Profile for Mel > Reviews

Sony XDRDS16IPN.CEK DS16iP Clockradio Dock made for iPhone/iPod
Sony XDRDS16IPN.CEK DS16iP Clockradio Dock made for iPhone/iPod
Offered by K.K. Electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 31 July 2014
Bought this to go by my bed. While compact it still packs a punch for volume and sound quality. Currently one of the few DAB clock radio iPod docks suitable for the iPhone 5 connector under £100. Very good value for money and really easy to use. I now also use it for charging my phone rather than the iPhone charger.

Asus MB168B 15.6 inch Widescreen LED Monitor - Black (500:1, 200cd/m2, 1366 x 768, 11ms, USB 3.0)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, bought for my husband as he is ..., 31 July 2014
Love it, bought for my husband as he is used to using 2 screens at work and wanted to work at home. I use it as much as he does. Great for running multiple documents. Not too large. USB lead is prone to falling out is my only niggle and I bought a stand for it rather than using the case as a stand. Bought a Fellowes book rest stand. How did I manage before I had it?

PC247 Replacement 11.1v 6600mAh 9-Cell High Capacity Extended Laptop Battery for Dell Inspiron N3010 N4010 N5010 13R 14R 15R 17R | Vostro 1440 1450 1540 1550 | Part No.'s: 04YRJH 07XFJJ 312-0233 312-0234 383CW 451-11510 4T7JN 965Y7 9T48V 9TCXN FMHC10 J1KND J4XDH TKV2V W7H3N YXVK2 - With PC247's 12 Month Warranty
Offered by PC 247

1.0 out of 5 stars no longer works properly, 26 Feb 2014
bought this because my battery had stopped working properly (due to age). At first this charged up but now my laptop only works when plugged in next time I'll buy a proper dell part as this was a false economy

Blood & Beauty
Blood & Beauty

5.0 out of 5 stars Borgia Bloodshed, 6 Jun 2013
This review is from: Blood & Beauty (Kindle Edition)
I was totally absorbed in the story. It's fast paced and exciting. I didn't think i would feel sympathetic to any of them and yet Sarah Dunant makes you feel sympathy for some of the most notorious characters in history.

The Elephant in the Classroom: Helping Children Learn and Love Maths
The Elephant in the Classroom: Helping Children Learn and Love Maths

4.0 out of 5 stars thought provoking, 6 Jun 2013
I teach Maths and much of what is said about rich tasks and getting children away from rote learning resonates.

Cables To Go 5m Cat5e 350MHz Snagless Patch Cable - Purple
Cables To Go 5m Cat5e 350MHz Snagless Patch Cable - Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars it's a cable, 11 Feb 2012
Not sure how i can really review a cable except to say that colour coding is the way to go in our cable strewn office. It is also very flexible (not all cables are. Delivered reasonable quickly as well.

Tintin and Alph-Art (The Adventures of Tintin)
Tintin and Alph-Art (The Adventures of Tintin)
by Hergé

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 11 Feb 2012
My son bought this and as an avid Tintin fan he found it fascinating to see how Herge worked. It isn't really a story and is very much a work in progress. This is one for real fans only or tose interested in how a detailed comic book adventure was constructed by one of the masters.

Bluelounge CableDrop, Cable Management and Tidy in Multi Colour -  6 Pack
Bluelounge CableDrop, Cable Management and Tidy in Multi Colour - 6 Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillinant really helps, 24 Aug 2011
Dskk has three external drives, two or three laptops and a printer plus Ethernet cables etc you can imagine the spaghetti... These have really helped tidy the mess.

10 Minute Solution - Target Toning [DVD]
10 Minute Solution - Target Toning [DVD]
Dvd ~ 10 Minute Solution

5.0 out of 5 stars great for beginners and effective, 24 Aug 2011
I bought this as a total beginner who walked and cycled to keep fit but hadn't done any targeted exercise before. I like the ten minute concept as it is easy to fit into my day. After a few weeks I am beginning to get the hang of the exercises and I can see see some results. You do need to acquire some weights for the arm section but otherwise all you need is a towel.

The instructor is very encouraging (but has the scariest smile ever), she reminds you to correct your posture as you do the routine and you really feel you have worked hard. The time flies by and I am looking at other DVD's in this series to mix up my routines as the toning doesn't really address cardio exercises.

Russell Hobbs Distinctions Kitchen Scale, Black, 5 Kg
Russell Hobbs Distinctions Kitchen Scale, Black, 5 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars great product works well and looks great, 1 Aug 2011
The Russell Hobbs scale looks really good and is very easy to work. The platform is big enough to take a Kenwood chef bowl which makes baking cakes really easy as you just put your bowl straight onto the scale and reset the readout every time you add a new ingredient. It is a really good product and I would recommend it to anyone I am really pleased I bought it.

Page: 1 | 2