Profile for J. Woods > Reviews

Content by J. Woods

J. Woods (UK)

Ranex Ceiling Dream Collection Modern Ceiling Light, Frosted Cover, grey, 30 cm, E14

4.0 out of 5 stars Use string/shoelace to help fit the shade, 19 May 2016
Hi, like most I initially struggled to fit the shade onto the fitting and was getting frustrated. However, I have fitted it fine now using a very simple method and only drop a star because the instructions, particularly on fitting, could be made more clear. The shade looks great and goes well with my Scandi styling.

The method I used: one of the lips on the ceiling fitting is more pronounced/hooked than the other - hook one side of the shade onto that part of the fitting. Just before you do that place a piece of string, or shoelace, around the opposite fitting bar on the shade (on the side which will go onto the less pronounced side of the ceiling fitting). Ensure the string is long enough to pull and only loop it around so it can easily be pulled free. Once the shade is hooked on the pronounced lip side push the other side up (the string side) and keep the string taut - pull the string to flex the bar on the shade and push up to fit it onto the ceiling fitting. Once it's on simply pull the string free. This made the fitting very easy and if followed can avoid much frustration!

Hope this helps.

I Let You Go
I Let You Go
by Clare Mackintosh

5.0 out of 5 stars If you've never read a book before this is the one. If you have read a book before, I'd still recommend it., 20 Jan. 2016
This review is from: I Let You Go (Paperback)
An excellent book, possibly clichéd to some extent, but good escapism and I was not expecting the plot twist at all - in fact I had to go back and re-read parts of chapters to understand the twist as my assumptions had been shattered. It didn't take me long to read this as I wanted to know more so couldn't put it down, and now I'm eagerly awaiting the next book from this author in 2016.

In case you were wondering after reading other review comments, this is certainly not the first book I have read, indeed I am well read in contemporary fiction and the classics.

Christmas Stocking - Ive Been Very Very Very Good Design - 26' Approx
Christmas Stocking - Ive Been Very Very Very Good Design - 26' Approx
Offered by Top Value Prices

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value but easy to tear/rip with presents, 2 Dec. 2015
A large size with plenty of capacity, but material on rear (thin felt) not very sturdy, easy to rip holes in it with the edge of presents. Good value for money though, will last one Christmas only though I expect as so fragile.

Jony Ive: The Genius Behind Apple's Greatest Products
Jony Ive: The Genius Behind Apple's Greatest Products
by Leander Kahney

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 25 April 2014
I was looking forward to reading this following the Steve Jobs biography, but I was sorely disappointed. In comparison it was like viewing a room through a keyhole as opposed to being in that room - it was clearly apparent that the research had been completely achieved through third-parties and other articles, with little real insight into Jony himself - there are suppositions and assumptions but it lacked the depth that having access to the man himself would have achieved. In all it was a bit superficial and a hotch-potch of facts, supposed facts and assumptions.

I did find an inaccuracy around dates which reinforced by opinion of the book - pg 58 before joining Apple he was stated as being 26 years old, on pg 62 he joins Apple and is now 25.

It's OK as a read but nowhere near the read the Steve Jobs biography is.

iTALKonline SOLID BLACK WAVE Part Silicone Gel Crystal/Hybrid Hard Case Cover Protector for Apple iPhone 4 4G HD

4.0 out of 5 stars Good case for price, product photo deceptive, 14 Oct. 2010
For the price this case is very good. Easy to fit, fits well, and you get good value for money.

However, it does look the price you pay really. The picture provided makes it look a little 'classier' in my opinion - the photo indicates a "two tone" grey/black appearance but this is not the case (no pun intended). The greyish colour in the product photo is in fact matt black. Perhaps the description indicates this. Don't like the raised rim around the Apple logo, would have preferred this bevelled or smooth, just a bit less fussy.

The case in the main fits well. I expect most cases in this plastic material will be a bit flimsy on the upper bottom edge due to the amount of material, and this occurs with this case.

Overall it's a good case, in fact a great case for the price paid.

GreyMobiles SCREEN PROTECTOR For Apple iPhone 4 4G HD 16GB & 32GB - FRONT AND BACK FULL BODY PROTECTORS (PACK OF 6)
Offered by GRAND GADGETS

1.0 out of 5 stars There's a reason for six of each side in a packet ..., 14 Oct. 2010
Bought these to apply to my brand new iPhone 4, which still had the factory-packed clear covers on. First attempt I mucked up completely, so tried again. And again, and again etc. etc. - every single time I was not happy with the way the protectors went on in terms of either there was a speck of 'something' caught under the film (there merest dot of dust affected the film fit in my opinion), or the edges on one side or corner did not go down exactly to the edge. Between every attempt I cleaned the surface again with the cloth provided and it was done in a dust-free room. The cardboard tool was used every time to carefully try to get rid of air bubbles.

I managed to get one on the front eventually that I am 90% happy with - the top edge is still not entirely down to the edge, and one on the back which went on well. The others went in the bin, so it took the whole packet to get coverage I'm 90% happy with.

One thing I can say is that no residue is left on the surface after taking off the film. I was expecting so much more. Are all film protectors like this, did I get a bad batch, or do I need to set up a sterile room, wear silicone gloves and a mask to fit these well?