Profile for Bluesman 57 > Reviews

Content by Bluesman 57

Bluesman 57 "Bluesman 57" (Liverpool, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Rescued From Reality: The Life and Times of Walter Trout
Rescued From Reality: The Life and Times of Walter Trout
by Henry Yates
Price: 13.57

4.0 out of 5 stars A must for Trout fans, a great read for anybody else., 14 July 2014
This book is a must for all fans of Walter Trout. Unlike some of today's stars, Walter has worked his whole life to get where he is. There is little he hasn't experienced. Drugs, drink, the missing money, abusive step father, this list goes on there are so many facets to his illustrious career cover in the is book. It is well illustrated with superb photography. To anybody looking at a career in the music business this book is good educational reading.

NEW 3.8M TELESCOPIC FOLDABLE & EXTENDABLE STEP LADDER
NEW 3.8M TELESCOPIC FOLDABLE & EXTENDABLE STEP LADDER
Offered by BuyDirect4U
Price: 57.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and great value, 20 Jun 2014
I had been considering buy one of these for some time. I wish I had bought it ages ago. So handy and easy to use. Takes up know space at all. For simple quick jobs and accessing lofts, cupboards it is brilliant. For longer jobs, decorating etc, I would still recommend conventional kit.

Original Album Series
Original Album Series
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Tremendous value, 20 Jun 2014
This review is from: Original Album Series (Audio CD)
I bought this to replace albums I originally had on tape. You can't go wrong. I think that blues based output since his illness, when he was close to death, surpasses anything he did before, but that does taken anything away from his back catalogue. There are some superb albums and some stunning songs among this collection.

Blues For The Modern Daze
Blues For The Modern Daze
Offered by nagiry
Price: 14.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Another classic from Trout, 20 Jun 2014
Walter Trout gets better and better. He doesn't receive the commercial acclaim of some guitarists, but the are very few that are fit to tie his shoes. He is undoubted one of the greatest guitarists in the world. To add to that he writes such excellent songs. Nobody does contemporary blues like Walter. The are so many stand out tracks on this 15 track album. The opener 'Saw My Mama Cryin', based on his own memories, is a real emotional affair. 'Lonely', 'Recovery' and the title track are all superb. The stand out track for me is 'Blue For My Baby', which is a slow classic blues. The band gel so well together, they could play all night feeding off each other.

Cookin' in Mobile
Cookin' in Mobile
Price: 13.32

4.0 out of 5 stars Cookin' indeed, 20 Jun 2014
This review is from: Cookin' in Mobile (Audio CD)
Robert Cray is a gifted blues musician with such a laid back style of playing. He is superb live and never hits a duff note. This is a great concert and the production is superb. It has both the CD and the DVD included to is superb value.

Cross Refill Rolling Ball Pen Black Ref 85234D (Pack of 6)
Cross Refill Rolling Ball Pen Black Ref 85234D (Pack of 6)
Offered by K Direct
Price: 11.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality roller pen., 20 Jun 2014
My wife bought me a Cross Roller pen a year or two ago. It is a real quality pen and moves very smoothly across the page. These refills are genuine Cross refills and are excellent value.

Nav-Mat DIP - New 2011 Version - Dash Mount for Portable Satellite Navigation - Licensed by the Association of Chief Police Officers as an Official Police Security Initiative approval -UK Specification
Offered by Southmid Limited
Price: 19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good piece of kit., 20 Jun 2014
I am regularly having to swap cars, so my Sat Nav was having to come with me and regularly lost its suction on the windscreen. This has save me a considerable amount of hassle. It sits on the dash and has never slipped once in the 3 or 4 months since i bought it. it is something i would highly recommend. It is worth checking the your screen works with the sucker facing down, my old Tom Tom One wouldn't, but most screen display are reversible now.

Songs From The Road (CD + DVD)
Songs From The Road (CD + DVD)
Price: 12.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Passionate performance, 18 Jun 2014
I missed out on Joan Shaw-Taylor until my son bought me a ticket for a concert, assuring me, "You will love her". I bought this album blind and I was not disappointed. I am hooked. Very few female vocalists have such power to carry blues/rock like she does, and to add to her talent, she is one hell of a guitar player. Her songs are well written and spread across the spectrum, driving rock to bar room blues. She is certainly one talented lady and I am so looking forward to seeing her live in July.

In My Soul
In My Soul
Price: 10.15

4.0 out of 5 stars Chilled out blues, 18 Jun 2014
This review is from: In My Soul (Audio CD)
Robert Cray makes everything seem so effortless. His mellow blues never fails to disappoint. This is another fine album, by a fine guitarist.

The War Behind the Wire: The Life, Death and Glory of British Prisoners of War, 1914-18
by John Lewis-Stempel
Price: 17.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightening, 18 Jun 2014
This book covers an area of the 1st World War, which receives very little coverage. It is wonderfully researched and well written. To read about and try understand what the POWs went though was truly enlightening. There were occasions I found myself seething with anger at the way prisoners were treated. It covers the harsh reality of life in captivity, including some really barbaric treatment, slave labour and even cold blooded murder. The book also has a lighter side and gives examples of true the British stiff upper lip and the sheer cheek of the honest Tommy. What I found staggering was the manner that POWs were left to their own devices at the end of the war, basically having to find their own way home. For anybody who is interested in the 1st WW, this book is an essential read. Congratulations to John Lewis-Stempel for a brilliant publication,

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6