Profile for Edgar Allan Poe > Reviews

by Roger Priddy
Edition: Board book
Price: 7.24

1.0 out of 5 stars Words got mixed up after a few uses, 7 Dec 2011
I have exactly the same problem. My Usborne sound books have undergone some heavy handling but still work perfectly. This particular book got the sounds/words mixed up after a few uses and with no heavy handling.

Ultimate Avengers 1+2 [Blu-ray]
Ultimate Avengers 1+2 [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Curt Geda
Price: 9.75

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good buy!, 19 Aug 2011
I usually don't have a lot of time to exclusively watch a movie. I usually end up watching a movie and working on my laptop. This time however, I had to put my laptop away because the movie grabs your attention and generally doesn't let go. You will probably find yourself watching both movies in the same sitting. Definitely one for the fans!

Philips AVENT SCD150/60 Thermabag (Black)
Philips AVENT SCD150/60 Thermabag (Black)
Price: 10.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, but quality is dissapointing, 15 Aug 2011
We decided on the Philips Avent range of baby products for our little one. We have the bottles, pacifiers, nappy bag, sterilizer and a few other items from this range. We use this bag to keep our baby's milk warm, this is not a typical bottle warmer/cooler, but works within it's specs as a warmer in normal weather of about 20+ degrees celcius (in Gauteng, South Africa). The problem I have with the bag is that the interior cooler/warmer material started to crack and tear after a few months of use, not something I expect for this price and from the Philips brand, so therefore the 3 star rating.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2011 7:30 PM GMT

Dragons - Fire And Ice [DVD]
Dragons - Fire And Ice [DVD]
Dvd ~ Keith Ingham
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.
Price: 2.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant surprise, 15 Aug 2011
This review is from: Dragons - Fire And Ice [DVD] (DVD)
I bought the movie because it had dragons in it. From the DVD case cover, I expected some 80s type animation. The animation is a lot better than expected (almost Beowulfish) and I think better than a lot of the recent DC animations. The story is pretty decent, contains fight scenes, orc like bad guys, some morality issues and the typical good truimphs over evil and is generally aimed at young kids (10 years?) and above.

Green Lantern: Emerald Knights - Double Play (Blu-ray + DVD)
Green Lantern: Emerald Knights - Double Play (Blu-ray + DVD)
Dvd ~ Nathan Fillion
Offered by A2Z Entertains
Price: 8.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie for those new to green lantern or even those familiar, 12 Aug 2011
The movie run time is 84 minutes. The movie is basically a collection of short stories that explains the origins/making of/the legend of several of the green lanterns. It's a good place for those new to the green lantern and wanting to find out more about the green lanterns. The PG rating is for some swear words and some dismemberment "for a little kid" scenes. Also recommend Green Lantern First Flight if you haven't watched it! Green Lantern: First Flight [Blu-ray] [2009] [US Import]

Disney Single Sound Board Book: "Winnie the Pooh" (Disney Sound Board Book)
Disney Single Sound Board Book: "Winnie the Pooh" (Disney Sound Board Book)

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book!!! Too bad about the battery :(, 2 Aug 2011
My 8 month old loves this book, especially the sound. The button is soft enough for him to press over and over ;-)

I would have rated it 5 star, however the battery cannot be replaced, and after a week of use, the battery seems to be running flat so I'm going to have to try and replace the battery, buy another book or have an unhappy 8 month old on my hands.

Baby's Very First Book:Faces
Baby's Very First Book:Faces
by John Fordham
Edition: Rag Book
Price: 4.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy!, 7 Feb 2011
I bought this book for my 2 month old. He absolutely loves it. It's worth every penny. I've since decided to buy a few more similarly constructed books. When I received it, I wished it was a bit bigger, but it's the perfect size for those little fingers :) I only regret is that I didn't buy it sooner.