Profile for zuluwhisky > Reviews

Content by zuluwhisky

zuluwhisky

Page: 1 | 2
Koolertron Double Dual Shoulder Strap Belt Holster for DSLR Camera Canon Nikon Sony
Offered by Kastone electronics

1.0 out of 5 stars Nearly broke £2k of camera equipment, 17 Aug 2014
You get what you pay for! One of the fasteners snapped inside my equipment - thankfully I was at home at the time, otherwise over £2000 of photographic equipment could have fallen to the floor and been unusable. This has left one of my items damaged and I am in the process of trying to get compensation. I've shelled out a lot more and purchased the Black Rapid RS DR-1 Double Strap with 5 Year Product Warranty now and will never buy a cheap imitation again.

LCD Timer Remote Switch control cord cable fits Canon EOS 10D 20D 30D D30 40D 50D 1D 1Ds 5D 7D as RS-80N3

3.0 out of 5 stars No power switch, 15 May 2014
Much cheaper than the Canon version, this is a great little trigger for time lapse photography. My only gripe with it is that there is no on/off switch, so the timer is always on.

Victorinox 07100T Jelly Swiss Card Red
Victorinox 07100T Jelly Swiss Card Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy tool, 15 May 2014
This Swiss Card is a very handy tool. I keep mine in my wallet and it allows me to discreetly and easily carry tools which prove useful when trying to remove packaging or tighten a screw. I would recommend this product.

CSL - mini DVB-T Stick | Dongle / Adapter | DVB-T Receiver for Smartphones / Tablets with Android | Micro USB Interface | Arcsoft Total Media & AIR DTV | Smartphone / Tablet / PC / Notebook
Offered by CSL-Computer

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, 17 Feb 2014
I purchased this as I thought it'd be handy to watch TV when away from home with no WiFi connection. I tried this in multiple devices, (2 android tablets and 2 PCs) and could not receive any channels. Got a refund.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 27, 2014 12:15 PM GMT

Buff Reflective Multi Functional Headwear - R-Negro
Buff Reflective Multi Functional Headwear - R-Negro
Offered by Buff Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Multi-functional buff - with reflective features!, 15 Feb 2014
Buffs are so odd - they're a simple 'tube' of fabric - but they work. I use mine whilst walking home in the night. It's easy to put on and has many different wearing options. I love the addition of the reflective stripes, which is why I chose this version. It can be so hard to see people in the night but I know that I am visible to road users when walking home wearing this product. It's nice and warm too.

Lowepro DSLR Video Fastpack 250 AW Quick Access Backpack for DSLR - Black
Lowepro DSLR Video Fastpack 250 AW Quick Access Backpack for DSLR - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful backpack, 15 Feb 2014
I purchased this backpack as it used to hurt my shoulder to be carrying my camera equipment over my shoulder, and I needed some more space.

I've had a few Lowepro bags in the past and I've found them to be great - I've still got one from about 5/6 years ago that is absolutely fine.

I chose this bag for a few reasons. I liked the idea of having quick access to the camera - and I must say this does work. It's nice not to have to take the bag fully off to get the camera out to capture a shot (although you will have to undo the two straps first). This is a great feature for me as it can be quite awkward to take a backpack off to capture a shot. You still have to take the bag off to change lens though, which is a little frustrating when you're all geared up and can hardly move.

The laptop compartment is well padded - it's nice to know that there is a layer of protection when lying your bag on the ground or a rock.

The main camera compartment can be configured to requirements using the velcro tabs.

I have found that with the expansion of my equipment I am running out of room though, and it's hard to fit everything in. The top compartment provides a nice section for personal belongings, or audio equipment as advertised. Some optional dividers may have been nice in the top section.

The bag has an integrated rain cover which is invaluable when you get caught in the rain or are shooting by the sea. It is quite awkward to carry a tripod with the rain cover on though.

Overall, I have found this a good camera bag for the type of work I do, and I would recommend it.

SanDisk 3A114805 Ultra 16 GB SDHC UHS-I Class 10 Card - Frustration-Free Packaging (Label May Change)

5.0 out of 5 stars SanDisk Quality, 29 Dec 2013
I use this card with my NIkon J2. Shooting RAW, memory cards can get filled more quickly so I decided to purchase another SD card so I never get caught out. This SanDisk Ultra 16GB works a charm.

Hahnel Triad 40 Lite Professional Light Weight Aluminium Alloy 4-Section Tripod with 360º Lock-in System Ball Head and Free Carrying Case

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 29 Dec 2013
I purchased this tripod to support my photography when attempting to take long exposure photos. The tripod just about holds my Canon 7D and 24-70 2.8 L lens.

The quality of the tripod is OK - it's not as awful as the ones you pick up in high-street catalogue stores, but it's not the best build. The leg fasteners are made of plastic and the head has a tendency to be a bit wobbly on the tripod.

It's nothing compared to a more expensive Manfrotto, but I wasn't expecting it to be. I didn't want to pay lots of money for a tripod as I don't use them that often, but after having cheap tripods from stores such as Argos, I knew how useless they can be!

This is an affordable tripod for occasional light use.

Kenro Strut Mounts 6x4" - Black (Pack of 50)
Kenro Strut Mounts 6x4" - Black (Pack of 50)
Offered by PicStop

4.0 out of 5 stars Good mounts, 29 Dec 2013
I use these photo mounts to give and sell 6x4 prints from my Canon Selphy printer. They work quite well and do the job.

5 Star Air Duster Can HFC Free Compressed Gas Flammable 400ml
5 Star Air Duster Can HFC Free Compressed Gas Flammable 400ml

4.0 out of 5 stars It's air, 29 Dec 2013
Does what it says on the tin. The tube fits on the nozzle which is good as some other brands don't fit properly. Affordable.

Page: 1 | 2