Profile for Suzanne > Reviews

By My Side
By My Side
Price: 2.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Book stayed 'By My Side' from start to finish, 8 April 2013
This review is from: By My Side (Kindle Edition)
I have loved all of Alice Peterson's books but this is one of my favourites. She highlighted many subject matters brilliantly throughout this book.

You can relate to the characters Cass and Charlie instantly and you wait in great anticipation to see whether their friendship will become something more.

You quickly love the dynamics of Cass' life, her witty one liners, her parents, her friends and of course, her puppy who rarely leaves her side.

By My Side is a must read that you will not be able to put down once you start. Perfect, chill-out holiday book.

Not Without You
Not Without You
by Harriet Evans
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Different from the Rest!, 8 April 2013
This review is from: Not Without You (Hardcover)
I've read and loved every book of Harriet Evans' and 'Not Without You' is no exception. The plot line is different from all her other books. The topics she has chosen for this book are certainly different from all the others but she cleverly makes it work. The book goes far back into the 60's with one characters storyline while the other character's story remains in the present day. Both character's have the same career and probably the same level of fame. However, the timing and experiences are completely different but somehow linked.

I found this story to be very clever written; well thought out and delivered. I would highly recommend this book to all of my friends and I am looking forward to Evans' next release!!!!!!

Thursdays in the Park
Thursdays in the Park
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Unexpectedly Good, 6 Jan 2013
After reading the first few chapters of this book, I was really unsure about the characters and the story but the story somehow, still managed to grip me unexpectedly. Suddenly the story turned and I found myself asking so many questions. What are these characters doing? Why are they behaving this way?

The story takes a few unexpected turns, you find yourself asking what each character will do next. By the end, I was happy to see where each character ended up.

I loved this different romance story and would highly recommend this book to all my friends.

One Perfect Christmas
One Perfect Christmas
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An Xmas Delight, 8 Nov 2012
One Perfect Christmas was definately worth the wait. Loved it and as per usual, I could not put it down. Toon's writing has a way of sucking you right in from the very beginning and making you feel as if you are right there. It was great to read more about these two loving characters and what was in store for the next chapter of their lives together...Would highly recommend this to all my friends.

Miranda's Mount
Miranda's Mount
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Philipa Ashley's Best to Date!!, 21 Oct 2012
This review is from: Miranda's Mount (Kindle Edition)
I have loved every one of Philipa Ashley's books. She just keeps getting better and better; not just the writing but the intensity and drama that is filled in her stories.

Humerous, Jam packed with sex yet emotional and perfectly written. Miranda's Mount is filled with moment's of laughter and joy as well as sadness that is brilliantly written. She potrays both main characters so well. Phillipa Ashley has a way of creating heroes like no other author. Ones that are able to hook you to the book from start to finish. In this story, Jago and Miranda meet under unusual circumstances. I thought the knicker incident in Fever Cure was an embarrassing introduction but Jago and Miranda certainly make that seem normal in comparison.

As much as I was really looking forward to Phillipa Ashley's new release, I honestly thought she couldn't top herself after 'Fever Cure' as I still read that many times as I love it. However, I was wrong. She has outdone herself once again.

This is definately a must read!!! Miranda's Mount is fantastic!

Choked (Brennan and Esposito Book 4)
Choked (Brennan and Esposito Book 4)
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Spine chilling, Intense filled book. A MUST READ!, 21 Oct 2012
Tania Carver covered Phil's past in Cage of Bones. Now we're finally getting a glimpse of Marina's family past. In 'Choked' we see Marina playing detective as well as a terrified mother and wife as her husband is in a coma, her daughter is missing and she has to play into the hands of her daughter's kidnapper in order to see her daughter alive again. Along the way, Marina slowly starts to put the pieces together along with the help of someone unexpected.

Anyone who is a fan of Tania Carver, NEEDS to read this. Anyone who has read Lisa Gardner or Tess Gerritsen, I highly recommend they read Tania Carver's 'Brennan and Esposito' series.

As the fourth book in this series, Tania Carver does NOT disappoint!! If anything, the author gets better and better with each book, building suspense like never before!

