Profile for Lisa > Reviews

Content by Lisa

Lisa

The School Inspector Calls!: A Little Village School Novel (Little Village School Novels Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointed, 10 Nov. 2013
Note, any reviews dated before November 2013 relate to a book of anecdotes Gervase Phinn wrote with the same name, not to the latest Barton in the Dale book.
I hope this isn't the last in the series but fear it is. Several ends were tied up, or left untied, in a very unsatisfactory fashion. Ashley, in particular, deserves a far better fate and I hope her story is continued and turned round - there were a couple of bits where I screamed "No!!!!!!!" The book finished just as things had got really interesting!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 31, 2014 12:07 AM GMT

The Dinosaur's Packed Lunch
The Dinosaur's Packed Lunch
by Jacqueline Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Review by my daughter Millie aged 6, 15 Oct. 2012
It is a really good book. Dinah dosent have a packed lunch but everyone else does.So Dinah finds herself a new friend who made her a packed lunch.

Galt Toys Make Eight Fun Mosaic Master Pieces
Galt Toys Make Eight Fun Mosaic Master Pieces

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 30 Sept. 2012
My arty 6-year-old thought this was fantastic. I thought she might be a bit old for it but the pre-printed designs turned out so well that she really wanted to do them and she loved making up her own designs. It would be fine for a younger child though (4+). Just about to order some more so she can make calendars

Galt Toys Cute Cupcakes Activity Pack
Galt Toys Cute Cupcakes Activity Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for 7+ or able 6 - not recommended for 5-year-old!, 30 Jun. 2012
Thanks to the person who put the comment about the plaster drying - I measured out 150ml of water rather than using tablespoons which are supposed to be 15ml but I think can be smaller. The plaster did go thick before my 6-year-old had filled every mould to perfection but we got them all done and they turned out great. I would say 'old' 6 or 7+ though as the plaster is an adult job really and then you have to wait 24 hours before painting them.

Comment from my daughter - very fun indeed imfact toooooooooooooooooooo fun.

BrainBox - Maths
BrainBox - Maths

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted!, 17 Feb. 2012
This review is from: BrainBox - Maths (Toy)
My daughter, who is nearly 6 and adores maths, loved this. I did ignore the timer and talk her through some of the more advanced cards - but she beat me hands down! She is a 'top third' child but no genius and it was about right for her.

Orchard Toys Orchard Toys Party Party Party!
Orchard Toys Orchard Toys Party Party Party!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great game, 11 July 2010
We have all enjoyed playing this - from my four-year-old who chose it herself because of the pink box to her Dad. Would say the suggested age range is a little high - 4-7 perhaps... It isn't designed to be particularly educational but encourages imaginative play. My daughter enjoyed acting out the party with the dolls at the end.