Profile for Chris > Reviews

Salem Rogers: Model of the Year 1998
Salem Rogers: Model of the Year 1998
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Give it a full season Amazon!, 19 Jan. 2015
Being a fan of Leslie Bibb since her days in 'Popular' I had to of course check out her new tv show pilot 'Salem Rogers' and lets just say it doesn't disappoint. I loved it from start to finish and it had me laughing out loud on a lot of scenes. The main character Salem is just hilarious and although she's a bitch, she's a good bitch lol. Her ex assistant Agatha was also very funny too! Another thing I also like about this pilot is that it was something new and not the same old stuff we usually see on TV. I really hope this gets a full season because it does deserve it. I would definitely recommend checking this one out people!!

Arbitrage [Blu-ray]
Arbitrage [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Richard Gere
Offered by Wowudo

5.0 out of 5 stars Richard Gere delivers!, 8 May 2013
This review is from: Arbitrage [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This is an intriguing and intense thriller from start to finish! The story is really good, although not totally original (but what is nowadays) and keeps you engaged throughout. Richard Gere is the one that really does well here and I still feel he is an underrated actor. He holds the movie so well. The other actors are good but nothing too special. The direction of the movie was also well done and moves along at a good pace. A very solid thriller all round and is recommended! I watched this in HD and looked amazing so I'm sure the blu-ray will look just as good.

The X Files: I Want To Believe (including Bonus Digital Copy) [Blu-ray]
The X Files: I Want To Believe (including Bonus Digital Copy) [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ David Duchovny

4.0 out of 5 stars It's been a while.. but they're back!, 11 Nov. 2008
If you haven't seen this yet then I suggest you watch it, as it is very good. Don't listen to the critics who have said this is crap because it isn't. And it doesn't matter if you haven't seen all the seasons of 'The X-Files', as it stands well as a movie on it's own. Obviously there are some elements that reflect back to the series but that's more of an addded bonus to the X-Files fans.

One of the main things I liked about this movie was the way the writers have decided to go more into Mulder and Scully's relationship which they didn't really bother with too much in the last film. I also liked the fact that it stayed very true to the tone of the TV show and is just as intense as a lot of the episodes were.

So whether your an X-Files fan or not this film is definitely worth checking out because it's very intriguing and gets you thinking. And I'm sure it will look really good on blu-ray. I'm curious to see what kind of scenes they will add in to this director's cut of the movie so I will be getting this soon.

The Karate Kid [DVD] [2005]
The Karate Kid [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Ralph Macchio
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars A Karate classic!, 11 Aug. 2008
This review is from: The Karate Kid [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
After not seeing the movie for quite some time I decided to re-watch it recently and I can tell you that you that it's still one of my favourite movies of all time. One of the main reasons for that is because of the great chemistry between the two main characters of Mr Miyagi and Daniel san. And also the story because there's a lot of meaning to it.

On the DVD there's a few featurettes and trailers but the best extra would have to be the commentary which also includes Pat Mortia and Ralph Macchio. I haven't listened to it all the way through but from what I did hear it was very informative and the participants seemed to be enjoying it so that's always a plus. Anyway I would highly recommend this movie to those who haven't seen it!

No Man's Land [DVD]
No Man's Land [DVD]
Dvd ~ Charlie Sheen

4.0 out of 5 stars I want a Porshe!, 11 Aug. 2008
This review is from: No Man's Land [DVD] (DVD)
This is a really good 80's movie and is about a cop (Benjy) who goes undercover in order to get evidence on Charlie Sheen's character, Ted Varrick, who is stealing Porche's. Benjy's superior (played by Randy Quaid) also believes that Ted might be behind the killing of a cop so it's up to Benjy to find out...

There's no extras on the DVD but it's still worth picking up for a couple of quid for the movie alone. Also anyone who's seen and likes 'The Fast and the Furious' would definitely like this and would enjoy finding the similarities.

Lost Boys: The Tribe [Blu-ray] [2008] [US Import]
Lost Boys: The Tribe [Blu-ray] [2008] [US Import]
Offered by Moref Designs

3.0 out of 5 stars Actually this is not too bad..., 9 Aug. 2008
Despite all the negetive reviews I actually thought 'Lost Boys 2' was quite good. Of course it's in no way as good as the original but it's still a fun movie overall. Threre were some great gore effects and a lot of boobies but other than that everything was just average. I did like some of the motorbike stuff and of course Corey Feldman was brilliant again as Edgar Frog. It was a shame that Corey Haim wasn't in more though but at least he had a cameo. The other actors were pretty good but nothing too special. Bytheway Autmun Reeser is hot!!!

Flash Gordon - Complete Series 1 [DVD]
Flash Gordon - Complete Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Eric Johnson

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun series, 27 July 2008
So this wasn't the best sci-fi series ever to come on television but for some reason I began to like it more and more as the series progressed. And yes it is cheesy, but so what, just don't take it too seriously and I'm sure you'll like it. It was never intended to be up there with the likes of Battlestar or Farscape but it's still a good series with some fun characters.

When it first started off I wasn't to keen on the concept of a wormhole from Earth to Mongo but it worked out quite well in the end, even if it was kind of a rip off of the Sliders idea. Also, some people complained that the stories were always on Earth instead of Mongo, but as it went along, the storyline shifted more to Mongo and the story revolving around Ming and his daughter Aura (who is hot by the way). There was also a lot of great action too and gunfights. One of the best performing character's would probably have to be the Ming, the benevolent father (played by John Ralston). He made his character seperate to the other Ming I remembered and I appreciated that. The other actors did a good job but nothing too special.

Anyway I overall recommend this series but don't put it down until you've stayed until midway because it does improve. Also just wanted to mention something. It states here that there are 22 epsiodes but when I finished watching the series I noticed on tv.com that there are only 21 episodes so I'm notsure if there's an unaired ep or if the pilot was a double ep. I can't really remember. And I'm hoping that when the region 1 version comes out they will include some good extras like a few commetary tracks or something.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2009 9:10 PM BST

Farscape: Complete Season 1 (Box Set) [DVD] [1999]
Farscape: Complete Season 1 (Box Set) [DVD] [1999]
Dvd ~ Ben Browder
Offered by cult_stores_ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Farscape (The best ever SC-FI TV show), 18 Jan. 2004
This is a great and essential season of Farscape too own on DVD. In this First season we are introduced to the main cast characters (John Crichton, Aryn Sun, Rygel, D'Argo and Zahn) and some other recurring characters such as Scorpious, chiana, Bialar Crais and Stark. The strong points of Farscape have to be the excellent writing and directing, the great performances, great humour and some of the best visual effects I've seen for a TV series.
And although this wasn't the best season made it does includes some great scripted and well directed episodes such as 'Through the looking Glass, The Hidden Memory, Thank god it's Friday again, Nerve and Premiere.
Anyway I recommend anyone who has or hasn't seen Farscape to check out this DVD box set.
The Box set includes all 22 of the episodes from season one and features some great extras such as a making of Farscape documentary, video profiles and audio commentaries that will keep you entertained for hours and hours. It also comes in very nice packaging!!!