Profile for JO > Reviews

Content by JO

JO

Endless Night (BBC Radio Crimes)
Endless Night (BBC Radio Crimes)
by Agatha Christie

5.0 out of 5 stars Agatha Christie, 14 Jan. 2013
Great to listen to when sewing. Looking forward to collecting more BBC recordings. The dramatization is always very good to listen to.

Agatha Christie: Crooked House (BBC Audio)
Agatha Christie: Crooked House (BBC Audio)
by Agatha Christie

5.0 out of 5 stars Agatha Christy, 14 Jan. 2013
Great to listen to when sewing. Just love Agatha Christie. I am trying to collect all her books i hard back and as many Audio book as possubke.

Maeve Binchy: No Nightingales, No Snakes (BBC Audio)
Maeve Binchy: No Nightingales, No Snakes (BBC Audio)
by Maeve Binchy

5.0 out of 5 stars Maeve Binchy, 14 Jan. 2013
Thoroughly enjoyed. Great to listen to when sewing. I have all Maeve Binchy's books. just sorry there will be no more.

Country Cottage Quilting: 15 Quirky Quilt Projects Combining Stitchery with Patchwork
by Lynette Anderson

4.0 out of 5 stars County Cottage Quilting, 14 Jan. 2013
I am looking forward to making some of the projects. I have already started the cushion cover. The instructions are clear and easy to follow

Cathedral Window Quilts: The Classic Folded Technique and a Wealth of Variations
by Lynne Edwards

5.0 out of 5 stars Cathedral Window Projects, 14 Jan. 2013
Excellent. Clear instructions. Wonderful projects. Thank you Lynne cannot wait to get started on various projects as soon as possible

Food for Free
Food for Free
by Richard Mabey

5.0 out of 5 stars JO, 21 April 2012
This review is from: Food for Free (Hardcover)
I am reading and enjoying and learning. It is so good to have recipes included. I am now passing this review over to my husband.

I found the format excellent: the photographs are large, permitting of easy recognition; the text is large font, permitting of easy reading if, like me, your eyesight is none too good. An excellent book, worth the price.

An Ear To The Ground: Understanding Your Garden
An Ear To The Ground: Understanding Your Garden
by Ken Thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars an ear to the ground: understanding your garden, 21 April 2012
I have been a gardener for over 40 years and love reading gardening books. Ken Thompson answered many of the queries I have had over the years about the science of gardening in an easy understanable style. It was good to know that I was right to leave seeds on my plants over winter and not to be too tidy in the garden and how important it is to encourage even those creatures we do not see. How roots develop and why we should not dig and the importance of mulch. I recommend this book to everyone - enjoy learning what makes a garden tick. Once again thank you Amazon and my son for his gift token to me.

Compost: The natural way to make food for your garden
Compost: The natural way to make food for your garden
by Ken Thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars Compost: The natural way to make food for your garden, 21 April 2012
Our local council is no longer providing free green bin collection and so I decided to buy a compost bin. Having no experience of composting I borrowed a copy of the above book from the library. After reading the book I immediately ordered a copy from Amazon and it will now be my "compost bible". I found the instruction clear and concise. Ken removed the mystic and gave lots of sensible advice and I look forward to many years of feeding my garden. I would recommend this book - I love Ken Thompson's "down to earth style". I have learnt so much thank you.