Profile for Mr. JJ Gale > Reviews

Content by Mr. JJ Gale

Mr. JJ Gale "jes48" (Midlands UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Lucy
Lucy

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit disapointed, 23 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Lucy (Amazon Instant Video)
Interesting story line but a weak ending for me

The Maze Runner
The Maze Runner

3.0 out of 5 stars Promised more than it gives., 22 Feb. 2015
This is obviously the first of probably 3? films (I have not read the book). So there is no conclusion to the film and we are left with just more questions as to why they were there in the first place, and why build such a massive maze? Not sure if I will rent the next instalment, just wait for it on terrestrial TV.

E-PRANCE® B47FS Ambarella A7 LA70 1296P HD Car Dashboard Camera with GPS LOGGER LED Night Vision G-SENSOR WDR+TF16GB Card (B47FS+GPS, DVR+32GB)
Offered by EPRANCE

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Camera, 20 Feb. 2015
I have been using this for a week now. As others have mentioned the manual is poor in its explanation of how to use the functions of the camera, but trial and error with button pressing gets you there in the end!
The software for viewing the video's along with GPS information looks as if it would be nice to use, however several people have reported the video to be shown upside down and in a mirror image. This happened to me. I used the software advised by another review which I downloaded. This works perfectly, though taking a still picture is somewhat cumbersome. The original software supplied had a single button to press to take a picture.

On delving into the original software I find a menu which allowed me to flip the picture. So I can now watch the video, but the speedo does not work and that side of the screen is half missing! (there are about ten screens full of settings that can be changed, but I have no idea what they do!)

So that's the software looked at, what about the camera. The mounting assembly is simple and effective. The supplied USB cord is very long and even has another usb socket hidden under its cover!
Be aware you do need it plugged in as the internal battery does not last long. I have the picture disappear after a few minutes and just a small green flashing light tells me it is recording. The camera starts to record as soon as it is supplied with power.

There is no lens cover supplied, and as I will be taking mine down after each trip I need to find something suitable to put it in as nothing is supplied.
On viewing the video the picture looks remarkably clear. You are able to zoom in and out and look at number plates etc. but you do need to be close in the first place to get that sort of detail. Night vision in lighted areas looks good, I have not been out in country side yet. I think the results of the recorded videos are somewhat dependant on your expectations. Yes its HD, but take a look at the size of the lens, and the angle it covers, its not going to give a clear picture of a number plate unless the car is reasonably close. What it does show though is everything going on in front of you. Within the first day I have video of a van undertaking me and causing me to brake as he pulled out in front of me! If I had this camera a few months ago I could have proved I was within my lane and the person who hit the side of my car had come into my lane (half the reason for getting one).
To conclude. I looked at several camera's in this price range. All had some reports of one failure or another. This one had the best spec and so far I am pleased with my purchase.
One other thing, support, well there does not seem to be any support!

Logitech 2.4 inch Harmony Touch Universal Remote Control for Home Entertainment System

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, 1 Feb. 2015
Been thinking of getting one of these for ages. It came up on special offer around Christmas so I jumped in!
After about 10 - 15 minutes of putting in my systems devices via the computer, I took the Touch into the living room to test it out. I expected to run into problems fairly early on having read some of the reviews.
The TOUCH worked perfectly straight away. It turns on the TV, Amp/Receiver, and SKY box by touching one button on the touch screen. When I change to watch a Blue Ray it turns off the SKY Box!
I have previously had a Phillips PRONTO in the past which was a devil to program, this TOUCH was simple to set up the basics and when I have a bit of time I will delve into programming this a bit more, but to be honest it already does most of what I want! Even my wife has got the hang of it within a day and she found out how to move down a page at a time in the SKY listing screen before I knew which button to press! Go out and get one, its replaced the following remotes:
TV
Logitech Squeezebox Touch

Audio Technica ATLP120USB USB Turntable
Audio Technica ATLP120USB USB Turntable
Offered by Superfi

