Profile for C. M. Cotton > Reviews

Content by C. M. Cotton
Top Reviewer Ranking: 60

C. M. Cotton "Chris Cotton" (Europe and USA)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse: Lose Up to 15 Pounds in 10 Days!
10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse: Lose Up to 15 Pounds in 10 Days!
by J.J. Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 16 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been juicing and then using a Nutribullet/Ninja Bullet for many years. I bought a smoothie maker many years ago and did not like the drink it made. I therefore used the Ninja Bullet with the recipe's in this book. I had a car accident 2 years ago, which has left me unable to exercise in the gym. As a result, I have put 2 stone on in weight and have felt tired and bloated on almost a daily basis. I saw this book on the Vine list and thought I would give it a try. So far, I have found the juicers easy to make and I do feel more energised. I am not obsessed by the amount of Lbs I loose but how I feel and I feel so much better. My energy has increased and I do not feel as bloated as I did. I will update this review as we progress.

So far, I am happy with the results and so I am happy to Recommend this book.

McAfee Total Protection 2015 - 1 PC (PC) [Frustration-Free Packaging]
McAfee Total Protection 2015 - 1 PC (PC) [Frustration-Free Packaging]

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok But......., 16 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have tried and tested many different Virus/Safety software packages over the years and most have been limited in what they can do or they slow my Ultrabook down so much I end up taking them off. As a Lecturer at Indiana University, I was advised to use McAfee by the University Network admin, who suggested it was the best software to use. I was using a Pentium laptop with a large HD and fast RAM when I initially downloaded the McAfee software and quite frankly it still disrupted every aspect of my computer. When I had to remove the software about a year later, my computer had difficulty running properly after removal. I was therefore rather worried about trying this software again, but I had assumed McAfee would have made better software by now.

Firstly, I no longer believe McAfee offers the best protection. Having read many reviews on this software, it is clear that it does let viruses through and you still have to be very careful. Having used AVG (paid for software) I have so far never had any issues with viruses. The McAfee product comes in a CD type package and it contains a code, which when entered into the McAfee website allows for the downloading of the software. It took about 40 minutes to fully download but the whole operation was very straightforward. It is very noticeable that the software has yet again slowed my Ultrabook, as it is a very RAM intensive. I have to say it is unlikely I will tolerate the slow down in processing power, due to using this product. So far nothing has gotten through the firewall protection, so it is working.

Yet again a Virus software package has slowed my Ultrabook down to an unacceptable level and yet again I will probably have to un-install it. So far it has protected my computer, but the slow down of my Ultrabook means I will probably reinstall AVG, as my software of choice for an Ultrabook.

I find it difficult to recommend this package when using it on an Ultrabook.

TaoTronics® Bluetooth 4.0 Receiver Hands-Free Car Kit (Supports aptX, Stereo Music, Built-in Mic, 10-metre range, 2.1A USB charger)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product Which Works, 15 Jan. 2015
I was asked to test and review and then keep this product by the manufacturer, in return for an honest review.

Over the last 2 years I have reviewed some very useful and well made items for TaoTronics and this item is no exception. It is very similar to the Parrot rage of Hands Free telecommunications products, but at a lower price. The unit itself has a magnetic surface on the rear of the unit, so it can easily attach itself to the car. If there is no metal then it also comes with a sticky pad with which to attach it.

I found the set-up to be very easy, you get a USB cigarette lighter charger with the item, just plug this in and then plug the unit into the charger and plug the 3.5m headphone jack into the sound system and you are already to pair the phone with the unit. Pairing took seconds and I was all ready to go. If you have an NFC enabled phone then this product supports such a connection.

The operation of the unit was very easy, you just press the button on the unit and press it again to stop the call. If you have a 3.5m headphone jack on your car audio system, the phone call is played through the cars system. The quality of the call is very good, with clear sound emitting from the device.

Overall this is a well made, simple to install product that works. I am therefore very happy to Highly Recommend the item.

TaoTronics® Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Stereo Headset Earphone (A2DP, Hands-Free Calling, Built-in Mic, 6 Hr Battery)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Earphones, 13 Jan. 2015
I received these headphones from the manufacturer in return for an honest review.

