Profile for C M Cotton > Reviews

Content by C M Cotton
Top Reviewer Ranking: 80

C M Cotton "Chris Cotton" (Europe and USA)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
WOW Toys Holiday Countdown Calendar
WOW Toys Holiday Countdown Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea, 27 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great and simple idea, its a road game, that counts down from 10 to 1, one day at a time to a holiday. Each day you get a small toy, which can be played with in the bath. The toys are OK for both boys and girls. I think ages upto 5 is stretching the age range a bit. I think it is more suitable for 2 to 4. The set is nicely made and it is a great idea to build excitement for a forthcoming holiday.

Overall this set is suitable for upto 4 years old. It is nicely made and I am happy to recommend it.

Oral-B Stages Vitality Avengers Electric Toothbrush for Kids
Oral-B Stages Vitality Avengers Electric Toothbrush for Kids

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Brush, 27 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great "Themed" kids brush that has gone down a storm. I have used Oral B brushes for many years and know all about their longevity and cleaning power. This relatively inexpensive brush, brings the cleaning power of the adult brushes to a younger audience. Whilst it is not abrasive, it is just right for the younger gums and teeth. It runs for 2 minutes and the charge lasts a week. The design I have is that of the Hulk and its looks great.

Overall this is a great brush that will encourage any child to clean their teeth twice a day for two minutes. Anything that makes this task easier is welcome by most parents. Highly Recommended

Ultrasport Men's Long-Sleeve Functional Running/Sports Shirt, highly stretchy
Ultrasport Men's Long-Sleeve Functional Running/Sports Shirt, highly stretchy

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Piece of Sports Kit, 24 Jun. 2015
I ordered this product from the Vine lists as I am always looking for base layers to use in cold climates, that wick away perspiration from the skin. This item does this perfectly, being a polyester and spandex blend. The description that it is a "Functional" piece of sports wear is true, as it can be used whilst jogging, playing sports etc. It has a slight stretch to it, but it is a bit more tailored than I would like. I think my advice would be to buy one size larger than needed if you have a large frame. Overall this is a nicely made piece and I am happy to highly recommend it.

skinChemists Advanced Wrinkle Killer Day Moisturiser 50 ml
skinChemists Advanced Wrinkle Killer Day Moisturiser 50 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Mmmmmmm, 24 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There are moistures at the top end of the price scale and there are moisturisers at the bottom. At the price this has been offered at, it sits somewhere in the middle of the price range. So does it work? Well as others have said, its not a product that will vanish all signs of ageing in a few simple applications. As with most wrinkle products, it takes time and using this product for over a week there are very few signs of any real improvement. This could be because we do not have the serum, that you are supposed to put on your face before applying this product. The bottle itself looks nice but other than that, it is difficult to recommend this product. If Mrs C changes her mind and she sees improvements, then I will happily update this review.

Linksys RE4100W Universal Dual Band N600 Pro Wi-Fi Range Extender (Audio Streaming, 2 x Ethernet, Flexible Placement, Easy Set Up, WPS)
Offered by BESTBUYIT

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 21 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Living in a house with very thick floors, we have suffered no end of dead WiFi spots. When this came up for review I jumped at the chance to try it. Firstly set up was soooo very easy, I had to plug it in, wait for the LED lights to stop flashing and it hooked into the WiFi instantaneously It took about 3 minutes to connect to the router. Once connected, you can plug it into the electrical socket where WiFi reception is very poor and it boosted the signal in that area. The signal is now 5 bars in all areas of the house. It gives a slightly slower speed than the main router, which is why I deducted 1 star.

Overall this is an easy to use product, which works. I am happy to recommend it.

Rii BT09 Ultra Slim Wireless Bluetooth Mini Keyboard With 7 Color Backlit For iOS (iPad Air, iPad mini 3 / mini 2 / mini, iPad 4 / 3 / 2), Windows 7 8 XP and Android 3.0 And Above OS with Rechargerable Built-in Lithium Battery, UK Layout (Black)
Offered by Uxpressbuying

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Manufacturer, 16 Jun. 2015
I was sent this keyboard by the manufacturer to test, review and keep. It was the first time I have reviewed anything for this manufacturer and it will also be the last I accept anything from them. The day after this item arrived I was harassed by a member of staff to put a review on this site. This was even before I could properly test it. I explained that I thought their email was inappropriate and that they were trying to pressurise me into doing a review. After 1 day I could not possibly ascertain if the item was good or not. I asked for upto 30 days to test the product and told them not to rush me. I was then sent an email apologising for their behaviour and I thought I would been left alone. Less than 1 week later, I received yet another email, pressurising me to do the review. Their email was harassing in nature. I have NEVER been so badly harassed by any company I have been asked to do a review for. I am not happy to be contacted the day after the item arrived and pressurised into doing a review, without a proper test. I am furious that less than one week later, they sent yet another email insisting I do a review. I am not a full time professional reviewer, I have a job outside of reviews and that should be respected! This company needs to learn respect. Reviewers are helping them promote their products by doing free reviews, yet this company abused this and has treated this reviewer in an unacceptable way.

