Profile for J.L.W.B > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Silentnight Comfort Control Electric Blanket, Polyester - King, White
Silentnight Comfort Control Electric Blanket, Polyester - King, White
Offered by Branded_Bedding

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended to anyone who hates the cold at night, 2 Mar. 2015
Really rate this- have a few minor issues but I don't think they're major ones.

To those who are as confused and no as little as I did about electric blankets before I purchased mine I will explain.

This is a white felt blanket with a sort of thin wire within which heats up and the entire blanket feels warmed up (the wire is by the way comfortable enough for me to sleep on and I am normally hypersensitive to anything in my bed).
It sits on top of your mattress but below your sheet cover; you *do not* lie directly on the electric blanket.

It turns on via a switch with 3 different temperatures on and you leave it for a good 10 minutes (I go for 30 and notice a difference) before going to bed. Tip here: put your duvet back over your bed to retain the heat; your bed feels like a hug as soon as you go to get into bed. This alone will make me miss the winter when I have reason to do this when the weather heats up!

It is designed to be washable. I've not tried- I've not even read the instructions as to how to do this but to say it can apparently come apart and be washed.

The few niggles I have.

1. I had to get a King sized for my double bed. If I got a double size it wouldn't have touched my feet. I think this is wrong. I want ALL of me warmed up when I go to bed, not just my torso.

2. Not so sleek to put onto the bed. It has strings to tie into place. Does feel a bit cheapskate and this could easily be changed into elastics- even replaceable elastics if they were worried about things snapping, it just isn't so easy to tie which bit of string to what bit...and doesn't look so pretty once it's tied up. OK this is easily hidden by the bed sheets but it just is a bit of a gripe because it's so needlessly messy.

3. I would have liked this to heat up to a warmer temperature. OK I probably am looking at wanting this hot enough to begin to break a sweat and at the moment on the top dial (no.3) I cannot sleep with the heat left on because (on trying this out) I did wake up in a night sweat. But I would have liked the temperature to have gotten hotter than it does even if I would be turning it off as soon as I went to bed. Not a big issue because it is fit for purpose- it does warm up to a nice warm temperature but I like radiator warm not just warm hug warm! (I get the feeling all electric blankets are like this though).

These are my only hang-ups and they are not major. Overall I would re-buy this again without a second thought, money well spent and now I no longer dread the 15 minutes of needing to shiver myself warm before I could begin to attempt to sleep! Would recommend this to anyone who like me used to try to sleep in a drafty room with two hot water bottles and would still find it too cold to sleep. Buy this if you hate the cold at night.

Forefront Cases® New Leather Shell Case Cover for Amazon Kindle Voyage (November 2014) - Full device protection and Smart Auto Sleep Wake function with 3 YEAR Forefront CASES WARRANTY
Offered by Forefront Cases

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't fault this!, 27 Nov. 2014
Can't fault this cover!

It does the job and works well. Easy to use, not too heavy (it barely adds any weight at all) and looks good too- simple with minimal fuss or detail.

The cover is leather but there is no strong leather smell- in fact I can't tell it's leather at all (this isn't a negative on the quality but to mention to those who are wary of the leather scent many products. The cover shaped to the shape of the Kindle (which has a slightly raised and shaped back) and it is etched with a criss-cross pattern (so not totally smooth). My only concern over this is dirt getting trapped in the little etched lines and being difficult to clean but I've not experienced this yet so can't really comment on this. It looks great at the moment!

The Kindle simply snaps into place. This is my first Kindle and I don't have a tablet or anything like this so it worried me a little that the fit was too snug but it does work and the fit is snug so the Kindle wont fall out.

I've already dropped it once from about 4 foot high onto a stone floor and there were no ill effects (nothing I can see or have noticed anyway).

There is a hole at the back for the on/off switch and the front cover folds back without any issues so the Kindle is easy enough to hold.
The inner lining is the sort of soft/mildly fuzzy type textured fabric which is comfortable to hold and I'd say nicer than holding the Kindle by itself. There is no reason to hold this any differently than as you'd hold a small magazine (just not as heavy) or a normal sized book.

The page turn buttons/tabs are not in any way effected and still work exactly as they would without the cover.

The cover itself closes magneticly, turns off the Kindle once you close it and holds closed. I have not seen what happens if you just chuck it into a bag; e.g if it would open of it's own accord or how easy it could be for a key or pen or something to slide it's way into the screen as I am still treating my Kindle a bit like a baby and it's hiding in a plastic wallet that this case came in to prevent any grit finding it's way onto the screen! But the closure would seem to hold tight in most mild knocks and so on. It can slide ever so slightly so the closure isn't 100% aligned front to back by a few millimetres which was my point but I've no idea if that would be enough to mean the Kindle was vugnrable to other objects getting to the screen.