Would recommend this to everyone.

Ten Years On
Ten Years On
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars TWO WORDS - LOVE IT, 23 Jun 2012
This review is from: Ten Years On (Kindle Edition)
Ten Years On is the story of Rebecca, Olly and Joe. Rebecca is a young woma distraught after losing her husband Olly and to try and find some form of normality in her life again, she decides to pack up and move out of the marital home, then move into her parents home in a small town. What Rebecca doesn't prepare for is in moving back home, she ends up getting caught up in the old sibling rivalry she once had with her sister as well as trying to hold her mother's attention who always seems to take more interest in her sister than her. To top it all, Joe, Olly's best friend who neither Olly or herself have seen in ten years is running a successful wine bar in her home town.

You begin to unravel the complicated relationship Olly, Rebecca and Joe once had and why they went their seperate ways. However, the feelings that were once there appear to be there again but with both Joe and Rebecca grieving as well as the complicated aspects of Rebecca's life, can they find a way to help one another through it before giving into their true feelings?

This is the first book I've read by Alice Peterson and I can truly say I loved it from start to finish. I couldn't put the book down at all until I reached end of book. Definately worth a read. Perfect holiday read

Reflection
Reflection

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Read!! Well Worth It, 23 Jun 2012
This review is from: Reflection (Kindle Edition)
For fans of Diane Chamberlain, this book is no disappointment. For those who haven'tread Diane Chamberlain, this book is definately worth purchasing to see what all the fuss is about. It's one you won't be able to put it down once you start it.

I love Chamberlain's books for one main reason - I have no idea how her books are going to end.She is not predictable in the slightest and i love how she manages to have many twists and turns in her story that leave you guessing from start to finish.

Reflection tells not one story but two. Two stories from Rachel and Helen. Rachel is Helen's grandaughter and she has to move back to town to, that she left 20 years ago, after her grandmother takes ill and needs live in help.

Rachel is forced to confront the people from her past and the fact she avoided the consequences of her actions as well as Luke's. Luke, her dead husband, was responsible for a major tragedy in the small town but with Rachel fleeing the scene straight after the tragedy took place, it has made her look as if she is responsible too.

Reflection tells the story of Helen and Rachel's similar tragedies in life and how they try to over come the past in very different ways.

One more thing I have to say about this book is that the ending to this book is a shocker.

I highly recommend this book and will be recommending it to all my friends.

BUY!!!! BUY!!!! BUY!!!! BUY!!!!BUY!!!! BUY!!!! BUY!!!! BUY!!!!

Confessions of a Reluctant Recessionista
Confessions of a Reluctant Recessionista
Price: 3.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 31 May 2012
Don't be fooled into thinking this another run of the mill chick-flick. I was so surprised when I read this book because there's what you think is going to happen and then what actually happens. It took me by surprise. Cassie Cavanagh is a girl with a serious spending problem which only gets worse after being paid off. 'Confessions of a Reluctant Recessionista' is Cassie's story to finding stability in her life through friends, family and a lot of hilarious slip ups. I would highly recommend reading this. Just be warned that once you've read the first page, you won't be able to stop until you're done.

Total Rush (New York Blades)
Total Rush (New York Blades)
Price: 4.21

4.0 out of 5 stars A Brill Finish to a Series, 14 May 2012
I will say that 'Total Rush' isn't as good as 'Body Check' and 'Fair Play' but that doesn't mean this book isn't enjoyable. It's a brilliant light hearted read.

'Total Rush' tells the story of Gemma Dante and Sean Kinnealy. Sean is a firefighter who lives above Gemma. She is a very spiritual person who lights a lot of incense and candles in her apartment and Sean is sick and tired of the smell so he pulls a stunt in order to trick Gemma and prove what she is doing isn't safe.

Sean and Gemma start to go grow close but Sean can't hide is embarrassement and uncomfortability of what Gemma does for a living. He even goes out of his way to hide it from his friends and family.

'Total Rush' is definately worth a read and one i will be recommending to all my friends.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4