Profile for Caractacus > Reviews

Murder Mystery Party - Murder in the Silver Screen
Murder Mystery Party - Murder in the Silver Screen
Offered by lynne_111

2.0 out of 5 stars Way too long!, 13 Nov 2013
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
We played this game and it just went on for ages :( I'm not sure whether the company has really tested it but we were still playing after 12 o'clock and then we gave up as it wasn't even that good. Fun dressing up with friends etc but not a great game to be honest.

Ticket to Ride
Ticket to Ride
Offered by books_any

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant game for whole family, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: Ticket to Ride (Toy)
This is a brilliant game for the whole family, mum dad and kids as its got some decent strategy but easy to play and good fun. Also teaches kids the layout of america geographically. Some good opportunities for 'stitching up' your opponents!

The Settlers of Catan Board Game
The Settlers of Catan Board Game

4.0 out of 5 stars Didn't catch on in our house, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: Settlers of Catan (Toy)
This is a decent game with some strategy and learning elements for a growing family, but it didn't catch on in our house after the first couple of plays I'm afraid.

The Alexander Cipher
The Alexander Cipher
by Will Adams

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Alexander Cipher (Paperback)
I quite enjoyed this book. It has a lot of interesting history running through it, together with a decent fast plot.

The IT Crowd - Series 1 [DVD] [2006]
The IT Crowd - Series 1 [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Richard Ayoade
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars IT crowd rocks!, 13 Nov 2013
This series is great. We stumbled upon it by accident and then became big fans. I work in IT and our department is a bit like this.

Twilight Eclipse Poster - 91.5 x 61cms (36 x 24 Inches)
Twilight Eclipse Poster - 91.5 x 61cms (36 x 24 Inches)

4.0 out of 5 stars Daughter like it, 13 Nov 2013
My daughter liked this poster whilst the films were popular but I thought the graphics were a little discoloured when it arrived.

A christmas cracker killing - murder mystery game for 6 players
A christmas cracker killing - murder mystery game for 6 players
Offered by Red Herring Games

3.0 out of 5 stars A little overpriced, 13 Nov 2013
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This murder mystery game was reasonable fun for a family christmas afternoon but I thought it was a bit overpriced at 37 pounds for rather basic booklets.

Murder a la Carte The Brie, the Bullet & the Black Cat Mystery Dinner Party Game

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad little murder mystery, 13 Nov 2013
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
We're avid mystery gamers and have played plenty but this one is just 'OK'. The main problem I thought was that you could not actually work out the murderer from the clues, but it was still good fun.

A Classic Detective Murder Mystery Dinner Party with DVD Death By Chocolate
A Classic Detective Murder Mystery Dinner Party with DVD Death By Chocolate

2.0 out of 5 stars Inappropriate for younger teens, 13 Nov 2013
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this game for my 14 year old daughter and her friends but it is not really suitable for younger teens as it is a little too adult and also they said it was a bit too complicated in parts.

Best Of Cafe Del Mar - New Version
Best Of Cafe Del Mar - New Version
Offered by westworld-

4.0 out of 5 stars I like Cafe Del Mar, 13 Nov 2013
We discovered Cafe Del Mar whilst chilling out outside a cafe in a ski resort - we have several albums now - you cant go wrong if you're looking for some great background chillout music - wouldnt necessarily buy it to 'listen to' though.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3