Profile for Sarah > Reviews

Content by Sarah

Sarah (Kent, England)

Bissell Sturdy Sweep Floor Cleaner, Blue
Bissell Sturdy Sweep Floor Cleaner, Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars Would be good if the handle didn't have a bit missing!, 25 July 2014
Arrived today but part of the handle is missing (the end didn't attach to the main pole as a bit is missing) so we are having to return and get a replacement. Had a quick try out in the hall and it seems pretty good at picking up the bits off the carpet. Will update when I get one with a proper handle!

Martins Chocolatier Rum and Whiskey Pack
Martins Chocolatier Rum and Whiskey Pack

3.0 out of 5 stars Tasted good but were supposed to be a present!, 5 April 2014
First things first, these were really tasty chocolates, really strong flavours and yummy truffles.

The reason I didn't give a brilliant rating was two-fold. Firstly these were going to be part of a gift but when they arrived the cardboard outer had been taped up at both sides with tape to keep it shut. I wouldn't have minnded if it was the normal see-through tape but it was a thick tape and went over onto the individual packs so I couldn't even take the bags out and discard the cardboard as the tape left heavy marks on the individual bags too.

Secondly, there was no best before date anywhere on these chocolates, neither on the outer cardboard - there was a 'Best Before' space but nothing printed in it. And when I opened the box and took out the individual packs, there was nothing printed in the best before on these either. It made me slightly suspicious of their origin and so I wouldn't have given them as a gift again for this reason as I had no idea if they were old, new, still good to eat etc.

So I ate them myself and as stated they were really nice. I just wouldn't buy them this way again as I wasn't happy with packaging or dates.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Really light and flowery, 3 Jan 2012
I bought this in the Amazon sale having never smelt it before and it was a good risk to take. It's a nice light scent and smells really nice. Not at all heavy and didn't give me a headache unlike one of the reviewers on here! The trouble with scent is that they are very personal and smell differently on each person but for me this is lovely.

It's also definitely Versace, not a fake (would Amazone really be selling fakes?!) and very good value.

Hush Puppies Women's Helina Sandal
Hush Puppies Women's Helina Sandal

4.0 out of 5 stars Extremely comfortable, 25 July 2010
I didn't expect these to be so comfortable but when I first tried them on my feet I sank into them and thought 'yes!' I have a high instep so the largest strap could be tight but it's adjustable so hasn't been a problem and I've had no problems with the straps cutting or rubbing like a previous reviewer.

Really nice comfy sandals.

Hush Puppies Women's Wisteria Wedge Sandal
Hush Puppies Women's Wisteria Wedge Sandal

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy from the start, 13 July 2010
I bought these with a bit of trepidation as I thought they might be a bit uncomfortable with all the straps and the big wedge but they surprised me. Really comfy from the beginning and managed a full day in the office with no problems. They are light and just feel nice to wear on a sunny day. Would buy again.

Three to See the King
Three to See the King
by Magnus Mills

3.0 out of 5 stars Compelling but confusing, 9 Feb 2008
This review is from: Three to See the King (Paperback)
I just read this book and was immediately pulled into the story and the questions of 'what on earth is happening here?'. The book is so easy to read and is more like a short story really - you'll read it in an afternoon. It's written in very simple English but somehow this adds to the atmosphere and you can't help wondering what strange place they are living in and what has led to them living here in whis way.

The questions continue to rise and you are compelled to read on to find out more. However at the end I didn't really feel that I 'got' the story. I wasn't sure what really happened and certainly couldn't figure out why. I really enjoyed reading the book but feel that somewhere along the way I missed something important.

The Book Thief
The Book Thief
by Markus Zusak

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, 9 Feb 2008
This review is from: The Book Thief (Paperback)
This book took a bit of getting used as the way it is written and narrated is very unusual. I initially thought it was going to be cold but the more you read the more you realise that these were cold and unsympathetic times and so the narrative is actually spot on. It made me cry and touched me enough to go and look up the author to read about him. I loved it.