Profile for C. M. Cotton > Reviews

Content by C. M. Cotton
Top Reviewer Ranking: 60

C. M. Cotton "Chris Cotton" (Europe and USA)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Philips Avent SCF721/20 Baby Food Storage Cups (180/240ml) - Pack of 10
Philips Avent SCF721/20 Baby Food Storage Cups (180/240ml) - Pack of 10

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality, 30 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I ordered these Food Storage Cups to add to the ones we already have. We use them for normal food storage as they are so well designed. Each large cup is just the right size to store a portion of pre cooked food and the small ones an accompaniment. Each cup has a measure running along the side. They are made from quality plastic and can be used in the microwave. We have also put them in the freezer and they have always defrosted without any issue. The screw on tops make them completely leak proof. They also supposedly come sterilised, but personally I am not sure if they are.

Overall these are very useful cups which can be utilised in many different ways and I am very happy to highly recommend them.

Igenix Stainless Steel Catering Urn, 15 Litre, 1650 Watt
Igenix Stainless Steel Catering Urn, 15 Litre, 1650 Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Urn, 29 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an excellent looking and well made product. Simply put this is a 15 Litre water urn, with a 1650 water heater. It has a clip shut lid and a drip free tap. It is quite light and can be transported with relative ease. There is an automatic fail safe system, that turns off the heating element if it were to boil dry. There is a light on it that shows you when the water has reached boiling point. On the front there is also a clear part, which indicates how much water is in the urn. There is also a setting that will keep the urn contents at a constant 100 Celsius.

Overall this is a super fast urn that boils water with a 1650 W electric element. It is made from quality materials and has exactly the features you need for commercial use. I am very happy to highly recommend this product.

Dettol Power and Fresh Citrus Zest Spray 750 ml (Pack of 3)
Dettol Power and Fresh Citrus Zest Spray 750 ml (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality, 28 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is quite a large bottle (750ml) of all purpose antibacterial cleaner. It has a light fragrance of citrus fruits, which is not overpowering. The cleaning power of this particular brand is excellent. We sprayed a surface that had oil on it. Usually it takes two or three applications of our usual brand, for it to cut through the grease, with this product it cleaned it up in one application.

I am impressed with the cleaning power of this product and I am very happy to Highly Recommend it.

Sena SNOWTALK-01 Bluetooth Headset and Intercom
Sena SNOWTALK-01 Bluetooth Headset and Intercom

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea but Flimsy Construction, 26 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was sent these headsets via the Vine I was given 2 headsets and they came packaged together. The units themselves are a bit flimsy and looking at them I think they will not take too much wear and tear. Given the stresses of skiing, I was expecting something a bit more robust. The headsets work perfectly well and are very good in terms of connectivity and they allow for a good distance between the two headsets. I have not lost contact with my wife whilst testing them on a walk. They appear to be the correct size to fit the helmets we have. These sets offer a more private conversation between two people and also have easy connectivity with your phone and so making/receiving calls is easy. Overall I am happy to recommend the sets, just wish they were made from less flimsy materials.

Breaking Big: The Business Doctors' No-Nonsense Guide to Achieving Breakthrough Growth for Your Business
by The Business Doctors

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Concise Read, 26 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a international business mentor and consultant I am always on the look out for good business books, especially ones that cut to the chase. This is a no nonsense guide to helping any small to medium size business owner assess their business and strategy for growth. It is very well structured and covers most business sectors. I would suggest a general read first and then go back to the book and delve into the most relevant chapter or chapters referring to the issues or problems confronting your business. I am happy to recommend this concise business book.

Rossi Top Italian Wine Selection (Case of 6 - Red Wine)
Rossi Top Italian Wine Selection (Case of 6 - Red Wine)
Offered by Libiamo Wines

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Bordering on Sublime, 25 Jan. 2015
The company sent me 3 different bottles of red wine to try and review in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. This review is for their superlative Maremma Toscana from the Antonio Camillo Vineyard, Gulfi from the Di Vittoria Vineyard and finally
I have tested a number of wines for Amazon wine programme and I have to say it is nice to see independent vintners now selling their wines on Amazon. This seller, which is a partnership between the very nice Antonia and the British based Alan, have sourced little known wines from small scale and often hard to find Vineyards in Italy.

The three wines were delivered swiftly and came in a very nice box. Inside the box were Tasting cards which are beautifully designed. Each card has a full colour bottle of the wine on the front and on the back are very comprehensive tasting notes. Also in the box were various cards advertising the extra services that the company has to offer. I was impressed by the initial overall package, as presented by this new company.

So 5 marks out of 5 for delivery and presentation, but how good is their wine? The bottles have very simple labels and quite frankly would not have caught my eye in a supermarket. What the labels belie are wines of great depth and taste.

The Toscano The colour has a wonderful deep ruby red hue. I was a little surprised as I was expecting a slightly paler colour, one more akin with a Pinot Noir. So I had been warned by the deep hue to expect something with a detailed/complex taste and this wine did not fail to deliver. The aroma was a wonderfully complex cherry and bramble fragrance. The first taste that wafts across the pallet is one that is more akin to a Rioja, strong and defined yet it pales to a wonderful lingering after-taste of ripe fruity cherries. The tannins are of medium intensity and the wine has well balanced acidity.

