Profile for Tony Ennis > Reviews

Giant Fire Breathing Toothless
Giant Fire Breathing Toothless
Offered by Idstock

1.0 out of 5 stars Toothless is tail less., 13 Oct. 2014
Opened on the day of my daughters birthday. The tail failed to stay on and the lid to the water container opened when the dragon was turned upside down. The morning was filled with "why doesn't the tail stay on, why does it leak". My daughter as sweet as she is suggested it didn't need a tail. Perhaps she saw my own, I thought well hidden, frustration. What a huge disappointment.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 13, 2014 7:33 PM BST

Charlie and Lola - The Absolutely Complete Collection [DVD]
Charlie and Lola - The Absolutely Complete Collection [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money., 28 Sept. 2014
Excellent. A lot of Charlie and Lola for a very good price. Covers all episodes over 11 discs in a nicely constructed box set.

Diecast Traditional Red British Telephone Box Money Box
Diecast Traditional Red British Telephone Box Money Box
Offered by Lizzy Outlet

2.0 out of 5 stars Fell apart., 28 Sept. 2014
Looked great but the 'roof' section came loose after a couple of weeks.

The Tyburn Tree - Dark London [VINYL]
The Tyburn Tree - Dark London [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars A captivating release, 7 Mar. 2014
Approaching this from the standpoint of being a Marc Almond fan I give this release 5 stars. I'm not great at writing reviews, I leave that to the experts, but want to remark on and rate this outstanding release. To me it's a return to form, or perhaps more accurately a return to days gone past. I can't help but compare this to some of Marc's darker releases, the more arty or experimental releases that I've always been drawn to. I hear elements of Torment And Toreros (without the mania) and Jacques (without the french fixation) and perhaps even Violent Silence? I'm hearing this for the first time but it's bringing back memories of younger days. I'm reminiscing about the past despite this release being firmly in the present. Anyway, you get the point. Make up your own minds but to me it's a captivating release.

Petlife Oxbow Alfalfa Hay for Small Pet, 425 g
Petlife Oxbow Alfalfa Hay for Small Pet, 425 g

3.0 out of 5 stars If only there wasn't so much ground material., 22 May 2013
I bought this product for my young rabbit kits and their recovering mother. The product was enjoyed by the kits when I introduced this to their diet at one month of age, and by the mother. The only problem I had was that there was a large amount of very fine hay which was not really edible by either. For a product of this price I would have expected more strands or whole pieces of hay. Nevertheless as this was enjoyed so much I have purchased a number of times but only during this critical stage in the young kits lives.

Borden Egg Nog 946 ml (Pack of 2)
Borden Egg Nog 946 ml (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great taste, 30 Dec. 2012
I can't fail this product. Perfect amount of sweetness and a great texture. I drank this cold from the fridge so I'm reluctant to comment on how it tastes warmed or even if it would really suit that treatment. For those who want a more adult taste I found mixing with about 20% cognac was nice but ultimately I preferred it just as it was.
Just for the record, as there has been some mention of price by other reviewers, I paid around £11.50 for the 2 pack direct from Amazon Dec 2012.

Tippitoes Amigo Baby Walker (Blue)
Tippitoes Amigo Baby Walker (Blue)

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy with caution., 14 July 2011
I bought the pink version of this baby walker. I bought it for my 5 month old girl. At the age of 7.5 months she managed to fall out of it.
Up until the age of 7 months I would not have had a bad thing to say about this product. The freedom it gave my child, the freedom it gave us, and the build of the product were all worth the money. However when my girl had reached about 7.5 months she managed to fall out of the baby walker whilst stretching for a dropped toy. My child is not exceptional, she is average in just about everything, both before birth and after. She is a normal child, which brings me to my concern. If my little girl can get a foot hold in the supporting brace (the part of the baby walker that allows it to fold), stretch, and fall onto her head, then every child can. I contacted Tippitoes to let them know what had happened and suggested a belt to prevent this happening. They informed me that mine was the first negative comment and they implied that they will NOT look into this. I know the product says 'keep child in view whilst in walker' but this may just not help. Children are very fast and surprise us all the time and luckily for us she was not seriously hurt. Still the sight of watching my small girl fall out of a place she felt secure onto her head is one I will not quickly forget.
Need to add that she once again fell out of the baby walker. Even if we had her in the same room it just happened so quick and this time the injury was more serious and medical advice was sought.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 16, 2011 8:16 AM BST

Tippitoes Amigo Baby Walker (Pink)
Tippitoes Amigo Baby Walker (Pink)

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy with caution., 13 July 2011
I bought this baby walker for my 5 month old girl. At the age of 7.5 months she managed to fall out of it.
Up until the age of 7 months I would not have had a bad thing to say about this product. The freedom it gave my child, the freedom it gave us, and the build of the product were all worth the money. However when my girl had reached about 7.5 months she managed to fall out of the baby walker whilst stretching for a dropped toy. My child is not exceptional, she is average in just about everything, both before birth and after. She is a normal child, which brings me to my concern. If my little girl can get a foot hold in the supporting brace (the part of the baby walker that allows it to fold), stretch, and fall onto her head, then every child can. I contacted Tippitoes to let them know what had happened and suggested a belt to prevent this happening. They informed me that mine was the first negative comment and they implied that they will NOT look into this. I know the product says 'keep child in view whilst in walker' but this just may not help. Children are very fast and surprise us all the time and luckily for us she was not seriously hurt. Still the sight of watching my small baby fall out of a place she felt secure onto her head is one I will not quickly forget.

Art of Acid: Mixed by Justin Robertson
Art of Acid: Mixed by Justin Robertson

4.0 out of 5 stars Let's judge the contents not the name., 20 Oct. 2008
For an international market perhaps 'The Art Of House' would have been a more appropriate title. The title is probably aimed more at the British market. Acid refers to a period of time and a style of clubbing culture rather than a music genre.

Disc one is a well put together mix of 21 tracks of various styles of dance music but predominantly House music from the 80's. Containing many classics this CD is both well constructed (if you enjoy the quick mix) and thoughtful in it's content. Anyone who was around at the time should appreciate this trip down memory lane and for those that weren't this is a great insight to the era.

Disc two contains re-edits of various House classics. From the subtle edits of Ashley Beedle and Greg Wilson, the updates of Graeme Park and Justin Robertson, to the complete re-workings by the new school. Each and every track offered something to satisfy my longing for the past and my need to keep it present.

This double CD gets four stars from me. I have my personal preferences and this CD may have fell slightly short of my needs but I find it hard to give it anything less. These type of compilations are few and far between and in my opinion this is one of the best to be released over the last few years. I hope there is a volume two and that some of these re-edits are released with additional versions.