Profile for C M Cotton > Reviews

Content by C M Cotton
Top Reviewer Ranking: 90

C M Cotton "Chris Cotton" (Europe and USA)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Foscam C1 720P Mini Wireless Cube Wide Viewing Angle IP Camera - Black
Foscam C1 720P Mini Wireless Cube Wide Viewing Angle IP Camera - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the Price, 31 July 2015
I was given this camera by the manufacturer to test and review.

I have tested a great number of camera's for manufacturers and none were as simple to set up and use as this one. I connected it to my Android phone and within 15 minutes of unpacking, everything was working as it should. The camera itself is small and compact but given its price, it offers terrific picture quality in daylight and at night. It is very easy to log into the camera from my phone and is ideal for keeping an eye on the house when you are away. I have the App set so that it sends me automatic messages when it detects any kind of movement. If you want more detailed/live pictures, then all you have to do is log into the manufacturers website and view the Live feed. The instructions are detailed and everything was very straightforward.

I am therefore happy to recommend this camera, it offers good resolution at a relatively low price

TaoTronics LED Desk Lamp Dimmable Touch Eye-Care with USB Charger Port (12W, Silver, Adjustable Aluminum Arm & Head, Slide Touch-Sensitive Control Panel, No Dark Area, No Ghosting, No Glaring) - TT-DL13
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product, 29 July 2015
I was given this product to try, test, review and keep in return for an honest review.

I have had a number of desk lights in the past and I have occasionally splurged money on them if the design looked good. All of them were good, but most lacked the ability to move the lamp head to the exact position I required or did not dim from very bright without changing the bulb. When I was offered this desk light, it appeared to offer everything I required from a light and a lot more.

It arrived in a very swish looking box with a plastic handle on top. It has a heavy base, a flexible goose-neck pole with an LED light and a charging unit. It was very simple to put together, everything either screws into each-other or snaps on. It is very obvious that this is a well made product, it feels very solid. The goose-neck pole can be adjusted to virtually any angle you require and the LED lamp can also swivel round the holding pin holding. The light itself has several light settings, Cool White, White, Natural Light, Yellow, and Warm Yellow and it requires a simple touch to the touch sensitive slide bar, which is located on the base of them lamp to select the brightness. Overall it is a wonderful lamp that can be adapted for use in most environments.

At a price of £19.99 this product offers remarkable value and is of outstanding quality, given the price. I am very happy to give it a Highly Recommended review, as it just so clever and versatile.

Philips Pulse Relief Wireless Electro Pulse Therapy
Philips Pulse Relief Wireless Electro Pulse Therapy

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product a Few Potential Drawbacks, 28 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been using a Med-Fit 3® Digital Dual Channel TENS Machine for almost 2 years for pain relief after a car accident. The aforementioned machine has 4 sticky electrodes and so it can positioned around a particular spot or it can be used for wide ranging relief. The machine is also connected to the control box by wires and overall it works very well. When this item came up on the Vine programme I thought I would jump at the chance of owning a "better"/more expensive machine.

Firstly, the control centre is actually your phone, in particular an Apple phone or tablet. If you have an Android smartphone you have to download a specific App to make it work. This device will not work with a Windows based phone nor a Blackberry.

Secondly, it is very clever in what it can do. It is wireless and it does have 15 treatments with 60 intensity levels, with advanced pulse sensation but it only has two heads.This means that the adaptability I have with my original Tens machine is less so with this more expensive product. With my old product I can get a much more wide ranging stimulation of say neck and shoulders, than this two head machine will allow. To some this will not matter, as with acute pain you will want all the electrode heads close together, so as to alleviate specific pain in a small area.

Thirdly, I prefer the Philips "long lasting magnetically attached electrodes with patented hydrogel technology" as it is less sticky and they come off skin easily without pulling at any hairs.

