Profile for C M Cotton > Reviews

Content by C M Cotton
Top Reviewer Ranking: 73

C M Cotton "Chris Cotton" (Europe and USA)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Maclaren Connecting Massage Oil
Maclaren Connecting Massage Oil

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 17 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a nice product, that hydrates the skin and leaves all dried skin soft and supple.

Recommended

Philips GC1020/70 EasySpeed Steam Iron with 70 g Steam Boost, 0.2 Litre, 1800 W, Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For The Price, 17 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Our current iron is a very large Philips steam generator iron, which sits on the water tank base and takes up a lot of space. The main advantage of this older iron, comes in the superlative way it produces steam, that cuts through my pinpoint and sea island cotton shirts. When this smaller but powerful iron was offered on the Vine programme, I thought it would be good to see if we could ditch the larger iron for this rather smaller model.

Firstly, the iron itself looks as if it is made from good quality materials. The water goes in through quite a wide spout at the front and so there is very little water that gets spilled when its being filled. The ironing plate, which very often is cheaply made and so stops gliding over the clothes or becomes black with age, appears to be quite thick and made from heavy gauge metal. This is backed up in use, as the surface is super smooth and glides through my 100% cotton shirts with absolute ease. The steam that is generated is very powerful, although not as powerful as the our current iron, but there again it is not designed to be. This is a compact iron and as such it generates an amazing amount of steam.

Whilst this is not as good as our existing steam generating iron, which is very bulky and large, it is nonetheless a superb iron, which glides through my cotton shirts. It generates an amazing amount of steam and is ready in just under 2 minutes. The build quality appears to be fantastic.

Overall this is a great product and I am happy to highly recommend it.

Craghoppers Men's Kiwi 3-in-1 Jacket - Dark Navy/Burgundy, XX-Large
Craghoppers Men's Kiwi 3-in-1 Jacket - Dark Navy/Burgundy, XX-Large

1.0 out of 5 stars Size was not correct, 13 April 2015
XL is about 2 sizes smaller than normal XL. Be very careful with the fit of this jacket. Returned as size was wrong.

Towards the Flame: Empire, War and the End of Tsarist Russia
Towards the Flame: Empire, War and the End of Tsarist Russia
by Dominic Lieven

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 29 Mar. 2015
I read History and Politics at University and adore modern European
history. Russian history has always been a particular fascination with
me, so when this book became available for review on Vine, I jumped at
the chance of reading it.

Dominic Lieven wrote a fascinating and award winning book on Napoleon
and his battle for Europe. This new book examines Russia in the early
20th century and primarily the causes and effects of the revolutions
in 1917. I have extensively studied this period and thought I knew a
lot, but this fascinating book gave me new insights and a different
perspective on this pivotal time period. This is a well researched and
fascinating book, which is a must read for anyone interested in this
country and period. It is easy to read and I am happy to Highly
Recommend the book.

Scholl Velvet Smooth Diamond Pedi Extra Coarse Hard Skin Remover Refill - Pack of 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 28 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These rollers are used with the Scholl Velvet Smooth Diamond Pedi Skin Remover. These are the extra coarse rollers are ideal for thick deposits of skin on your feet. They work very well and leave your feet feeling very smooth. Just one word of caution, be very careful when using them, as using the roller for too long on one area of the foot, can take too much skin off and leave you in pain or bleeding.

Highly Recommended

DBPOWER® BX-100 All in One Portable Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Speaker with Dual Speakers and Enanced Bass Resonator, FM Radio, Built-in Mic, LED Display, Alarm clock, 3.5 mm Audio Jack, Support TF Card/Micro SD Card and USB Input, 15-25M Bluetooth Range, up to 6 Hours Playtime, Support MP3, WAV, WMA, APE, FLAC Format (Black & Red)
Offered by MyStore365

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, 28 Mar. 2015
I was sent this product by DBPOWER to test, review and give an honest review of it.

This speaker comes in a nice box, which contains the speaker, USB cable, headphone jack to speaker cable and brief instructions. The speaker itself is quite small and relatively thin, at about a foot long. It is a very simple design, with volume, radio and alarm buttons on the top, and a mini USB slot for the charger, TF slot and power button at the back. The front houses the small speakers hidden behind a grill.. Overall the speaker looks very impressive and is very sleek in design.

I have tested an number of these small Bluetooth speakers for various manufacturers and I must say apart from the Klipsch speaker at £349.00 and an EasyAcc at around this price, all have been mediocre to poor with their sound reproduction and set up. This speaker's reproduction puts it around the top of all those tested, given its low price. With this speaker setup was very easy and it was connected with my Ultrabook in about a minute. It needed some time to download driver software. The sound this unit produces is very good indeed and I was not expecting to hear what I actually heard. This small speaker beats anything I have tried before at this price point. There is no distortion, it has good bass for its size and the treble is perfect. I have tried the speaker with Pop, Classical and vocal pieces of music and there was never any distortion and the sound reproduction was excellent. I have not found any faults with this marvellous unit. The battery life is amazing, its still going after many hours of use.

