Profile for Maggie L > Reviews

Dvd ~ Chris Pine
Offered by cd_lp
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Star Trek films ever, 31 Jan 2014
Just brilliant - brought the original Star Trek bang up to date - and Benedict Cumberbatch (aka Sherlock Holmes) played a brilliant baddie in the 2nd film.

40cm A Rated 1000 Spin 5kg Top Loader washing Machine (AWE6517)
40cm A Rated 1000 Spin 5kg Top Loader washing Machine (AWE6517)
Offered by In Stock Appliances
Price: 294.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful compact machine, 31 Jan 2014
I bought this machine as I have a very tiny space in my kitchen for a washer and also because I have a bad back. The limited space and my back condition would have made bending to a front loader difficult. A friend has had one for a good number of years and recommended it. The machine still has a normal drum but this is accessed from the top.
I am delighted - it is easy to use, the progress bar lets you know the stage the programme is at and the controls are clear. It performs very well - in short does everything I wanted of it - fits my small space, saves my back and washes my laundry.
It was slightly noisy on my floorboards, but a simple base of MDF screwed to the floor solved this. It would probably be much better on a solid floor.
I would recommend this to anyone with limited space or who finds bending difficult.

Another Day in Paradise (The Louise Golden Mysteries Book 3)
Another Day in Paradise (The Louise Golden Mysteries Book 3)
Price: 1.90

5.0 out of 5 stars A real page turner, 8 Nov 2012
The adventures of Louise Golden and her furry friend Sage the Westie continue in this the 3rd of Laurie Hannan's books. I couldnt put it down - it has everything - and it makes me feel as if Im in Hawaii. Well done Laurie and I can't wait for the fourth one!

The Casual Vacancy
The Casual Vacancy
Price: 2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars The antithesis of Harry Potter!, 3 Oct 2012
I bought this book the day after it came out for my Kindle. I am struggling - I am only about third of the way through and I just cannot go on with it anymore. Sorry J.K. but it is the most boring, badly written book I have ever read. Why does there have to be so many brackets for one thing? Its almost as if Rowling set out to write the antithesis of Harry Potter - as this is full of swearing, badly behaved children and adults and an uninteresting plot. In fact I can not decide what the plot actually is!
She did say she had written this book for herself - well if it had been her first it would have been literally that as no publisher would have taken it.

How Far Is Heaven? (Louise Golden Mysteries)
How Far Is Heaven? (Louise Golden Mysteries)
Price: 1.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant 2nd book in the Louise Golden series, 12 May 2012
A brilliant sequel to the first Louise Golden book - I couldnt stop turning the pages - it started off at a fair pace but by the end this book fairly gallops along - you just HAVE to know that everyone is OK (including the little Westie Sage). Thanks Laurie for letting me "visit" Hawaii through your books - cant wait for number 3.
Im so glad the author made this available on Kindle.

10-20-30 Minutes to Quilt (Sewing with Nancy)
10-20-30 Minutes to Quilt (Sewing with Nancy)
by Nancy Luedtke Zieman
Price: 10.28

5.0 out of 5 stars My most Used Patchwork and Quilting Book, 23 July 2005
This - as my title suggests - is my most used patchwork book. There are excellent items for the beginner and for those with little time to quilt. Speed cutting and piecing techniques, simple quilting methods and lots of hints and tips. There are some excellent inspirational ideas - for example using printer fabric to copy photo's and make a "Memory" Quilt, or using all the embroidery stich trials from your machine and using them as the centre of crazy blocks. Nancy even gives a simple speedier version of a crazy quilt. I can't rate this book highly enough.

The Millennium Prayer
The Millennium Prayer
Offered by Mattpuss
Price: 5.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Got me in my stomach and moved me to tears, 28 May 2001
This review is from: The Millennium Prayer (Audio CD)
When I first heard about this release - I thought it would not work - but when i first heard it with those wonderful kids from Chicken Shack - I was impressed. Cliff - you've done it again. Recently went to his return concernt - Off the Record at the Albert Hall and he sung it with the audience joining in - I got this incredible feeling in my stomach - it was fantastic. Well done Cliff - at 60 you are better than ever!!!