Profile for Rachel J. > Reviews

Content by Rachel J.

Rachel J. "Rachel" (Nuremberg Germany)

VIPwees Nerdy Physicists Childrens unisex kids TV T-Shirt boy/girl caricature...
Offered by Jonny Cotton

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Big Bang t.shirt, 12 Oct. 2014
The figures on this t.shirt are immediately recognizable as the Big Bang crew - my 8 year old was thrilled with it. I haven't washed it yet so can't comment on how it will look later on but I am sure it will be fine for as long as it fits!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars ... Big Bang fans at our house so it was great to be able to find some t, 12 Oct. 2014
We are all Big Bang fans at our house so it was great to be able to find some t.shirts for my son. I haven't washed this one yet but it looks well made and is a lovely strong colour.

Transformers Optimus Prime Premium Edition
Transformers Optimus Prime Premium Edition
Offered by AmazingVillageJapan

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Oct. 2014
Good quality transformer toy - my son was thrilled with it.

Figures Toy Company Classic TV Series 1966 Robin Mego Style Figure
Figures Toy Company Classic TV Series 1966 Robin Mego Style Figure
Offered by Dolia Collectables

5.0 out of 5 stars Retro Robin figure - very authentic looking!, 12 Oct. 2014
Great retro style toy. My 8 year old loves the 1960's Batman movie/series which I also watched as a kid and so it is really fantastic that it is possible to buy the toys relating to that original movie and TV series.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars very flattering, 9 Oct. 2013
This tankini is lovely and soft and the support inside makes it very flattering. I am totally happy with my purchase and highly recommend this product.

Rocket Children's multi coloured LED Night Light with remote control. Choose colours, dimmer, set timer, auto colour and more!
Offered by Potwells

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect night light, 17 Feb. 2013
I am always on the look out for a fun and functional night light for my son and in this Aloka one I have found it. It has its own remote which he just loves and there are so many colours to choose from - some of them create more light then others. I live in Germany so the plug fitted right into our 2 prong electrical socket - you may need an adaptor if you buy it to use in the UK for instance but perhaps other plugs are available. The light has been such a hit that I intend to buy more for gifts. We have had ours for several months now and it is on throughout the night and we have not had any trouble with it at all. It couldn't be simpler to assemble and the remote is colour coded so little ones can just press on the button with the colour they want - rotating colours are also an option.

Worse Things Happen at Sea
Worse Things Happen at Sea
by William McInnes

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 10 Jun. 2012
I saw a quick review of this book somewhere and it interested me immediately as I am an Australian resident in Europe and a taste of home is always welcome. Everyone should read this book - it is so beautifully written and the photos are equally wonderful. It is a book to be read slowly and contemplated over a number of sittings and I am certain that, like me, every reader will be touched by it on a very personal level. William McInnes and his late wife, Sarah Watt, are to be congratulated on producing such a treasure of a book.

Jasmine Silk 100% 19 Momme Charmeuse Silk Pillowcase (IVORY) 50 cm x 75 cm - RRP £35
Offered by Jasmine Silk

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful to sleep on, 10 July 2009
This pillowcase is incredibly comfortable to sleep on especially if you have sensitive skin and it also reduces the number of "sleep wrinkles" you have when you wake up in the morning! There are no buttons or zippers it just slips easily over your pillow with an overlap of fabric at the back. No washing instructions came with the pillowcase but I just put it in the washing machine on a gentle cycle and it came out perfectly. I live in Germany and so I had this sent to a friend in London who forwarded it on to me - it would be great if the seller shipped internationally or at least to the continent as I had no luck finding a silk pillowcase here in any of the department stores. I am going to buy another pillowcase soon so that I can always have one on my bed - they are that good!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 19, 2012 10:01 AM BST

Something Rotten: Thursday Next Book 4
Something Rotten: Thursday Next Book 4
by Jasper Fforde
Edition: Audio CD

3.0 out of 5 stars Something Rotten, 21 Dec. 2004
Disappointing in comparison to the three previous books. I was sorry that Miss Havisham and some of the other earlier characters did not feature in this story. Nevertheless, I love the Thursday Next adventures and look forward to reading the next offering when it becomes available.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2009 8:03 PM GMT