At the price this speaker is sold at and given its size, I think this is the best Bluetooth speaker I have tested. The sound it produces for its cost and size is exceptional. It is easy to set up and I am very happy to highly recommend this product.

TaoTronics® Portable Bluetooth Speaker (Wireless & Mobile, 10 Hour Battery Life, 33 ft Range, Built-in Microphone, USB & Aux Input, NFC Compatible)
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound, 28 Mar. 2015
To the person who keeps negging my reviews, get a life. Find some friends and get out of the house....do something with your life rather than sit putting meaningless negative votes on reviews.

I was sent this product by TaoTronics to test, review and give an honest review of it.

This speaker comes in a nice box, which contains the speaker, USB cable, headphone jack to speaker cable, battery and brief instructions. The speaker itself is quite small and relatively thin, at about a foot long. It is a very simple design, with volume buttons on the top, and a mini USB slot for the charger and power button at the back. The front houses the small speakers hidden behind a rubberised grill.. Overall the speaker looks very impressive and is very sleek in design.

I have tested an number of these small Bluetooth speakers for various manufacturers and I must say apart from the Klipsch speaker at £349.00 and an EasyAcc at around this price, all have been mediocre to poor with their sound reproduction and set up. This speaker's reproduction puts it around the top of all those tested. With this speaker setup was very easy, once the battery had been inserted and it was connected with my Ultrabook in about a minute. It needed some time to download driver software. The sound this incredible unit produces is very good indeed and I was not expecting to hear what I actually heard. This small speaker beats anything I have tried before at this price point. There is no distortion, it has good bass for its size and the treble is perfect. I have tried the speaker with Pop, Classical and vocal pieces of music and there was never any distortion and the sound reproduction was excellent. I have not found any faults with this marvellous unit. The battery life is amazing, its still going after many hours of use.

TaoTronics® Water Resistant Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Shower Speaker (Bluetooth 3.0, Hands-Free, Built-in Mic, A2DP/AVRCP)
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Sound, 28 Mar. 2015
I was sent this product by TaoTronics to test, give an honest review and keep.

This speaker comes in a quality box, which contains the speaker and charging cable. The speaker itself is small and a kind of oval rectangular shape It is a very simple design, with an on/off button, pause/play, fast forward, rewind buttons on the top and a charging port on the side. The top houses a small speakers behind a black facade. Overall the speaker looks very impressive and is sleek in design and made from quality materials.

This small speaker beats most of its competition. There is no distortion, it has reasonably good bass and treble for its size. I have tried the speaker with Pop, Classical and vocal pieces of music and there was no distortion and the sound reproduction was very good at all times. The downside to this speaker is depth of sound. The reproduction is pretty good, but the depth is lacking. I tested small units that have four speaker built in and the sound spread out, sounding like a true Hi-Fi, whereas this speaker does not quite do this. Listening to the music coming from this, it is obvious it is coming from just one speaker. Whilst the music is very good, its not on a par with other small units, but the pay off is that this unit is splash proof and can be used in the bathroom.

At the price of this unit and given its size, I think this is very good, but its not the best bluetooth speaker I have tested. The sound it produces for its cost and size is very good but just lacks some depth. I am very happy to recommend this product if you want a small speaker to use in the bathroom, with very good battery life and good sound.

Recommended.

Passion into Profit: How to Make Big Money from Who You are and What You Know
Passion into Profit: How to Make Big Money from Who You are and What You Know
by Andy Harrington

4.0 out of 5 stars There Are Better Books, 27 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having read many books on motivation, personal development and the "Speaking Business" I have grown a little tired of all the samie samie books that are out there. I am a business consultant, lawyer and international university lecturer etc I am developing a speaking business as I feel I have a lot of stories, advice and knowledge that others could benefit from. This is why I chose this book, hoping to learn something that could help propel my speaking business to a new level. It focuses on preparation of the speech and how to deliver it to any audience.

I have given this book 4 stars as I feel two negative things about this book. Firstly, it feels a bit like you are being pitched Andy's services and he only goes so far, with his advice in the book. Second, there are better books on the market if Public Speaking is your thing, I much prefer, Book Yourself Solid by M. Port or the brilliant, The Wealthy Speaker by J. Atkinson.

This is not a bad book, but there are better books that give you entire strategies to create, build up and what to say as a Public Speaking Business.

Brown Brothers Non Vintage Sparkling Wine 75 cl
Brown Brothers Non Vintage Sparkling Wine 75 cl

5.0 out of 5 stars Superlative, 24 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This superlative wine by Brown Brothers is wonderfully rich and opulent. It oozes bready and yeasty overtones and has an after taste akin to citrus fruits. It is best drunk with salads, chicken and even goes with desert. I have always been impressed by Brown Brother Tarango, which is a wonderful red that can be refrigerated. This wine, which offers fantastic value proves yet again that Brown Brothers is a great producer of mid range wines. Highly Recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20