Profile for J.L.W.B > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Shampoo by Philip Kingsley One More Day Dry Shampoo 200ml
Shampoo by Philip Kingsley One More Day Dry Shampoo 200ml

4.0 out of 5 stars The best of what's around at the moment, 26 May 2014
I've tried a few dry-shampoos and most do not work. They all left my hair with a chalky/greasy residue and my hair just ended up feeling heavy, actually made my scalp itch and I ended up having to wash my hair properly in the end which wasn't always a practical option (meaning I had to cancel various appointments just so I could wash my hair to get rid of the itchy scalp issue!)

All I really was looking for was a product to get me 2 days where I didn't have to wash my hair- so being totally honest, I've not tried this for several days or festival hair. I generally wash my hair daily but on some occasions do not have time to do the whole hair styling thing so don't wash my hair that day. It does show and doesn't feel clean (I live in a highly polluted city and this makes my hair look dirtier far faster than otherwise). I think this dry shampoo works really well. I get little or no residue, it smells very subtle- strong enough to smell of something, but too weak to detract from what perfume or even what deoderant you choose to wear.

Other brands I've tried have been...Tresemme (both their dry shampoos) Baptise (most if not all of their various dry shampoos) Ojon (they only have one and it did not work at all!) Toni and Guy, Mark Hill, Lee Stafford, James Brown and talc (as in the powder). I think this Phillip Kingsley version beats them all hands down. It loses a star for being so expensive I don't know if I can afford to buy another for a very long time!

City Of Angels
City Of Angels

5.0 out of 5 stars Best song by this band!, 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: City Of Angels (MP3 Download)
I Love this song, love the video, worth downloading, I'd say this is easily the best song on the album.

I Can Has Cheezburger? 2014 Box
I Can Has Cheezburger? 2014 Box
by Andrews McMeel
Edition: Calendar

4.0 out of 5 stars This makes me smile :), 16 Mar 2014
Love the idea for this- not as ROTFL as the website I have to say but getting there and one of the best calenders I've had to date :)

Secret Garden: An Inky Treasure Hunt and Colouring Book
Secret Garden: An Inky Treasure Hunt and Colouring Book
by Johanna Basford

3.0 out of 5 stars Sorely let down by the paper it's printed on!, 16 Mar 2014
Really love this book, it's an excellent idea and I love the detail and ideas used to create this book. But it's not a very practical book because you can't use it very well.

The paper is not built for pens as pens bleed and also come through to the other side- pictures are printed double-sided and so this means for every picture you use pens on, you lose one on the other side of the page.

Pencils don't work so well- the paper is very soft and the pencils don't colour very well as a result, they appear quite faint and don't look so good.

Paints?-Don't even go there!

It would be great if this book was
1. printed on a spiral bound spine so the pages could sit more easily when colouring
and
2. printed on thicker non-recycled paper so the pens didn't leak and could take the colour of pencils more easily.

I hope that they do produce a second edition and I hope they take in to considerations the issues so many of us are having.

Redeemed
Redeemed

5.0 out of 5 stars I think this is one of the best songs !, 19 Dec 2011
This review is from: Redeemed (MP3 Download)
I love this song, it speaks volumes and its been replayed ever since I downloaded it- why has this singer not been more widely known- Tori Amos style mixed with lyrics I can decipher!

Listening to this the whole way through is far better then the 30 second snippit you get so I'd advise anyone, if your thinking about it, get it, you wont regret it.

The Best Of...
The Best Of...

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic group amazing voice, 19 Dec 2011
This review is from: The Best Of... (MP3 Download)
I just want to clarify here: these guys have been around for ages, they sung the song "wherever you will go" long before it was taken over by the girl on the TV adds singing it! Its better sung here, very deeply and soft, brought me close to tears when I first heard it nearly 10 years ago now. The album is also great but this in my opinon is the best song on the album.

A good reminder of the rockier grittier music in the early 2000's and sung with heart and emotion.

Well recommended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 5, 2012 6:27 PM BST

Mylo Xyloto
Mylo Xyloto

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this you will not be disappointed!, 29 Oct 2011
This review is from: Mylo Xyloto (MP3 Download)
LOVE this album! Its one of the better ones. Not at all disappointed despite so many leaks and so many of the tunes already being released in previous weeks for free in various newspapers (Times anyone?!) Even those that were released prior have had a remix and sound better in the album form (all apart from "Every Tear..."). I am very glad I bought this and am overplaying already :)

Amie
Amie

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty tune, 29 Oct 2011
This review is from: Amie (MP3 Download)
Everything Damien Rice does is very well done and this is no exception. Its part of a fantastic album and a sweet upbeat tune.

On Your Shore
On Your Shore

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this album love the artist, 29 Oct 2011
This review is from: On Your Shore (MP3 Download)
I only downloaded a few tunes from here- but they're all good! Why did I not take them all? Well I had limited funds but also on her fan site she offers a subscription (not cheap btw!) where you can pick up a signed copy which I will be taking up! Seemed mad to buy both so awaiting the money to do this.

Love all the music on here, it really does speak volumes and is such a well thought out album which covers so much emotional pain but does it in such a delicate and beautiful way. Worth a listen to even if you don't download, I'm hooked and am plotting my way through the albums as I type...

Behold the Hurricane
Behold the Hurricane

4.0 out of 5 stars Good tune, 29 Oct 2011
OK, listen-able and hasn't been deleted from my very picky ipod a few months on so must mean I like it! Worth a listen to anyway and was free to download at the time, fab offer.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3