Profile for F. Hatch > Reviews

Starlite Basic Black Jazz Shoe Split Sole 9.5L
Offered by Dancing in the Street
Price: 17.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Ordered for myself UK size 9.5, 27 Mar 2014
I needed shoes for dancing salsa but I did not want to buy the high heeled shoes, as even though they look good and would be ideal, I wanted to be able to dance all night and not get uncomfortable.

These shoes are perfect for that. They have a suede/leather sole at the bottom that allows you to turn easily. The heal is small but hard. And the shoes are split sole, making them more comfortable when keeping up on your toes all the evening (as required for salsa if you're not wearing high heeled shoes).

They fit perfectly, I wear them with socks or tights and I wore them straight away for 4 hours and had no blisters or rubbings at all. They come with a fabric bag to put them in which is good and I use that bag to transport them to and from salsa class.

Overall would recommend these shoes for any dance classes.

Galt Shaped Puzzles - Construction Vehicles
Galt Shaped Puzzles - Construction Vehicles
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for my 2.5 years old nephew, 3 Jan 2014
So the pieces are made of cardboard, and you had 4 different puzzles each with increasing number of pieces. The cardboard is thick and definitely durable. The box it comes in, is sturdy and strong (enough for my nephew to even stand on it!) and has a yellow handle you can use to carry it around.

The puzzles are bright colours, yellow, blue, red and green and they have construction workers also beside the machines (nephew has now dubbed one if not all of them 'Bob the builder'). Overall he enjoyed putting them together with some help and probably as he gets older will learn to do them more easily.

The only negative about this, is that the pieces are irregular shapes and so it is sometimes difficult to put them together (even for adults!). I think this just takes some getting use to and soon he'll be doing them with ease.

Crucial CT120M500SSD1 120GB M500 SATA 6Gb/s 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive
Crucial CT120M500SSD1 120GB M500 SATA 6Gb/s 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive
Price: 52.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for my laptop, 3 Jan 2014
So I wanted to upgrade my old laptop so that it'll run for a few more years. I bought this on sale and I do not plan to need more than 120GB on my laptop as I use a lot of external hard drives to store data/work. Overall good quality, it fits into the laptop slot (Sony Vaio), the speed was as expected (I already have an SSD in my desktop), it definitely improved starting and shutting down time as well as overall running.

I'd recommend getting an SSD if you're looking to upgrade your laptop. If you have any questions please ask in the comments.

Moleskine Pocket Size Hard 12 Months 2014 Daily Diary - Green
Moleskine Pocket Size Hard 12 Months 2014 Daily Diary - Green
Offered by Academic Supplies
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect pocket diary, 3 Jan 2014
So I bought the 2013 Daily Diary in red and now it's 2014 I bought this one. In the back you have a pocket which has a small address book. The paper is of good quality. The first section of the diary has useful information you normally find (time zones, conversions etc.) and also a ruler on the edge of one of the pages. It is kept closed by the elastic which is strong enough to keep it closed and does not show any wear (previous experience). The outer covers are hardback and I really like the colours you get them in.

Overall I will continue to be buying this brand of diary next year too.

Aladdin 0.6 Litre Aveo Water Bottle Grey Future Insights
Aladdin 0.6 Litre Aveo Water Bottle Grey Future Insights
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Important: Leak or not leaky = solved., 2 Jan 2014
I wanted a water bottle that I can use for both taking to the gym and also the office, therefore it had to be leak proof to withstand both scenarios. If you're like me and you're worried about some reviewers saying it leaks whilst others seem to have no problem, then do not worry and go ahead and buy this bottle.

The first bottle I ordered arrived and I did my first test where I filled it with water and turned it on its side, shook it a bit and then left it on it's side for about 2 hours. It leaked about a tablespoon of water. The second test I did was to take it in my backpack to the gym, of which it leaked again in my backpack (was not in a fixed compartment). I was disappointed but remembered one reviewer mentioning she ordered a replacement which did not leak. So I reported the bottle as faulty and asked for a replacement.

The second bottle I did the same test (whilst repeating the tests on the old bottle at the same time in order to compare). However, not only did the second bottle not leak, but the first bottle was no longer leaking. I took the second bottle to the gym and I'm happy to say that it withstood any shakes from walking and functioned perfectly as a sports bottle.

As a result I took another look at the first bottle and I have come to the following conclusion. Both bottles work perfectly, however, you need to close both lids tightly. You might think this is obvious, but I mean you need to really close the lids as strong as possible. I believe the other reviewers that reported leaks, did not tightly seal either the top lid or the main opening lid.

In conclusion, I'm happy with my bottle, I've taken it to the gym and to work a few times now and no leaking. The opening is great to drink from; you don't have to suck from the bottle and also this means you don't make loud bottle noises when the air gets sucked back in.

