Profile for C M Cotton > Reviews

Content by C M Cotton
Top Reviewer Ranking: 75

C M Cotton "Chris Cotton" (Europe and USA)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 Multi Device: 5 Device, 1 Year [Frustration-Free Packaging] (PC/Mac/Android)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Protection, 24 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have tried and tested many different Virus/Safety software packages over the years and most have been limited in what they can do or they slowed my Ultrabook down so much, I end up removing the programme from my computer. To sum up, every programme I have tried via the Vine programme has slowed my Ultrabook down. When I saw the Kaspersky software on Vine with its claim that it does not slow the computer down, I was highly sceptical.

Firstly, the Kaspersky product comes in a CD type package and it contains a code, which when entered into the website allows for the downloading of the software. It did not take long to download and initially the whole operation was very straightforward. Secondly, once working the Safe Money feature does not work with Firefox and you have to fiddle with it to make it work. I gave it to a friend who is a computer expert to get it to work. Once working, the software does not seem to have slowed down my Ultrabook. It runs happily in the background and it is hardly noticeable. Whilst it may be too early to say for definite, but so far, it has protected my computer and no viruses have gotten through the firewall. Kaspersky is supposed to be one of the best Internet Security products on the market and I am happy with its protection.

Overall it offers protection and it has not slowed down my Ultrabook, so far I am happy to recommend it, but get someone to fine tune the Safe Money feature, as it does not work properly and can be very frustrating to fix for a non computer whizz.

Wahl Rex Mini Pro Corded Pet Trimmer
Wahl Rex Mini Pro Corded Pet Trimmer

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the Price, 21 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very nice quality product, given its low price.

The packaging does leave a lot to be desired, but once opened it contains the clippers, scissors, oil and a clipper guard/head. The actual clippers appear to be well made and cut very well. The scissors are sharp and are of a good quality.

Overall this is a great starter kit for the novice. I am therefore happy to Highly Recommend the product.

Murad Environmental Shield Essential-C Day Moisture SPF30 50 ml
Murad Environmental Shield Essential-C Day Moisture SPF30 50 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 19 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This was another product which Mrs C became the guinea pig. The product is a moisturising cream with a high sun protection factor (30) blended in. It is designed to be used on the face and hands. The quality of the product becomes evident very quickly, it is quite thin in consistency it absorbs straight into the skin, leaving no residue nor greasiness. The smell is of a delicate fruit essence and is very pleasing. The product is not cheap, but a small amount goes a long way. The product itself leaves the skin super soft and we are therefore very happy to Highly Recommend it.

Philips NT3160/10 Nose Hair, Ear Hair and Eyebrow Trimmer Series 3000
Philips NT3160/10 Nose Hair, Ear Hair and Eyebrow Trimmer Series 3000

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 14 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This product by Philips, does seem to work and although its made to feel cheap and very plastic, I am happy to recommend it.

It is made of plastic and comes with the necessary battery and several different cutting heads. The actual head is different from the other pull and cut systems I have tried before. With no pulling, this head shaves off the hairs brilliantly, with tiny shaving type of serrated heads. It is simply brilliant. The other attachment that goes on the top of the unit is a small hair clipper which is designed for trimming sideburns,and one for eyebrows.. The only thing you must be careful of is that you clean the serrated head with water. If you do this every time you use it, it does not jam and works like a dream.

It is simply one of the best hair trimmers I have bought, it does its job and is reliable if looked after.

Highly Recommended.

The Breath Co Fresh Breath Oral Rinse - 500 ml, Icy Mint
The Breath Co Fresh Breath Oral Rinse - 500 ml, Icy Mint

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Taste, 11 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have used mouthwashes to deal with sensitive teeth and it has worked very well. I usually use non alcohol Oral B Professional Line, which is minty and contains blue bits of fluoride. Whilst it is not the strongest taste, it has stopped the extreme sensitivity. When I saw this mouthwash on Vine, I thought I would try it. Whilst it is far too early to testify about its protection for sensitive teeth, it is very minty, has a very pleasant after-taste and it does keep your breath smelling very good all day. It does not contain alcohol, so it does not hurt or smart when using. Overall this is a great tasting, all round great mouthwash, which I am happy to recommend.

