Profile for Anton S. > Reviews

Content by Anton S.

Anton S. (Toronto, Ontario)

The Intention Experiment: Using Your Thoughts to Change Your Life and the World
The Intention Experiment: Using Your Thoughts to Change Your Life and the World
by Lynne McTaggart

5.0 out of 5 stars What is the Science Behind Positive Thinking?, 8 Oct. 2007
We've all read many books on positive thinking over the years with the understanding that changing our thoughts is the surest path to self-improvement and personal development. But did you know that many experiments in the field of consciousness are proving the power of our thoughts to influence experiments?

In "The Intention Experiment" you will find an in-depth exploration of the scientific basis for positive thinking and the law of attraction. Lynne successfully brings these ideas from the frontiers of New Physics and communicates them in a way that most readers can understand. What you read can open your mind in so many ways and it allows you to expand your awareness about the frontiers of scientific inquiry.

Must read book for anyone interested in the filed of intentionality. Also check out "Nexus: A Neo Novel" a story about overcoming negative thoughts in a psycho-spiritual journey.

The Secret
The Secret
by Rhonda Byrne

4.0 out of 5 stars Was There Really a Secret?, 23 April 2007
This review is from: The Secret (Hardcover)
The marketing campaign for "The Secret" was hugely successful. After hearing about it, I started to wonder what was this ancient secret that's been kept hidden for ages. Of course, this was more a marketing strategy than actual esoteric knowledge.

After getting past the fact that I didn't find any esoteric knowledge, I found the ideas in the book and DVD simple, straight-forward and helpful. "The Secret" has received some unfair criticism, since I think people need to understand its message within prosperity thinking where social and global concerns matter less than the ability to use our mind to create or change reality. So for the purpose of attracting good things into your life, "The Secret" offers a positive message. I would only caution that people take a relaxed approach with the whole thing: Try it and test it out...If it works great, if not well at least you tried it.

I found it difficult to figure out how the ideas in "The Secret" related to day-to-day life because examples applicable to daily life were missing from the book and DVD. I think the author and contributors probably took it for granted that readers would know this on their own all they need to do pass was on the ideas. I found another book "Nexus: A Neo Novel" helpful: The main character, Logan, has to learn to apply principles highlighted in "The Secret" to his day-to-day interactions in order to experience personal transformation. I recommended both books for their wisdom.