Fourth, the device appears to be very well made and is certainly less flimsy than my original machine. The Bluetooth connectivity works and you can set the pulse rate exactly as you need it and with the 60 pulse levels it is far more adjustable than my cheaper Tens machine.

Overall this is a great machine and it does relieve pain. It would be a World beater if it had 4 "heads" but even with just the 2 it does its job relatively well. I am therefore happy to Recommend this product.

BLU Win HD 4G SIM-Free Smartphone - White
BLU Win HD 4G SIM-Free Smartphone - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the Price, 28 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I recetly bought a Motorola smartphone, which was a great buy, until it downloaded KitKat and it has given me nothing but technical issues. It needs a complete re-set, but I needed another phone before I take it to get fixed. This rather inexpensive phone appeared on my Vine list, so I thought I would give it a go.

The phone has a, 5-inch IPS HD Display, a 8MP camera, it allows for Dual SIM, it has 8GB storage and a microSD slot so it can be expanded upto 32GB and it operates on the Windows Phone 8.1 platform. I have to say, I dislike Windows 8.1 intensely. Two years ago I had to buy a new laptop and having had two Windows 8 machines from Costco, I realised that W8 was not something I wanted to use. I eventually bought a Dell XPS Ultrabook with Windows 7 Pro and it has never let me down. In saying all of this, W8 was designed for this type of device and when used like this it is just about OK. I will never like it, but on a phone it works better than when its on a laptop.

The Camera is OK, nothing special and not a patch on the Motorola I have. It will not give you sufficiently good enough photos to replace a compact camera. The video records in 1080. One of the biggest issues with this phone, is the lack of LTE, some users will want this technology in the future. The screen is a warp around type and the resolution is very good, given the price. The Dual Sim is great, as I have a foreign Sim in my phone and it makes travelling so much easier. You can keep your UK Sim in and use a local network Sim at the same time. There is nothing remarkable about this phone and it doesn't really have any novel features, but for a phone costing £129, it is solid, looks good and is a great entry level phone.

Whilst it may not be a world beater, at the price it is offered at, it is reasonable and I am happy to recommend it, if you want a phone to call people on and have some internet connection. Good for the price.

MaxiNutrition Progain Mass and Size Protein Shake Powder 1.5 kg - Strawberry
MaxiNutrition Progain Mass and Size Protein Shake Powder 1.5 kg - Strawberry

4.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Powder, 27 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have used this powders before in smoothies, to add a bit of punch to them. This powder mixes very well and does not clump together. I do not take it every day, as the weight gain can be great when using it daily. The taste is quite nice and not too artificial but it is very sweet. To put it succinctly, if you want a weight gain product, that works and is reasonably priced then look no further. I am happy recommend this product.

Murad Age Reform Rapid Collagen Infusion 30 ml
Murad Age Reform Rapid Collagen Infusion 30 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable, 25 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There are moistures at the top end of the price scale and there are moisturisers at the bottom. At the price this has been offered at, it sits somewhere in the middle to high price range. So does it work? Well as others have said, its not a product that will vanish all signs of ageing in a few simple applications. As with most wrinkle products, it takes time and using this product for over a week there are very few signs of any real improvement. The bottle itself looks nice but other than that, it is difficult to recommend this product. If Mrs C changes her mind and she sees improvements, then I will happily update this review.

Find it difficult to recommend this product, given the rather high price.

BTSKY™ Plug-in Cordless Door Bell Wireless Door Chime Two Receivers with Sound and LED Flash 36 Melodies IP44 Waterproof Transmitter Up to 120m Range White
Offered by Homefe

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality and Relaible, 20 July 2015
I was sent this item by the manufacturer to test and review.

Elegant Bell units, Odd (but conspicuous) door Push and totally reliable so far....

The white with transparent green Door Push is a rather strange shape in my view, but very noticeable. A potentially good point, reducing the number of times a caller doesn't notice it and only knocks on the door (a useless way to try and bring me to the door in my old Victorian house)!

