Profile for C M Cotton > Reviews

Content by C M Cotton
Top Reviewer Ranking: 61

C M Cotton "Chris Cotton" (Europe and USA)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Braun PT5010 Precision Trimmer
Braun PT5010 Precision Trimmer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Good, 14 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have tested a number of trimmers over the years and this is probably the worst in terms of function. You insert the supplied battery, turn on and off it goes with the unit humming away. I tried to trim some shoulder hair with the shortest head and it struggled. The Philips trimmer which is designed or ear/nose hair does a better job. I did not bother with the heads that allow a longer trim as it was not cutting properly with the smallest head. If you take the head off and cut hair, then it leaves a sort of razer burn and is uncomfortable compared to the Philips trimmer. So with a head its not very useful, without the head it cuts in an uncomfortable way. It is simply not as good as a Philips nose trimmer.

Not Recommended

AEG STM7500S 7-Series Titanium Coated Blades Stick Mixer with Accessories, 700W, Stainless Steel

4.0 out of 5 stars Too Expensive, 12 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have had a Tefal Hand Blenders for over 20 years and it still works perfectly. This blender appears to be made from very high quality titanium materials on the outside but in fact is made from cheap plastic on the inside. I have my doubts it will last just as long as the Tefal and Braun hand blenders we have used in the past. It does have a very powerful 700 W motor and has numerous different speeds plus a Turbo function. The speeds are designed to pulverise the food for different purposes, such as soup or a sauce. It comes with 2 attachments, one for making sauces and a whisk for beating. Both work very well.

Overall, this is a nice looking but cheaply made unit, it is powerful and at this price should last any years.....but I am doubtful. Looking at the price difference, I would still favour the Tefal blenders, which cost 50% less than this one.

Dexam PP/Stainless Steel Passata Maker, Red
Dexam PP/Stainless Steel Passata Maker, Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to Beat, 12 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Simple to use, a doddle to clean and it makes great Passata and is very well made, is the best way to sum up this small but very useful machine.

I am very happy to Highly Recommend this great unit.

Amcrest ProHD 1080P WiFi Wireless IP Security Camera - 1080P (1920TVL), IP2M-841 (Black)
Offered by Foscam Digital Technologies UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera, 10 Feb. 2016
I was sent this product by the manufacturer to test, review and keep in return for an honest review.

I have to start this review by admitting I am not a computer whizz. but I am quite proficient in using them. I state this, because there tends to be an integral problem with these type of cameras and that is setting them up and getting them to broadcast. There is a lot of bits and pieces to do that are a bit beyond my understanding, so I always get the help of a friend to set them up. This camera is almost the same as every other camera of this type I have tested, in that getting the interface and so the camera to work, is technically quite difficult. Its not impossible and if you have good interface knowledge it can be done very quickly. It should not be so hard to set up and use the full capabilities of this camera.

The camera itself is VERY well made and once set up properly works very well, especially in low light. The picture quality is VERY good (given its price), the motion detection is good and has always worked well. Once it was set up I could watch the feed on my smartphone and computer. The wide angle lens gives a great range of view and the camera itself can be angled in many different ways, so giving you a very good picture. The picture it delivers under normal circumstances is HD 1080.

Once working the camera is very good and works well.....but I say it again, it should not be this difficult to set the camera up. I am happy to Recommended this camera but if you are not computer literate and confident at setting something like this up, you will need a friend who is.

Compatible Heads Toothbrush Heads For Philips Sonicare HX6014/26, Pro Results, DiamondClean, FlexCare, FlexCare Platinum, FlexCare+, HealthyWhite, Power Up, 2 Series, 3 Series and EasyClean - Standard Pack of 4
Offered by Consumer House UK Store

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Good + Manufacturer Tried to Get Review Altered + False Reviews, 10 Feb. 2016
UPDATE
I wrote the review below and was contacted by the manufacturer, demanding that I remove the review as they were not happy with it and did not want this review to warn people. I find the manufacturers behaviour borderline dishonest. They do not want negative reviews even if they are honest. This makes me even more suspicious about the reviews for this item. So I had a look at the other reviews, they appear to be different people. Click on their profile and you will see everyone of the reviewers have reviewed identical products sold on Amazon. It is VERY CLEAR from this that all 8 five star reviews have been posted by the same person. I will inform Amazon of this and I can only hope the clear dishonesty behind this product will be taken down. Personally I would not touch the heads nor the company with a barge pole, given their demands and the suspicious 5 star reviews..

