Profile for Alan Burridge > Reviews

Content by Alan Burridge

Alan Burridge (Poole,, Dorset. United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Without You [DVD]
Without You [DVD]
Dvd ~ Anna Friel

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Feelings, 27 April 2014
This review is from: Without You [DVD] (DVD)
Well acted and something of a 'must see,' but the flaws in the plotting were annoying. Episode 1, Greg and the blonde die in a car crash / fire. The police close the case. But in episode 3, when you see the blonde being punched and strangled to death, and Greg having his head caved in with an iron bar, and it made you think: what happened at the post mortem, where were the CSI team? Why were both victims interred with these facts not being brought into the story? If they had, the story would have stopped dead, and the wife wouldn't have had to fight to get to the truth. So, these facts were left until the end just to spin out, what is, admittedly, a damned good story, but these obvious flaws left me wondering if the book and screen writers think we are so thick that we wouldn't notice. Perhaps, as a published crime thriller writer, I have trained myself to look for the loose ends and flaws, but these were quite alarming, and would not have sat easily with me had it been a story of mine.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 14, 2015 2:13 PM GMT

10M Duct Tape- Strong & reliable 48mm x 10m-Adhesives
10M Duct Tape- Strong & reliable 48mm x 10m-Adhesives
Offered by CKONE

5.0 out of 5 stars Top job., 15 Nov. 2013
Excellent product used to repair the rocket (firework) cracks made in the perspex on out car port roof. Pleased with this.

T2 BC Cord Grip Lampholder (Takes up to 100 Watt)
T2 BC Cord Grip Lampholder (Takes up to 100 Watt)
Offered by Ideal Lighting

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 15 Nov. 2013
Great price, great service. Nice to buy just the one I needed at a great price. Now she's nagging me to fit it.

24" JAZZI BRANDED Shopping Trolley Black
24" JAZZI BRANDED Shopping Trolley Black
Offered by DBLS Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Wheels count., 3 Oct. 2013
Balance goes with multiple sclerosis, and therefore carrying shopping bags became a nightmare, Now, I have the security of the trolley for support, whilst also enjoying the wheels taking the weight.

Homecraft Traditional Crook Handle Walking Stick Chestnut
Homecraft Traditional Crook Handle Walking Stick Chestnut
Offered by Phoenix Walking Sticks

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job., 3 Oct. 2013
Within the early stages of multiple sclerosis, with the drastic change in walking gait it gave the impression that one was drunk. 'Get a walking stick,' my MS nurse insisted, 'and then the public will realise that you are not drunk, but you have a problem and are dealing with it.' And it works 100%!

The Devils (Special Edition) [DVD] [1971]
The Devils (Special Edition) [DVD] [1971]
Dvd ~ Oliver Reed
Offered by A2Z Entertains

5.0 out of 5 stars First film I saw with my wife., 5 April 2013
It was the year my wife and I started going out together. Hardly knew one another, but this was playing at a local cinema and she 'had to go.'
She loved it, and so did I to a degree, but somehow the superb realism of man's inhumanity to man got to me, and I felt quite depressed by the end. We walked outside and she smiled and said 'I'd like to see that again'' And being the beau who was new to this lady's charms, I had to smile and agree. And so we did.
Second time around Oliver Reed's (and the rest of the casts') superb acting and the visual effects became more impressive, and I began to realise what a gritty and gory history we human beings have had.
The impact of The Devils has not been diluted with time, and is no doubt now one of Oliver's most famous roles. This is where our ancestor's came from, our kin folk acted like this, and in many ways, we still do. An epic and 'must see' piece of cinematography and history. Mankind is the most violent creature on this planet, and never forget it.

Good Morning Vietnam: A Soundtrack To The 60s
Good Morning Vietnam: A Soundtrack To The 60s

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 8 Mar. 2013
Every track is a winner, more so if you are from the 60's era, but most music lovers will enjoy this excellent compilation.

Concept4u Knitting Needles 4 Pairs (8 Knitting Needles) 9mm 10mm 12mm & 15mm with Clear Plastic Sleeve Cover

5.0 out of 5 stars Heirlooms, 8 Mar. 2013
Bought for the granddaughters who will no doubt keep and use them forever and a day. Didn't know such large needles existed!

Motorhead One Night Stand
Motorhead One Night Stand

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Motorhead One Night Stand (DVD)
Not sure if this is official (?) but the picture and sound quality (as it seems to be from a TV broadcast) is very good, and the Motorhead fan will appreciate it in their collection.

Far Cry 3 (Xbox 360)
Far Cry 3 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game!, 8 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Far Cry 3 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Not a gamer myself, but we bought this for our son and he rates it as one of the best.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20