Profile for Louis B > Reviews

Content by Louis B
Top Reviewer Ranking: 57

Louis B
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Fivebop Oven Gloves with Fingers 932°F Heat Resistant Gloves, EN407 Certified Flexible Cotton Lining Oven Mitts with Non-slip Silicone Strip Kitchen Cooking Gloves,Set of 2 (Orange)
Offered by Luxugen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 26 July 2016
I was sent these gloves by the manufacturer in exchange for an honest review.

We have found that normal oven gloves tend to have a small part where the material is a bit thin and so you can potentially end up burning yourself. Also with the traditional oven gloves, you tend not to have too much protection of the arms, if reaching into a deep oven. This product resolves all these issues. They are thick white gloves, with blue rubber like material on the grip side, which ensures a firm non slip grip. They are quite long and so protect the wrist and upper arm from burning. I have tested them using an oven and not a BBQ and they offered fantastic protection. They appear to be very well made and do exactly what they are supposed to do.

I am happy to Highly Recommend this product.

Roccat Suora Frameless Mechanical Tactile Gaming Keyboard UK Layout (12-202)
Roccat Suora Frameless Mechanical Tactile Gaming Keyboard UK Layout (12-202)
Offered by CCL Computers

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Quality, 25 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
meI have been using Logitech products for a long time, especially their keyboards. So hen I was offered this keyboard to test I was happy to try it.

It is very clear from opening the box and handling the keyboard, that this is a very good quality product. It is quite heavy, it has a metal top plate, which makes the keyboard stand out from its competitors. The base of the unit is also made from metal, which must signal quality. How many keyboards do you see these days that are made out of plastic, versus metal? The weight helps it stay in place and so far has not moved when in use on a desk. The keys are almost perfect for typing, as they seem to be f the floating type, they are very smooth and the return is very precise and quiet. Once again from the way the keys respond, it is clear that this is no ordinary keyboard. This impression of quality is added to by the fact that it has a gold plated USB plug and the electrical cord which is a long and braided, which does not kink. There are 2 non slip silicone feet, which allow the board to be at a slight angle, making typing even easier.The back-lighting (mine is Blue) is vivid and adds so much to the style of the thing. The colour brightness is fully adjustable and there are funky modes, which allows the back-lighting to do different things. Briefly using it as a gaming keyboard, it becomes very clear that this is a fast, responsive board. It has full anti-ghosting, and N-key-rollover technology.

Overall this is an incredible, well made and versatile keyboard. It oozes quality and therefore I am more than happy to Highly Recommend it.

Laptop Stand, GEOTEL® Aluminum Laptop Stand for Macbook Air Macbook Pro iPad Pro Surface Pro& Other Ultrabook Type Laptop (AP-1-SILVER)
Offered by GEOTEL

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for an Ultrabook, 22 July 2016
I was sent this item by the manufacturer, in exchange for an honest review.

This is a very simple unit, it is aluminium and so is not heavy. It is really a stand suitable for an Ultrabook type laptop, which angles the computer, making it easier to type and see the screen. There are no moving parts, it is welded together. It appears to be very well made and it works very well. Please note, as the lip is only about a centimetre high, it will only hold a Macbook or Ultrabook. It is not suitable for a very thick unit.

Overall I am happy to recommend this item.

Vanwalk 60-inch Golf Umbrella - "Dupont Teflon" Automatic Open Extra Large Full Size Umbrella with Teflon Coated 210T Microfiber Fabric, Windproof, Lifetime Warranty (Black)
Offered by Vanwalk

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Umbrella, 22 July 2016
I was sent his item by the manufacturer in exchange for an honest review.

I have had several Golfing Umbrellas in my time. Living in Lytham St. Annes and playing golf there, we get lots of free umbrellas after the Open has been in Lytham. Many have been well made, but none have measured up to the quality of this item.

The umbrella itself appears to be VERY well made. The shaft is fibreglass and will held protect you if its lightening. The grip is rubberised and none slippy when wet. It opens quite gently, with one press of a button. It had no problems in a breeze and I think looking at the internal mechanism it could take quite a battering from wind. The canopy material appears to be thick and well made.

Overall this is a great, well made umbrella, which I am happy to Highly Recommend.

Silentnight Geltex Pillow, Polyester, White
Silentnight Geltex Pillow, Polyester, White

3.0 out of 5 stars OK I Suppose, 21 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have tried so many pillows ever since a car accident 4 years ago. I have found memory foam is far too hard, but supportive. Feathers are nice and soft but not supportive. Latex is a great combination of support and comfort....so long as you get the right brand. The best pillow I have ever bought and had to leave it in the USA as it was too bulky, was a gel pillow I bought in Costco in California. It had a firm density, high loft but soft for the head. It also had a blue rectangle on it, which was cool to the touch. Overall this was the best pillow I ever tried......cost $60. When I saw this pillow on the Vine programme I immediately wanted to try it.

Firstly, this is in no way shape or form, the same gel material as the one from the USA. It has a gel core which is wrapped in a foam and wrapped in a polyester cover. This is not as comfortable, nor as high loft or as dense as my favourite gel one. It is medium loft, but the dense gel effect I am used to, gets lost in the wrapping of foam. To make it even worse, the outer of the pillow cannot be detached and so cannot be washed in a machine. On this point alone, I would refrain from buying the item. You can hand wash the entire pillow, but come on, who manufactures a pillow, where the outer cannot be detached?