I cannot understand why anyone would leave a 5 star review for these heads. I have a Sonicare brush and want to get the best from it. I have always used Philips own heads and have disliked the price, so this time I thought I would buy some generic heads. I looked at the very cheap heads and thought that buying 4 at £10 they should be of good quality. They arrived yesterday, I put one on the toothbrush and tried it.

They simply do not clean as well as a Philips head. Ill tell you how I know. I have a gap between two teeth and particles get caught in between the teeth and in the gum line. Yesterday I tried 3 times to remove the debris between the teeth and gum line and three times these heads did not do the job. I put an original head on and the bits that were stuck and they were removed immediately. Since swapping to a Sonicare from an Oral B, the problems of debris getting stuck between teeth have disappeared, yet with these heads the toothbrush did not remove such particles.

I was so hoping these would be as good as original heads, but they are not. I have returned them and will not be buying them again.

The Truth About Employee Engagement: A Fable About Addressing the Three Root Causes of Job Misery (J-B Lencioni Series)
by Patrick M. Lencioni

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Read, 9 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a business consultant and University Lecturer in International Business and Global Strategic Management at a University on Sofia, I have read many different books pertaining to business strategies. Many have been good, whilst most have been dull with a minority being almost unreadable. Very often I get the impression that the very complex books are written by people who are theoreticians rather than doers in business. So many ideas I have read, are for the pages of book and debate rather than the practice of business. This book is one of the exceptions, it is very readable and contains good ideas and advice.

The book is written as a story, examining a manager who takes on both a pizza restaurant and then a sporting company who then trys to turn them from making a loss into a profit by engaging with employees and making the work enjoyable.

The author examines what he calls the 3 Truths, 1. Measurement, 2. How Do I Make A Difference and 3. Who Knows Who You Are?

The book examines the Truths and explains that if managers do these 3 things, then employees will feel different and be motivated and so will be far more efficient.e will respond. This is all taught through gentle storytelling. It is quite a short book, but it is well written. There is very little jargon used in the storyline and I think many mangers could learn something from this book.

Whilst this is never going to be a book that sets the world alight, it is nevertheless a good read about employee motivation in the workplace and I am happy to Recommend it.

Neon Electronic® Bluetooth Speaker BTS662-05 with illustrious Design, Soundsphere Speaker
Offered by Neon Electronic

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 4 Feb. 2016
I received this item from the manufacturer in exchange for an honest review.

I have tested many different Bluetooth speakers for both the Vine programme and for manufacturers. Some have been exceptional, many have been good, very few have been poor. What is noticeable is how much better they are getting. This speaker system is borderline Very Good to Exceptional. To be fair, I have never heard of this company before they asked me to test the system and without having the item given to me I probably would have edged to buy a well known brand name. All I can say after testing the item is do not worry about the name, just enjoy the sound.

On opening the box, it is very clear this is very well made and looks very good quality. The subwoofer is large and is made from quality plastic, with a central metallic disc o the top of it, where the bass sound comes from. There are two small speakers, made from the same quality materials, which sit on small stands.Connecting everythingis very simple and the Bluetooth connection took seconds, everything paired easily. The sound it produces is on a par with a Klipsch system I tested about 2 years ago, which cost just over £199 at time of sale. It has very clear trebble from the small speakers, plenty of defined bass from the subwoofer. It is a very powerful desktop system. I have tried it with a range of music. Operatic voices are reproduced with clarity, disco superb, classical defined simply put overall sound is outstanding. The biggest thing I have against this set, it the sound is pre programmed and you cannot alter the bass and there may be too much of it for some people. Why build such unit and not give some ability to control the subwoofer?