This was the first wine we opened from this wonderful company and it was very good. We ate an Italian meal of pasta and home made tomato sauce and this wine complimented the meal choice perfectly.

The Gulfi was more of a Nero D'Avolatype of blend. It had a wonderful bright red colour with a taste of strawberry and melon combined. I found it wonderfully soft with a fresh fruit after taste. It was a perfect match for a delicious home-made pizza. I have a special word for this type of wine and it is "quafable".....which means it is one of those wines that can be drunk with or without food and even slightly chilled if preferred.

The third wine tested was the Grosjean, which we had with Christmas lunch. The tasting card talks about it being peculira, all I can say it was the best wine we tested and one that be honoured with an award. It was a wine that was dominated by blackberries and bramble fruits, giving a divine almost sweet after-taste. It was the perfect accomplishment to Roast Beef.

Overall I think this company deserves to do very well, based upon the three wines they sent me. All were super but the Grosjean was just a bit ahead of the other two in terms of quality. All three wines offer tremendous value, as the overall taste of each was exquisite, given the price. I am therefore happy to Highly Recommend these wines.

Natures Plus Adult's Exotic Red Fruit Chewable 60
Natures Plus Adult's Exotic Red Fruit Chewable 60
Offered by Healthstore

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Multi Vitamin with Added Extras, 25 Jan. 2015
Firstly, I have been taking supplements for many years. I have two close friends who have Health Food Shops. Both friends recommend Natures Plus Gold, Ultra and these Exotic Vitamins, as being very good in terms of quality and absorption. This particular Multi Vit is not a strong as the Gold or Ultra but at an average price of £15 a pot, they do offer great value. They include 50mg of Exotic Red Fruits, which help energy production and the elimination of free radicals. Secondly these are chewable, which helps those who cannot swallow the large tablets of the Ultra range. I must say I find the initial taste perfectly fine and do not get a bad after taste.

Overall this is a well balanced, good Multi Vit, which is easily absorbable and does give you a feeling of extra energy. I am happy to Recommend them.

Finish Quantum Original 2 x Pack of 30 (60 Dishwasher Tablets)
Finish Quantum Original 2 x Pack of 30 (60 Dishwasher Tablets)
Offered by TKGIFTS (Please Note No Delivery To Jersey, Guernsey etc).

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 24 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have used Finish in our Smeg dishwasher for over 10 years. We have always found that it dissolves easily and leaves pots and glasses sparkling. We have not had any issues that other reviewers have had with the tablets not dissolving or leaving a residue on the glasses. Overall these are good quality blocks, which get rid of hardened/dried in dirt and I am happy to Recommend them.

10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse: Lose Up to 15 Pounds in 10 Days!
10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse: Lose Up to 15 Pounds in 10 Days!
by J.J. Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 16 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been juicing and then using a Nutribullet/Ninja Bullet for many years. I bought a smoothie maker many years ago and did not like the drink it made. I therefore used the Ninja Bullet with the recipe's in this book. I had a car accident 2 years ago, which has left me unable to exercise in the gym. As a result, I have put 2 stone on in weight and have felt tired and bloated on almost a daily basis. I saw this book on the Vine list and thought I would give it a try. So far, I have found the juicers easy to make and I do feel more energised. I am not obsessed by the amount of Lbs I loose but how I feel and I feel so much better. My energy has increased and I do not feel as bloated as I did. I will update this review as we progress.

So far, I am happy with the results and so I am happy to Recommend this book.

McAfee Total Protection 2015 - 1 PC (PC) [Frustration-Free Packaging]
McAfee Total Protection 2015 - 1 PC (PC) [Frustration-Free Packaging]

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok But......., 16 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have tried and tested many different Virus/Safety software packages over the years and most have been limited in what they can do or they slow my Ultrabook down so much I end up taking them off. As a Lecturer at Indiana University, I was advised to use McAfee by the University Network admin, who suggested it was the best software to use. I was using a Pentium laptop with a large HD and fast RAM when I initially downloaded the McAfee software and quite frankly it still disrupted every aspect of my computer. When I had to remove the software about a year later, my computer had difficulty running properly after removal. I was therefore rather worried about trying this software again, but I had assumed McAfee would have made better software by now.

Firstly, I no longer believe McAfee offers the best protection. Having read many reviews on this software, it is clear that it does let viruses through and you still have to be very careful. Having used AVG (paid for software) I have so far never had any issues with viruses. The McAfee product comes in a CD type package and it contains a code, which when entered into the McAfee website allows for the downloading of the software. It took about 40 minutes to fully download but the whole operation was very straightforward. It is very noticeable that the software has yet again slowed my Ultrabook, as it is a very RAM intensive. I have to say it is unlikely I will tolerate the slow down in processing power, due to using this product. So far nothing has gotten through the firewall protection, so it is working.

Yet again a Virus software package has slowed my Ultrabook down to an unacceptable level and yet again I will probably have to un-install it. So far it has protected my computer, but the slow down of my Ultrabook means I will probably reinstall AVG, as my software of choice for an Ultrabook.

I find it difficult to recommend this package when using it on an Ultrabook.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20