Profile for Adrian Hedges > Reviews

Content by Adrian Hedges

Adrian Hedges (Dorking, Surrey United Kingdom)

Jakar Scale Ruler - 150mm
Jakar Scale Ruler - 150mm
Offered by Hobby Art & Crafts

2.0 out of 5 stars in places they are now completely off and it is useless. Its not cheap when including postage and I ..., 1 May 2015
This review is from: Jakar Scale Ruler - 150mm (Toy)
After a year the scales started to were off, in places they are now completely off and it is useless. Its not cheap when including postage and I would expect it to last years before this happens. Not recommended.
Comment Comment | Permalink

John Lennon. The Life.
John Lennon. The Life.

2.0 out of 5 stars A Disappointment!, 1 July 2014
Many grammatical and spelling errors, which is pretty inexcuseable. I did not like the style of writing, the author expressed emotions and feelings to the subjects in the book to which he could only guess at. It seemed part fictional part documentary. If you want an excellent book on The Beatles story, for what I have read so far, you will find Hunter Davies's book, The Authorised Biography, hard to beat.

Sir George Martin: The Fifth Beatle or the Architect of the Phenomenon of the Beatles?

1.0 out of 5 stars One biased book............., 11 Oct. 2012
This book was totally biased towards the input of George Martin to the point of almost negating the genius of The Beatles themselves. Without a doubt, Martin/Beatles was a brilliant combination and Martin was an important part of the jigsaw that was the Beatles phenonemon. To imply that the greatness of the Beatles relied so greatly on George Martin is going some, if that were the case, why were Gerry and the Pacemakers and Billy J Kramer not as phenonmenal? Also the style of putting across the author's views in this book was irritatingly immature. I would not recommend this book to anyone.

All Aboard!
All Aboard!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Great!!, 6 Oct. 2012
This review is from: All Aboard! (MP3 Download)
This is the best of the 3 CD's that Indigo Swing produced, but that does not mean the other two are inferior, they are great also and very much worth getting. In fact you have to get them for, with such little material from Indigo Swing, you'll be quite deprived otherwise. Indigo Swing were, in a lot of peoples opinion, the best of the modern era swing bands and it is a great loss that they disbanded leaving us with only 3 CDs. The sax is great, the songs are great and of course Johnny Boyd's crooning is, just great. If you like swing, you should not regret buying this CD.

Jumbo LCD Timer
Jumbo LCD Timer
Offered by Robert Grant of London

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointingly poor quality., 6 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Jumbo LCD Timer (Kitchen & Home)
I thought Acctim was a quality brand but I must have got confused with Salter. I was so disappointed with this product that I actually returned it to Amazon and got a refund, the first time I have done this. There were two issues I had with it, the first was that the LCD display showed 88.88 from most angles that it was looked at, I realise that LCD can sometimes do this but this was particularly bad and not something I could live with. The second was that it just looked and felt cheap, the buttons were painted grey instead of having a different shade of grey plastic.
After returning it, I went to Robert Dyas and got an identical Salter timer for £1 extra which did not have the foregoing issues.

Li Hongzhi & His 'Falun Gong@: Deceiving the Public and Ruining Lives
Li Hongzhi & His 'Falun Gong@: Deceiving the Public and Ruining Lives

1.0 out of 5 stars Review, 29 Oct. 2005
This book is very misguided and some of the information in it in my view is false, falun gong is a benificial practice of mind and body based on the principles of truthfullness, compassion and tolerance. Falun gong practitioners focus on being kind and helping people not decieving people and ruining lives; the book paints a very bad and inaccurate picture of what Falun Gong is about so it is in my view a pointless read.

Live at the Fairfield Halls, 1974
Live at the Fairfield Halls, 1974

5.0 out of 5 stars Caravan at their best!, 15 Jan. 2004
I was a loyal Caravan fan back in the early 70’s and could never understand why a band with such original musical ideas, and unique sound (just listen to that organ on If I Could Do it Again and Land of Grey and Pink), never made it to the big time. It was left to those of us ‘in the know’ to spread the Caravan message. Now, after many years, I have dug up my Caravan vinyl collection and decided that this music is still as fresh and original as ever and deserves upgrading to CD. Looking on Amazon, I was pleased to find that someone at Decca had persuaded the men in suits to re-master the albums. I was also intrigued to find this Live at Fairfield Halls CD and the glowing reviews were enough to make me buy it. I was not disappointed. It is Caravan at their best and all complimented by a technically good recording.
Mainly featuring material from Girls Who Grow Plump in the Night, there are other gems here as well, Virgin on the Ridiculous, Love in Your Eye and, of course, For Richard. The band sounds really tight and the musical energy is captured magnificently. This CD should have been released in the UK a long time ago rather than just being restricted to being a French release. Anyway, it is now here, great music from a great band - play loud.