Profile for Jackie > Reviews

Yosemite
Yosemite
by Ansel Adams

5.0 out of 5 stars Glorious photos, 8 Mar 2013
This review is from: Yosemite (Paperback)
I gave this book five stars because, let's face it, Ansel Adams deserves no less for his wonderful photography. As a pictorial reference for one of the most wonderful parks in America it's unsurpassed. However I would have liked it to be a little bigger. It doesn't do the photos justice, although having just seen the Ansel Adams exhibition at the Maritime Museum in Greenwich, I would concede that some of his photos in real life aren't the most enormous. It just doesn't really cut it as a 'coffee table' book, and I know what you're all going to say - that it's in the description and what do I expect for the price?

But as a reminder of two visits for me to Yosemite and a little taste of what I missed it's unbeatable. Makes me want to go bcak time and again.

East of Eden (Penguin Modern Classics)
East of Eden (Penguin Modern Classics)

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing tale, 23 Feb 2013
I've come to the end of this fantastic book feeling like I've lived the lives of the people in it. They aren't just characters, the are almost real. It's a fantastic rollercoaster of emotions, there isn't one character that Steinbeck didn't pull me into. Fabulous, a must re-read. I'm sad it's over. I'm tempted to get the film on dvd but I don't want to be disappointed if it doesn't cut the mustard. The book has incredible depth, a story so woven and well written that it has to be read.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 18, 2013 9:40 AM BST

ByteStor 16GB USB  High Speed "Dataferry" Flash Drive
ByteStor 16GB USB High Speed "Dataferry" Flash Drive

1.0 out of 5 stars Really frustrated, 28 Sep 2012
I bought this to keep my photos on, some of which were of holidays. I thought they would be safe. I could not have been more wrong. I loaded them on, now approximately 10 months later I cannot access them at all. My memories have been wiped out. I checked they were on there after loading but now the PC won't even recognize there is anything in the USB port. Disappointing doesn't begin to cover it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 6, 2014 1:24 AM BST

Tefal Fresh Express
Tefal Fresh Express
Offered by san direct

4.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, 23 May 2012
I haven't used it many times yet but it does a super job on grating cheese. So far it won't chop red onions, it makes a slimey pulp out of them! But hey, it's early days.

Andrew James 1000 WATT Electric Silver Food Stand Mixer With Splash Guard and 5.2 Litre Bowl + Spatula + 128 Page Food Mixer Cookbook

5.0 out of 5 stars My mixer, 3 Jun 2011
So far so good, it's a robust piece of kit, a little noisy but no worse than my old Kenwood all singing all dancing one! Made cookies so far, cakes to bake this weekend. Advantages over my old one has got to be capacity and no mess, the splash guard is great. And £400 for a Kitchen Aid? No way. This is just fine.