ARRAY(0xaa063f78)

Profile for Mark Elmer > Reviews

Content by Mark Elmer

Mark Elmer "Markie Mark" (North Harrow, Middx, United Kingdom)

Submitted: Letters to a Dominatrix
Submitted: Letters to a Dominatrix
by Mistress Xena
Price: 16.74

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Eye Opening Book.....So Different From Others On This Subject, 25 Mar 2014
I came across this book as I was searching through Amazon on this subject. A subject I do have some interest in. Also when I read the review by "Reading Geek" & looked at the Pictures, the book description I was not just intrigued but felt compelled to purchase it. I was not disappointed!
As the first review says this book has a totally different angle on the subject of a dominatrix & the requests & desires of her clients. Of course there is some background in to Mistress Xena or Madam X as she is referred as well, with some great pictures & artwork of her & related areas of the role she sees herself in. This is all appropriately & cleverly related to the subject discussed in the sections of the book. Predominately the book features a selection of the countless emails, letters, notes she has received from the vast number of clients wanting to obtain her service as a dominatrix. As the previous review says this book seeks to show & explain why clients wish to see a Dominatrix & what they hope they will have done to them! Wishing to have their desires fulfilled & the varied type of scenarios shown through the letters is fascinating! There are all types of letters some hand written poorly or immaculately, some typed, emailed, etc. The actual variation is what makes it so different.
I would say that you do not have to have a genuine interest in this subject to enjoy the book. As the "Reading Geek" stated this is not a biography, you can find so many of them anywhere! It's a collection of peoples thoughts, hopes & desires all sent to Mistress Xena, a professional dominatrix & shown from the requesters perspective in an open minded manor which I thought was really fun & very refreshing!

Brookstone 12V Valet Car Vacuum
Brookstone 12V Valet Car Vacuum
Price: 8.39

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste Of Money!! DO NOT BUY!!, 19 Mar 2014
As soon as I plugged it in the motor broke!!........Poor item & not worth the time & effort buying or sending back!!!

Elisabeth Sladen: The Autobiography
Elisabeth Sladen: The Autobiography
by Elisabeth Sladen

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good............But Made Me Feel Sad!!!, 13 Nov 2011
I'm not & never have been a great reader but this book was very hard to put down. For any Dr Who Fan it is a must read & if like me you were a Sarah Jane Smith fan then its just excellent!!
Its written so well & the first comments by David Tennant & then the last section by Liz Sladens husband & Daughter brough tears to my eyes!!!............I was so shocked & sad when she died hearing & reading it on the Internet back in April & the last part of the book brought it all back!!!........I recommend this highly & even though it might make you miss her more it also reminds you of her & just how much of a fun person & great actress she clearly was!!!

Philex 4 - Way Universal remote control
Philex 4 - Way Universal remote control

1.0 out of 5 stars Philex RC026 SP Universal remote control, 22 Feb 2007
If it was possible to give this CHEAP PIECE OF RUBBISH 0 points I would!! I spent some two hours following the instructions trying to get this item tuned to my Panasonic TV a brand that it says it covers!! It does not!! I am quite good with TV & other such things so I know I wasn't making a mistake. This is just a poor piece of equipment & I would tell people not to buy it. I demanded a refund from amazon & have got it but save yourselves the bother & avoid this like you would avoid someone like Jade Gooding!!......Because its that bad!!!

Now Ain't Time for Your Tears [CASSETTE]
Now Ain't Time for Your Tears [CASSETTE]
Offered by gowingsstoreltd
Price: 1.73

4.0 out of 5 stars Now Ain't the Time for Your Tears - Wendy James, 1 Aug 2006
I wanted to put a review in for this CD as I know that when Wendy James released it, the reviews were less than kind! Also Elvis C pretty much wiped his hands of the material that he had written......All the songs in fact were written by him!!

Now i'm not saying this is the best CD ever but I really liked it & most of the songs left an impression on me!! In fact I purchased all the CD's by Transvision Vamp & Racine who James currently fronts for. So thats it the CD is worth a listen in my humble view

Number 1
Number 1
Price: 11.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Setting The Record Straight, 6 July 2006
This review is from: Number 1 (Audio CD)
I actually brought this CD quite recently & I can't understand why there is so much malice in one of the reviews. It is not a bad CD at all & the comments about Wendy James smoking & looking her age are just childish!!

This CD does have some good songs on it & I think she actually perfroms quite well. I have recenly rebrought the Transvision Vamp CD's & her solo effort "Now ain't the time for your tears" written by Elvis Costello & quite liked that as well. If indeed Wendy James did all the Music, vocals & wrote all the songs for this project then fair play to her & I look forward to the next one.

Mark United Kingdom.........