Profile for Pollyanna Cutetickle > Reviews

Content by Pollyanna Cute...

Pollyanna Cutetickle (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Looking - Season 1 [DVD] [2014]
Looking - Season 1 [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Jonathan Groff

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking- just watch it and see!, 27 Feb. 2015
Looking is excellent. I actually bought this series for my friend as he didn't watch the original on sky and I thought he would really like it. Looking is funny, surprising, gritty and dramatic but also very real. Its about three male friends, dealing with careers, love lives and life in general in the very gay and sociable San Francisco.
Whilst having fun they also encounter disappointment, heartbreak, and confusion in all different areanas of their lives.
If you liked the following- Sex And The City, GIRLS, Queer As Folk (original UK version) I think you will also like Looking.
The music in the series is also outstanding!!
If your curious...give it a go you won't regret it!

He's Just Not That into You
He's Just Not That into You
by Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 10 Mar. 2013
Honestly girls this book is a total waste of money.
First of all it's written in a weird way full of 'Dear Deidre' style letters and than the answers are full of jokey very 'American' comments...
You won't learn anything from this book apart from what was obvious already. Another reviewer (for this book) has said that if you don't enjoy this book it's because you haven't been in the situation or aren't admitting it...well, I have been there slap bang in the middle of a situation where guys just haven't been into me... and I didn't learn anything new (that I didn't know already) from this poorly written book!

I would say that this is a sort of jokey stocking-filler type book, not a serious one for if you want real relationship advice...if you want to be proactive, (rather than dwell on the past of why a guy didn't fancy you...) do this, face up to the fact that the guy wasn't into you (for whatever reason) don't waste time trying to fathom it, reading this rubbish book which is full of OBVIOUS nonsense, instead, pick up this book: 'The complete book of the rules' by Fein and Schneider...
It is also American but not full of cheesy jokes like this! And you might learn some constructive advice from that book ('The Rules').

My final advice don't bother with this one!

All the Rules: Time-Tested Secrets for Capturing the Heart of Mr. Right
All the Rules: Time-Tested Secrets for Capturing the Heart of Mr. Right
by Ellen Fein
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars So worth the money I'm going to buy one for my friend, 10 Mar. 2013
I won't go into long details as I think all the positive reviews on here have already said what I would have said.
I will reiterate that this book is interesting, fun to read, easy to read, and got me hooked. I'm still fascinated to see if I can get the man of my dreams this way and now I am dating I am putting it into practice, so far most of it seems to work!...:) I am going to get a copy for my friend as I think generally it's the best relationship advice I've had... don't listen to your mum, sister or friends (the book even says this) as to an extent these people are looking out for your best interests and are involved...read the thoughts of these women and see what you think...
Good luck ladies and if you're still cynical I would say give it a go for the fun factor at the very least!

Ethel & Ernest
Ethel & Ernest
by Raymond Briggs

5.0 out of 5 stars Uniquely sad, 14 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Ethel & Ernest (Paperback)
I love this book. I've never come across a story like this that could have such an impact. Not only is it a historical overview of life and times from decades ago, it also tells the endearing tale of a devoted couple and their marriage through the good and the bad times. I defy anyone to read this and not feel tearful at the end. Raymond Briggs is a master of emotion.

phonedirectonline - Black ' Cassette ' design hard case cover for Apple iphone 4g
Offered by A_M

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap & awful, 25 Nov. 2012
I wish I had not wasted my money on buying this awful case. It arrived at my house broken. It looks CHEAP and is cheap as its already broken in the packaging! I would not recommend buying it!
It will cost more for me to post it back so I'm just going to chuck it away I can't use it anyway as its cracked. Do not buy!

Dynasty Season 4 [DVD] [1983]
Dynasty Season 4 [DVD] [1983]
Dvd ~ John Forsythe
Offered by wmdservices

5.0 out of 5 stars A saucy season...definitely my favourite guilty pleasure!, 8 July 2012
*Note- this review contains spoilers!*

I am 2 discs away from finishing Season 4 and I must say I am absolutely loving it and a bit addicted!

