Profile for Phjils > Reviews

DIGIFLEX 3 Port HDMI Full HD 1080P v1.3 Switch Splitter for TV HDTV
DIGIFLEX 3 Port HDMI Full HD 1080P v1.3 Switch Splitter for TV HDTV
Offered by Digiflex

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 30 Mar. 2015
Fail. But then again HDMI splitters that have no power or management rarely work.

VW Passat Electric Window Regulator Repair Kit- Front Right Drivers Window (Cables, Winder, Fastenings) - FREE FIRST CLASS UK POSTAGE!
Offered by 227sParts

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 30 Mar. 2015
It repairs your broken window cables. That's it really...

BiC Cristal 2-in-1 Stylus Pen (Pack of 3)
BiC Cristal 2-in-1 Stylus Pen (Pack of 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars They're bic biros with rubbery bits for touchy action. ..., 30 Mar. 2015
They're bic biros with rubbery bits for touchy action. They're OK. It's a pen. It's a stylus. Bit spendy though.

Timex Sport & Outdoor Men's Quartz Watch with Black Dial Analogue Display and Brown Strap T49935SU

4.0 out of 5 stars Goodwatch, but it's freaking huge, 30 Mar. 2015
Good watch, but it's freaking huge. I sold mine on eBay.

Samson Meteor USB Microphone - Chrome
Samson Meteor USB Microphone - Chrome

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement unit perfect. Clear, 30 Mar. 2015
Had to replace the first one as it was producing a dreadful buzz / hiss when recording. Replacement unit perfect. Clear, well shaped audo recording, looks great and doens't cost much. Very happy.

JETech® Diamond Leather iPad Mini Smart Cover Case for Apple iPad Mini and the New iPad Mini II with Retina Display (2014 Version with Built-in Stand and Front/Back Protection and Built-In Magnet for Sleep/Wake Feature) (Black)
Offered by JEDirect UK

3.0 out of 5 stars ... what part of this is leather - looks more like card to me - but what do I know, 30 Mar. 2015
I don't know what part of this is leather - looks more like card to me - but what do I know? Anyway... it's cheap, has the sleep/wake function, and looks good... but it's not leather, not by any streach of the imagination.

Accmart(TM) RJ45 CAT5 6 Network Coupler plug Ethernet Lan Port 1 to 2 Socket Splitter Connector Adapter(Pack of 2)

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 30 Mar. 2015
Doesn't work... can't be bothered to return it to China. Can't reccomand you buy this.

TeckNet® Bus-Powered USB 3.0 4 Port Compact Hub - Backward Compatible with USB 2.0 / 1.1
Offered by SPEEDY GOAL LIMITED

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect product, does what it does, well made., 20 May 2014
I bought this so I could keep all my USB peripherals out of sight yet still connected to my laptop with USB 3 speeds.
Cannot fault the product at all. It's unobtrusive and appears to be very well made - I've several other TeckNet products, and they're all good.
My only criticism is the the cable is rather stiff and doesn't straighten out very easily, but I'm sure it will give over time.
The thing that makes this a great purchase it the packaging... it's packaging done right. A simple cardboard box, no impossible plastic blister packs that you cut yourself on. Just the box and some paperwork.
Would readily recommend this to anyone looking for a hub.

Gerber Suspension Multi Plier Tool
Gerber Suspension Multi Plier Tool

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tool, just don't push it too far., 9 Aug. 2013
I bought this because I lost my Leatherman and this seemed like a good alternative with many positive reviews.
I carry it everywhere and is useful every day. On the occasions I haven't had it with me, there's a genuine sense of dispare when I reach for my belt and there's not a lump of Gerber hanging off it... sounds rediculous, but it's true.

The tools are good, and the spring loaded pliers are useful over non-spring loaded ones. Like other people have said, the Phillips / cross head driver is much of a muchness. It will do in a pinch, but not a replacement for a true driver, but that's what these tools are about - being a bit of everything.

The knives are super sharp on delivery, but do dull after a short amount of time, but of course with a wetstone they can be sharpened again. The blades are locking, which is good, but obviously do fall foul of UK laws governing carrying such items without good reason to do so. I'm OK becuase of my job - I even got my employer to write me a disclaimer for such an eventuality.

My only real gripe is something that another reviewer brought up, and that's the small retaining plates that form part of the locking mechanism. I too broke mine (opening a particularly stubborn can of tuna while on a camping trip) and was annoyed to find Gerber do not sell spare parts* - although you can return it under warranty, but mine had expired. I got a freind to manufacture me a new part in his workshop, but many people may not have that luxury.

Over all, it's a good multi-tool, looks nice, designed in Portland, OR (but made in China)and isn't much money at all. Comes with a belt pouch too.

*They don't sell spare parts because of a disclimer, insomuch that they don't want you taking it apart to mend it, thus you could hurt yourself and sue them, etc. Fair claim I suppose!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic. Big. Nice Looking Watch, 9 May 2011
I bought the version with the metal bracelet strap so have the option to have either the bracelet or a leather strap - currently have a nice Hirsch tan leather strap on it and it looks fantastic.
The perpetual calendar is a useful feature so you never have to reset the date until the year 2100. The watch is pretty big, over 40mm including the crown, and quite deep too.

A couple of criticisms of the watch itself: The hands are silver and can sometimes be hard to read at a glance in certain lighting conditions. The day indicator on mine doesn't quite sit correctly in the window, it's a little off perfect horizontal, so it dips slighting in the window. Not so much that any of the letters are obstructed, but it's just a little thing. Perhaps I'm too much of a perfectionist.
Either way, I love it and looks like a much more expensive watch.
The case does scratch quite easily, and does sit proud of the wrist by about 10-15mm, so it's only a matter of time before I get a scratch on the face. If that happens, I'll certainly be getting another.

One thing you have to remember of course is the battery. It being the perpetual calendar model you have to send the watch off to Timex when the battery goes flat so it can be recalibrated so it works correctly. The battery has a seven year warranty, but it's something to keep in mind.

Page: 1 | 2