was a scene where, hungry and with only one penny left, they choose to spend it on feeding the horse who needs to be strong enough for the matches. Fans will find many such nuggets in this book and I thoroughly recommend it.

Gaslight [Australian Import]
Gaslight [Australian Import]

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 27 May 2010
I purchased Gaslight via Amazon.com about two months ago and it has quickly become one of my favourite albums. There is a nice mix of songs on here - ballads such as 'You Treat Me Like Chocolate' and absolute rockers like 'Somebody's Tryin' To Kill Me'. Apart from those two, other favourites include the opener 'Circus', 'Oblique Is My Love (live)', 'What's Her Name? (live)' and 'What You Want Me To Forget?'. Russell Crowe has a surprisingly good voice, the lyrics are interesting and there are some great guitar solos. I frequently find myself not just singing along but also air guitaring/drumming as well!

The current price of the album may put some people off buying it, but if you can find a copy at a decent price, it is well worth getting. And I'll admit the "took my turn at playing Robin Hood" line in 'Oblique Is My Love' makes me smile given Crowe's most recent role!

Battles of Prince of Persia (Nintendo DS)
Battles of Prince of Persia (Nintendo DS)
Offered by The GameMonkey
Price: 10.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoying it so far, 17 April 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have only recently bought and started playing this game - I'm just starting the third level/mission - but so far I'm finding Battles of Prince of Persia to be a very engrossing, hard-to-put-down game. The first level/mission acts as a tutorial, guiding you through how to deploy your troops, navigate the various information screens and use the cards to give orders. Of course, you can read the instruction manual before you play, but I suspect that most people will appreciate having the on-screen guidance as well.

I found the game quite easy to get the hang of and by the end of the first mission I was familiar with how the card system works. It is a very tactical game where you will need to take a moment to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition and what the best options are rather than just charging straight in to attack. You will also need to choose which cards will be the most helpful from the decks that you are given. You only get basic cards at first, but once you start successfully completing missions, you are rewarded with a wider variety of cards, some of which give your units special abilities.

When you do choose to attack the enemy, you get a very helpful screen which estimates your chances based on the types of units doing battle, their health points, whether they are facing the enemy to make a direct attack, any (dis)advantages due to terrain etc. This doesn't necessarily mean that the battle will turn out exactly as predicted but it is a useful guide and can prevent a novice player from being crushed by a far stronger enemy. I have to say I also like the battle animations that appear on the top screen of the DS which allow you to see your units in action - although if you don't want to watch this animation, it can be turned off in the options menu.

Overall, I am finding Battles of Prince of Persia very enjoyable so far and I would strongly recommend it.

HEATH LEDGER AS SIR WILLIAM THATCHER/SIR ULRICH VON LICHTENSTEIN OF GELDERLAND FROM A KNIGHT'S TALE #3 - COLOUR Movie Photo - (4 Different Photograph & POSTER Sizes Available)

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice pic - wrongly titled/described!!, 6 Sep 2009
Just thought I would point out that the picture shown is not actually from A Knight's Tale as labelled - it is in fact from the 1997 TV series "Roar" in which Heath Ledger played the lead role of Conor. The company providing the pictures may want to look into this and try and get their descriptions right in future to avoid confusing/misleading people.

Solo Me Importas Tu
Solo Me Importas Tu
Offered by westcb
Price: 0.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth tracking down, 4 Jun 2009
This review is from: Solo Me Importas Tu (Audio CD)
"Solo Me Importas Tu" is quite a rare Enrique single - I can't remember ever having heard this Spanish version of "Be With You" anywhere before, but when the single came up on my Amazon recommendations and I found it was available at a reasonable price from reliable sellers, it went straight on my Wishlist.

As well as the main version of the song there are 4 remixes, two of which are longer Club Mixes and the other two are shorter Radio Edits. They are all enjoyable and great to dance around to. I would recommend this single to any Enrique fans - the fact that it is in Spanish should not be a problem as most fans will already know "Be With You" and lyrically it is fairly similar.

At the time of writing this review, there are a small number of copies still available and although some are at hugely inflated prices, about half are reasonable so Enrique fans - grab this rarity while you can!!