This season, so far has been Dynasty at its best. I have loved this season so much I felt compelled to write a review, whereas I haven't for past seasons...
So what to expect in Season 4??? Yes, there are no cat-fights between Krystle and Alexis (although we had a taste of that last season...) but in comes some more deeper, complex (if you can call them that!) storylines, with richer characters to back up the Carrington crew...gone are the likes of Joseph the butler, and Geoffrey Scott (Mark Jennings) takes a back seat in the main plot (quite rightly!)
...and in enters the mysterious saucy Michael Nader, (Dex Dexter- you've got to love the ridiculous name alone!) and the comically camp-sounding Peter De Vilbis (Fallon's new love interest).
Adam Carrington takes a turn personality-wise- from being the 'evil Carrington' to the 'vulnerable Carrington', but does that make him less attractive?? Well I still like to watch him, even though his crocodile-like smile makes little appearances this season...

Jeff Colby gets to show off a bit of chest hair, as the directors give him a dark edge when he cheats on Kirby with his long-time (true)love. It's probably about time they spice things up for dull Jeff! He gets all territorial when De Vilbis comes along, which is also fun to watch!

Helmet Burger (yes that's the actors name!) who plays De Vilbis is even camper than the so called 'gay' Steven Carrington. De Vilbis is so slimy you can't help but want to watch more- (this is only something that could have been produced in the 80's! His so called 'stud millionaire' persona is something you would only find in the bars of Soho these day!)

Finally it's nice to see the 'new' Steven settle with Claudia, even if it won't last very long before she becomes unstable again.

I have a bit more to go before I finish this season, but in anticipation I have already ordered Season 5...something tells me it won't be as cheesy and fun...

My fave bits of the season so far? The smouldering Dex Dexter sweeping Alexis Colby off her feet in a few saucy scenes... it's nice that the villanous Alexis should also have a real love interest, and I prefer to see Michael Nader semi-naked as opposed to John Forsythe (Blake) in the buff.... :)

Dynasty fans enjoy Season 4!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2014 8:50 AM GMT

Ibiza and Formentera (Mini Rough Guides)
Ibiza and Formentera (Mini Rough Guides)
by Iain Stewart

1.0 out of 5 stars Hhhhmmm not really the best Ibiza book..., 17 Sept. 2011
I have given this book one star for one reason only.
It is sooooo OUT OF DATE!!! If you are a fellow Ibiza-veteran like me, this book will be of absolute no use to you.

All I can say it was my fault for not checking the publishing date.

An example of being out of date is where it says DC10 is open till 10am the next day.
Anyone who knows Ibiza-knows that that law was changed a few years back (when residents kicked up a fuss re. the noise-which on a completey different note is crap, because island party-goers bring in the cash to their island!),
...and the closing time is now something like 2am. BIG DIFFERENCE...don't bother with this book if you're going to Ibiza anytime soon.

I only got it for may partner as a present. Wish I never bothered.

The Silence of the Lambs (Hannibal Lecter)
The Silence of the Lambs (Hannibal Lecter)
by Thomas Harris

3.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunately not as good as the film, 23 July 2011
This Contains Spoilers!
I had high hopes for this book. Like most people I watched the film ages ago and still rate it as one of my best all-timers. So I wasn't too surprised when I was told 'the film's good but the book is even better!' (Generally I think this is true of most books that have been turned into films).
I was disappointed. Hannibal didn't get his revenge on Chilton, a lot of detail was missed in Buffalo Bill's character and although Clarice was the strong, steadfast and professional woman she was in the film; in the book it was totally spoiled with the insinuation of a romance with one of the odd 'moth-professors' from the film. Who were described as weird in the book, and in the film! Why would clever Clarice be interested in all of that after witfully tracking down a killer?
I wish this book had been better is all I can say.

Barbie Fab Case
Barbie Fab Case

3.0 out of 5 stars Nicely presented but not all that, 8 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Barbie Fab Case (Toy)
I bought this as a Christmas gift for my 3 year old niece who loves make-up. I thought that this would be a great present for her, not only would she love the style of the vanity case but she would adore the bits and pieces it contained. When the case arrived I thought it to be ok. It fits the purpose and looks entirely presentable but knowing my heavy-handed niece I cannot see the case remaining durable. I wasnt too impressed with the quality of the make-up. The lipstick didnt actually paint the lips-I had to press down on it several times before I got any colour-perhaps it is made out of this type of material especially for the purpose children? This, I am not sure about, but nonetheless I was still a little disappointed with the content quality in general.

Pink Freshwater Pearl and Silver Heart Bracelet
Pink Freshwater Pearl and Silver Heart Bracelet

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pretty, 16 Dec. 2010
This little Pearl bracelet is lovely. I agree with the previous review it looks better in real life and is really good value for money. My only disappointment was the pouch it came in..a bit cheap looking. As this is a gift would have preferred something nicer to present it in.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3