5.0 out of 5 stars The reason for the surprise----- the sound was fantastic!! Far, 1 Feb. 2015
Have not listened to my LP's for over twenty years. I have kept them clean and dry however but I was completely surprised at the sound quality I got connected to my Yamaha AVR. The reason for the surprise----- the sound was fantastic!! Far, far better than I had hoped for. I have previously had an EB 101 and an Ariston Q deck (bit of a downward move following a divorce and lack of money) and always thought I would get a Rega Planner or similar, but this was to replace a Christmas present from my wife who bought a deck from a popular clothing store for way too much money (the clue is in the type of shop!), and it didn't work anyway so we took it back and got a refund.
After searching I found this deck had the USB connection I was looking for to record my LP collection, however I don't think I will bother as they sound so good through my amp!
The deck is fairly heavy, has several adjustment controls to set up speed, weight, etc, even a light to guide the placement of the stylus on the record!
I'm sure if you can afford another £100 (and the cost of a pre amp) you will look elsewhere, but for this price look no further!

CiT 3.5 inch USB 3.0 SATA Aluminium HDD Enclosure - Black
CiT 3.5 inch USB 3.0 SATA Aluminium HDD Enclosure - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!, 1 Feb. 2015
Next day delivery by Amazon on a Sunday! great service.
The product is of reasonable build quality for the price. Two sets of different sized screws are supplied, one set to secure the hard drive into the tray and another set to secure the tray in the case. However I could only use one set as these were needed for both jobs! Got some spare screws out of a bag of computer bits I have accumulated over the years. Its not a major problem, just a shame, hence the loss of a star.
However in use the caddy worked first time with no problems at all (I have another enclosure I bought for £25 from PC World which would not work on my USB 3.0 connection on top of my computer case (Windows 8.1), but this one does without any problem. The USB lead is nearly a metre in length, again much better than my previous purchase. I can definitely recommend.

Stalingrad
Stalingrad

2.0 out of 5 stars Another dreary Stalingrad film, 22 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Stalingrad (Amazon Instant Video)
The film gets off to a bad start with a scene with a train moving along in the background through an Italian town. It's so obviously computer graphics, done very poorly that set the tone for the rest of the film. It's sub titled, but I don't mind that, Das Boot has to be watched with the original score, such a great film. This film however left me wishing I had not watched it and gone with my initial instincts of doing something better with my time. I'm writing this a few days after watching it, and I can hardly remember it, which I believe says it all!

NETGEAR GS608UK 8 Port Gigabit Desktop Switch
NETGEAR GS608UK 8 Port Gigabit Desktop Switch
Offered by Gizmofones

5.0 out of 5 stars So good I bought another one!, 19 Nov. 2014
My other switch went down so did a quick search and decided on this one, partly for Prime delivery which came the next day, Saturday.
Plugged in switched on and up came the green and orange lights. Green for Gigabit connection. Most of my connections in the living room were however the slower orange light, but that's due to the hardware.
I was interested to see that my main gaming computer out in the converted garage was showing up as a slower connection. However I had another hub in the garage, but what I had overlooked was that this was not up to Gigabit speeds. I connected my computer directly to the wall connection and hey presto, green light on this hub in the living room. Noticed the difference in speed straight away while surfing the net. So I have just ordered another one of these to put in the garage which will have another 5 connections.
You can get cheaper versions of this switch but as mentioned in other reviews you do not get the benefit of the dual colour LED's which I think are very handy.

90 degree right angle hdmi adapter female to male, 90 degree hdmi bend -pjp electronics®
Offered by PJP ELECTRONICS

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Sept. 2014
Quick delivery and work perfectly

Sony Fashion Over-Ear Headphones for iPod, iPhone, MP3 and Smartphone - White
Sony Fashion Over-Ear Headphones for iPod, iPhone, MP3 and Smartphone - White
Offered by uk-dealz

5.0 out of 5 stars So good bought three pairs!, 7 Sept. 2014
I had previously bought these for myself for use with my ipad. Very pleased with sound and just as important was comfort. My wife then borrowed them for use with her IPod and she commented on how much better they sounded than her last pair which had broken, praise indeed as here is someone who is not bothered about HD TV ! So this pair is for her.
Then my stepson tried his mothers headphones, and said how much better they were than his, so that's his birthday present sorted!
For the price I am sure you cannot do better!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3