Profile for zuluwhisky > Reviews

Duronic DM300 Classic Drink Mixer / milkshake mixer / Frappe Maker
Duronic DM300 Classic Drink Mixer / milkshake mixer / Frappe Maker
Offered by DURONIC

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable product for the price, 22 Dec. 2014
Purchased this for use in a small cafe like environment and it works wonders for the occasional use (makes 15 drinks a night or so). I was impressed with the quality of the product for the price point.

We did look at commercial spindle mixers but they were around £200+. This Duronic mixer works without fail for light use.

XCSOURCE® Waterproof 5 Meter RGB Color Changing Mode 3528 Flexible LED Strip Kit 60 LEDs/m with IR Remote 24 Key Controller AC Power Supply Adapter UK Plug for Home Lighting Decoration Lights LD112K (3528)
Offered by XCSOURCE

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose., 22 Dec. 2014
Purchased after mixed reviews. It broke after a handful of uses. Need to contact Amazon to arrange a refund.

NETGEAR EX2700-100UKS 300Mbps Wi-Fi Range Extender
NETGEAR EX2700-100UKS 300Mbps Wi-Fi Range Extender

4.0 out of 5 stars Extend in to areas beyond normal reach, 22 Dec. 2014
I purchased this product as I am currently situated in an Annexe to the main house. This means that my standard wifi signal can be flaky.

The Netgear Extender was very easy to setup and works a treat. It creates a new SSID (by default called YourSSID_EXT) which you have to connect to separately - this is a point worth noting, as devices struggle to 'hand off' to another network and often retain the previous one for as long as they can. For example, I usually have to manually connect to the extended network SSID as it tries to keep the main one connected etc.

The Netgear does what it says on the box - it provides you with a reliable extension to your network. I would recommend it to anyone who needs to extend their signal without laying cables.

Joby GorillaPod Focus Tripod for Professional SLRs and Camcorders
Joby GorillaPod Focus Tripod for Professional SLRs and Camcorders
Offered by YOYOS

4.0 out of 5 stars A reasonable product - without the included ball head, 22 Dec. 2014
i first purchased the Gorillapod Focus with the Ballhead X, however the ball head was loose. I had to return the tripod for this reason as my camera wasn't secure when being precariously wrapped around bridges with the Thames underneath.

I was in two minds about whether to purchase the product again - I did like the idea of having a 'mini' tripod that is capable of holding my Canon 5D Mark III. I decided to purchase the tripod again without the ballhead - this time I used one of my own heads at home and have not had any issues with looseness. I'd suggest you do this too.

The use of the Gorillapod is somewhat limited, in the fact that it is only a few inches tall and you need to be able to either wrap it around a structure (like railings) or use it a few inches off the ground, however it is a reasonable compromise in situations when you can't justify taking a full tripod. It's lightweight, small(ish) and fits in a section of my every day camera bag.

Doxie Go - Rechargeable A4 Paper Scanner
Doxie Go - Rechargeable A4 Paper Scanner
Offered by Apparent

4.0 out of 5 stars Going Paperless with Doxie, 22 Dec. 2014
I purchased the Doxie Go to help me go paperless. I have countless receipts etc. that stick in my wallet for months and then either be binned or put in a receipts box.

The Doxie Go and bundled software means I can quickly scan all receipts, letters etc. and either store them on my computer, or in cloud services such as Dropbox and Google Drive. This functionality means that I have access to my scans wherever I am.

I don't use the Doxie as much as I thought I would - that's probably because I haven't embraced the paperless game as much as I was hoping, but on the occasions I do use it I do like the ease of use and many features in the software such as stapling multiple pages and scanning to OCR (Optical Character Recognition) to create searchable PDFs.

If you want to get organised digitally and get rid of paperwork lying around, the Doxie Go is a good choice.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 30, 2014 10:19 PM GMT

Koolertron Double Dual Shoulder Strap Belt Holster for DSLR Camera Canon Nikon Sony
Offered by Kastone electronics

1.0 out of 5 stars Nearly broke £2k of camera equipment, 17 Aug. 2014
You get what you pay for! One of the fasteners snapped inside my equipment - thankfully I was at home at the time, otherwise over £2000 of photographic equipment could have fallen to the floor and been unusable. This has left one of my items damaged and I am in the process of trying to get compensation. I've shelled out a lot more and purchased the Black Rapid RS DR-1 Double Strap with 5 Year Product Warranty now and will never buy a cheap imitation again.

LCD Timer Remote Switch control cord cable fits Canon EOS 10D 20D 30D D30 40D 50D 1D 1Ds 5D 7D as RS-80N3

3.0 out of 5 stars No power switch, 15 May 2014
Much cheaper than the Canon version, this is a great little trigger for time lapse photography. My only gripe with it is that there is no on/off switch, so the timer is always on.

Victorinox 07100T Jelly Swiss Card Red
Victorinox 07100T Jelly Swiss Card Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy tool, 15 May 2014
This Swiss Card is a very handy tool. I keep mine in my wallet and it allows me to discreetly and easily carry tools which prove useful when trying to remove packaging or tighten a screw. I would recommend this product.

CSL - mini DVB-T Stick | Dongle / Adapter | DVB-T Receiver for Smartphones / Tablets with Android | Micro USB Interface | Arcsoft Total Media & AIR DTV | Smartphone / Tablet / PC / Notebook
Offered by CSL-Computer

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, 17 Feb. 2014
I purchased this as I thought it'd be handy to watch TV when away from home with no WiFi connection. I tried this in multiple devices, (2 android tablets and 2 PCs) and could not receive any channels. Got a refund.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 27, 2014 12:15 PM GMT

Buff Reflective Multi Functional Headwear - R-Negro
Buff Reflective Multi Functional Headwear - R-Negro
Offered by Funswim Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Multi-functional buff - with reflective features!, 15 Feb. 2014
Buffs are so odd - they're a simple 'tube' of fabric - but they work. I use mine whilst walking home in the night. It's easy to put on and has many different wearing options. I love the addition of the reflective stripes, which is why I chose this version. It can be so hard to see people in the night but I know that I am visible to road users when walking home wearing this product. It's nice and warm too.

Page: 1 | 2