Overall the sound produced is outstanding, but is let down by not being able to alter the boom of the bass. If you want a loud, well defined sounding system, that can sit on a desk (hide the subwoofer) then this is for you and I am happy to Highly Recommend the system.

Seneo Wireless Security Video Baby Monitor with Night Vision, Temperature Monitoring, Five Lullabies and Two-Way Audio Remote System
Offered by GoldenSwing

4.0 out of 5 stars Feature Packed Monitor.....But Not Perfect, 4 Feb. 2016
I received this item from the manufacturer in exchange for an honest review.

This is the second baby monitor I have tested and this one is by far the best one. It has some very clever features, but is let down somewhat by the less than HD picture and sound. Packaged in the box is the wireless camera, the base receiver, two mains adapters and an instruction booklet. You will need to buy 4 AAA batteries for the receiver, as they are not included.

Setup is relatively easy, install, plug the camera in, install batteries, turn the camera and receiver on and they connected immediately, it was that simple. What immediately is clear is the picture produced is not HD quality. It is clear and recognisable, but its not HD. In fairness you don't really need HD quality, this is more of an alarm system so you know when the baby is crying or distressed. The unit has some great features such as the ability to zoom in and check different parts of the picture, from the receiver. In darkness it and automatically switches to black-and-white mode with and emits in infra-red. The quality does suffer in this mode with unclear images and overexposure, if the baby is too close to the camera. Other note-able features, you can record direct to a micro SD card, audio can be turned on for a two way conversation, Also you can press a button on the receiver and play one of five lullabies. A temperature monitor is built into the camera and will alter you if the room goes below 15c or above 29c. The screen can be put on Power Save and will switch off after 30 seconds but will turn back on a noise in the room is detected.

Overall this is not a perfect camera. Better lens in the camera would help a lot, but overall this is one of the best baby monitors I have tested. Recommended.

SHAVING BRUSH - Badger Hair Brushes For Mens Shave Set From Benny's of London Ensures the Best Close Shave Made From 100% Pure Badger Hair With High Quality Metal Handle To Deliver The Most Luxurious Shave Lather - Enhance Your Shave Experience Now!
Offered by Benny's Of London

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value Brush, 29 Jan. 2016
I received this item via a 100% discount code issued by the manufacturer, in exchange for an honest review.

I have used the superior, in fact much superior Badger brushes from Kent for many years. They are soft but not too soft, come in a beautiful leather travel box and have a stand with them, but they cost about 50% more than this brush. This brush comes in a thick round cardboard box, with the name BENNY'S printed on the outside. The box looks very stylish. The brush itself is quite thin and the handle is made from a combination of plastic and steel. There is no stand with this brush, which all the other brushes I have used, come with. The brush is soft, but not too soft, so it can do its job properly. The whole point of using a brush, is to soften the hairs and make them stand up. This brush is perfect for the job.

Whilst this is not equal to a Kent brush, it still offers great value and does its job as it should for about the 50% less than a Kent. I am therefore happy to Highly Recommend this brush.

Do yourself a favour, don't buy this one buy a Kent Badger brush, you will see the difference with the first shave.

Natures Way Oregon Grape Root 100 Capsules
Natures Way Oregon Grape Root 100 Capsules
Offered by OTCFORYOU

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Detox Support, 29 Jan. 2016
I bought this product to help fight Candida. Candida is a debilitating yeast overgrowth infection, in the intestinal track. In order to support the liver and aid the detox of the body I take this supplement. I have found it to be far more potent and effective than Milk Thistle. This is not a herb that can be taken on a long term basis, but as a 3 week liver support supplement it is very good.

I am happy with Natures Way brand and it does deliver a high potency tablet at an affordable price.

Impressed.