Overall, if you are a back or front sleeper, the loft will probably be OK for you. If you don't mind not being able to wash the outer then this pillow may suit you. For me and my money, I would not buy this gel pillow, as its not really 100% gel and you cannot get as comfortable on it, as 100% gel. Its OK, but not great.

HoMedics Compact Percussion Heat Massager
HoMedics Compact Percussion Heat Massager
Offered by KG Homewares

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for Home Use, 20 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
About 4 years ago I was in a car accident that jolted my back. At the time I was sent to a Chiropractor in Florida for 2 months of treatment. Every time I went they used this type of device as part of the therapy. I found it soothing and it did help relieve some pain. When it came up to test on Vine, I grabbed it.

It is compact and has 2 settings, low and high vibration. Even the lower vibration is powerful, but the high setting really does something to painful muscles. There are also 2 different heads for the unit. They are screw in heads and are easy to replace. I have only used the heat head, as I find that it is the one I need for my muscle problems. The other one is for a soft gentle massage. The heat is not that hot, quite frankly its tepid. I guess this is where this lower cost home model and the Pro models part.....the heat setting is not up to the Pro units that were used on my back in Florida.

If you do not expect too much from this device and tepid heat is OK, then buy this item and you will be happy. Don't expect it to be anywhere near the Pro models used by Chiropractors.

Salter Mechanical Kitchen Scale, White
Salter Mechanical Kitchen Scale, White
Offered by KG Homewares

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Clear Dial, 20 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a simple set of scales, which appear to be well made, given the price. There is very little you can say about them, that has not been said by other reviewers. The dial is very clear, weighs upto 5Kg or 11lbs, has a large capacity bowl and is very easy to set. It comes with a 15 year guarantee and I am happy to recommend it.

Recommended.

Portable Laptop Tray Coavas Notebook Bed Stand Folding Computer Laptop Table Desk (black)
Offered by CORNER LOVE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great But, 19 July 2016
I was sent this item by the manufacturer in exchange for an honest review.

I have to say, my unit has not been thought out very well. The lip that holds the computer in place is only 1cm and so any large laptop slides off. This really is designed for a Macbook/Ultrabook. It is not much use for anything else. Its quite heavy as the frame is sturdy metal. This means that it is sturdy but is also heavy and would not be suitable for a more frail person for use as a breakfast table. As far as the construction is concerned, it is not very well made. On one of the welds there is a gap and it has not been put together very well. Reading other reviews, it appears these may have been made in batches, as some are well made and a few are not. I received one that is not. It does come fully assembled.

If you can get a good one, and mine was not and you have an Ultrabook, then this table could work. If it had been better made, I wold have been happy giving the table 4 stars, as such I can only award it 3 stars. I gave it 5 stars, as someone (I suspect the manufacturer) keeps giving it negative votes....so trying to keep the review up to warn people, whilst not getting a negative vote. The experiment worked, as soon I gave this 5 stars the manufacturer stopped putting negative votes on my review. Please think very carefully about buying this as my unit was not the best quality and does not represent great value.

Huion 4*2.23 inches USB Art Design Graphics Drawing Tablet Board Digital Pen with Kenting Cleaning Cloth 420
Offered by KENTING

4.0 out of 5 stars Bit Small But Good, 18 July 2016
I was sent this item by the manufacturer to test and review.

This is the third time I have used such a tablet and this one is also the smallest I have used. In fairness I think iits a bit too small for what I would require from a drawing tablet. When I first obtained one of these drawing tablets, it took me some time to get used to how it works and what it can do. So with this tablet it was quite straightforward, as they all work in a similar fashion. Firstly you have to download software for the tablet. This was very easy and I had no issues doing this. You then pop the battery into the pen and connect the tablet to the PC and off you go.

I have used the pen for both graphic art and photo retouching and it works very well for both. So far, the unit has worked well, once you work out how to use it. It is quite intuitive once you have an idea of how it works. There are buttons on the pen itself which can turn the pen into a sot of mouse as well as a styling/artistic pen. The unit includes instructions, pen, a tablet which is quite small.

Overall this is a well made unit, its just a shame it is a bit too small. I am happy to recommend this tablet for graphic art or photo retouching.

[Mini Revolution] S3 2G/16G Android TV Box Kodi 16.1 Android 5.1 CPU Amlogic S905 Gigabit 1000M LAN Ethernet Fully Loaded Add-ons 2.4G WIFI Bluetooth 4.0 Blu Ray Streaming stick OTA Update (S3)
Offered by SEGURO

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 18 July 2016
I was sent this product by the manufacturer to keep in exchange for an honest review.

This is the sixth box I have reviewed and it has certainly the best box I have tested so far. It is simplicity to set up and get running. I did get the help of a technical whiz to help set it up, but it did appear to be very straightforward. There was some software that had to be downloaded, but once downloaded it worked very well. We looked at a number of Youtube video's to understand how to install some of the app updates. It plays at a resolution of upto 4096 x 2160 resolution, without any problems such as stuttering unlike the other boxes I tested. The remote control appears to have all the functionality you need to use Kodi, which the other boxes struggled with. This box produces incredible TV pictures and everything is crystal clear, it is truly UHD

The home menu design is very functional and straightforward. It is very easy to add and remove apps and once it was set up the functionality of the box via the home page is very intuitive. as you see fit. Overall the product is very good but it does require some prior knowledge to set up and get running. If you don't have such knowledge, then it can be easily gained via Youtube videos. This is a great box, which delivers incredible picture/functionality performance. I am therefore happy to Recommend the product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20