I would buy this cover again- I originally had wanted the Origami case that Amazon themselves make but couldn't get my head around the price so opted for this. In relation the price (a fraction of the Origami case) is pretty excellent in terms of quality and does a decent job, is easy to use and doesn't in any way make the Kindle look bad at all.

Shampoo by Philip Kingsley One More Day Dry Shampoo 200ml
Shampoo by Philip Kingsley One More Day Dry Shampoo 200ml
Offered by MV TRADE

4.0 out of 5 stars The best of what's around at the moment, 26 May 2014
I've tried a few dry-shampoos and most do not work. They all left my hair with a chalky/greasy residue and my hair just ended up feeling heavy, actually made my scalp itch and I ended up having to wash my hair properly in the end which wasn't always a practical option (meaning I had to cancel various appointments just so I could wash my hair to get rid of the itchy scalp issue!)

All I really was looking for was a product to get me 2 days where I didn't have to wash my hair- so being totally honest, I've not tried this for several days or festival hair. I generally wash my hair daily but on some occasions do not have time to do the whole hair styling thing so don't wash my hair that day. It does show and doesn't feel clean (I live in a highly polluted city and this makes my hair look dirtier far faster than otherwise). I think this dry shampoo works really well. I get little or no residue, it smells very subtle- strong enough to smell of something, but too weak to detract from what perfume or even what deoderant you choose to wear.

Other brands I've tried have been...Tresemme (both their dry shampoos) Baptise (most if not all of their various dry shampoos) Ojon (they only have one and it did not work at all!) Toni and Guy, Mark Hill, Lee Stafford, James Brown and talc (as in the powder). I think this Phillip Kingsley version beats them all hands down. It loses a star for being so expensive I don't know if I can afford to buy another for a very long time!

City Of Angels
City Of Angels

5.0 out of 5 stars Best song by this band!, 16 Mar. 2014
This review is from: City Of Angels (MP3 Download)
I Love this song, love the video, worth downloading, I'd say this is easily the best song on the album.

I Can Has Cheezburger? 2014 Box
I Can Has Cheezburger? 2014 Box
by Andrews McMeel
Edition: Calendar

4.0 out of 5 stars This makes me smile :), 16 Mar. 2014
Love the idea for this- not as ROTFL as the website I have to say but getting there and one of the best calenders I've had to date :)

Secret Garden: An Inky Treasure Hunt and Colouring Book
Secret Garden: An Inky Treasure Hunt and Colouring Book
by Johanna Basford

3.0 out of 5 stars Sorely let down by the paper it's printed on!, 16 Mar. 2014
Really love this book, it's an excellent idea and I love the detail and ideas used to create this book. But it's not a very practical book because you can't use it very well.

The paper is not built for pens as pens bleed and also come through to the other side- pictures are printed double-sided and so this means for every picture you use pens on, you lose one on the other side of the page.

Pencils don't work so well- the paper is very soft and the pencils don't colour very well as a result, they appear quite faint and don't look so good.

Paints?-Don't even go there!

It would be great if this book was
1. printed on a spiral bound spine so the pages could sit more easily when colouring
and
2. printed on thicker non-recycled paper so the pens didn't leak and could take the colour of pencils more easily.

I hope that they do produce a second edition and I hope they take in to considerations the issues so many of us are having.

Redeemed
Redeemed

5.0 out of 5 stars I think this is one of the best songs !, 19 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Redeemed (MP3 Download)
I love this song, it speaks volumes and its been replayed ever since I downloaded it- why has this singer not been more widely known- Tori Amos style mixed with lyrics I can decipher!

Listening to this the whole way through is far better then the 30 second snippit you get so I'd advise anyone, if your thinking about it, get it, you wont regret it.

The Best Of...
The Best Of...

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic group amazing voice, 19 Dec. 2011
This review is from: The Best Of... (MP3 Download)
I just want to clarify here: these guys have been around for ages, they sung the song "wherever you will go" long before it was taken over by the girl on the TV adds singing it! Its better sung here, very deeply and soft, brought me close to tears when I first heard it nearly 10 years ago now. The album is also great but this in my opinon is the best song on the album.

A good reminder of the rockier grittier music in the early 2000's and sung with heart and emotion.

Well recommended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 5, 2012 6:27 PM BST

Mylo Xyloto
Mylo Xyloto

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this you will not be disappointed!, 29 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Mylo Xyloto (MP3 Download)
LOVE this album! Its one of the better ones. Not at all disappointed despite so many leaks and so many of the tunes already being released in previous weeks for free in various newspapers (Times anyone?!) Even those that were released prior have had a remix and sound better in the album form (all apart from "Every Tear..."). I am very glad I bought this and am overplaying already :)

Amie
Amie

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty tune, 29 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Amie (MP3 Download)
Everything Damien Rice does is very well done and this is no exception. Its part of a fantastic album and a sweet upbeat tune.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3