The keyboard itself is a nice item and appears well made. Thats all I can say, as I have not been given enough time to test it properly. If left to my own time, It may have received 5 stars and a high recommendation. As it is I have not had time to properly test. I think the manufacturing company has treated me with utter contempt. I am highly suspicious of why they want a rushed review, using pressure tactics.

My advice, stay away from anything made by this company, they are not worth dealing with.

Igenix Baby Oil Filled Radiator with 3 Heat Settings, 500 W, White
Igenix Baby Oil Filled Radiator with 3 Heat Settings, 500 W, White
Offered by mopodo-uk

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Compact Unit, 12 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a small compact oil filled radiator. It has a timer and kicks out 500W of power. This means that it will heat a small room/space. It is ideal for travelling, caravans, tents etc. The beauty of oil filled radiators is that after the unit turns it self off, it still radiates heat for quite a while. Overall this appears to be a well made product and I am happy to Recommend its purchase.

DACOM Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo Sweatproof Jogger, Running, Sport Headphones Earbuds with Mic Hands-free Calling for iPhone and Other Android Cell Phones - Blue
Offered by Tech Leader

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for the Price, 8 Jun. 2015
I was sent these by the manufacturer to test and keep in exchange for an honest review.

I have tested many different headsets over the years and have found some wonderful and some not so good earbuds and over the ear headphones. Whilst this set of earbuds is less than £20, the price belies the quality of sound reproduction. Whilst these are not high fidelity, they produce a fantastic sound given their low price. Included with the headset are a number of rubbersied buds, so a great fit is assured. The BlueTooth pairing is very easy and they paired with both my computer and smartphone without any issue.

Overall these are a great set of earbuds, which produce great sound and are designed to be used for gaming. I am happy to Recommend them.

Oversubscribed: How to Get People Lining Up to Do Business with You
Oversubscribed: How to Get People Lining Up to Do Business with You
by Daniel Priestley

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Great, 8 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This review has now been posted 3 times, as I have deleted the review and re-posted it due to the author's interference. Each time the author leaves condescending comments about myself and my review and how he disagrees with it. Firstly, I would like to point out to the author a fact that concerns his flippant remark, "Better Luck Next Time"....when choosing a book, I did not purchase this book. There is a clue to this fact, at the top of the review page, it states I am a Vine reviewer and received this free of charge. Secondly, I too am a business owner and have also built up and sold a number of businesses around the world. I am also a University Lecturer of Business Economics (BA and MA), an Economist and a former Political and Economic Expert to the EU Council of the Regions. I started as a business consultant, when I was sent into Poland under the auspices of the EU Commission and its PHARE programme in 1993. I helped save a number of struggling businesses, that had taken the business advice of the first wave of business gurus that went in (1990). I have had my own businesses in Poland, UK and the USA, all were successful, all grown organically and all sold at a maximum return on investment. I am not some dumb dumb to be talked down to as you saw fit in your comments. I have oodles of "Domain knowledge" and probably started gaining this real market knowledge before you. I find your comments condescending and crass. When you leave such arrogant comments please bear in mind who you may be talking to. I also know what works in business.

I have read 100's of motivational, self development, business books over the years. Very few books really impress me. Many are re-hashes of other authors, put forward in a different way. This book is in the main, a rehash of other books I have read. It is not bad, its just has very little of anything new in it. I read another review on this book that stated he did not know why it gets such glowing reviews. As a reviewer that gets offered at least 10 products a day to test, this book was probably launched, sent out to a select few for reviews, which in turn creates many positive reviews for a book that is not unique nor original. Please do not get me wrong, if you have not read as many books as I have, then the information you will gain from reading this, is worthwhile. My issue is that it is not unique and it is in many parts re-hashed material that is not unique to the author. If you know a bit about marketing or if you already have a successful business you will find very few new ideas in this book. I am happy to recommend it, only to those who are new to this subject and or at a start up stage of their business.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 24, 2015 4:39 PM BST

AnySharp ABS Plastic Multi-Tool and Knife Sharpener, Blue
AnySharp ABS Plastic Multi-Tool and Knife Sharpener, Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Mmmmmm, 8 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It took a lot of effort to work out how to use this product. I have tested and reviewed a lot of products with very poor instructions, but this item wins hands-down for having the worst. It is simply not clear what to do. The only thing you get are pictures, which are also very misleading. It shows a big cross next to a picture of a serrated edge knife, yet the blurb for this product states you can use it with such knives. Overall this is an item that you have to experiment to work out how it works. It is made from cheap plastic, with instructions that are not clear. There is no way I could possible recommend anyone to buy this product without an overhaul of the instructions, as there are far better knife sharpeners out there. I gave it two stars originally, but am happy to upgrade it to four, after I worked out how to use it. You need to get a straight blade knife and hold it at the correct angle (lots of guess work required) it can sharpen a knife, but why go to so much trouble?

Not Recommended.