ARRAY(0xae25c51c)

Profile for Steven Warby > Reviews

Content by Steven Warby

Steven Warby (London, UK.)

Russia and the USSR, 1855-1991: Autocracy and Dictatorship (Questions and Analysis in History)
by Stephen J. Lee
Price: 16.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for A-Level, 12 Mar 2007
This book is absolutely essential if you are studying Russian/Soviet history over a 100+ year period for A Level History. It is divided into thematic chapters, dealing with ideologies and regimes across both the tsarist and communist periods; repression and terror; policy towards the nationalities; constitutional development; economic policy; political parties; social classes; and the impact of both world wars. I recommend it highly to my A Level History students.

by David Hancock

5.0 out of 5 stars A dangerous number of great pubs, 17 Aug 2005
In the short time we've had this book it has helped us have many great evenings in lots of lovely pubs. From Pembrokeshire to Clerkenwell my wife and I regularly rely on the reviews within. The only problem is that it doesn't cover Scotland, our next destination!

by David Hancock

5.0 out of 5 stars A dangerous number of great pubs, 17 Aug 2005
In the short time we've had this book it has helped us have many great evenings in lots of lovely pubs. From Pembrokeshire to Clerkenwell my wife and I regularly rely on the reviews within. The only problem is that it doesn't cover Scotrland, our next destination!