I have reviewed many different headphones and earphones, especially for the Vine programme. I should start by saying that reviewing such products as earphones is very subjective, as how I hear something may not be how someone else hears the same piece of music. Saying this I have found that these TaoTronic earphones produce fantastic sound reproduction and are clearly well made given the price.

These lightweight earphones are made from good quality materials and they are lite which makes them easy to wear for long periods, without tiring the ears. These are sweat proof earphones so are ideal for use in the gym. The sound they produce is simply awesome, given the price. The treble is light, the mid range is quite well defined and the bass is good. Quite simply for the price level of this set, they produce a great sound. I was able to connect them very quickly once they had been charged. Overall the sound they produce is very good.

Whilst these are not the very best earphones I have ever tested (the best cost over £190) they are very good at the price level they are offered at. I am therefore very happy to highly recommend them.

Highly recommended.

Cootree® Sport Sweat Proof Wireless Headset/Headphone for Iphone 6 6Plus, 5S 5 4S, Galaxy Note 3 2 S4 S3 and Google,Sony,LG , other Smartphones (Black)
Offered by Kumu-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound for the Price, 13 Jan. 2015

I have reviewed many different headphones and earphones, especially for the Vine programme. I should start by saying that reviewing such products as earphones is very subjective, as how I hear something may not be how someone else hears the same piece of music. Saying this I have found that these Cootree earphones produce fantastic sound reproduction and are clearly well made given the price.

These lightweight earphones are made from good quality materials but are of a plastic construction, but this does make them easy to wear for long periods, without tiring the ears. These are sweat proof earphones so are ideal for use in the gym. The sound they produce is simply awesome, given the price. The treble is light, the mid range is quite well defined and the bass is good. Quite simply for the price level of this set, they produce a great sound. I was able to connect them very quickly once they had been charged. Overall the sound they produced would be hard to match, at this price range.

Highly recommended.

Philips Avent Breastfeeding Set
Philips Avent Breastfeeding Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Set, 13 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an extremely comprehensive breastfeeding set. It does not come in a box designed to store all the bits and pieces in. It arrives as individual items in a brown box. The box contains,

1x 2-in-1 Electric Steam Steriliser
2x Slow Flow Natural Teats 1m+
2x Medium Flow Natural Teats 3m+
10x Breast Milk Containers with Lids
2x Breast Milk Container Adaptors
1x Washable Breast Pads (one pair)
1x Newborn Soother
2x Night time Soother
1x Bottle and Teat Brush

The quality of the constituent parts is very high and it contains everything you need for a breastfeeding mother. For a comprehensive package, this is very hard to beat, it would have been nicer to have it sent in a nicer storage box. Overall I am happy to recommend the set.

QuickBooks Online Simple Start, 12-Month Subscription (Mac/PC)
QuickBooks Online Simple Start, 12-Month Subscription (Mac/PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Interface, 13 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I now run several businesses in the UK. I use an accountant I have known for many years and have always been happy with their service. I have had very little need for such software, especially given the price of accounting software packages. I am not a computer whiz and sometimes find complicated Microsoft software packages difficult to use.

I received this software free of charge via the Amazon Vine programme. In truth I would not have bought such software, given my relationship with my accountant. I therefore used this opportunity to try the software without any risk or guilt. The difference with this product compared to the other QuickBook products I have tested in the past, is that it no longer gives you the full package on the disc. What you are buying is permission to use the software for a 12 month period. Personally I would never buy such a license. Personally and it is purely a personal opinion, I do not like these type of products that expire after a subscription and then rebill you once a year to maintain access to your work.

It was simplicity itself to install. The software gives you a basic but reasonable and easy to use accounting package. Whilst my area of business pertains to the service sector and does require the holding of stock, the software can easily handle business situations where stock control is necessary. It can easily track sales, expenses and profits and can create professional looking invoices using PDF's for emails. It can automatically calculate VAT. It also allows you to create budgets and cash flow projections. In short this software can handle most situations a small to medium sized business can throw at it. This version does not include payroll software which some other programmes give you, allowing you to calculate wages, NI, Tax for your employees.

To help use the package there are now numerous online video's showing you how to do things with the software, which makes using it, far easier, than reading the old help pages....as per programmes from days gone by.

Whilst I am a stick in the mud and like the reassurance that my accountant brings, this software is a good alternative. It is easy to use and does virtually everything you will require. A great product but as I said earlier I would opt for the normal disc system rather than the 12 month subscription product if I were to buy it.

