Profile for amyc > Reviews

Waspinator - Wasp Deterrant - Twin Pack
Waspinator - Wasp Deterrant - Twin Pack
Offered by HGdeals

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 12 Jun. 2013
As you can see by other reviews, there's definitely a mixed opinion on this product, I decided to take the gamble and find out for myself anyway due to my pure hatred and fear towards wasps... I have put two up in my garden and so far I've not noticed any wasps but then it hasn't really been too long to say I've made my mind up and they work, also the weather hasn't really been on our side yet so it may be a waiting game to see if they have saved me running from my garden back into the house screaming like a banshee!

Willis Judd New Ladies Titanium Magnetic Bracelet In Black Velvet Gift Box + Free Link Removal Tool
Offered by Willis Judd

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but have to return, 21 April 2013
I purchased this for my mother in law as she has suffered pains in her arm for years and never tried magnets before, we thought it would be worth a try but only if we could find a nice looking bracelet to do the job, I liked this one and she was very pleased but unfortunately it was broken upon receiving it so I followed instructions that came with link removal and gently hammered back in the pin to reattach the piece that had broken, my mother in law then wore it and within a week it had fallen off her wrist, with the pin getting lost in the process, I could of just removed that link and repaired it as the instructions stated just making the bracelet smaller but then the was the fear of it breaking again and we decided it would be best to return the bracelet.. We had no opportunity to discover any potential pain relieving benefits so I am unable to comment on that.

20 Simple Make and Bake Ideas for Children
20 Simple Make and Bake Ideas for Children

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely to do with kids, 19 Mar. 2013
I purchased this for 20p so I'm really pleased, there are several old favourite recipes that I had made in the past but seemed to have forgotten the recipe along the way, there are a few recipes which I feel are strange to have in a book like fruit kebabs, as this is clearly chosen ingredients on a stick but I think it is nice to be inspired by the ones you don't often make and as the title states they are simple ideas.

Not So Scary Sydney
Not So Scary Sydney

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm sorry but it was boring, 3 Feb. 2013
I bought this book for my daughter as her name is Sydni I thought it would be lovely for her to share a characters name.
Its about a little girl Emma meeting Sydney the monster who fears he is unable to make friends as he is too scary... but as the title explains he isn't so scary after all. I had hoped for a bit more humour and I like to explain a character to my little girl to set off her imagination but it was just dull.

Celebration
Celebration

5.0 out of 5 stars I knew it would be 5 star, 28 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Celebration (MP3 Download)
I knew this album would be great as I had one very similar to it years ago, the immaculate collection, it has all of her classics on which you are able to see for yourself, plus some of her later ones, plus it's cheap! I knew I'd be happy with my purchase

The Binding (The Velesi Trilogy Book 1)
The Binding (The Velesi Trilogy Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars I want to continue with the trilogy, 20 Jan. 2013
This wasn't a book that I felt a need to keep reading so I did take some time over a few days, I was easily able to dip in and out although I will say on a few occasions I felt the book lost me to unimportant information that bored me slightly, there are a few mistakes such as spelling or poor use of writing but it didn't make me give up, I do enjoy a fantasy story and being taken into a new world of a writer's imagination so I am intrigued as to how the story unfolds.
I feel it may be slightly predictable, so far Tharin the Prince who is desperately fighting to protect his betrothed Lily, A lost girl he had no feelings for, but an obligation to keep his family and clan together as the treaty states he should then becomes a beautiful woman who positively and annoyingly surprises him throughout their journey back to Velesi causing them of course to fall in love facing difficulties along the way.

I'm presuming the trilogy will end with Tharin and Lily fulfilling their destiny and marrying as the treaty stated they would or we will see how their marriage is at risk of pulling the clans of Velesi apart because of Lilys tie to her family. Either way, or maybe I'm wrong I do want to continue with the other books and will say you should make your own judgement and give this as read.

Cute Kitten & Puppy Sounds
Cute Kitten & Puppy Sounds

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 13 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Cute Kitten & Puppy Sounds (App)
I deleted this app quickly after using it with my daughter for the first time, although she did say several times, look mummy this is so cute. It's just images and noises, nothing else.

Bubble Pop Game for Toddlers
Bubble Pop Game for Toddlers

2.0 out of 5 stars Simple as thought it would be, 13 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Bubble Pop Game for Toddlers (App)
I wasn't going to download this app as I knew it would be quite simple and bore my little girl, I went for it anyway as I was trying to sample a few for her to have a go, I was right, she did get bored very quickly but I have kept it as I think it may interest a much younger child

Fast Food Nutrition Points , Calories , Carbs plus Calculator for Weight Loss , Diet Watchers , Cals , BMI & Carb Control Mobile App LITE

1.0 out of 5 stars They shouldn't even offer a free version, 13 Jan. 2013
If like me you often sway towards the freebies, this one is a waste of time especially if you are English as I personally don't know any of the first ten restaurants which are offered as the free part of the app... I deleted it immediately

Clifford The Big Red Dog [DVD]
Clifford The Big Red Dog [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars my little girl loves it, 9 Jan. 2013
my daughter is 3 and is occupied throughout the DVD which makes my life easier! I'm sure many parents have sat and watched Clifford and it offers little touches of valuable life lessons which have more of an impact when they are played out in colourful cartoons such as Clifford.

good value for money