Pest-Stop PSIR-LH Large House Pest Repeller - White
Pest-Stop PSIR-LH Large House Pest Repeller - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 11 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We live in the country and as such we do get a a few issues with mice, especially in winter, which freaks out my wife. We also live in Sofia, Bulgaria, which in the summer can have a few issues with creepy crawlies, which I absolutely loath. We have tried different solutions for the mice, but after mouse traps and poison I decided to try another solution, a Repeller, with a smaller area of effectiveness than this device. We installed it in the garage (not attached to the House) and it worked. The problem was the mice then decided to use a drain to go upstairs and find the store cupboard. This is when we obtained this device. This device will cover 4000Sqf, which covers the house and garage. So far we have not had any issues with mice, ants or any kind of roach and so this makes me feel that this plug works.

There is just one issue that may effect some people. If you have a house that has some infestation of mice or insects, this item will help eradicate them, the issue you must be aware of is that if they are in your house already, you will notice them trying to "leave" within the first 4 to 5 days, so you may think the situation is getting worse.

I am happy to recommend this product, as it has helped keep the mice out of the garage and the home.

Ink Jet Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Replacement for Canon - 510 Black
Ink Jet Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Replacement for Canon - 510 Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Expensive, 8 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a reasonable non cannon print cartridge. It produces clear print and is filled to 12mg rather than the standard 9mg of most other refills. The major issue I have with this product is price. Why is an after market refill more expensive than a genuine cannon replacement? Personally I would never consider buying this product, given the price difference between this and a genuine replacement.

Why would you buy it?

Frederick the Great: King of Prussia
Frederick the Great: King of Prussia
by Tim Blanning

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 8 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Today, the way history is taught focuses more on Hitler and Stalin than on what inspired these despots. Hitler had an admiration for Frederick and in essence he created the foundation for modern Germany. This book gives a very comprehensive analysis of this great figure from history. It is a very thick book, full of interesting detail about this fascinating character. It looks honestly at Frederick's homosexuality, the death of his lover, at the hands of his father and how that affected his future behaviour. It looks at his later life and examine's his complex relationships with the people around him and how that shaped the future Germany.

This is a fascinating and comprehensive tome of work examining the life of a fascinating historical figure. I am happy to highly recommend it.

Blusmart® Super Mini Wireless WiFi OBDII Diagnostic Scanner Auto Scan Tool OBD2 Code Reader with Adapter for Windows IOS Android Torque ,Compatible with 1996 and Later Vehicles
Offered by Linkpower

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea, 6 May 2015
I was sent this item by the manufacturer to test and review.

My old car was a Saab 95 and how I wish I had one of these whilst owning this car. After years of faithful service, it developed a fault and kept brining up a check engine light. Every time it did it, I had to take it to a Saab specialist to determine if it was serious and to switch it off. This device would have saved me so much hassle as I could read the code/codes myself and determine if it was serious. Firstly you need to download the supplied software. The unit then plugs into the diagnostic socket, mine is underneath the steering wheel. It paired very quickly with both my Ultrabook and phone. You enter the details of the car and year and off you go. It determines what the code means and allows you to clear the code, if you want to. The beauty of this device is that it gives you a clear understanding of the seriousness of the problem and whether it is a quick fix or something you need to take to the garage. I just wish this had been available when I had my Saab.

Overall this is a very clever device and due to the ability for it to connect into the phone, it allows diagnostics by the side of the road. I am happy to highly recommend this product.

HP F8T76AA#ABB - 17.3 FULL FEATURED BACKPACK
HP F8T76AA#ABB - 17.3 FULL FEATURED BACKPACK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but Not the Best, 2 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great quality rucksack that gives you a large amount of space and is suitable for a 17 inch laptop. The zips, stitching, seams and material are all made to last, but the buckle snaps appear to be a bit flimsy and I do not know how long they would last if put under pressure, The front compartment is for pens and small items, as it has pen holders and a small pocket with velcro on. The back compartment is for the laptop and is large enough for a 17 inch laptop, it also has padded straps at the back. There are two other compartments where you can store larger items. Overall this is a large, well made backpack, but it is not of the same quality as a Swissgear rucksack and I think some of the construction is a bit flimsy.....but only time will tell.

I am therefore happy to highly recommend the bag.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20