Re-Mixes
Re-Mixes
Offered by UKMusicFiendz
Price: 12.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 13 Mar 2009
This review is from: Re-Mixes (Audio CD)
My father ordered me this album through Amazon as it's one of the very few Enrique albums I didn't have. I must admit I was a bit dubious - what exactly would a disco version of "Experiencia Religiosa" sound like? I needn't have worried as the album is really good and a lot of fun to dance around to. The remixes are of songs from Enrique's first two albums "Enrique Iglesias" and "Vivir" including English and Bilingual versions of "Solo En Ti (Only You)". The album was released a good ten years ago now, so some may find the remixes a bit dated, but personally I love them! As I said earlier in my review, this album is a lot of fun and I heartily recommend it to Enrique fans.

100 Classic Book Collection (Nintendo DS)
100 Classic Book Collection (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Game Trade Online
Price: 5.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 6 Jan 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The 100 Classic Book Collection is perfect for anyone who loves reading. The 100 provided here are the sort of "classic" books that many people will feel they ought to read at some point in their lives and this collection will make doing so a whole lot easier. There is a tutorial the first time you use the "game" to familiarise you with how everything works. It's very easy to understand and once you've got the hang of it, you'll soon be engrossed in a good book.
While you are reading, you can access explanatory footnotes to the text from the page menu if they are available and when you want to stop reading, you can use a bookmark so you don't lose your place. The text can also be adjusted in size so it is comfortable for you to read and you are also able to choose whether to have background music (BGM) or not and if so, what sort. Everything really has been thought of to make reading on your DS as enjoyable as possible and there are 10 extra books available to download via Wi-Fi.
Personally, I love 100 Classic Book Collection and will be recommending it to everyone I know. I hope that in future there may be more collections of this sort with more books made available. It'll never quite replace my real books at home, but it does mean that I can read anywhere, anytime on my DS and that is fabulous!

My Spanish Coach Level 2: Improve Your Spanish (Nintendo DS)
My Spanish Coach Level 2: Improve Your Spanish (Nintendo DS)
Offered by CD DIXIE
Price: 18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun progression from Level 1, 5 Jan 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I agree with Renate's previous review that My Spanish Coach Level 2 has been a bit misunderstood. If you have completed Level 1 then the games in Level 2 will not be that difficult as you should already know most of the words, their meanings and uses. Level 2 is mainly about making those words more familiar and being able to have fun with them in puzzles in the same way as in the English version My Word Coach.
You start Spanish Coach 2 with a tutor who guides you through how to navigate the screens, play the first games and create a personal profile. You are also given a test to measure your word knowledge and ability to express yourself. Once you have an initial percentage and ranking, you build those up gradually using the puzzles and games such as Missing Letter, Pasta Letters, Safecracker etc. The aim is to achieve a set amount of correct answers each day which will unlock new games and difficulty levels as well as improving your status.
It is a fun game and you only need to play for around half an hour per day to achieve your daily objective which is handy for those who don't have much spare time. I would recommend My Spanish Coach Level 2 to anyone who wants to continue practising the Spanish they have learnt previously, either in My Spanish Coach Level 1 or through their own studies.

Greatest Hits
Greatest Hits
Price: 18.59

5.0 out of 5 stars The deluxe edition, 17 Nov 2008
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
This 2-disc edition, as well as including a DVD, also has one exclusive bonus track that is not on the standard 1-disc edition. This is a new version of Miss You from the Insomniac album and when I say it's a new version, I mean that very literally. It's a duet with French singer Nadiya and the song has been completely re-worked both lyrically and musically. It's a brilliant new interpretation and if you like this then I would recommend tracking down the French release of Tired of Being Sorry (Laisse Le Destin L'Emporter) either as a single or on the French version of Insomniac where Enrique and Nadiya also worked together.
The DVD includes the videos for hits such as Bailamos, Hero, Escape and Do You Know? (The Ping Pong Song) as well as Can You Hear Me which UK fans probably won't have seen as the song was not released over here. There are also live versions of Tired of Being Sorry and Be With You which were recorded on the Belfast leg of the Insomniac tour last year.
I appreciate some people may find it annoying that a second version is released only 2 weeks after the standard album, but personally I think this 2-disc set is well worth having.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4