ARRAY(0xa7cac558)

Profile for Alan L. Ramsay > Reviews

Content by Alan L. Ramsay

Alan L. Ramsay "Alan Ramsay" (Scotland, U.K.)

The Fault in Our Stars (Indies Choice Book Awards. Young Adult Fiction)
The Fault in Our Stars (Indies Choice Book Awards. Young Adult Fiction)
by John Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond incredible., 12 Jan 2012
This book was sheer brilliance. I was blown away. I sat in for 2 whole days reading it, and was not disappointed. It was worth the wait, but I can't believe i've already finished and waiting for something knew from John Green. My copy was signed, I was fangirling so much when I seen John's signature. This is a book i'll be sure to treasure, always.

(This is my Dad's account. I'm Claire, his daughter).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 12, 2012 10:32 AM GMT

Criminal Minds - Season 1-6 [DVD]
Criminal Minds - Season 1-6 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Shemar Moore

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS!, 27 Dec 2011
I didn't get off the couch for days and days. It's one of the greatest things i've ever bought, even better than CSI. Each episode is different, and perfect in every way. I would definitely recommend for anybody!

Glee: The Concert Movie (DVD + Digital Copy)
Glee: The Concert Movie (DVD + Digital Copy)
Dvd ~ Lea Michele
Offered by Jasuli
Price: 3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Best experience imaginable., 18 Dec 2011
I actually went to the Glee Live concert in London on the 26th June 2011 and words cannot describe how fantastic it is. It obviously doesn't have the real experience rolled into a DVD because being there was fantastic but it's pretty close.

If you love Glee, then you'll love this. It's a movie of the concert, with all my favourite songs. It also has some backstage peeks that you couldn't have experienced throughout the concert. Not only that, but it has a couple interviews of people with real life situations and it describes how Glee has changed their lives. How it's helped.

If your thinking of buying this for yourself or for somebody else who's passionate about Glee, I say go for it. It won't disappoint you. You'll find yourself re-watching it. I wish I could travel back to the concert, but i'll always have this DVD to look back on for the memories.

Bridesmaids (Extended Edition) [DVD] [2011]
Bridesmaids (Extended Edition) [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Kristen Wiig
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.63

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth Watching., 28 Nov 2011
Okay, i never usually review on much things but i want to talk specifically to anybody deciding to buy this DVD. I'm nearly 18 and i was told this movie was next best thing and truly hilarious. It had a few funny scenes and when i say a few i mean like 1 or 2 scenes that made me giggle. I didn't think it was hilarious, not even close. I was a bit disappointed. People reading this will probably shug this review off and move onto a 5 star review which it looks like there are plenty of and i don't understand, where we watching the same movie? I did however like the romance side to the movie involving Officer Rhodes. Maybe thats because i'm a sucker for romance but it saved this movie in my opinion. Without that storyline, i don't believe there would be a storyline at all. I may watch this movie in the future but i won't be holding my breath in excitement anytime soon. I hope this review helped, honestly i do.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 30, 2013 9:58 PM GMT

Last Breath (Morganville Vampires)
Last Breath (Morganville Vampires)
by Rachel Caine
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THESE BOOKS, 27 Nov 2011
I am seriously in love with the Morganville collection. They are my favourite books by a landslide. Rachel Caine captures my attention throughout every book and i'm hooked and unable to put them down by the end. 6 months is a long way away for me, i want the next installment right now.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you'll ever need for your outdoor pursuits., 23 July 2007
Having owned this for around 5 months now, I can honestly say it's the best purchase I've ever made. Although I enjoy outdoor pursuits, I have no sense of direction whatsoever. With this little box of tricks, I can relax, safe in the knowledege that I really will be able to find my way back to the car, no matter where I roam. I have to say that the mapsource maps are essential though, since the basemap is too basic for serious navigation. I have the city navigator maps for the whole of Europe installed on a 2GB Micro SD card, but you can also purchase topo maps for the uk too. I bought my mapsource cd's from a well known internet auction site, and saved a fortune. Well worth considering. With the mapsource maps installed, you can get turn by turn routing to your destination. Although there's no voice direction, it does bleep, and highlight the next turn with a close up of what's required, so you can use it in the car too. I didn't bother with the official car mount, but instead used a couple of velcro sticky squares from B&Q, saving about 20. The unit has so many functions, you'll never use it to its full capacity, but it's very reliable, and well made. I use it everyday, whether it's to find my way about the city, or on top of a mountain. The Barometric altimeter is useful for knowing just how far you have to go during your climb, and the waypoints facility allows you to return to your safe route back down, even in zero visibility. The list of points of interest contained on the mapsource maps are impressive to say the least. Whenever I visit new towns or cities, I have an amazing list of every type of business and service that I could ever need, including the phone numbers. Overall, if you want the best recreational gps on the market, this is the one for you.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Sealskinz Ultra Grip Gloves, 16 Feb 2007
Having carefully looked at gloves in this price range from many different manufacturers, I was convinced that I had made the right choice in selecting Sealskinz Ultra Grip Gloves. Being a keen climber of the mountains of Scotland, I needed a glove which offered good grip, was windproof, waterproof and warm. The gloves are very tight fitting, and have very excellent rubberised grip dots. They allow a high degree of manual dexterity, and they don't slide around in use. Having bought the gloves in the Autumn, they seemed to be ideal, but I do have to say that in the winter, they will not keep your hands warm at all. I have found them to be very cold indeed. I was initially impressed by the fact that they are advertised as being 100% waterproof. Unfortunately, my experience is that they leak badly whilst being used in basic conditions of heavy rain. I have never subjected them to a submersion test, but to be honest, it would be a pointless exercise, since I know that water would flood in. In summary, although I have been disappointed with many features of the gloves, I do think they are excellent for Autumn use, and protect you well whilst scrambling over rocks. Although I do still like them, I regret that I could not encourage you to purchase them, mostly because of the serious failings I have found in them.