I would recommend to friends. If you're concerned, just buy it from amazon and test it yourself, if it does leak then return it as faulty, but before you do, make sure the leads are as tightly sealed as possible and then test it again before you return it.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 14, 2014 11:54 AM BST

Kipling Women's Indira Handbag With Straps( product dimensions-37,5 x 26 x 15,5 cm (B x H x T)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good bag when on sale, 9 Aug 2013
Length:: 3:20 Mins

The video shows all the different pockets and the fabric of the bag. Overall it is a very nice handbag which I use to take to work - so I try to fit A4 size folders into the bag. It is able to do this and carry a bottle of water and a large umbrella. I'm happy with the purchase, its durable and comfortable. Would recommend, especially if on sale! I'm tempted to buy this one in a different colour now.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2013 1:38 PM BST

HyperX 3K 2.5-inch 240GB SSD Upgrade Bundle Kit
HyperX 3K 2.5-inch 240GB SSD Upgrade Bundle Kit
Price: 112.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Important - Read before buying if used for upgrade of existing HD, 6 Aug 2013
Firstly about the SSD and what comes with it in the bundle. You have the SSD which is small, looks good and feels sturdy. You also have a USB cable. This is for using the SSD as an external HD - this box also comes with a case, that allows you to slot the SSD into it and then use it as an external drive with it being full protected. Furthermore you also have the rack that allows you to mount the drive into a desktop PC (+ screws included). Lastly it has a very cool looking screwdriver set with mini attachments for philips and straight screws - nice surprise!

Obviously it has the cloning software but I had problems with this only because I was using the SSD to move my OS from a partitioned drive. Fixing the drive into the bay was simple, all the screws are provided and the SATA cable is also provided. The problems began when I tried to use the cloning software. As a summary, you cannot clone over a partitioned drive even if the OS part of the partition is smaller than the SSD. You can only clone over the whole HD. Therefore I had to do a fresh install on the SSD. This was a bit disappointing but it in no way reflected upon the quality of the SSD and so I have not removed any stars.

Overall this is a great product. My PC is running Windows 7, it boots up in less than 10 seconds and shuts down in less than 5 - even when it was new it never did that, showing its not only due to the fresh install. Using the Windows rating Index my SSD has a rating of 7.8 out of 7.9. I've not done any tests on the writing speeds, but overall performance has improved. As anyone looking to upgrade their PC, the first thing I would suggest upgrading is installing your OS onto a SSD. This has made as much of a difference as if you put RAM in or a new graphics card.

If you have any comments I'd be happy to reply.

If Bad Mood then BackTheHellUp - C++ Java Programming Language Coding Geeky Nerdy Mens T-Shirt - Charcoal Grey XX-Large
Offered by The Groovy Funk
Price: 17.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Good shirt, 17 July 2013
Bought this for my brother, XXL size. Was perfect for him. The writing is a bit on the small size in terms of thickness - perhaps bold writing of a different font would be better. Nonetheless the shirt was perfect, my brother liked it and so do many of his colleagues at work. Definitely a good purchase for his birthday. I have then gone on to buy similar geeky branded shirts from the same company.

Compactor RAN3066 Compactor Case
Compactor RAN3066 Compactor Case
Price: 21.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, works as it should, 17 July 2013
So I have previous experience in vacuum bags that eventually lost their air, this would take a few months but over time this got worse and worse. Therefore I wanted to invest in a new compactor that I could use for pillows, curtains, duvets, blankets and clothes.

This definitely works, and allows the storage of A LOT of items, and if packed properly can even double up as a small soft sit. When vacuuming a large number of items I would definitely recommend doing this with another person. It is possible by yourself but the shape may not turn up as a rectangle and therefore you will not be able to seal the zips.

The inside vacuum bag is a normal vacuum bag that is attached at the bottom and extends out of the bag. So when vacuuming the items 2 people are needed to squeeze from all sides so that the clothes/linen/bedding is squashed to the size of the bag.

You might be thinking, if there is a normal vacuum bag why is this then better than any other bag? Well this bag is overall better quality. The hole where the air is sucked out has a much better/higher quality rubber pressure/vacuum nozzle, preventing air from slowly getting back in. Therefore this bag keeps the air out for much longer - it has been 4 months so far and it is still perfect.

Overall great quality, does the job, but can be awkward when putting in a lot of stuff (2 duvets, 4 pillows, 3 blankets) and when doing this you'll need 2 people to squash it to the right shape while sucking out air. I have already bought 3 of these bags and will definitely buy more if needed and for family. Definitely recommended.

2013 Moleskine Red Pocket Daily Diary 12 Month Hard
2013 Moleskine Red Pocket Daily Diary 12 Month Hard
Price: 13.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect diary, 17 July 2013
Even though I have a new smartphone I always like writing down appointments, things to remember and to do on certain days. Therefore I still buy a hard copy diary to write down all important dates. This is perfect as it is pocket size, with a day for each page, that has enough room for appointments or to make short lists. The diary is hardback, but you can open it fully allowing you to write on both sides relatively easily. The elastic band holds the diary together well.

In the back there is a pocket where you also have a small notebook tucked in where you can attach labels and write notes in. I think this is useful as this can be transferred to any new notebook - I have important numbers, emails and details written down that I will never want to get rid of.

You also get two sheets of stickers that either has labels such as "work" "home" for sticking on the notepad, or smaller stickers of birthday cakes etc. I don't really have a need for any of these, but I think its a nice idea for those that find them useful.

Overall good make, good space for those that want to make lists and short notes - in general this perfect if you have a smaller bag and want to carry this everywhere. If you need more space to write down things for the day and you plan to carry a bigger bag, then perhaps considering the A5 size would be more appropriate. However, if you're like me, then this is a perfect little diary and I will be ordering one for next year too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5