The bell units are mains plug-in type with no through socket. The white colour is inconspicuous, but when the unit does catch your eye it's quite pleasantly elegant. They are white plastic, but the finish is good quality with a smart silver trim. The control buttons are mounted in a circle (iPod-like) and this also houses the night light. There are many sounds to choose from, many of them non-bell like (saxophone and others, if that's your thing) and 3 volume level selections.

There is a light sensor on the side of the Bell unit which switches on the night light in the 'dark'... however, it is set a little too sensitive; your slight shadow as you walk past it in the daytime is enough to flicker the light on (a little distracting). If you place it in a multi-socket with another plug obscuring the light sensor this is enough for the night light to be permanently on!

Totally reliable so far, after about 3 weeks of use with almost daily deliveries to my door. The signal to the furthest bell passes through two glass doors, one brick wall and a floor (considering a direct line of signal travel from the Push to the Bell); strength seems good therefore for a medium size house.

A good reliable set-up with elegant Bell units, night light (over-sensitive) and conspicuous Door Push. For the price, very good!

X-Sense CO03JF Battery Powered Carbon Monoxide Alarm CO Detector Sensor Alarm Meter Tester with Backlight Digital LCD Display
Offered by Avantek UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 20 July 2015
I was sent this product by the manufacturer to test and keep in exchange for an honest review.

We have a gas boiler and fire. We all know the dangers of monoxide leaks and how fatal they can be. This well designed unit can sense any leak and with its 85 decibel alarm, will wake anyone up, if such a leak occurs. Set up was easy, place the supplied batteries into the unit, screw the backplate into the wall, we actually stuck it to the wall with velcro pads. The alarm is working once the green light illuminates. There is also a low battery warning light, so you will know exactly when the batteries need changing. There is also an LED panel, which tells you about any leak it detects and at what level.

Overall this is a fantastic unit and I am happy to Highly Recommend it.

Fitness & Activity Tracker by fitWaves - Best Wireless Wristband Watch with Pedometer Tracks Your Steps, Sleep, Calories Burned - iPhone & Android Compatible Via Bluetooth - Monitor and Improve your Fitness today!
Offered by Retroprice

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 20 July 2015
I was given this product by the manufacturer to test and keep in exchange for an honest review.

I have tested a number of these type of "fitness" bracelets before and in all honesty they are all much of a muchness. They tell the time, they have four alarms, they count how many steps you take (pedometer), it can calculate the amount of calories you have expended, the distance you go (Miles of KM) a timer and a sleep mode, which keeps track of your sleep patterns. You can set your 15 day fitness goals into it and it can monitor where you are, in relation to your goal. There are more expensive models sold by Fitbit that do more than this watch, but this is sold at a lower price and the functions will cover most peoples needs.

The construction appears to be good, but again its design does not stand out from the rest of the competition. Its made from reasonably good materials and should last.It connects to your mobile phone, once you have downloaded the FitWaves Activity Tracker App and then synced it to my Motorola phone via BlueTooth. Set up is very easy. What is not so easy is the actual set up, of the watch settings. As the previous reviewer has said, you cannot have Miles and a 24 hour clock. With the miles mode set, you can only have time in AM and PM, which is not a deal breaker for me. Charging is fast, and is done via a magnetic cable.

Overall this is a nice looking, well made watch, which does exactly what it's makers say it does. It is well priced and solid and I am happy to Highly Recommend it to anyone looking for a low priced fitness watch.

MaxiNutrition Cyclone Strength and Power Protein Shake Powder 1.26 kg - Strawberry

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a Great Formulation, 19 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have used Protein powders before in smoothies, to add a bit of punch to them. This powder does not mix very well and stays clumped together. There is far too much sugar in it and the taste is not great. Overall if this had not been free with Vine, I don't think I would have been very happy paying so much for it. I find it very hard to recommend this product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20