Tekterm Rechargeable Bluetooth Wireless Vibration Resonance Portable Speakers with Microphone (White)
Offered by Appods

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 12 Jan. 2015
I was sent this product by the maufacturer to test, give an honest review and keep.

The speaker itself is quite peculiar, in that it is shaped like an egg cup, with a sticky base and at the top it looks like a rotation fan from a jet engine. It is quite a complex and unique design, with an on/off button, pause/play, fast forward, rewind buttons, a 3.5 jack hole and a USB connection port on the side. Overall the speaker looks very impressive, is quite heavy, is sleek in design and made from quality materials.

I have tested an number of these small Bluetooth speakers for various manufacturers and I must say they have either reproduced sound brilliantly or very badly, there has been very little in between. I easily connected this speaker with my Ultrabook and I was not expecting to hear what I actually heard. This small speaker beats virtually all of its competitors. There is only one thing you need to create a deep bass sound, that will blow the socks off any other small Bluetooth speaker and it is a solid base upon which to stick the speaker. The bass comes from the vibration qualities of the unit and so it needs a deep solid base, to reproduce the deep bass sound. There is only one downside, it vibrates the base you put it on, so if you are upstairs, the unit can vibrate the floor and so the ceiling underneath...not so good for anyone downstairs or neighbours. I have tried the speaker with Pop, Classical and vocal pieces of music and there was no distortion and the sound reproduction was very good at all times.

At the price asked and given its size, I think this is very good, but it does need a good solid base to work perfectly.The sound it produces for its cost and size is amazing. I am very happy to recommend this product if you want a small speaker with very good battery life and fantastic sound.

Recommended.

HooToo® TripMate Mini Portable Wireless-N Travel Router with an Internal 3000mAh Power Bank (with Micro SD and USB Media Storage and Sharing)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Product, 12 Jan. 2015
I received this item from the manufacturer in return for an honest review.

Sometimes I get offered an item which I had just had a need for. This item is exactly one of those type of products. I stayed in rather a nice 5 star hotel in Sofia, with WiFi, only to find it was wired internet in the room and WiFi in the lobby. As my Ultrabook does not have a WAN/Ethernet connector built in, I could not use the internet in the room. I had a lot of work to do and how I longed for WiFi, without going down to the lobby. This device would have solved the problem. At one end is a USB port at the other a Ethernet port. This means that a WAN cable with a suitable connector can be inserted and the ingenious device then sends out a WiFi signal, so turning WAN into WiFi. Brilliantly simple but very effective in what it does.

This little beauty does more than just turn Ethernet into a WiFi signal, it is also a 3000mAh battery pack, which is quite amazing given the size of the unit. It also can help share Network saved information, by inserting a USB stick and it can instantly download the required information. If you download the appropriate/iOS app for your Android phone, you can use the hub for sharing photos and music. So this relatively small, yet beautifully made hub is so versatile it has become a travel must for me. The only downside to this product are the instructions, I can hardly read them as the booklet is so small. Maybe putting the Instructions on the web for download would also be a very good idea.

Overall this is a super product, that is very useful and beautifully made. I am happy to highly recommend this item.

ieGeek® Letouch 24W(5V 4.8A) High Speed 4-Port USB Wall Charger Travel Kit with Interchangeable Plugs (US, UK, EU, AU), Multi port USB Travel Charger with Smart IC For iPhone / iPad / iPod / Android & Windows Phone / Tablet PC, USB Charger Devices etc (Black)
Offered by GLOBALEBUY-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product and Idea, 12 Jan. 2015
I was sent this item by the manufacturer to test, review and keep in exchange for an honest review.

I travel a great deal in the USA and Europe and I carry a number of electrical items that need charging visa USB leads. This simple but brilliantly thought out product, solves my travel and charging dilemma. It has 4 ports and an interchangeable plug system and comes with 4 different plug units for sockets in all corners of the World. It charges at 2.1amps, which seems to charge my electrical items faster than my own standard chargers. I have plugged in 2 smart phones and a power bank and all charger very quickly without any issue.

This is a simple, well made product that allows 4 different items to be charged at one go, anywhere in the World. I am very happy to Highly Recommend this product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20