Profile for Martin > Reviews

Circle of Vengeance
Circle of Vengeance
by Michael Houghton

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent thriller, 28 May 2014
This review is from: Circle of Vengeance (Paperback)
I was enthralled, fantastic story couldn't put it down, made me late for work twice. Can't wait for the movie.

PC Tools Registry Mechanic 2011, 3 Computers, 1 Year Subscription (PC)
PC Tools Registry Mechanic 2011, 3 Computers, 1 Year Subscription (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars PC Tools 2011, 2 Oct. 2011
A great product, I have used Registry mechanic before and always found it did a good job keeping my PC clean and tidy. 2011 has some great new features. Would highly recommend.

Nikon CF-EU05 VAE22001 Digital SLR System Bag
Nikon CF-EU05 VAE22001 Digital SLR System Bag
Offered by Akasya Handels GmbH

4.0 out of 5 stars Nikon SLR Bag, 2 Oct. 2011
Good quality bag as expected. It is a Nikon camera holder so not much to say really fast delivery as always.

Family Tree Maker 2011 Deluxe (PC)
Family Tree Maker 2011 Deluxe (PC)

3.0 out of 5 stars FTM 2011 okay but not great, 11 Nov. 2010
Very excited to upgrade from FTM 2005 to 2011, however somewhat disappointed with the product. First of all the appearance, although a contemporary look, is much more difficult to navigate compared to 2005. Family members appear as just another data field rather than the unique page per person in 2005 and when you select individual it squeezes all known data on to one page. Surely Ancestry must realise their audience tends to be slightly older than the ipod generation and prefer slighly bigger fonts and a degree of simplicity.
I was anticipating great things with the maps function but my first street name (Dudley St, Paddington) was inaccurate, FTM2011 uses microsoft "Bing" which shows incorrect street names (try it then compare to Google maps) I've been to Dudley St and know Google is correct. Nearly every location I have was unrecognised by Bing and I now need to "resolve" my place names to suit the Software, 644 of them (which can't be right).
Overall I would say if you haven't used any previous product then it's okay but if you have then I wouldn't recommend it (yet), although I have received an update which fixes some bugs.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 27, 2011 10:48 PM BST