Profile for Mr. N. Jones > Reviews

Content by Mr. N. Jones

Mr. N. Jones "Nigel Jones" (Southampton)

Thrill Pier
Thrill Pier

4.0 out of 5 stars They have potential, 31 Mar 2011
This review is from: Thrill Pier (MP3 Download)
This new band from Southampton have a lot of potential. Some songs are more conventional indie/rock (in a good way) But others have more of an atmospheric feel (old souls and in the forest). The EP begins with old souls (I was told by a band member that this once recieved demo of the week on channel 4's old planet sound teletext magazine) and I wouldn't be surprised if this was true. The song starts with a minute of swooning delayed guitars before kicking in. The verse flows nicely into what seems to be the chorus which is instrumental. The ending is glorious! The middle 3 tracks are more indie/rock but in a good way, The Place Inside reminds me of 100 Broken Windows era Idlewild.

Finally track 5 is a 2 minute Instrumental leading into the fantastic closing track In The Forest We Wait. You need to hear this EP to really judge it. But this band certainly seem to be unique and have lots of potential.

Glasvegas
Glasvegas
Offered by SourceMediaUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Listen and be taken., 6 Sep 2008
This review is from: Glasvegas (Audio CD)
Just listening to the album as I write this. I remember coming across Glasvegas in January of this year. Since then their demos have been almost a daily play for me, Stabbed has transformed into a dark piece although maybe this is to portray the importance and relevance of the lyric/song inspiration. Every song is a journey in some way. Sad, inspiring and elevating songs that fill your body and soul with hope and fear (sometimes in the same song) amongst other feelings. This album will be remembered because of the all round quality and the fact that it is genuine and from the heart. People will relate to the songs for the right reasons. We must remember music is an art and if this album was in a gallery it would no doubt be one of the most important, expensive and guarded pieces their. Thank you Glasvegas.

Rings Around The World
Rings Around The World
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Summer of Furry 2001, 27 July 2008
This review is from: Rings Around The World (Audio CD)
Summer 2001. I had fallen in love with SFA long ago. But this happened to be the first release I had got on release day (have got every one ever since). I was in the middle of my GCSE exams. I got up early and waited outside HMV from around 8.45 to purchase the CD and DVD. I think this album changed my life. I knew this band were special but I didn't realise every song on this album would stir every emotion in me. I will never forget the summer of 2001. I left school. I heard one of the best albums ever. Buy it, Just buy it. Listen to it. It may take a few listens but you will cherish it for life. Believe me. It is one of the best and most adventurous albums EVER. Impossible to define a genre. Thank you. And trust me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 12, 2014 12:10 AM BST

We'll Live And Die In These Towns
We'll Live And Die In These Towns
Offered by TwoRedSevens

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 7 Mar 2008
What a boring and uninspiring, unoriginal band. All topped of by the fact they love themselves and think there amazing. If any members of the band are reading this can you please retire. Your joke of a band is over.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 8, 2008 9:51 PM GMT

Push Barman to Open Old Wounds [2CD Set]
Push Barman to Open Old Wounds [2CD Set]
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Collection From National Treasures., 29 Feb 2008
I need someone to take some joy in something I write.
If you don't order this CD, I tell you I'll bite.
You know know you love them here's the irony.
Your going to walk away intact.
Or did you really want it anyway?
You like CD's especially
Ones with rarities,
Nine ninety eight
Eight twenty nine
I think you've woken up to this
You better buy it
If you like this band, you gotta try it
If you like the kooks, then your an arsewipe
How long will it take?