Profile for DaveyMemvis > Reviews

Content by DaveyMemvis

DaveyMemvis

SanDisk SDSDX-016G-FFP 16 GB 45 MB/s Extreme SDHC Card (Packaging Varies)
SanDisk SDSDX-016G-FFP 16 GB 45 MB/s Extreme SDHC Card (Packaging Varies)
Price: 12.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal value storage and very speedy!, 14 April 2014
I've used Sandisk storage media for many years and never been able to fault them at all. After purchasing a new camera (Lumix TZ40) I wanted a card large and fast enough to cope with Full HD video. This fit the bill and i've been very impressed during testing.

The card came within 2 days of ordering (Super saver delivery) and the sticker on the card varied slightly from the one on the Amazon listing...it is black rather than yellow - older stock maybe? People have been deducting stars for this in their reviews, but why..?! It doesn't affect the performance of the card whatsoever and once it's in the camera you don't see it anyway!

Overall, a cracking card at unbeatable value...think I may get a couple more.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ40EB-K Compact Camera - Black (18.2MP, 20x Optical Zoom Leica DC Lens, Wi-Fi with NFC, Built in GPS, 24mm Wide Angle, 50P Full HD Video - AVCHD) 3 inch LCD
Offered by Direct savings
Price: 185.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Full of features and great image quality...once you work out the best settings!, 4 Jan 2014
I bought this camera about a month ago and my first impression was that it was a very nice looking model, and certainly compact. After i'd charged it and inserted the memory card, I was keen to have a play about with it and put it on iA (intelligent auto) mode first off. While the photos I took were rather nice, I still felt a little disappointed by the overall quality and 'watercolour painting' effect when zooming right in.

Not to be deterred though, I did some Googling to try and find out the best settings for the camera. Most people suggested using predominantly the 'aperture priority' setting with a F3.3 aperture which I have been doing, I also turned the exposure down a touch as well and I have been very pleased with the results using these settings.

The 'scenes' option has a lot of different scenes, and I had experimented with a couple of them and found them to be a nice addition but not something I will be using that often I don't think.

High-speed (200fps) video in the Scenes menu is a very nice feature, but only really captures good detail in bright, sunny conditions i've found.

WiFi is included and I have used this a large amount of times to get my photos onto my mobile phone and onto iPad as well. The live shooting mode over WiFi also works very well and is lightning fast in it's responses. The Panasonic Image app you have to download to your mobile or tablet is a tad limited, however. Hoping for an update in the near future! (Hint hint, Panasonic...)

Overall, a superb quality camera with fantastic zoom capabilities...just make sure you play around with the vast amount of settings!

Panasonic DMW-PHH58XEK Case for TZ35, TZ40 - Black
Panasonic DMW-PHH58XEK Case for TZ35, TZ40 - Black
Offered by MegaDeals UK
Price: 15.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality item and super fast delivery, 4 Jan 2014
I purchased this case for my new Lumix TZ40 camera and am very pleased with the quality and fit. It fits the camera in absolutely perfectly, a nice snug fit meaning the camera won't move around inside the case but is still easy to remove quickly when you need to take a photo.

Great quality and it looks very stylish, as well. I'd recommend this to anybody with this camera as it is a great case at a very good price.

LOVE MY CASE / MP3 Player Case, cover, shell - Clamshell Style with Zip Enclosure For Apple iPod Shuffle 2nd / 3rd / 4th Generation / with Love my Case Cleaning cloth
Offered by Love My Case Ltd
Price: 6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 7 Jun 2013
Very good quality, a good case for my iPod shuffle. Handy for travelling, room for every thing, including ear phones

Samsung UE32EH5000 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LED TV with Freeview HD (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by UK ONLINE

4.0 out of 5 stars A good TV at a nice price, 17 Dec 2012
Obviously, like most things in life, you get what you pay for so I wasn't expecting miracles from this TV. What I did get was a very solid performer, and definitely worth the money - if i'd paid more for it, i'd still be impressed.

Setting up takes only a couple of minutes. The stand requires you to screw 8 screws into it, and to be honest it isn't the most sturdy one i've seen but it does the job.

I was slightly disappointed that there were only 2 HDMI sockets on the back of the set, as the standard does seem to be 3 nowadays, but still 2 is sufficient for myself at the moment anyway.

The first thing I noticed was how very bright the picture was (too bright) so I had to tweak the settings quite a bit, but of course this is just down to personal preference. My settings are :

Backlight 11, Contract 82, Brightness 46, Sharpness 41, Colour 50

I think this gives me a great picture.

Sound quality is quite good, certainly better than I expected, though like you'd expect for this pricepoint it can be a tiny bit tinny/echoey at times.

The inclusion of a USB socket to the right hand side is great, and it really does play any type of video you care to throw at it. I've yet to have it refuse to play anything.

Overall, i'd say this is a nice television for a very affordable price and you won't regret making this purchase!